(2012/07) Jul 2012

Btw, do all mummies take the metabolic screening test for bbies? I only took the hearing test first, u gals take tt too? Thk u..

bhoo: Don't worry too much...juz pray. Another gf of mine's son was preterm too...now 5 years old and is a very very smart boy.
Just last week I saw him, told him to draw a fish on the doodle board and he asked me if he can draw the ocean waves instead. I said yes and after he finish drawing the waves, I asked him where are the fishes. He told me the ocean is too deep so I can't see the fishes...haha...

Joanne: Whao....congrats!!! It must have been a very touching moment....I hope I can hold my tears when my turn comes
happy.gif

Hi joanne03, congrats! Just let yr hubby to handle the maid issue. U concentrate to rest and take care of yr twin babies.
happy.gif

Finally posting here! lol. Confinement is driving me crazy
sad.gif

I'm only allowed to shower and wash hair every 2-3 days. I feel so sticky!!

Oh ya, are we not allowed to drink plain water during confinement?

Joanne, congrats! Pls dun bother abt the maid issue n concentrate on the babies n urself. She is gonna be the last person u need to worry k.

Joanne,
Congrats congrats!! Rest well first. If I'm not wrong, c-sec usually stay for 4 days. 1st day will be resting on bed, 2nd day u will be asked to come down n walk.

Jesyln,
Yes. We suppose not to drink water as it will cause water retention. Substitute wif red dates longan drink.
I'm 'targetting' to bath daily wif alternate washing hair this round. My #1 confinement nearly drove me crazy n depressed!

Joanne: Congrats! So happy for you.
If not bcos my epi didn't work fully and causing me to feel all the pain I would have cried too when I hear my boy first cry.
You rest well
happy.gif

Joanne: congrats on the arrival of your long feng twins!!! So happy for you! Both came at good weight! Take care and rest well!

Joanne: I did all the tests they recommended except for the metabolic screening.

C-sec at 7am? I guess Dr Loh must be looking pretty haggard when he was performing the procedure? Hee hee hee...

The right side of my uterus is having tiu~tiu~ pain. Wonder if it's ok.

MIL is pretty blur doing my confinement and I get quite pissed sometimes but hb is taking her side which makes me more pissed! I get so upset I wonder why I even bother to start it (IVF) at all and go through all the pain and challenges.
sad.gif

Jo, congrats!!!! Wana see twin pics!!! So fast and sudden! And gd that they were in no nd for nicu which u hv been worried abt. U must be hvg ur hands full right now.

On ur qns, I stayed 4d3n for my last c sect. Recommended by doc. This time also same length cos hubby went away for 1day trip n I din want go hm (im staying w mum) without him. We din take the metabolic screening test. Not really necessary so hubby avoided.

Yah agree w the mummies. U jus rest n leave the maid to ur hubby. Jus feeding two of them will kp u v occupied.

Oh, for all new mummies, try to direct latch as much as possible. They will tk time to learn hw to latch n suck. Also need to spend lotsa time waking them up n mk them open big big b4 latching. Bring them to breast nipples vs bringing nipples to their mouths. This was taught by LC on my recent stay. Good refresher. Mk use of LC. Free when u r staying there. If pump, lotsa mothers in jun side are finding their supply depleting already after 1mth if they only pump.

Jus had my very 1st massage. Massage so so only. Wrapping is v v tight. Supposed to kp till tmr afternoon without bathing. Think i cnt tahan. Will tk out n bathe tonight. Most prob will try diff massages in the whole confinement mth.... At hubby's expense.

Laura, try the soft tactic on hubby, saying dun nd to go into post natal depression now n nd his support. After the emo period over then we can b more rational. So now just listen to wife!!! Hahaaa. Ur son so cute. Mk him a mummy's boy yah? Then its all worth it. Lol evil evil laugh.

Jeslyn, not necessary. I did it for fun n experience. #1 total nothing n had a better figure than pre-preggy stage due to BF-ing.

lili_gal: Fortunately, he's mummy's boy. When papa made mummy angry during his 2 days warded due to jaundice, he helped me to teach papa a lesson by giving him the killing stare when papa tried to goo~goo~ him. Yes! I felt so song!

Joanne, congrats! For ur 2 beautiful babies, send ur maid home n get new one k?

Bhoo, it is difficult not to worry but u hv to trust ur PD n if can breast feed, try all means to let ur baby drink ur milk.

