(2012/05) May 2012

Hi wu py,

I'm using avert manual pump borrow frm my fren as my pump ameda dual motor spoil and send for repair..
I count frm my start time every 3-4 hrs I will express out if I feel v full on my breast then I will pump out min.is 3 hrs and max is 4 hrs I will feel v full already.. If u feel yr breast soft that means no milk le..
My breast express milk for first 10 mins then stop for 5 mins then gt milk again..so o take about half hour to express 70-80ml both side.yr 30-40ml is one side or both??

hi fellow mums,
did u get the magazine that comes in the free bag that the hospital gives you when you discharge? what is it called? i'm looking for it...

Any mommies facing the same problem as me? My bb just wan to be cuddled so long he's awake. If I put him on the bed, the cot or bouncer. He will cry and cry till I carry him. Any mommies know how to solve this problem of mine? It's so tiring to carry him all the time.

Freedom, my bb wants to be carried b4 sleep..I have to put her down very carefully..sometimes she wakes up & start 'boxing' again & I have to carry her make her sleep again..

Juski, my bb no longer want to be swaddled.
Wu py, my bb is like that too. Have to be extra careful when putting him into the cot. Lately my nanny has a new method of feeding my bb. She will feed him the bottle while he's in the cot.

Freedom, same with me. My Bb likes to be carry n cuddle till slp. Guess is common among all Bb. Mayb they feel insecure. Besides not wanting to be swaddle, my 2 week old Bb likes to slp on her side Liao.

Re: pumping
I play cheat at times, if I tired, I will drag till 4 hrs. If not, I will do it like 2 hr plus. Think just have to keep pumpin n pumping. So far only Drank one time of the papaya fish soup. I think a gd alternative would be having at least fish for a meal. That helps as well. My initial supply is 60ml combined, now coming to 200ml combined.

Let's jia you!

Py n kitty: I Delivered on 22 may. Yes, the milk supply just increased gradually, and I wasn't on any supplement. But of course not every pump is 200ml, cos I m not pumping diligently. Drink more longan tea, it helps too ;)

Hi Ak
Did you switch bet latching and pumping or exclusive pumping?
These 2 days I have pumping as bb has been sleeping longer and I have to pump to prevent leaking (bet 2plus - 3 hrs). Read tt only latching will help to increase ss; true?

Regarding reheating of milk, my bb likes her milk warm, but sometimes she takes too long to finish her milk and in the middle of a feed, her milk has already gone cold, just to check if I can just reheat it in a bowl of warm water? It shouldnt be a problem since I'm feeding it to her immediately?

Regarding BFing,
my bb is now 2+ weeks and I am pumping 200-350ml per pump, although it's usually in the low 200s. Not pumping at regular 3 hrs coz I'm too tired and I usually go 6-8 hrs without pumping at night. Also taking Fenugreek and another milk production supplement given to me when I was at KKH.

I latch a couple of times a day, especially on the side that has a lower supply and I do find that it does help my supply on that side. Other than that, I'm mostly expressing since my nipples can't survive both latching and pumping.

yumii - it's okay to reheat in warm water, as long as you feed your bb the milk within an hour from the time you first took it out from the fridge

Wah! Very jealous your gal have this much of quantity of milk. My bb come out at 17 May. Now is week 3, I only have 70ml combined both breast with 3 hours interval. I will keep pumping, won't give up!
happy.gif
cheer to all low milk mummy!
My gal have diaper rash which is red rashes at anus area.
I do use nappy rash cream (brand pureen, pink tube) for each change of diaper but it's looks like failed to prevent it happen.
sad.gif

My gal alway cry very hard for each time she poo
sad.gif

Any recommend for nappy rash cream?
Thank u!

Chai: Try desitin blue packaging, so far so gd for my gal. Which diaper brand u using? I'm using pampers & Mamy poko.

My 8 wks old gal also like to be carried! So tiring. After bb sleep, dun put down immed. Must carry for another 20mins then they in deeper sleep. So by then put down usually they can continue sleeping. My gal likes to sleep in living room, maybe she dun like aircon. Also, Felt like a thief at hm. Wanna shower also must finish in super speed.

Newborn babies enjoyed being cuddled or carry especially by us mothers because they are attached to our body scent. But this phase should pass when they get older, abt 2mths or so.

Yummi, no prob to reheat juz finish within 2 hr will be ok..

Chai, wow ye supply so good..envy u..
For diaper rush use destin blue or purple one is v effective..many mummies use it..

Mama gene,

I use to breast feed but now bottle feed..cos I latch on for 1 hour both side and same as u bb will hungry 1 hour later so I will top up a little milk using bottle feed..Maybe u can try spoon feed if yr bb have prob bottle feed..

