(2012/07) Jul 2012

Hi gals
Can anyone recommend good caterers for buffet? Gonna to celebrate my bbies full mth soon but still dun know which caterer sells gd food and nice service? Btw, me abit mountain tortoise, whts the purpose of displaying cupcake huh?do we need to buy any big cake to cut like birthday cake huh? Thks girls..;)

Tracy,

No need to pack anything for bb, all clothes provided. Remember to pack pajamas with front opening, going home clothes. So exciting!

kadice, tried to PM you but think u can't accept. i can't seemed to find the power converter anywhere. i hvnt bought it yet as i am only latching, not pumping at all till maybe 3 mths down the road. we used to buy this from the electrical shop in bukit merah central for about $11. it's the shop along where guardian is, opposite the length of the hawker center. i'll probably get it much later so let me know if u need it then.

lili_gal: I clicked "Join Group" at the top right of the page. that's all I need to do, right? Hmmmm... Did I miss a step or something?

Kadice: if you looking for the power converter for the US medela, can get from Sim Lim Square, Mustafa Centre or Home Fix DIY shop (in order of most variety and cheapest selection).

thanks java..

3monkies..
maybe you can express out the bm to ensure the ss is there? at least if bb dont latch you still can give the ebm to bb

3monkies - i had the same prob as u for my #1 then..i din noe she was not latching correctly n enuf n her weight did not increase at the one mth checkup i tink...the PD then scared mi saying need give FM else brain cannot develop well!!! wah, frm then we jus supplement FM at nearly every feed coz i wasnt pumping/;atching diligently then. So am very determined that i latch my #2 more now.

Also my gal stopped latching wen she was 3+mths...very sad. No matter hw i tried to reintrodice her to latching, she refused. LC also said too late oredi wen i tried again few mths later. So i jus pump n express fully. Its stil not too late to rectify ur prob, quickly bring bb down to LC n im sure they'd be able to help u.

Jessica - actually i ate all types of food wen bf..neva particularly avoid any...but try to cut down on alcohol, spicy, spices and caffeine, esp jus b4 u latch/pump, so that concentration levels not so high. Some has said it affects the milk taste if so but i haven tried it yet..;p

Thanks Liligal & Qris, yes I got it at home fix
happy.gif

qris & twittymon, yah found u in the FB group. added. please be active and participatory ok?

Thanks for the little thinkies link!

Hi everyone! I m still waiting for my turn.... I like end of the world liddat took bubble tea everyday over wkend! Went out whole of Sunday! Can go office furniture n car hunting with hb somemore but bb still dowan come out...

Lilgal, we trade in our current one n change to older bigger space car, left 3 yrs drive till scrape..... Cos with maid n #2 very ltd space

Manunuted, I got walk stairs but havnt do squats maybe I will try! How r ur boys? My mum kept nagging me to go ask doc if he noes any date? They moreganchiong than me

rer-rer - yes climbing stairs and squats do help. Remember seeing my neighbour climbing up and down the stairways then suddenly next day deliver le...so i very scared to do that now..coz i hoping bb stay in there longer
happy.gif

hi mummies..

finally have time to come in here again..
too many posts to follow up.. will try my best to follow up ya..

Finally just spoken to my manager regards to my maternity leave.. seriously if i dun go to him ah..he wun come n ask me de lei.. sometimes i wonder is he my manager or not..
i told him i will be taking this friday(as i need to go see my gyne for check up) n be back to office on 15th October..abt 12 weeks of leave lor.. n told him i may extend if i gt problem having my bb enroll into the infant care..

today bb is week 38 already.. seriously i keep hoping bb to be out.. but i oso wish bb stays there longer..haha.. those who popped, do u all miss bb in ur womb?

SG_SC & Linggie: i still walk abt but will feel tired easily.. esp climbing the stairs.. will get breathless..

Gonna endure another 2 days of working..
tml gonna conduct a training.. i told my supervisor i want to conduct a training for all those who are doing my work.. i dun wan i come back n face alot of shits.. i did a step by step manual for them oso no use de.. they dunoe how to refer de.. act smart n make all the mistakes.. *faint*
my manager even better.. i told him this part who will be covering when i m not ard n he say he will let me know again..n dan today i asked him again n he say he got someone to cover liao..its like he dunoe how to communicate de sia..

okie i m sorry to rant..
just feeling frustrated with work..
each day i wake up n i told my hubby i dun wan to go to work.. it is such a drag~~~

Linggie-yeah getting heavy n walking abt like a penguin too. But I'm the kind who will miss bb in minonce out. So I'm stil trying to enjoy this moment while I can!

Tanny- ur turn??

