(2012/07) Jul 2012

Mummies, from my own personal experience, its true, lost weight pretty fast when I TBF no 1, so jia you with bfeeding, not only is our bmilk good for bb but helps to lose weight faster too!

Sgsc, I also find I'm putting on more weight now than with no 1.. Guess weight gain is inevitable, just got to embrace the fact and tell ourselves we will lose it after birth!

SG_SC, lucky today got temp staff to help me else sure faint at desk! Now feeling better, later got dinner appt, dunno can make it to see GP for my cold or not. Panadol doesn't work =( The pain came on and off, I see how.. hopefully nothing to worry about! Baby was quiet the whole day and I was so worried.. then just mins ago, she kicked (or punched).. think she is facing inside now.

I gained 8kg and baby is only 500-600g, not much appetite these days, no cravings till date.. dunno what will happen to my weight once my appetite improves! Hahaha.. *faintz*

SG_SC,
i hv been eating a lot of junk food for #2. sometimes, felt guilty as i didnt' control my diet like last time. been eating a lot of fast food too and appetite is huge!!! i can tell hubby that i'm full, cannot eat liao but my mouth keep eating. hahaha

kshirin,
take care. if really still unwell, go see gp or ur gynae for med.

finally monday blue is over!!

hey ladies.. juz wanna ask, wads the diff between Axa Life's Mum Advantage & the Pru First Gift? i havent bought an insurance yet..

Hi Mommies,
Sorry to interrupt….I have some brand new BUMWEAR prefolds for sale. Never used before.

5 white prefolds (premium)
5 unbleached prefold (newborn)
2 Snappies

Willing to sell them in a bundle at $30 (exclude postage charges).

Individual item purchase is welcome as well.

Please pm or email me at [email protected] if you are keen to purchase them.

Yes! Became junk food addict me sigh
I bought Pru first gift hah but I did not compare, did heard fr my fren axa is slightly better but unsure in terms of specific.

lili_gal, I think I spent more than $5k so far alrdy....really have to cut down on the expenses so that can have more cash for the bb :p

kshirin, I think all our spending exclude our annenatal charges! The normal expenditure for bb can be q high....

cookie, welcome to the July mummy thread!

Soulsista, I think AXA one is better after I've done the comparison....the TMC FBI is offering 6 months free coverage but I intend to quickly get it before 30 weeks cos cannot qualify after a certain period....

Dear mummies, im from the Feb 2012 thread
happy.gif
i wish to help my confinement lady look for a mummy with EDD in July as a mummy fly her areoplane ^^ if any mummies r serious abt engaging a CL, pls PM me? She was my CL for 5 weeks. I am very pleased with her. Im not gaining anything from recommending her, just trying to help her as she rejected a few July mummies only to have the July mummy now saying her mil will help her instead. Thanks all!
happy.gif

kshirin, i also stay in NE and travels to West. sometimes can't wake up but got meetings have to pay "fine" via CTE. Very expensive. I think if i add up all the "fines" maybe i'm spending a lot too! u don't be too stressed at work k? not good for health. got temp staff get him/her to handle more stuff. the temp staff will be assisting during ur maternity leave is it?

cherish, me too!!! coffee addict or else really cannot work. but only limit myself to one per day and then milo all the way hoping that the sugar will keep me up. hmmm.. maybe that's why i'm gaining so much weight. too sian to work oredi not forgetting that i'm not totally excited about my current job. i also haven't found good position but dunno why can sleep during day better. so how ah? any good ideas?

SGSC, i also lost a lot of weight after BF-ing. even less than my pre-preggy weight. direct latch almost all the time as i think the flow is faster and stronger. hopefully this one also will be like that. oh and i BF for 14 months.

cookie, we also showed #1 pics of the scan too. even brought him to gynae once together. now abit bu she de. think i'll keep him by our side at night still under CL finishes in one mth. i think i'll favor #1 more cos it's a boy. my hubby oredi zoom in and buy clothes for #2 when last time he bought NOTHING for #1. how old is your #1? will you be getting a gift for #1 and then show it during delivery and say it's from #2?

sblbee, wah you another high spender. my hubby just spent $3K on his rubbish. i think there's more. i very upset. we don't usually go for brands but he bought super branded stuff for himself and bought me a cheap $20 necklace! expensive clothes for #2 and nothing for #1. geeesh! i think i better divert him to spending on the babies instead.

btw, i went for emergency C-sect last time and stayed one day longer in hospital. super expensive. bill came up really high. better save for that too. not forgetting the numerous diaper changes later.

oh, i'm starting to feel more bloated and slightly nauseous. not sure if it's due to reaching 3rd tri cos now in my 26th week. anybody same? or maybe i eat too much.

