(2012/07) Jul 2012

Sashamama- hws it? Popped? Jiayou!!!

I was there tis morn too...brought hospital bag coz had slight show n contractions but only one cm. so I'm back home again...happy!! Nw on bed rest thru out hoping bb stay in there till fri!!
happy.gif

Hi SG,

Where is ur due date ? Why do u hope bb stay until Fri ? My due date is today. Having contractions just now .. as hubby suggest I use breats pumps to stimulate the breasts, trying to induce labor.

Hello! Wan to ask if the opening and closing red packet is how much, if the work is just so so average? I will be changing CL after 2 weeks as I was due 2 weeks earlier so my original CL introduced her cousin to do for me. As I heard good reviews abt the original CL, I wanted to try her out. In this case I need to provide 2 sets of opening and closing Ang Bao right - one for each?

tanny, it's up to ur comfort level for the opening and closing angpows for CL - some gave $38, $68 or even $88 for each and if the CL really perform well, some ppl even gave $100+ for the closing angpow.

tracy time ur contrations and see if they are regular... and if you change position or move to they stop or continue

Hello mommies,
Had a terrible terrible week of blocked ducts plus fever last week. Am just starting to recover, although it hasn't fully cleared up yet.
For those pumping exclusively, don't leave too long in between pumps. I made that mistake, and really suffered for it!

Looks like a few still waiting to pop, Good leh, can keep inside for so long
happy.gif
Welcome new mommies who have popped. Hang in there if you're doing confinement yah? I'm waiting for mine to be over soon. Feels like a really long wait, but soon soon....

SG_SC, joykeychain
jia you ya? Meantime, relax while you still have time.
happy.gif

Congrats to mummies who have their bundle of joy in their arms already n jiayou to all whose babies r arrivin!
happy.gif

My bb is nw 7 days old n i wonder if he is over eatin
sad.gif
he is about 3400gm nw n duno y since he returned frm hospital, he has increased his appetite frm drinkin 50-70ml (30-40ml breastmilk n maybe 30ml formula) every 3-4hrs to 60-90ml (50-70ml bm, 30ml formula) every 2-3hrs!!!! Confinement lady say so long as he shit alot its ok. But e appetite is so great dat even i m shocked!!! Anyone's bb has similar appetite?

Jommom: take care!!! My fren oso had similar experience n thus gave up on bf. jiayou!!

Hi jommom
Me too kenna fever last wk due to engorgement.. Last night slight fever due to lump too as no express out on monday when go out so had some infections.. Luckily one of my friend recommend me to use warm water put in bb bottle to massage at the breast area then feel better.. Maybe u can try tt?

Hi gals
Sorry to asks, how u gals judge on how to make just nice temperature water to make milk? Eg for 60ml milk, is it 40ml of cold water n 20ml of hot water?? Pls advise.. Thk u..

Joanne,

I went to the bfing class in TMC, lactation consultant says must use cold and not warm massage. As the heat might cause vessels to expend and worsen engorgement. I'm not sure too... I kanna engorgement too, cleared after massage and expressing milk with pump.

my bb is about 3 weeks old. after BM, would have to supplement with FM (about 80ml), actually would have no idea how much BM they suck right? unless we pump..

my CL kept saying that the amount is ok as long as baby is drinking..i wonder if it is becoz she feed bb so much, dats why bb's appetite is so big, hmmmm....

My cl say actuali per meal best is feed with either bm or fm. Try nt to mix. Hmmm. But i dun hv 80-90ml bm at one single pump leh. My bm at most 80ml total after pumpin for 10-15min per side. Cant support my bb's appetite
sad.gif
if he ltch on b4 we feed expressed milk, i m left wif at most 40-50ml onli. Sad~~~~

Mommies kena engorgement, can use cold cabbage mask the breast... It help me! But don't use too long (perhaps 1-2hour in between feeding) coz too long may decrease supply.

