(2012/06) Jun 2012

Redtea, Fieda,
I guess we will all work out fine with two or three kids.
Stay positive
happy.gif

babiesmeme:

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Big warm hugs to you. Pleasr don't blame yourself. From a medical point of view, it is certainly not due to stress. My gynae, having gone through 2 miscarriages with me, reassured me again and again that it's not something we ate or did that causes us to lose a pregnancy this early. Main 'culprit' is some mismatch between the 2 sets of chromosomes. In fact, she went further to say that the only thing 'external' that can terminate a pregnancy this early is radiation from say, chemotherapy or x-ray. So please don't blame yourself. It really is not your fault at all.

Take all the time you need and want to get through this. Many well-meaning friends and relatives will give you different sorts of comments and advice. Keep an open mind but also be selective of what you hear. The last thing you need is for people around you to make you feel worse about your situation.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk to someone. Always willing to lend a listening ear. Like what many caring and loving mummies advise, take good care of yourself in the meantime and try your best to stay positive. Hugs.

favoured(blessed baby),blessed, fieda: I finally got the encouragement to tell my mum. My mum is so calm and advice to treat it as a "false alarm" and something beyong our control, its not form yet but just that it cannot sycronize. After op just take care take rest and who knows i may get positive in no time. I almost in tears. My mil also advice me not to think too much, my health more important, she will make something for me to "bu" after my op. I came to know in fact i am not alone, and many people in fact telling me its not my fault and that i am not inidrectly "killing" the baby as it is not form and just an imatured embryo. My hub even try to relax by saying both the egg and sperm has "elope". In fact both of us have already prepared for the worst but i just thought there may be miracle. But on second thoughts it better to do d/c where you cannot guarantee if it form will it be healthy is another matter. Perhaps my fate with a second one is not up yet, perhaps god has other plans for me, perhaps we are just not ready.

Babiesmeme

I mc at week 6 due to fetus hb stopped. I was expecting for the worst as I was having spotting for week plus despite with all the hormnes support. Gynae also told me it is not what I have done that causing this. It is chromosomal abnormalities result in miscarriage. So do not blame yourself and stay positive. Meanwhile it is important that you have enough rest and recuperate your body. You will be fertile after d&c but do try at least after 1 AF cycle or as per yr gynae advice. Wish you all the best.

babiesmeme, good to know that both mothers are very supoortive. I know it's very hard not to think abt it. Try to focus on your #1 to recover. Im sure him/her brings you lots of joy.
Wish you a speedy recovery!

Babypom, you are as strong as blessedbaby =)

Hi babiesmeme,

I'm in the same boat with you. I just m/c this monday. All happened quite suddenly. I got up in the morning, and seeing blood and feel menstrual cramp. Immediately go to KKH 24 clinic. And when doctor examine me, she found blood tissue and on the ultrasound scan already can't see anything. So doctor said could be the pregnancy tissue already passed out of my womb. So I lost the baby. I was totally blank when she told me that. That was my 6th week. And i just tested pregnant not even one week before. Doctor did nothing on me, no need D&C only on antibiotic.

Tonnes of questions in my mind.... why? Why? Now i dont know whether my case is a chemical pregnancy, my hormones (lack of progesterone since I didnt take the duphaston pill this time), am I too tired? should i not carry my 2 yo toddler when i already know that I was pregnant? Is that flu that i caught sometime in the mid of Sep and the medicine that I took that time causing it??? I wonder the tissue test will provide me an aswer or not, 100+ bucks paid to do a lab test on the tissue collected.

After miscarriage, what tonic can we take? How to "pu" anyone there can share? I'm 33 so not much time to wait for the 2nd one, and now with this incident really worry my next pregnancy will be harder.

Hi Aixin,

I went to chinese doc 2 weeks after my m/c. Given medicine to "pu". Accupuncture started 1 mth after m/c. Was told to drink a lot of red dates with ginger & longan tea.

As there was no one to look after me, i ordered confinement food delivery. Took lots of chicken essence too as I was very weak.