Waterwaffles : Wah, my CL also just fly me aero plane! But I already short listed one last week. Else I can consider. So the lady also forego her deposit?

Sbllee : care to share yr research if available? So axa can only buy before 30 mths?

dun scare me. i gave deposit liao. will the CL fly me aeroplane even after deposit?! so hard to find one nowadays.

Lili gal, yeah the temp will cover me when I'm on leave. Very tiring to travel on the trains everyday. Lucky tummy is big enough now for people to acknowledge my preggie status and offer their seats. I passed out once before during week 16. Too stuffy & dizzy!

Oh Oh, I'm also deciding between Prudential and AXA.

Lil gal : my fly aeroplane CL returning my deposit. She say she high blood pressure cant do. Funny reason my guess. Prob she choosing her clients. The one I'm shortlisting now no need to pay deposit... Cos referral by someone, else she say she will need deposit too.

Btw what's the name of the AXA insurance plan for babies?

I also feel bloated and sometimes even have heartburn.. normal at wk 23? Not to mention leg cramps and a swollen ankle! All 3rd trimester symptoms, right?

CL
I'm also scared mine will fly airplane last min due to her age n I heard she didn't completed e previous confinement due to last min unwell. Left halfway. Praying hard for my turn.

Lil gal,kshirin,
Hi 5! I also stay at NE. are we in 3rd trimester now? Thot it will be in 7mth pregnant?

If only can work fr home, then won't feel so tired traveling. Do mommies still wake up often at nite?

I also start to feel bloated easily n sometimes e chest area feels a bit tight, like need more space to expand? Feeling heavier at tummy too. Can't imagine e next 3mth...

cherish, yah, i kp waking up to pee. last time worse but i think that was in 3rd tri. now only twice. my symptoms all same as yours and the whole body cracking and aching is terrible too. even when i walk sometimes i crack. my spine also crack. hips there also. joints like wrists, ankles and left knee.

now i'm in 26wk.. i think in 28wk is considered 3rd tri according to the book.

ok but i dun take MRT, i drive to work. so sometimes very scary, zombie-like driving. like blur blur abit.

how to make my super relax hubby more anxious ah? the room is not prepared for CL and new baby. clothes still in boxes and not in the shelves for new baby. n he's spending tons on branded stuff for himself! argh! ok.. good thing is he massages for me at night. redeeming factor.

tanny, so pay deposit also no count lah. so it's a win win for them and not for us even w the deposit thing. :S

Cookie- my #1 n #2 are gonna be sisters..hope jiejie can help take care of meimei at times. Actually they say once u have 2 kids having a third or fourth makes no diff oredi... Hmm... Haha

Kshirin- feeling better oredi? Hw many weeks r u now? I also puton 8 kg dunno hw heavy..next week will noe. Dr did say shld be Abt 600g by then. Let's see....

Cherish- I read ur post abt being full yet mouth cant stop eating..hehehe can't help giggling in agreement! Y like tat ah? If bb taking the weight I'm ok but I doubt so judging frm #1

Lili gal- I only bf for 12 mth but not full bf. My gal din wanna latch aft few mths n I was lazy in pumping. So prob tats y din lose the weight. Tis time m very determined to be diligent to see if any diff anot.

Good morning mummies,
2days to go before long weekend!

lili gal,
aiyoyo. ur bones joints cracking a lot? do take more calcium and milk. we need it. yes, my back is real aching when i try to sleep every nite. Now, i sleep on my sofa for the past few days. wondering if it is due to the epidural side effect? but hor, cannot be so fast right? i thot ppl say some ppl will encounter the effect when old.
my hubby is like yours. super relax. been telling him to get drawers for #2 but no action yet. i think he's waiting for 'auspicious' date to buy. cant stand him! at least yours still massage for u. mine totally NO. the 特遇 is so different from #1. wail wail. hahah

SG_SC,
i predict i'm going to gain more weight for #2 based on the intake i'm taking now!

