(2012/05) May 2012

can we buy playpen mattress online that offers free delivery service? i need to replace the playpen mattress to 4 inches. baby is on the crawling stage already, can't leave him on the bed anymore.

zp1503,

my girl is also down with flu at 3.5mths, was prescribed various meds including antibiotics and nasal spray ... the meds really helped a lot, can see the difference even though today is the first day she is taking them.

didnt get any meds too when I went to KKH, only when I went to a private PD that my girl was given meds.

sardonyx: If u stay at punggol, can try the bb shop at punggol plaza, they can customize the size to suit your needs. Remember they provide delivery too

Yumii
Your PD gave antibiotics? Isn't it too early? I also feel like bringing her to another PD but scared keep changing doc is not good for her. So now can only give her nasal spray.

zp: when my boy fell sick with flu and cough with alot of mucus, the pd put a tube into his nose and throat to clear the mucus. It was painful and he screamed but after that he got a lot better and can breathe..

Pd didnt give antibiotics though, he said too young..so gave ventolin, nasal drop and spray..it will take a while to clear up, so perhaps you monitor first..

I didn't ask about the antibiotics, but I was worried about it being too early too, so I actually didn't start her on the course. Just taking the other meds, ventolin, nasal drops and another 2 more for phlegm and sinus.

littledotty, how long did it take to clear up for your boy?

Hi Mummies, haven't logged in awhile.

Dolly - think I missed the bp for writing materials. My son is very enthusiastic on writing and colouring now. He's also learning to write his name.

My girl caught the flu before at 6 weeks old. Very poor thing and pd remove the mucus using the tube thru the nose. Not a very good sight and the piercing cry made my heart ache.
sad.gif

Has anyone ever experienced that milk cannot flow out freely? Normally I pump every 6hrs (4pm and 10pm). Usually I get min 120ml but this afternoon the milk don't flow out. Is it possible that we can dry up overnight?

I don't think milk will drop significantly overnight, i imagine it happens gradually as we stretch longer. Is yr breast full ie as big as usual? I suspect u may be having blocked ducts. This was what happened to me before. Pump n pump but milk can't flow, that was after I overslept and din wake up to pump. I done massage, hot compress etc nothing works. I had to see LC and she does hand express for me and alas! Milk flowed and she expressed out 2 full Medela small bottles. After that I pump every 2 hourly instead of 3 to continue prevent blockage. After everything back to normal i then pumped at usual 3 hourly. Now I pump 4 -5 hourly.

thanks dolly! punggol is too far and i'm looking at online stores if possible.

today, i had brown spotting. it's only CD 13, after my 2nd mens since i gave birth. is this normal?

Hi faaa, u wan the customized one is it? Wan me to help asking if she can still squeeze the order?

Do u have lumps on your breast? Try pressing them towards the nipple during pumping session. It will be gone one by one. Also take lecithin will help

My supply hovers around 160 ml to 200ml, and usually it's better on Monday after I fully latch her whole day on weekends.

Dolly, nowadays my breasts dont feel so full and hard anymore. On a good day, if I pump every 6 hrs I can get between 150-180ml but today only 80ml!! I din do the 10pm pump cos baby latch on twice cos edgy and couldn't sleep well. I don't have lumps either. :S

Btw what is lecithin for?

For mummies who are on ebm, how much is your baby drinking now per day? My boy who is 4 months 1 wk old is taking around 180-200ml per feed on 4 hourly basis. So a total of 5 feeds a day. He don't drink from 12am to 9am. So wondering if his intake is sufficient. Not on solid food yet.

Dolly, since you latch whole day on weekends, where u get the daytime supply for Monday while at work? How is your pumping session during a workday?
Am starting work soon & would like to know how the other mommies are coping... Tks!

FAAA: u can still pm her for order, but need to be fast
happy.gif

Maybe u let baby latch more to increase supply?

Missfreedom: my gal 4mth 3wk old, weigh ard 7kg. Last latch at 7am then go nanny place till 730. She drinks 4x90ml there

Shawnjas: I start building supply when baby ard 2 mth old. So there's around 20x90ml around by the time I start work. And first day of work I had decrease in supply, but catch up soon though. Pump 2x in office. Morning between 930 to 11, afternoon 330 to 430. Depend on work n baby latch latch Each time pump 15min at most, using dual pump

Dolly, each pump session in 15mins you can get how much?
So on Monday day feed, u use frozen breastmilk?
At home during workdays, u don't pump at home at all? What if Bb slp longer or missed a feed, don't u feel full or will it affect supply?