Engorgement normally last 24-48 hours.. So no worry...it's because the body preparing for the milk duct to start fill up with milk

Hope this helps

Hi mummies,

My bb is 1 week old... I also kena engorment... I tried to latch my bb on but due to short nipple , it's hard to latch on and my nipple is very sore...Anyone know how to solve the problem of sore nipple?

Hi gals
How r u? Very sad tt my cl leaving next mon n my mum say she will help me out at night.. But i worry her health whether can take it as twins really not easy...

Also, due to go out and no time to latch on n pump... Milk lumps build up again below my breast n had some infection tt cause me having fever this 3 days on n off..;( still abit swollen n red when see fr outside..;( wht shd i do to ease the swollen n milk lump build up? Shd i go see LC? Hv try cabbage, hot bottle massage n hb help to press the lump hard hope can disperse it but still had fever..;(

Hi rer rer n cherish
Hv decided to change maid.. Maybe to filipino one.. Really vomit blood this month.. Can u imagine she iron my hb clothes n yet no iron the pocket infront of the shirt?? She does things still slow.. She cant help me much except hsework n yet didnt do a gd job.. Wipe dust dun wipe front bed frame n only wipe back bed frame.. I really faint.. So many say she shd give me an extra hand but no lor.. Even my cl say she does things slow n her heart still at hometown n not here.. Also she say her stupid.. Omg.. Think before i finish my ml, i shd change soon else how my mum cope with 2 bbies n one kid..;( anyone got recommendation for agency with filipino maids? Thk u..

H

Joanne,is your maid frm Indo? I am facing the same problem as you! She totally pisses me off. She can use a cloth which she uses to wipe shoe rack to wipe table! Endless egs to quote. My CL teaches her until want to vomit blood too:/

When my CL leaves, life is gonna be tough. Not only have to take care of baby,have to monitor her as well...hais

Karen and ashley? My nipples also short and I also have problem latching, I can only do football hold to latch but also manage to latch few times successful only.. My gal is almost 10 days old, think she much prefer bottle then breast even though I have very good milk supply..

For info, I am from August thread, but have to induce baby at week 36, could I join your FB group too?

Thanks Ashley... I will try the pigeon brand nipple cream ...
Hi ET,thanks I will try the football hold... Mine also prefer to drink from bottle than the breast... Is that good?

I would also like to join the FB Group... Anyone noe how can I join? Wat's the group name?

Ashley,

I had c sec too. Massage lady came to massage only my breasts to clear blocked ducts. She says cannot massage other places till 3-4 weeks after birth.

PS: It was VERY painful >.<

Hi kadice
Mine is burmese maid.. Many say i shd hire filipino maid..haiz.. But my agency only hv burmese maid.. Same lor.. Still hv to monitor her.. Very tiring.. Feel like pay her for nothing.. Sigh.. Did u consider change too?

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb..

I have a full bumper set to let go at $30, the set can be found selling $49 at current Taka baby fair.

This set is washed but never used, is as good as new. The set comes with
1. Bumper (10.3 inch high), fit 27 by 52 inches cot
2. Bedsheet x 1 piece
3. Bolster x 1 piece
4. Pillow x 2 pieces

Please PM me for pics if keen, tks.

Ashley,
Thank, I will try my best.

I also c-sect. I don't think will do massage until 1-2months later. Wana let the wound, especially internally, heal properly first.

Joanne,
When I had fever, LC advised me to get antibiotics from polyclinic to fight the infection, she said there's no other way, unless body is strong enough. Panadol also will suppress the fever only, doesn't make the infection go away. So, I have it on standby now. It was really awful lor, the breast pain untilllll.......!

I suppose you're refering to FM. My #1 drink is 30ml cold to 10ml hot. But not sure if it's the same for infants. Not written on the tin?

Kadice,
yup, we won't know how much they drink unless we pump. That's what I chose to do during her jaundice days. But the nurses kept on telling me to monitor via her poo.

itsy,
I was told last time that how much baby drinks also depend on their size. And that if they drink a lot is ok, but must monitor that there are not merlion-ing everything out again. That's a sign of too much if burped properly already.