Qin,
i drink chicken essence once a week as i'm quite lazy lor.

good morning mummies =)

I am currently expecting my first bb . Have yet to buy any of the bb stuff yet. *stressed*

Can anyone advise where to get bb cot?

then i have to wail louder! haha my first one, i also have no special treatment (he is always overseas ard somemore haha)
only good thing is he took over laundry =p

welcome tracy! cots can get from baby kingdom, babyhypermart, and a few other shops, saw alot during the taka fair as well

a few of us here have not bought anything as well!

Liligal,my no 1 is 28 mths now, thanks for the tip on giving gift to no 1, I'm going to do that
happy.gif
and tell him no 2 is also his present.. Sounds like ur gal is going to be a daddy's gal! Re hubby spending on ex items on himself maybe u can hint to him that the pregnancy also not easy for u n u deserve a reward too haha! Can just tactfully tell him baby expenses a lot n better to save more now that u have 2? But sometimes men just wanna reward themselves for working hard etc, haiz.. What can we do?? Like what cherish say, at least ur hubby still massage u! Mine doesn't!

Cherish, talk about epidural side effect, recently when I bathe I notice a sensation at my spine, also start to wonder if it's becos I took epidural or just overly imaginative

Sgsc, gd thing abt same gender for no 1 n 2 is can pass down toys, clothes etc n hopefully they will have common interest! We can try for gal n boy for no 3! Yup I also heard that once u can manage 2, no 3 shd be ok

i was like kinda stressed when everyone was like huh you haven buy anything yet? LOL!

But i started to buy bb clothes though. too sweet to resist.

anyone going for natural birth ? I was reading the baby books and it seems like it be super painful *OUCH*

Mummies, me feling the aches liao too, and recently tummy feels so stretched, super uncomfy!! Felling very heaty too!

Noticed the past few days once overeat I will start feeling nauseous again..

Btw mummies any recommendation on where (spree, bp etc) to get gd quality n gd price nursing bra?

Tracy, I also haven't started preparing, planning to start this month

i hvn got anything yet too. im looking at the bottles from avent from amazon, idk shipping hw much but even u add in right still cheaper than SG leh. im gg start my bp for taobao once again tdy or tmr. notice ppl looking for swim wear. for myself is into clothings n some bb stuffs thou.

my backache is getting super bad. cant sit long too. my MIL commented that my back hip there alot of rou. n im growing in that area. n she said growin in that area no good for mummy cos v v straineous on the back. =( siao liao mans.

cherish, SG_SC,
I'm 23 weeks now, yeah should be 28 weeks onwards considered 3rd tri. Feeling slightly better today in terms of cold. *Sigh* I didn't get to see doctor last night. Hope can make it today!

cookie, mummies,
hi5 again! I also have bodyaches and it is getting worse. I woke up last night in pain when I was trying to turn from left to right. Hubby panicked and started rubbing my calf. hahaha. He thought I had leg cramp. So funny. Had a hard time getting off the bed and walking now. Argh. Are your backaches that bad!!!? My joints don't really crack that much.

I also eat non-stop, until my belly button pops up in a very peculiar way. Hahaha. Sometimes eat until too full that tummy hurts, feels very overstretched & bloated!

Welcome Tracy!!!!
I am also having first bb but hubby and I bought many things already... hahaha.

Other than the shops mentioned by linggie, u can check this also.. looks good! http://babymeadows.com.sg/nursery-baby-and-kids-room/nursery-en/baby-cots/vanille-convertible-baby-crib-cot-bed-from-denmark-newborn-to-7-years-old.html#.T3pi-GVRbFw. We bought a cot from Palmax from the bb fair @ expo. Usually around $300.

Happy preparing!

cherish, you sleeping on sofa?!?!? Hahahhaa... funnily alot of us are not sleeping with our hubbies!!! me included. i still hvnt gotten a double bed for my room even tho i jus moved to my mum's place half year ago. #1 & hubby on floor on mattress and i'm sleeping on single bed so that boy doesn't kick my tummy at night. you get a lot of benefits from hubby with #1?

btw, do you folks know that there's a new study abt milk that it's not truly helpful? cos it's highly processed especially milk powder. it's a myth n marketing ploy like how De Beers made diamonds super expensive even though the real material is just dirt cheap and nothing much. nowadays all conflicting news.