FAAA, do u feel stressed recently in going back to work? Maybe it affects your supply... I still have few more weeks to go but I already feel stressed & having mood swings.... Sigh....

Dolly, can send the link to the bp?

My gal at 3 months 2 weeks still drinking 120ml. Exactly from when she turned 1 month old. No increase in intake.

My frozen packs of BM are all packed in 150ml. Can I say defrost 2 packs and feed in 3 x 100ml?

I give my girl 130ml each feed every 2-3 hours but she always never finishes. Normally drink about 110ml only. She is only 5.2kg, at 16 weeks but I think she's okay. At last PD visit at polyclinic doctor says she's growing well so I'm not worried. I look at the chart in the health booklet, she is almost exactly on the mid-point for her age.

I just went back to work on Monday. At home I use dual pump, at work I use single pump as it's more portable. It's taking double the time. Supply not affected as I didn't decrease the number of pumps a day. Still 6 a day. I get an average of 160ml each time, except for the early morning one after the whole night never pump, I will get about 300+ml. More than enough to feed my girl and freeze some every day.

shawnjas: Pump 15min get around 160 - 230ml... haha, I just hit the 230 ml mark today only! Dunno why, yesterday pump only 160ml, today 230ml, around the same afternoon time.
I always freeze my bm, so that it's easier to take from office back home.
My gal will wan a feed around 8pm+ without fail, then she drink almost hourly till midnight, so won't feel full lah

Hi FAAA, you dun accept PM! You can send email directly [email protected]
the link is http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/7489814.html?1346843425

Defroze: My nanny will put 4x90ml bottles out in the chiller compartment the night before, then the next day all defroze liao. So FAAA can put 150x3 everynight?

My progress: This is the 3rd week, I can wear 2 pieces of dress which I couldn't previously
happy.gif
hahaha

Congrats Dolly!! Looks like the program working well. Do u follow special diet or u eat anything u like?

I shd have froze the milk in 120ml but thought that intake would have increased but no still the same at 120ml.

Already missing my baby. Back to work tmr. How did u feel first few days bk to work

Dolly: Thanks for sharing! Seems your schedule looks good but everyday pump twice at work is sufficient to build up your stash for day feeds?

FAAA: think when we busy at work, time will pass faster....
We must trust the caregiver then maybe can reduce our missing for Bb...

Shawnjas - the problem us I don't trust my maid but luckily my hubby works from home and he can keep an eye. But then it's tough for me.

My first day was kinda messsy trying to adapt to new schedule. No time to miss baby lah!

I built the stash before starting work lah
happy.gif

Im also gg back work on Monday. Totally Sian to the max. Also worried on drop in supply as I need to be out of office for my.job.

Dolly: u on TRA? Can share with me? Is this ok during.bf? Still got last 3 kg to go. Sian.

My last pump about 11-12. Then if I'm working in the morning (I work shift), I will expresd at 6am. If not, then I will wait until girl wakes up, around 7am, then wake up together and express while my hubby feeds her. I've given up on latching as she doesn't want to. It's quite difficult also since I've started working and my shift timings not the same everyday.

The rest of the day I will express around 10am, 2pm, 5.30pm and 8.30pm, regardless of my shift hours. Except for days when I work the night shift (start at 11pm finish at 8am), where I will last pump at 9.30pm then next pump at 2 or 3am. Then I'll wait until I go home from work to pump at around 9am. Then adjust the next few pumps accordingly. Whatever the case, I will express 6 times a day so my supply is still maintained.

It is quite inconvenient for me to express at work so I'm planning to stop after baby reaches 6 months. After will rely on frozen milk until those finishes.

Kudos to all mommies!!! It's really our determination that we are Breastfeeding as long as we can for our babies...

I have just started pumping this week & stressed in the amt expressed... I will work hard to get the hang of it!!!

Shawnjas - no need to worry. Feed as long as you can. I have been supplementing with 1 bottle of formula milk since baby was 1 week old. Even if its down to 1 bottle of BM per day its still better than nothing.

For my elder son, i started supplementing with FM since he was 2 weeks old and kept it that week until he turns 7 months.

FAAA, thanks for the encouragement....
Yes, my hubby also says the same to me... But I cannot pass myself cos my elder son I tbf him for 8mths...
Maybe age & stress level has increased...