Ladies, do u find ur #1 extremely clingy??? Goodness, 2 weeks before delivery, my girl starts to get my attention. After delivery worst, see me hold my pump, she will climb up the stairs to my room n wait on the bed want to see mommy "make milk." Me wants to sleep, she sits beside me n read her book softly. She never behaves like this! One thing good is she is very afraid of me angry but how to act angry all the time? My hb brought her to Downtown East so I hv a piece of mind now. So quiet resting on my sofa, helper cleaning the house, CL preparing my dinner ingredients n boiling my daily shower herbs. My wonderful mil has soaked 4 big sea cucumbers before my delivery n tonight I m going to eat that. (Heard it helps to increase milk supply). Black chicken soup with backache herbs n dang gui n steam cod fish for lunch, I m going to miss my confinement food forever!

Lili gal, i arrange massage at 10am (earliest time slot) cos I m removing the binder during my shower at 5pm. I can't stand the binding. My hb will try to convince me to wear it till next day but I can't unless he wears it together with me lah. He just wants his cents more worth it kekeke...btw, is ur constipation still bad? The confinement food is the culprit. I took fiber choice which helps me a lot.

BB, yah not constipated but got one pile down there. Caused by the pushing. So it's hard for me to shit or even think of doin it. Just ate some papayas. Got med to loosen stools oso. Fiber choice is it like fybrogel? I'm thinking of adding to my red date drink. :p

Confinement food this time not nice for me cos this CL food so so. Last time one v v gd food cos she has a restaurant in Msia. Trying her vinegar pig trotter later, my fav.

My boy today refused to talk to me! So sad. I made sure I gave him loads of attention, just on him alone but my CL n mum kept pushing him to meimei so he might be feeling a bit fan2 gan3. Hubby oso ask him to not come close to me or meimei cos he has slight flu. Will ask them to stop sayibg such stuff later. Hopefully it's bcos he's sleepy. Or else v sad! My
mummy's boy!!!!

Lili gal, my gynae prescribe me pile gel to apply during my stay in hospital. I hv no constipation problem yet cos I hv been taking fiber choice. It is just fiber made into tablets for chewing. Very nice to eat. If constipation is bad, I can share mine with u, it is just adding more fiber to the diet. It is not sold in Singapore yet (I really hope they do sell in near future) cos it is very effective n safe during pregnancy n post natal.

Hello dearies!!

I hvt logge in for ages!! Congrats to all who popped!!! I m so lookon forward to e day!! Nw 36 weeks 5 days n yday went doc n she say bb nt engaged though he has been head down since week 28
sad.gif
(( n he onli gained 100+gm since my viist last fri. Shud i b worried? I kip hvin e instinct he will b out in week 37 n i've been havin unbearable rashes.. Was devastated to hear dat he is not yet 3kg nor engaged. Sigh. Must bb head b engaged b4 labour?

Thk u all gals for ur kind wishes..;) am glad n very happy too when see them..

Hi Liligal and Laura
Any reason why u gals opt out the screening test? Me oso considering is tt really necessary...

Hi rer rer
I oso no energy to both abt her..;) my both bbies r my priorty now and am glad my boy just start school so not many homework..;)

Hi Pink
Not sure whether they identical as too young to tell now but bb gal got small mouth and both face r round..;)

Hi cherish
I am confuse as they say today is consider operation day and tomorow then consider first day stay so if 4days 3 nights means discharge on mon or Tues or wed? Quite fed up with tmc nurse as they r blur too.. Sigh.. Who has stay in single ward of tmc, hb must stay else will oso charge is it?

Btw gals, for c sect, do u encourage bbies to start try breastfeeding on first day or do it only on 2nd day? I am in delimma now.. Wonder how frequent nurse will carry bbies to room for breastfeeding? Every 3 hourly too? Thk u all..

Joanne, I rmbr my Neighbour who was on full GA bfeed when she was awake. Jus use the side by side lying down position. We r at mil plc to let my boy play with 5 mths old niece n also to break away fr my mum. Gosh when he was eating his fav fishball noodles, mil fed halfway n go carry niece n feed him. He got pissed n said meimei can't eat n try to make mil put her on flr. Attempt to push her away! Tink jialat le...

