(2012/05) May 2012

Phyllis: the first thermometer I got was Cadi. It didn't work well so end up buying Braun.

Dolly: since in HK just eat lah. Come bk then diet again.
happy.gif
but honestly facing the kids and taking care of them 24/7 is tiring. So considered working out too. :S

Can i ask if those SkipHop zoo backpack is suitable for a Pri3 kid to carry? Ie the bag's overall size is suitable? I'm thiking to order one as birthday gift but notice the models photos are all toddlers or 4/5yr olds. But the backpack looks bulky on them so not sure a Pri 3 kid of ave size/height is suitable? The BP here is cheap, although made in china but looks as good as authentic!

Any mummy ever experience baby got allergy? This week i started baby with porridge with pork (before that was with sweet potatoe/pumpkin). Then my baby started to have small red dots appearing all over his body. I thot port porridge is common, never expect a reaction! hope this is temporary.

Today i let him try porridge with chicken breast instead.

Anyone can share if yr baby also had reaction to pork?

Faaa: yes, food are terrific here! Haha, I ate so much and so often!
Facing the kids 24/7 really not easy, need extra patience!
But it's good bonding time!

satdonyx, are u referring to the part where we put water? Yes, mine will have a metallic stain. Use white vinegar to brush it few times and steam it, will come off.

Holiday going to end tomorrow! Haha going back to reality soon!
My gal has some mosquito bites in HK! And it's on her face! I hope it doesn't leave any mark after that!

Dolly, can apply some BM in the bites? I read somewhere BM heals almost anything.

When are you going bk to work? Not easy to face reality after being away for so long

FAAA: Yeah, took a rest to wash the clothes n did unpacking
happy.gif

Hubby going to work this Sat, overnight soe more, now tinking what to do. Maybe buy some bread for dinner .. haha

BTW, heard got Clarks warehouse sale this Sat n Sun at Tampines SAFRA!

Dear Mummies,

Selling brand new unopened Similac Stage 2 Infant Formulae Milk Powder. All bought from NTUC or Cold Storage.

Reason for selling:
My gal is allergic to cow milk protein, hence has switched to Isomil now.

900g (x4) - $42 each
Expiry: July 2014

400g (x1) - $18
Expiry: May 2014

Collection: My place at Woodlands Drive 75

Contact me @ 81271867 if keen.

Hi Dolly
My boy too not crawling yet. He just somehow drags himself out of the mat often. Ppl told me some babies doesn't crawl just drag themselves around and then walk. Skip the crawling part.

Groundpepper, my #1 at least crawl a little bit before dragging to walk, but #2 never crawl. She has been practising stand up for the past 2 nights when I wanna sleep. If she's next to the cot, she pulls herself up and hold tight to the railing, keep shaking for 10min or so, I got to peel her fingers away from the railing. Then when I place her next to me, I got to lie flat cos she will use me and try to stand. She keep trying and falling down. This can last for more than one hour until I so tired!

My boy was put on walker last week, then after a week he learnt to walk n make turns. So excited to hold their little hands when they learn to walk..

dolly: your gal has very good stamina stand for such a long time.

Walker: I am not sure if i should buy my boy a walker. I'm really afraid that he's roaming around the house freely. but everyone in the family asking me to buy him one.

Rabbitz: which brand of walker your boy is using? I am still looking around see mostly only lucky baby brand.

Ck: my boy crawl a bit, but my gal still can't crawl. Haha but some how she moves ard from one point to another

Ground pepper: I bought 2 second hand walkers from the WTS thread, one put at nanny place. I find walker can confine them easier, wont be able to pick things from floor, can't open cupboard and u roughly know where they are. They can't fall down when inside walker too
My gal is excited, and will roll ard to look for things to support herself

Rabbitz: my gal dun like walker much, she prefer to be on the floor

Taka sale fri to sun, 10% store wide for taka card holder!

Huggies sale at shop n save, total protection 2 for $25.9

Hi mummies, today first time my gal pulled herself up and stand in the playpen. She doesn't crawl very well but dray herself around very fast too. She wants to stand and walk like her brother.

Dear mummy, I have few thing would like to let go as below,
1. Medela purela 100 nipple cream 37g -- $15
2. Avent Disposable Breast Pad (2x more absorbent) 30 day pads with free 2 night pads (2 boxes) -- $5
3. Tommee tippee 50 Disposable breast pads --$7
4. Lansinoh 25 Breast Milk Storage Bags -- $8
Pick up point at Yew Tee MRT, Somerset MRT, Woodland MRT and Choa Chu Kang MRT. Pls pm me if interested.

Thank you and enjoy motherhood!

FAAA: congrats! Now she might be excited like my gal too! Mine no longer doze off after latching at night, instead, she will wait for brief seconds then start to flip! Once she flipped successfully she will find things (eg, mummy ) to pull herself up, keep bouncing and butt about for the next hour or so. Then she tired she latch and the cycle continues! I was watching her at 1am last night, once again she flipped.... Luckily as she push herself up she fall asleep at last. *phew*

Went to taka sale today, and found that I'm down another size ( the last time I bought clothes was still in the midst of TRA program) however, can't get something that's good for cny and yet can nurse at the same time. What's more now my size getting more common so can't fit into those XXL items which are on sale. But I guess this is a happy encounter
happy.gif

Dolly: congrats on your TRA program. The feeling of wearing smaller sizes must be so good.