I will try my Best!!!
happy.gif

Anyone has a maid now or planning to get one? Any feedback on myanmmar maids? I duno how true but frens say for baby, phil is preferred as Indo n myanmmar maids are not good with English and not as smart. If with toddlers or kids ok, not with baby. My parents will be main caregiver though, maid pri role is take care housework. Any agency to recommend? I need one by this year. My baby not going infant care Liao, phew.

shawnjas: Dun stress yourself! Just tell yourself that it's OK, at most supplement FM, baby will still grow and they will forget they ever breastfeed... like my 3yo! hahaha

Marilyn, FAAA: Regarding breast pads, Use disposable only on weekends cos my gal suck one at a time so the other breast might leak.
I use the moulded cup during work days because pumping schedule is fix and I use dual pump so my breast won't leak much. However, I'll carry along a pair of disposable just in case I need to stay late or go client place. Then just go toilet and change to the disposable ones. I did that for #1 and now for #2 too, save a lot of $$$ and be environment friendly too. I just replenish some new ones from China Town. They sell $3.5 a pair, and when I indicated I want 3 pairs, price auto reduced to $3 a pair. So cute! If you buy, choose the seamless ones so that it's not visible from outside. Those breast pad from TollyJoy, NUK, Pigeon..etc all just think pieces of clothes, I only use them at home when nobody sees them.

AK: yeah, I'm on TRA for a few weeks, heard some mummies say must lose before 6 month up, so I panic! hahaha
But then u only have 3kg to lose, then it's ok lah. I've combined my 2 pregnancies and target to lose more than 15kg. Hopefully can go below 60kg lah!
BTW, my gal on TBF. PM me if you are interested.

FAAA: TRA includes supplements, drinks, cream and my consultant guide me along on wat to eat. No need to count calories, no need exercise but I do start taking staircase (4 storey) up in office. I've high cholesterol and lots of excess fat to begin with
happy.gif
so yeah, lots of room for improvement!
The good thing about TRA is it targets visceral fat (those around your organ) and not water. In fact I drank much more water in office, more than 2L per day.

Dolly if your girl only sucks one breasts at a time during the weekends don't you feel very full for other breast? I'm thinking of fully latching on for weekends since I'm back to work now. I normally feed FM when we go out.

This week my gal back to latching on to fall asleep.

FAAA: My gal love to latch, so in fact wont feel full at all... kinda dry me out ...haha that's how my supply increases on Monday?

I think my milk will not last long. Tried to express this morning before work. Only managed 50ml cos baby latch earlier. Did a pump at 2pm got 130ml. Came home pump at 7pm only 110ml which I fed her immediately. She latch at 9plus so not going to pump tonight.

At this rate, with my frozen supply will prob last another month or less. And she's already taking 1 bottle of FM per day

FAAA: Not sure about yours, but for me, I need the actual latching action to establish supply. Just by pumping my supply will drop, that's also why I dun pump on weekends, need to get back my supply again.

rabbitz: I have just gotttne a maid, she has been with me for a week..Personally take, I think phil is better than Indo. When my family had a mynamar maid about two years ago, it was a nightmare..Phil can speak good english and this one which I hv is really good with my baby..

I can intro the agency to you but not very keen coz her agent fees just went up, from 288 to 588 now..and if you hv been reading about the phil org asking for compliance to higher salary, you might want to get one soon before it is implemented..

Can I know what's pampers swim pants? Diapers to wear while swimming? But go into pool all wet, how it supposed to absorb urine? Sorry I don't get it.

Dolly- I din pump at all today. Latch her abt 3 hourly. Will continue tomorrow and see the pump supply on monday when
I pump at work. Keeping fingers crossed that supply will go up

I recently noticed that my boy's rib cage is showing and one side seems more protruded than another. His tummy seems smaller too, the diapers becomes loose when he sucks in his stomach. He's taking about 900ml ebm daily, 150ml every 4hrs. I'm thinking of various reasons, maybe the fats got stuck to the milk bottle when I refrigerate it so he has been drinking "skim" milk, maybe he has high metabolism as he does perspire and pass motion a lot, maybe the Yaolan is affecting hs spinal development. He's also having a skin rash near his mouth and parts of his body. I'm actually quite worried and plan to see a pd soon. He doesnt seem to be in any discomfort though... Any mummies has similar experience?

Esteelin - I did read that prolonged use of yaolan and sarong does affect spinal development so maybe u shorten his time for the yaolan. Regarding the unevenness of his rib cage u could bring it up to your pd during your next visit for vaccination.

Skin rash could be due to heat. Just bathe him in 金银花 about 2x will do

Back