Joanne,
For my #1, I had c-sec on Tue morn n discharged on Fri. But I understand fr my gynae that if she feels e mommy is ready to discharge earlier, she will recommend so I hv e impression gynae may hv e idea n say?

Bb, liligal,
I'm also worries abt attention given to #1. He very very clingy to me recently, like super glue till his ccc teacher commented it's normal. Previously he will say he will saying meimei but now, he say he beats meimei. I think I hv to try spend time wif him after deliver but wif mil ard, think it's tough. She has been telling my boy meimei coming out soon, mommy no time for him next time so must listen to nainai. Feel like asking her to quiet!

Joanne,
I didn't hv e chance to try bf for my boy previously due to bad experience. But what I understand fr friends who underwent c-sec, they try to latch n bf as soon as they feel comfortable. Some tried to bf few hrs after op.

Joanne: if your hubby is staying overnight (with full meals), then a daily charge of $95 will apply. As for the 4D/3N stay for Csect, I think the nurses can't confirm exactly when as it all depends on when your gynae discharge you although the standard length of stay for csect patients is usually 4D/3N. In my case, my gynae discharged me early so I was only charged for 3D/2N stay.

Jo, this time round i get to BF early i.e. right after delivery in the labor ward. i think it helped in milk flow and allowed the girl to have time to pick up the skills of latching right from the start. i did it every 3 hours. for twins, i'm not sure how taxed u'll be cos u'll need double the time for each session.

when i had c-sect for #1, not sure why but nursery din really offer me to BF then. they jus feed FM. only when i wanted to see baby, i get to latch on. if not, they left me to sleep and did not bother to come in 3hourly. i din know better then. i was quite upset later on and they say i din tell them i want to total BF. that time Mt A service was quite not there yet. now very very much improved. so point is, i dun think it has to do w c-sect. maybe u jus rest 1 day so tat u r off drip and then can BF freely.

cherish, yah... today i kinda told my mum off when she kept pushing #1 to go see #2 or said things like this shirt too small, u shudnt wear anymore and i'll give to meimei. kind of did it on purpose in front of CL cos she was doing the same but in a gentler tone than normal, saying it's not easy for the kid, so let's not create competition among them or give the impression that there's another more impt person in the house now.

interestingly, i spent a lot of time w kid today, jus hanging out with him, reading with him and playing. he was very pleased and somehow naturally, he started mentioning meimei saying he would like to see her or watch her when she's milking. since he's sick, he even took a stool and sat at the bedroom door jus to watch. once i'm done, i came out to play with him and no mention of his sister. think it worked. need to continue to let him know his place in the family still remains. not easy for him i think... esp when daddy kept going into the room to smile at his darling girl. hahhaa...

Hi rer rer
YA, i try bf just now by lying at the side n LC help me clear the ducts.. Am happy as got colostrum for both bbies though bb gal can suck well for 10mins but not bb boy as he too sleepy to continue after one or two min sucks..;)

Thks gals on the wishes n stay detail.. I hope to stay 4days 3nites since bbies r still small n if they stay one more day in nursary rm, i feel more at ease.. Right?

Btw mummies who has given birth at tmc, did u gals sign up the bb studio package? Me considering as my boy last time oso got take such photo shoot under peter pan but i forget the pricing.. Me considering premier package so tt they can take for both twins at same price which is more worthwhile.. Just curious abt the quality n whether is it justify for the quality.. Any advise for those who took up the package? Thk u..

Cherish, same situation say me trying my best to give the elder one sense of security that her position will not be affected yet the older generation keeps on telling my girl that when mei mei comes her 第位就不保了。 Mummy will sayang mei mei more... Haiz

win_123, i havent tried dry shampoo before..but was recommended Klorane, think not too bad..i bought a bottle for standby. just in case..haha

My elder niece will scream to her parents " throw Meimei to dustbin" when she throw tantrums or saw her parents carry bb Meimei.. Faintzzz

Liligal, monmon,
If my mil or their family going to continue to say that, I'm going to tell them off, not going to give face. My hb knows I can sound nasty if I'm pissed off so he better 'pre warn' them.
I just don't understand why they keep forcing my boy to accept he must give his what n what toys or soft toys to meimei. Frankly speaking, I don't expect a 2yr old to understand it. Must give him time to slowly digest n accept a new sibling is joining. Anyway, I shall see how things go after I deliver!