Hello!!

Thanks for all e reply!

Itsy, i tink my bb will drink more den dat soon. Nw 90ml ebm can no longer satisfy him leh. I noe bb will drink more as he grows but mine seems to upgrade his milk amt too quickly liao
sad.gif

I did jamu massage after an earlier miscarriage so i assume similar n i gt mental prep. Kipin fingers crossed :x n hopefully 3 wks after birth massage is ok. See wad my gynae say next week at review.

Anyway, anyone knows if it is true dat we shudnt hv both ebm n fm in a single meal? My confinement lady says so but i tink if can feed both den my bb wun feel so hungry n can slp longer rite?

My supply not 'constant'. Each time I express, amount ranges from 60ml - 110ml. If it's 80ml and above, it's enough for her but usually last feed at midnight, I 'lao hong' liao... will get less than 80ml. I'll feed her the ebm first then feed her extra fm. If I don't give her the extra fm to make her full, she will cry non-stop!

Itsy, I read baby went through Growth spurts commonly occur at around 10 days to 2 weeks, at 3 weeks, at 6 weeks, at 3 months, and again at 6 months

Mine was taking 80 then 100 ml EBM; now he is 3+ weeks, went back to 80ml per feed

Try pump 2hourly? And the fenugreek supplement to help increase supply

I notice if I rest enough sleep; milk slightly increase. Also midnight 1am -5am try to wake up and pump ... Result seems better... Just more tiring for moms like us who express EBM

Jomomm... Pls see LC they should be able to help to massage the lump!?or your Gynae for medication ... Not good to keep fever for long time.. You need to rest more ... Jia you!

Jomomm, the post natal for csect can do after 15days; a good masseus will know what can or can't press... (eg. Avoid wound or tummy area)...
It's important to get rid of the "wind" and ache in limbs after carrying baby for 9mos... Perhaps you could consider at least a form of relaxation? Coz after 1-2 mos, the muscle might take longer time to relax/loosen

I had my post natal massage w mdm Jenny (found in the forum)... She is good

Ashley,
I feed my boy EBM and FM especially at night only.., coz otherwise he can't sleep and keep crying.

But I DO NOT mix the EBM and FM together in 1bottle... I feed one at a time

I keep record of my pumping and his intake.. So I know where my "good pump result " time and make sure to wake up for that timing to keep up supply... (unable to build up supply yet; as he got good appetite)

HTH

Hi jomomm
I hv been doing massage fr wk 3 onwards after c sect.. Actually is ok de as our wound is at the bikini area n they massage the tummy so dun hurt..;)

And i went to see lc, my massage lady say the lc had clear my milk ducts so i feel better n no more fever..;) lc say i shd see gp to get antibiotic since is infection le if feel pain...

MummyDee

I pump every 3 hourly, last feed at midnight, then 3am then 6am... Very tough to wake in the middle of the night!

My elder boy could latch and it was so much easier. This time, my #2 can't latch so got to sterilize all the things, takes time to pump and then feed. More time spent.

Ur bb is taking 80-100ml per feed at 3 weeks old! Wooh, quite an appetite!

Joanne, only way to prevent the lumps from coming back is to ensure that u pump or latch frequently and try to empty your breast regularly even if u have to go out. And in my opinion, the best way to empty the breast is actually with the help of bb.

With the problems I encountered with my dd, I went to see a couple of Lc. The 1st couple from the hospital were not able to help much and also concluded that I have a short nipple and as such it is very diff for my bb to latch on. Although for my past 2 bb, I did not have so much of a problem. However, I subsequently went to see another Lc who was indeed very helpful and despite what the previous Lc say that I have a short nipple and not able to latch my bb, I am now able to do so. My only problem now is a sleepy bb on the breast.