Hi jun mummies... I used to be in the may mummies thread...today at my gynea ... Was cfm that my bb is week 7 n my due day is delay to 1 jun instead... So come in here to hang around!!!

Babypom, babiesmeme, Aixin- so so sorry ... Be strong, you can try again soon yah!! Hugs

Fieda- is it really you?? Nov 09 mummy!!
happy.gif
now again same!! Going to be Same day again??
happy.gif
I calculated my EDD to be 31st May also but she said maybe 5th June

happy.gif
yes!!

Our 1st babies have same birthday!!

Aixin, actually last month my period was late- for a few days. Then I started spotting and bleeding heavily. My Gynae said maybe I had a m/c but can't be sure, and even so I got pregnant straight after! I think it is very strange and a bit sad but because of this new pregnancy I'm happy. To all mummies who have lost their babies, please be strong!! you have so much support here if you need it.

Thank you to all mummies for the support and concern which is what i needed most. Its hard not to think about it but i have learnt to relax, have an open mind and move on.

Axin: i got my first one when i was 36 and now i already 38. YOu only 33, dont give up hope.

Hi all, I just took a test but got a very faint line. It was the same case for my #1 and I needed to take 3 times to confirm. Now I'm just waiting for another 2 days or so to test again.

However I am starting to be very sensitive about smells, such as meatball and red bull. Feel nauseated also. I took some gastric medicine two or three days ago. I told my gp that I just started trying but can't remember my last period. So I'm either four weeks plus or five weeks if positive.

Hopefully it's good news. I haven't told my husband yet coz I want to confirm first.

Hi all mummies,

I'm new here. Just confirmed my pregnancy with my gynae yesterday, currently at 5 weeks + and only the sac.

It's my first pregnancy so can anyone advise on the suitable food to eat?

Read the stories on top make me worried about my child but I believe we will have our child at the right time. Do no gve up hope although I know its disheartening.

Hi dadawaii, congrats! Know your edd yet?

For food, I think just take things in moderation. Have gradual weight gain according to your current weight.
Avoid caffeine. I need to find my pregnancy books before I can advise you further. Our tastebuds would probably constantly change. I say eat whatever you can.

Hi Dreamy gal, Gem & Babiememe,

Thanks a lot for your encouragement.
Just had a mini confinement this weekend, my mum in law cooked the red wine chicken. Feeling so sad when i'm eating it, how i wish i'm eating those food after giivng birth, but really thankful for her to cook for me.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each
- Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym @ $15
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen, thanks!
happy.gif

yup, 12-06-12. quite a nice number. lol.

currently im eating whatever i eat usually except bubble tea. used to like to alot before im pregnant.

Hi Aixin,
just wonder how the d/c procedure like....my mil wanted to come to my house to cook for me but my hub stop her cos she is already 70, not very convenient for her, we will worry instead. I guess i will just stew some tonic chicken in slow cooker, cook some red datesand longan tea, drink some DOM or cook some sesame chicken .... how long is your hospitalisation leave ?

Hi babiesmeme and Aixin, please take care of yourself, and all the best when you try again.

dadawaii: yup, nice number. regarding bubble tea, I didn't have problem with it until I started drinking last week. Ended up with gastric problem and nausea.

Hi all,
Tmr should be my 5th week and I don't have any ms.

Is it ok?

I have a healthy baby born in 2008 and got pregnant again but ended in a miscarriage in 2009.

So now I am worried about not producing enough hormones. Prior to knowing this, I pre-booked a trip to Gold Coast. Told my gynae and he says it is fine to go. Don't need to cancel.