Now it's so difficult to make my girl sleep. Put her beside me she will be so busy flipping. Put her on her bed she will try to stand. Now she no longer want to latch to sleep always struggling. Haiz. So tiring

stopped BF coming 2 mths and weight shot up 2kg. Sigh. Now everytime i want to eat choc, ice-cream or bubble tea have to think twice.

FAAA: Haha, yeah, unlike u who lose weight during pregnancy, mine just pile on top of the old weight.

Better not complain about my gal liao! She was down w fever since yesterday, now no strength to pull herself up liao! Went to see PD today, hope she get well soon, sent her urine sample for testing, no call from clinic yet so hopefully just due to sore throat.

rabbitz: better think before taking in all that fattening stuff! Beware! CNY is coming!

i've joined the FB. Hope it will be back-dated else lugi at least $5k! (3k Medisave + 2k BB bonus).

I briefly saw the summary chart, it says infant/childcare subsidy up to $54k? So much meh? Even after govt subsidy, infant care still have to pay about $900 cash ( fee $1500-600). In the end i chose to get a domestic helper and get my household chores covered too at the same price.

Btw those who had got maids, can i know if employers should/usually provide toiletries for the maids or they have to use own salary to buy? I provided first set of toiletries for maid but duno if will be mean to ask her buy her own since not too expensive and i didnt want her to have expectation that employer will provide her all her needs. I already gave her new wallet, pouch, bag, water bottle etc.

I also joined the FB page.

Rabbitz: I used to buy toiletries for my maids too. Just to make them happy anyway doesn't cost alot. I got a new helper last week. Nowadays maids' salaries so high yet no quality. Haiz

Dolly: how is your gal? Fever subside? Since I started work in Nov I also put on weight. Haha

FAAA: My gal has higher fever last night! Dr called to inform me that the urine test show she has UTI.

Is is a trend that everyone gain weight after starting work? Why? Does it mean that taking care of baby full time got sliming effect?
happy.gif

Yingzz: Thanks for the note! I'll join the FB page
happy.gif

rabbitz: those infant care got the gov subsidies in mind when they set their prices... so no matter how much gov is subsidizing, the parents still have to pay about the same amount :p

Rabbitz: forgot to include. I only buy toiletries and maybe 2 sets of clothing for CNY. What u give like wallet, pouch etc is unnecessary unless u have no need for it.

Dolly: so your gal have to be on antibiotics now? I guess regular and heavy lunches plus sitting in the office = weight gain. Sometimes when I'm restless or tired I tend to snack too. How not to put on weight? Hee

FAAA: My gal developed red spots, so its roseola, however, her urine test also show high white blood cell counts, so still on antibiotics

She has been very cranky these few days

What cause the roseola? Must be tired for you.. Cranky baby can be quite a nightmare

My son now always cranky and throw tantrums for no reason. Don't want to sleep at night. Can't wake up in the morning. Always scream and cry

Can anyone recommend nice and good Baby Rice Cereal? Tried NEstle and Organix, baby didnt like. Is Happy Bellies or the Moon Rabbit good? I read these are popular. My baby very fussy.

FAAA: roseola is viral infection, dunno how she gets it though.

Now my gal can half crawl now, and she still loves to hold on to the cot or the wall for an hour or more before she finally sleeps. But yeah, at least no more fever. Last week so scarry, fever above 40 middle of the night, we bathed her twice in the same night

Hi

I have few tins of Friso Gold Step 2 (old packaging)to let go as my child has outgrown.
Expiry date: May 2014.
$55 per tin.
Can arrange for delivery.
Let me know asap. PM.

Thanks

Do u cook porridge with Ikan Bilis? My mum heard her fellow grandma frens saying they cook that for their grandchild, but i'm just thinking Ikan Bilis is salty and supposed babies cannot take sugar n salt right?

Dear mummies
R u too busy at home n hv no time to go shopping? Why not do online shopping.. I do sell cute bb clothings & products from Fisher price, Lamaze products in facebook with great prices.. . Come on in to my fb n shop now.. Is always good to hv another choice to shop.. The reason i create this page as am a twin mummies and know tt saving is very impt for us especially standard living so high now..
Visit www.facebook.com/precioustotcloset today...or search for Precious Tots Closet (bear icon) fr facebook to find out more.

Hi hi,

Mine is a may baby boy.
I started porridge at 6 months cos he dont like to drink milk.
He seems enjoying taking soilds. So far he tried broccoli, spinach, cod fish, silver fish, salmon, threadfin, carrot, potato, beeroot, pumpkin, chicken n pork.

Normally, i blend then cook inside the porridge.
Btr dont blend the porridge cos it will intro wind into it not good for the bb.

Rabbitz,

I only started ikan billis when my elder one turns 1. Currently i will either chicken or pork stock to cook their porridge.

Back