This Lc that I saw also recommended the vitamin lecithin to be taken when u find that u have lumps appearing as she says that lecithin helps to a certain extent to unclog the lumps. So u may want to consider it.

Would like to find out. How much weight has your bb put on since they left the hospital? Mine is 4 weeks tdy and I think she has only put in ard 600g which seems very little when I compare to my other 2.

When I went to see the pd 2 weeks back, I was told that at 3 weeks bb should be taking ard 100mls per feed and it should go up to 120mls per feed by 4 weeks.

Joanne3,
Finally u making a move on e maid. Really hope u can find a better one. I'm not better than u.. My indo maid still does things slow. Does hsework anyhow do lor. When come to looking after bb, she seems so so but when feeding her, maid no patient, always say bb sleep, doesn't want milk. I can't wait to change her but hb doesn't seem keen. He says change also hv e pattern. N I just find not worth paying salary to her but anyhow do things.

If hb agrees to change, I want to change a philipino one. Really bua tahan current one.

If u still hv postnatal massage, can ask e lady to massage for u.

3monkey: my bb gained abt 300gm at 1 week but i tink cos he eat alot. He onli 10days old but drink almost 100ml bm liao. 600gm sounds fine for 3 weeks? Try callin pd to ask? I always do dat
happy.gif

Mummydee: thanks for replyin! My bb oso dun seem to b full wif onli bm. Duno y leh. Hungry n glutton bb i suppose. N i already fed 80-100ml bm!!! Omg!!! Tink i'll feed fm at nite so he can slp longer. I pumpin like mad to satisfy his appetite

ET, welcome! Nice to see old fren here. I so bz with bb in hosp that I tink Ayden nt happy. So far my ss kinda disappointing... Highest record only 60 ml day 5 but my boy can drink 70 ml le. Nw that he is bk I dowan to pump le. So pain!!!

Sigh. Need some advice again..

My 10days old boy started last feed at 345 n drank abt 50-70ml den at ard 5, he started cryin n cl say he wana drink den we gave him 20ml more.. Den he started cryin again at 520 n cl say we shud feed n i tot juz wait till 545 since pd say hv a gap of at least 2 hrs between feeds.. Den he fell aslp n woke up at 550 demandin to feed but he dint wana drink n cl say cos we dint feed him when he wanted so nw lidat...

So shud i hv kept to e 2 hr gap or simply feed whenever he looks hungry?

Hello mommies, boys generally drink a lot than girls.. I read on Jack Newman Breastfeeding website, baby generally drink between 600-960 ml on daily average...

At growth spurt time, child appetite increased (Growth spurts commonly occur at around 10 days to 2 weeks, at 3 weeks, at 6 weeks, at 3 months, and again at 6 month)

If baby don't sleep enough, they don't grow as well as those who does rest well

Ashley, if your supplies good, suggest keep feeding whenever baby hungry... So baby could sleep afterwards... Mine started also 50-60ml, now at 3 weeks he is on 80-90ml per feed (approx 2—3 hours gap)... But if he pooped or peed alot after feed, soon he hungry again.. Coz BM get digested easier/faster...
I just have to persevere pumping... When really no more stock, I gave in to FM...

Itsy, my #1 boy never latch .. Coz at hospital already gave FM in bottle ( i was inexperience then). He always on EBM and FM last time.. And my supply never able to meet the demand

Now my 2nd boy... Started at hospital and few days at home can latch.. But I gave bottle EBM coz I want my mom (my CL) to rest as well... Coz spoon feed was taking more time... Since my boy prefer the bottle. I went back to LC to try to get my boy to latch, but reach home after few days, he refused again and sleep after few minutes suckling... And he end up nurse for hours... It seems taking more time from me, coz I have to be seated .. And effect of epi on my aching hip wasn't helpful

For now I m not sure if I should go back to LC to fix the latch issue... Plus I have slow flow... My boy got frustrated and hence want his bottle... At times I felt such a weak mommy for direct feeding...

Back