Any advice?

hugz to all the ladies who fought bravely for the pregnancies.. as i read, i feel deeply as i've never known that having a baby was this tough until now...

i'm waiting anxiously for sat to arrive so i can do U/S.
for #1, i found out late.. so by the time i went to the gynae, i was already 7-8wks and I can see sac via V/US.
this time, #2, i tested early.. so i can't see anything other than a space - quoted by my gynae.. so i'm very worried.. he gave me a jab on 8th so 22nd we can see if the baby is there.
by 1 thing i was feeling uneasy was the thing he said b4 i left the room..
he said by 22nd we shld be tell if i'm really pregnant or it's just a chemical pregnancy...

i've been getting food cravings of spicy & sourish foods. hate my usual chocs and ice cream. bitter taste in my mouth, upper back pain, painful boobs, nausea feeling all the time, vomiting occasionally..

i pray it's a real baby growing in me...

Hi Babiememe,
I dont have D&C because all pregnancy tissue already not there when the doctor see me.

so my case is just natural miscarriage. No operation. But my mil still said need to "pu"

Hi petrina, just relax. My first one was from a super late ovulation and it was five weeks then. My gynae thought my baby wasn't growing well, so gave me dupastron or something, and I got so worried over nothing when I went back a week later.

I just called my gynae today. Need to wait until 31st for my appointment!! What a long wait. Told my husband last night when we were going to bed but he didn't have much reaction.

hi petrina , what does it mean by space? what's the difference between it and the sac? my doctor din say anything about it, gave me vitamins and asked me to come back 2 weeks later, which is next sat.

sometimes i will tend to be worried about my pregnancy.. hope its doing well. will tend to talk to it before I go to bed though I know he cannot hear yet.. haha

And the rest, what does D/C stands for? I know what it means though..

Babiesmeme, take care. Do a mini confinement to build up your health. They say try after 3 months if you wish to have another.

Petrina, don't worry as you are really early in your preganancy. Things will be fine.

Merydith, it should be fine to fly since its a holiday trip. Do take things easy and don't walk too much. I travelled on my first trimester previously too and had spotting as I was shopping in BKK. But everything was fine. Seek advise from your gynae to see if its ok to fly.

I am also anxiously waiting for my visit to gynae this weekend. I need to travel for work next month too. HIaz...

Merydith: I will have to take a short trip to an island for work next month. Also wondering how it would be when I have to take the ferry ride. Had super bad sea sickness once.

hi all, came across this thread and decided to drop by.
i am supposed to be in my week 8, if counting from last menses. went to see my gynae last saturday, but he saw nothing but the water bag. he measured the water bag and determined that it's around 6 weeks. he asked if my menses is regular (which is yes), and if i had bleedin or cramp (which is no). then he just dismissed it as OK and asked me to see him 2 weeks later.

i read posts by some mommies here, seems like their gynae do more checks, test HCG level, etc. such a big contrast.

it's my no2 btw. ms and sensitive nose are not as bad as the first 1. that's why i got little worried. but i guess i just leave it to fate. nothing can be done anyway

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I have been a silent reader of this thread : )

I am six weeks into the pregnancy and I just went to see a gynae yesterday. However, the gynae told me that the ultrascan only shows the pregnancy sac and water bag. At six weeks, the gynae says that he should be able to see the baby, which did not show up in the scan and the scan shows that the sac is smaller and it looks like it is just 4 weeks. So he told me that the pregnancy might not go well for me (and after more probing he says that it means that i might mis-carry).

Does anyone have a similar experience? My next appointment is two weeks later and I will have to suffer in agony for two weeks before the next scan, it's upsetting
sad.gif

Summer: Welcome to the thread. I had that experience before. Was really worried, and I broke down at work when my colleague just asked a casual question why I was absent yesterday.
Turned out it is just a late ovulation by 2 to 3 weeks.

Did he give you any medication?

Hi brigite97, welcome to the thread. guess you and summer have the same issue. I think it's quite common.

Hello glass, thanks for your reply! The doctor was quite pessimistic (in my opinion), he just asked me not to announce the pregnancy and to expect the worst
sad.gif
made me cry the whole of yesterday and I couldn't put my mind at ease.