Tracy, linggie, we super lax also hor. din get anything yet.

cookie, hahaha.. i jus did last night. used the soft method, told hubby that pregnancy is really not easy for ladies, need to vomit, uncomfy, can't sleep, bloaty for many mths, later BF and can't sleep. totally close to 2 years. guys hv it easier. all i got was... "dun be negative! it will affect the baby!" :S anyway, so i got myself a trip to club med bintan in 1 or 2 weeks. hehehe.. even tho i think preggy got nothing to do there. can't imagine myself in bikini and preggy! hahaha.

tracy, i found the pain REALLY painful during labour. with epidural life was good but i tend to have high reflex and moved during the injection. which was very bad as it might cause me to be paralyzed. so this time dunno if i can tahan longer. also epidural withdrawal symptoms it was v bad for me. shivering and very cold then whole body itchy for 1.5days. still hoping for a natural this time round. last time boy's head was too big and jammed for a long time with no dilation after 12 hours.

rykiel, i still owe you the price list. let me check w my contact but i think they are off for qing ming holidays till end of this week. i also grew in all places esp buttocks.
sad.gif

kshirin, your belly button pops as well?!?!?! i thot i was the rare ugly one. hahaha... do you stick a plaster to hold it down or else wear clothes got like something poking out. hahahhaa.. my son is very thrilled over it.

i bought a medela support belt from taka fair haha but i dont really know if it help?

i m doing pre antal yoga so i think that helps as well...i think our backache will only get worse moving forward!

mine also buttock grew the most sigh...

lili gal, I tot of using plaster too!! Haven't done that... Now, it's just leaving it popping as it is. HAHAHA. My hubby went ewwwww.. it can POP????

hi ladies,

glad that someone shared on the belly button popping out hehee
happy.gif

oh yes, jus to ask those whom are experienced do natural birth delivery require a binder huh? or only C-SECTION needs a binder huh?

oh another tin is full month party cakes, nowadays do we still go thru the trouble to go around distributing cakes huh? cos i realise that nowadays people only invite relatives to full month cos if give cakes earlier, people might tot we r asking for two ang baos at one go lor.

yeah as for confinement ladies, how much is ideal for 1st and second ang bao huh?
happy.gif

lili gal,
last time when first pregnant, hubby will hold my hands when walking, making sure ppl wont bump me or flr was wet. massaged my legs if sudden cramp at nite. a lot more concerned. Now? hahah, no more liao lor. hahah

cookie,
i also hope that it's just our overly imagination on the epidural side effect =)

belly button
mine already popped out long ago and find it looks awful as ppl tend to stare at it.

i'm thinking to get the herbal bath stuff by this week. at least this can keep first. usually only hv weekend to run errands. so with 3mths to go, not many weekends left.

liligal,
i so scared i will anyhow move when doing epidural but i am afraid of the labour pain toooo..

linggie.. i also looking for prenatal classes.. my backache is so damm painful lo. need to roll around to the side beofre i can get out of bed and its a torture lo..

anyone know where have pre natal massage for aching backs or get the herbal bath stuff?

I am not having a confinement lady .. what else i need prepare for confinemnet ar?

Hi ladies....anyone of you going or already gone for the glucose test?
My doc told me I have to go in a few weeks time. But I thought usually that is recommended only if they find something not right with the basic urine test?

cherish, yah yah yah!!! last time he also like that!!! geeeshhh... i even forgot abt it now! that's what happened when u hv been ill treated for so long. thx for the reminder! i will start my manja sessions soon. nd to practice the art of manja-ing or teh-ing.

linggie, what does support belt do? how to wear clothes w the belt on? isn't it bulkier?

sunbelle, i think all needs a binder. to flatten the stomach.. hahahaha... for me i had C-sect so i thot it was there to kp my torso straight so as not to hurt the wound as well.

tracy, i thot i can stand the pain but obviously not. this time though i will be more prepared with lotsa stuff to distract me so that i can last longer e.g. videos, music tracks, computer to surf, games etc. errrr.. only thinking but haven't done anything abt it yet. i think better setup a task list or else i kp procrastinating. :p

for confinement, i recommend those hotel slippers as well. cos i was very liang i.e. cool after delivery. even my feet are cold. wore slippers in bathroom, hotel slippers in living room & bedroom. i wore long pants everyday but short sleeved t-shirts on top. i bathed and washed hair. if u dun plan to wash for a while, u cn get those dry shampoo, like powder to keep ur head fr being oily. u got folks to prepare confinement food for u? oh, and also red dates tea. best if u hv crock pot to boil it and thermal flasks to keep them warm.

linggie, mother and child and como? what's that?