I'll try liligal suggestion, will spend some 1 to 1 time wif my boy so that he knows he's still mommy darling. Though he's so clingy to me now, I does enjoy every moment secretly as no guy or boy ever wants my 100% attention n wants to follow me whenever sees me going out. Hahaha!!!

Congrats Joanne! How are u recovering after csect? Do u have any side effects for epidural?? So How long after your op and u can start bf??

I m getting nervous coz it will b my turn soon...

cherish... establishing a mummy's boy is good!!! for us!!! hahahahha.... my hubby is a mummy's boy so i made sure my son is one too! i understand wat u meant on the 100% attention. hehee sometimes i find the way he looked at me so much more love and endearing than hubby 100x! best, my son will sometimes lie on my bed, take time to stare and admire me when i'm sleeping n not wake me up. sweet hor? heheeeee.... so loved.

Lilgal/cherish, my boy complaint to my hb.... He saw my niece use his pillow n bolster that he always use at mil plc last time, he said meimei take his pillow n bobo, made a really upset face. Best is his beanie that he used since birth, my mum made for him de, we plc a set at mil plc cos last time mil look after him, he was really upset! I dun understand y my ils have to use my boy's stuff when my niece has got her own.... I also feel kinda sore abt it nt to say my boy! We had to tell him , meimei only borrow his things, will return to him later. He wants to nap also can't nap in peace without his pillow n bolster. I got a blanket my parents bought fr hkg de for my boy last time, mil also let my niece use lo. She got a few blankie lor!

Sorry I m getting territorial n offtrack, am tinking ways to get bk my beanie n blankie for didi.... My hb relative also lo, kept saying he gonna ve korkor, must let Bb slp his cot, wear his old clothes etc..... Wah I buay tahan , have to reiterate that it's on loan n he learn to share like in sch so must share with didi.

Joanne, I also took with Peter Pan Studio for #1. It was good. But this time round for #2, we only signed up for the passport photo package as we require the passport photo to apply passport for our boy and based in experience, it's really difficult to snap a good passport photo for newborns. We have not received the hard copies yet so can't comment on their work. Their premium (creative print) package do look good. Since you're having twins, I think it's really worth taking it up.
happy.gif

Qris, you gave birth at tmc and c sect? And they allow you to just stay for 3 days 2 nights just pay for 3 days 2 night ha? I wonder if my gynae can discharge me earlier and glen e just charge me for 3 days 2 nights. hmm... I don't want to stay for so long.. Somemore alone
sad.gif
Hubby won't be around for a year.. By the time he comes back, my no.1 will be 3 years old, mei mei 1 year old Le T_T must show them videos n pictures often so they know they have papa..

Hi Shann, Yup, I gave birth via csect at TMC on Monday at 1813hrs and was discharged on Wednesday 12pm. My gynae came to visit me on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Tuesday morning I was able to walk around and Wednesday he said I could go home because to quote him, "Even if you stay one more night, all you'll be doing is watching TV". LOL!

I guess once you can go to the toilet on your own and be mobile, incision recovering well, gynae would be able to discharge you (at his/her own discretion), then you only pay for the length of time you stay at the hospital.

Your hubby is away for so long? Yup, must do video calls. etc..
happy.gif

Joanne, big congrats on the safe delivery of your babies, they're both at a good weight!
happy.gif
hope u r recovering well n having a great time bonding with the babies
happy.gif

Mummies who standby or already fed newborn with formula, which brand did you ladies use? I was thinking of buying a small can of Enfamil (think this is the Enfa series for newborn?) but as I was looking for the name I saw that a 10 day old boy in US died from consuming this? Any thoughts n recommendations? Thanks mummies!
happy.gif

Shann, did u consider joining your hubby? Maybe you can apply for no pay leave? Being apart and managing 2 kids will not be easy, I'm sure your hubby will miss you n the kids alot

Cookie, I also wish leh... But go there first of all we can't stay together too. He is going to Perth for one year training and has to stay in school, plus the pay only enough for himself. Go there no maid even worse lol!!! I am self employed so no work means no pay and I must maintain my network and pool of students here else if I join him, when I return to sg I have to start from zero again. So thinking of all these, in the end decided to stay. Thought of renting out our hdb here and stay in Perth for a year.. But I will lose all my students! So cannot lo.. cannot survive when we come back to sg. His pay is still low lol!! And I got zero students, stressed!! I also don't want to teach in school, prefer self employed.

Back