So after 2 - 3 weeks, your little one showed up on the scan? I think all the little ones like to play the hiding game! He gave me some hormone pill (starting with U i forgot the exact name) and folic acid and asked me to come back 2 weeks later! I am suffering in agony & anticipation!
sad.gif

Summer, yr gynae is one of a kind leh

Since the sac shows is just 4 weeks, it is probably still early to see more. Be positive and you will see yr bb in 2 weeks time
happy.gif

summer: if you don't like your gynae, why not change to a new one. a good one should be able to assure the patient.

<font color="0077aa">mummies, i've been mia for a while as now suffering from morning (or rather whole day) sickness.
sad.gif

sorry to hear abt a few mummies' losses of their beloved babies. rest well and believe you will conceive again soon.

and welcome to the new mummies here. unless u keep track of ur ovluation, dun be too affected by the dates. stay positive.</font>

Hello Cleoprata,

You are going through same thing as me? Yes I can totally understand how you are feeling! It's so torturing to wait for 2 weeks and the 2 weeks seem especially long!
sad.gif

How many weeks are you in your pregnancy?
happy.gif

Hello Glass,

I was telling my hubby that I might consider changing gynae cos I think the gynae is little too harsh on first time mommy to be
sad.gif
I would appreciate a more "gentle" gynae else my 40 weeks will be very difficult to bear and I will be going home with fear everytime! Any recommendation?
happy.gif

Hello Glass, yes it's my first child. Been longing for the longest time and so looking forward.

Summer, yes TORTURE man!! When i visit my gynae, she couldn't confirm the week im in. Should be in my 6th week but scan seems like i'm only in my 4th. So ask me come back again 2 weeks later..and she didn't give me a very positive comment.. =((

Hi summer, dun worry too much ok ... Look on the bright side... I m also first time mom... During my first visit to my gynea she jus tell me my sac is ok n attached properly ... Then she jus tell mi come back in 2 weeks time then if we can hear heartbeat means everything good...By right I should be in week 7 n should hear heartbeat n see bb already ... But never... I was so overwhelm by everything till I can 4get to set appt and left the clinic hahaha... Then 2 week later I went back to my clinic n I hear bb heartbeat n finally see bb n bb at week 7 only instead of sac.. Only then my gynea tell mi that my bb is at 7 weeks that y the first appointment cannot hear anything... It turn out to be late ovulation ... Now I m happily at week 7 now Hahahaha

So my thots is change gynea if u r not comfortable with him thru this incident I decide to stay with my current gynea even she may be abit out of budget for mi... Jus my 1 cents worth of post hahaha

Hi summer, perhaps you can decide on where to deliver and then choose a gynae that goes there to deliver.
Hi Cleopatra, glad to see your efforts paid off finally.

hi ladies, seems that most have the same issue of going to gynae too early.. hope all the lil ones show up on schedule on next appt!

cramping more these days.. i hope my hcg is shooting through the roof
happy.gif

I'm entering my 7th week with my 3rd child. This Sat will be my first Gynae Visit.
I've scheduled this visit this late as i had a failed preg 2 yrs back. It ended with only a visible sac at a 2nd visit on the 8th week.
That's also the reason why i've fixed the appointment at the 7th week.
I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and not to feel overwhemled at this moment...

Thanks for all the advise : ) really feel much better after seeing all the positive comments! I think it is so important to find support is fellow mommies as I am the first amongst my peers to be pregnant, I have no one to turn to
sad.gif

I will look into changing my gynae too! He doesnt 'connect' with me
sad.gif

Cleoprata: Yes the doctor told me the same thing! he says I am in my six weeks but the scan shows 4 weeks as the sac is smaller than what it should be. I think we are going through the same thing!

tlisa,

I hope all will be fine.
Where are you travelling to?

glass, oh try to pop some candy in your mouth during the ferry ride.

I cant wait to see my gynae too! I hope my HCG is increasing because I don't have nausea.. Had a miscarriage before. Baby no heartbeat but I didn't bleed out because my HCG is high. End up doc give me choice to wait 2 weeks for the natural miscarriage...So I guess I have phobia.

If anyone keen in getting a confinement lady, I'm glad to recommend mine.

I'm currently still having confinement.
So u can see her face to face.

Keen, do pm me.

Back