Joy javen- honestly speaking I m getting happier as the day goes by coz I'll be free frm the shit for 4 mths! Who cares wats going to happen..Jus do Wat u can nw n wen u return frm ML noone can guarantee tat things would remain the same.. Even better if there's a big mess coz it only shows u were indispensable!! Dun stress urself k

Hihi mummies, im from august thread but seems like baby may be early so would like to join u all.. 1cm dilated and been hving irregular contractions.. But hoping baby will stay inside for another wk or 2..

sg_sc:haha.. when r u going for ur maternity leave? i already applied mine le..n going this friday onwards..
i wish i can dun bother.. but i dun wan later pin point finger n say i didnt handover properly or i didnt tell them blah blah..
i wish there will be changes when i m back oso..haha meaning i got new jobscope.. kinda sian of my current jobscope..

Hi Jojo..welcome=)
well just leave it to fate when ur bb wanna come out yea.. hehe.. irregular contractions meaning braxton hicks? when ur edd suppose to be?

Doing squats will make our wombs lower? That's wat my colleagues and elders told me. They forbid me to squat when I tried to take things drop on e floor.

Hi mummies, how's everyone doing? Seems the forum is alot more quiet now, mummies who have popped must be busy with their lil ones!

Rer rer, tanny, SG_SC, linggie, joy javen, I'm still waiting too hehe!! These days more n more ppl r asking when I'm due. Prob cos tummy looks so much bigger now. Turning 39 wks on thur n trying to spend as much quality time with no 1 before no 2 arrives, really hope the transition will be ok for him. Let's enjoy the last days/weeks ladies before our lil ones arrive!

Hihi all,

I been a silent reader for a month. Active in aug thread n IVF thread. Edd 15th aug, c-sect next Monday 23rd July. Hope to share experiences here too
happy.gif

Some regulars here like Joanne, rykiel, Tanny will recognize me :p

Congrats to mummies who've popped!
happy.gif

Java, Tracy, sg_sc, thanks for your comments. Since I last posted, I managed to get bb to latch. However, she still has a very weak suck on the breast and not able to or not willing to work hard on the breast. As such after 'latching' her for 30-45 mins, I am still able to pump out quite a but to bottle feed her.

I went to see a Lc yest but was rather disappointed with their comments. Cos they did not really encourage me to latch her but to just pump and feed. Although I know that with that she will still be getting the benefits of bm, but having successfully latch my other 2, I feel sad that I am not able to do so for #3. Or rather I should say that I have not yet been able to bf her successfully. However I am determined to do so.

yes i agreed with joy_javen! it is not as easy to let go of work as said haha when the baby is out, work is the last thing on our mind.

i also lament abt going to work daily haha but at home i also dunno what to do...

cookie: i guess more of mummies who have popped are more active in facebook group?
coz mostly using phone to read easier dan using comp/;lappy mah..=)
Jia you Jia You~~ let continue our waiting game.. haha..
yeah spend more time with ur #1 n must let #1 know u love him oso when #2 is out..n say is part of family n all must love each other=)

Mummyfrog: squating will make womb lower? my mil nv say anything lei..
anyway if its a week later from edd shld be okie=) ur gyne will advise u accordingly de=)
jia you jia you n enjoy the moment..

Sashamama: welcome =) n have a smooth delivery=)
y decided to c-sect? bb too big?

Joy my edd supposed to b 14 aug.. Now just entered wk 37... I think not bh but contractions, coz painful.. But irregular, on n off feel it..

1st pregthat time gynae told me to use the sit type toilet n to avoid the squat type, coz i asked as i prefer using the latter... So i tink mayb really shld avoid squatting too much.. This preg im still using the squat type now, dunno is it one if the reasons im feeling all these contractions earlier this time round..

I went gynae ytd n tell me my water lvl very low. So need to go bk on fri... No wonder ppl all say tummy small n I may need to go induce on Sunday.......

Sharing recycle tips:

Mommies taking chicken Essence or fish essence .. Can reuse the glass bottle to store EBM.
Maximum can fill approx 60ml (u could measure from the pump bottle before pour into the glass container) If

If the bottle cover after wash still have smell (eg new moon ones I have) I use cling wrap to cover the lid first then use the cap

Hope this help!!!

Jpyjaven, Cookiemonster - im due next fri, but everytime pple in office ask mi y im stil in office, wen due then i will say next week, they tink im kidding..whahha...but really time flies. Cant believe it's my final week le...abot nervous too...dunno wen exactly is THE day! Yes, let's spend more quality time wif our #1 or HB in the meantime..;p

Tanny - OOh Congrats! Out le bah?

Squatting - i also liked to use the squat type last time b4 3rd trimester then gynae also forbid, say better to use sitting one coz most women will do squats nearing labour to aid faster delivery..but gynae din say will cause womb be low...

Rer-rer- it's ur turn! JY JY!!

Mummies,
Can anyone advise which brand of fm is suitable for newborns? I am worried The bm supply will be very low in first few days so was thinking to get FM as backup..

Counting down to see my lil princess...

ahahahha... jul thread is like for yet to be delivered mummies and FB group is like for already delivered mummies! hahaha...

tracy, any brand is ok as long as it's for newborn. i go with enfalac.

rer-rer, finally ur turn!

cookie, update us when u deliver k?

Back