Marie, no glucose test for me at all, not in #1 also.

hey hey who was the one with researches on insurance. can share? i got nothing for my #1 except for the free 6 mth insurance and after that jus a medical plan. geesh... i'm undercovered just like what the papers said recently.

oops mine is in reply to pre-antal yoga center- mother and child at tanglin and como at forum.

the maternity belt supp to help lift pressure off the back haha mine is quite thin so dont add bulk but at the same time, i m unsure if it is helpful...

hah i m lousy, i bought the insurance without doing research

Hi Mummies/Mummies to be,

I just delivered in Jan and have stopped breastfeeding in Feb (less than a month). I am selling the below items for $350.All items are in good condition.If you are interested, do PM me. Wishing all a smooth delivery! Take good care =)

6871813.jpg

Ameda lactaline dual breast pump (Original Price $399)
Autumnz Breastmilk Storage Bottles- half are unused (Cost $18.90)
Pigeon Natural-Fit Silicone Nipple Shield- New (Est. Cost: $10.00)
Pumpin Pal Angled Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (Cost : $36.00)
Ameda Freezer Bags (Comes with breast pump)

Mummies my belly button popped weeks ago and I am only 23 wks + going on to 24! A plaster?? I never thought of putting a plaster on it haha, does it help conceal? I have to say, it is super obvious esp when wearing thinner material clothes, abit shy sometimes also.. So does anyone here really use a plaster to conceal it? Just curious..

Epidural wise, for those 1st time mummies, they will give u an injection first to numb your nerves before the really big needle goes in.. (according to hubby needle was super big lah, i didnt c, hate needles!).. I didn't want epidural at first but really couldn't tahan the pain so for those with low tolerance for pain, do know that there is such a pain relief option. But just know that there r some poss side effects so if can tahan the pain n go natural that is best
happy.gif

Sorry mummies, can help to explain what is the benefit of signing up for the insurance? Many thanks!!

Liligal, haha your skills good, immediately got a babymoon from ur hubby!

When is the latest we can travel for babymoon ah? Wanna go but hubby busy with work all the way till end May, isit too late then?

cookie,
i never thot of puting plaster on my belly button. scared later skin allergy. just leave as it is.

lili gal,
i just cant stopped lauging when saw ur post. hope ur hubby wont come hitting me! hahah

epidural
i definitely going for 2nd round as most probably will be c-sec again. can't imagine to go thru it again. sucks.. And yes, the after effect for me was body shivering non stop and very cold.

i did not sign up any insurance currently. what insurance are we talking abt? for mommies? or for baby?

Tracy, for prenatal massage, I just booked Ivy Tan (in Sengkang) as recommended by some mommies on FB. My session is next Tuesday!

cookie, i think i tried last time once. not sure why i din do it later. maybe i dun wear thin cotton materials then. hmmm.....

btw, the babymoon is after LONG negotiation. I had a 50% off for club med n have to utilize it before Apr ends. why it's ok it's becos it's in Bintan, so no need to fly and just use ferry. of cos i kept complaining we don't travel as a family etc etc. even normally we dun bring our boy out much to playgrounds cos we lazy and he is abit introvert. i laid out all my points and did a review with him. hahahhaha.... use my professional skills to good use.

i think soulsista mentioned abt 30wks and nd letter from gynae. just a weekend lah... batam or bintan also good right?

cherish, i won't mention you but yeah.. will try on him later this week. need to establish a good story. hahahhaa... he thinks i nag too much recently already so need to space out a bit. hahahhaa... btw, u didn't have itchiness after epidural the next day? good for u! i itched like mad whole body.

kshirin, charges? come to house? i think i'll try the shalom one mentioned here last time.. think was by linggie. paiseh.. i v bad with names & associating with content. :p

upside of the insurance is that it cover pregnancy complications and congenital dieases etc, downside it bind us to an investment-linked plan, which breakover when the child is 15/16...meaning the insurance is for effectively 16 years total. premimum is minimumum 100, 200 or 300 a month. this is for pru first gift, can google for more details.

Back