Hi can i check with mummies who deliver at thomson..do u hv the sweetest moment Incentive Card given to u?? I'm planing to order cake from them..but I deliver at mt A Duno. If the card is transferrable if mummies do not wish to order stuff frm them can gv me the card? Willing to pay for the postage..and thanks for yr kindness

Chai, desitin is good. You may like to give tat a try. I am changing diapers almost every hour and at times, more than once an hr. nappy cream and diapers are using up fast.
Hi mommies, do you wake your bb up for milk in the middle of night if is more than 3 hours? Or you will feed when bb starts to cry for milk? I am using bottle feeding so if I let her cry for milk, it will be another 15 mins wait for him. And he can cry hysterically...bb really has no patience.

Hi mummies, my 6 weeks old bb has been spitting milk more frequently lately. Is there any solution to prevent this? Sometimes can be alot that I wonder whether she is drinking enough milk since she spit most of it out.

Hi mummies. How much is your bb drinking per session?
Mine is 2 weeks old and drinking 80ml per session every 3 hourly.. Is it too much?

She is about 3kg

I drink papaya soup but no use in increase bm. Does anyone know anything that can increase more bm?? Now i only can pump out 60 ml of bm a time.BB drink more then 60 ml.

Kitty, my bb also suck for long..but I limit 25min on each side..bb always close eyes & suck. Then will doze off.
Do you pull out to stop bb from latching or u let bb continue till don't want then change side?
I only latch on once or twice a day..

Hello mummies! Sorry to intrude ur thread, i m actually a november
mummy. Like to check with u mummies if you have CL to recommend, maybe
ur CL if they are available in Nov. many tks in advance!!!!!

Hi wu py, my bb is 9 days old and my supply also falls between 30-50ml per 3hrly pumps from both sides. It's quite consistent about 30ml each time but my sil advises me to drink lots of warm water before and during breastfeeding and after trying 3 times I could get 50ml per pump. I also drink the longan red date tea throughout the day. Plus the confinement soup. Maybe you can try drinking lots of warm water to encourage the supply.

Does any mummies have red bumps on the surface of your vaginal? The nurse shaved the bikini line hair and now the hair has grown back, short ones, my skin is irritated and has many red bumps. Plus that area is also protected by the binder. What can I do to reduce the red bumps and irritation?

Phyllis, maybe u can try put powder? Btw u deliver in which hospital? The one I went for both delivery also din shave.

I will try drinking more warm water..but I feel really full after drinking so much water. How many cups u drink before expressing? My bb going 1month old this weekend Liao.. Hope milk supply will increase.

Btw is the milk u all express is solid milk color or looks diluted?

Wu py, I use to pump an hr for tat amt of milk too.. Than I realize it my pump tat make me waste time n affect my ss... Aft changing pump, I spend less time n more milk coming

Wu py I delivered at TMC, did csect. Have not tried powder though. Maybe mummies with similar experience can share what they did to reduce the red bumps and irritation.

I use the medela pump in advance style dual electric pump. Pump for 15mins only. Drank about 500-700ml warm water each time I express. Just pumped managed to get 40ml. Will try au natural method first before exploring supplements.

Breast milk is more watery than fm. Bb will urine more and will be hungry in 2 hrs.

Mama_gene: my diet is simple. Just confinement food. But I took brown rice instead of white rice and I don't take much rice. Apart from that, vege with pork. Then this week my mum slowly introduce chicken after my wound has healed.

I'm doing exclusive pumping as my gal doesn't latch on as she's super impatient. I will pump every 3 plus to 4 hours, even during midnite. I follow my baby's wake up timing. Once fed her, I will pump. Super tired though.. I'm using philips avent twin electric pump. I prefer medela freestyle, I pumped 30 mins for each round. And if my gal don't finish the milk, I will keep it in the fridge n apply on my nipple after the pump.

By the way, does ur baby have those heavy breathing sound?not sure if it's due to the nose wax in her nose. My gal seems to produce the "very difficult to breath" kinda sound.

Any mummies who has a toddler and a newborn and take.care of them yourself without any help? I'm trying my best to juggle 2 kids alone with expressing milk too... Am so tired...

How you handle???

Ak: both of us are in the same boat. Pumping hard or our girl who are so impatient

My girl has that kind of heavy breathing a well during feed. I think it's ok.

Wu py: at first I oso take long time to pump out but now 15 min can pump out 60 ml ... My mum wanted me to change papaya soup with meat to papays soup with fish... Maybe it will work better... But I feel I drink more papaya soup my bm more less!! Abit weird ~ hah

Zp, I have a toddler 2.5yrs old..during the day I my hubby sends him to child care..night time when his back, my hubby helps take care of him. I think support from husband very important. If weekends my husband need to work, then will send my son to my mum place. Else I can't express my milk & take care of baby.

Ak, since u tried both pumps before, why u prefel medela over Philips avent? For same amt of milk flow, in terms of timing, is it shorter?

My husband also suspect my pump not good enough.. I'm using Philips avent.

Wu py:
My 4 yrs old son does not go childcare but to mum's place during daytime since it's holiday now. But evening he'll come home and I've got a workaholic husband who works from 8am to 12am... So when he comes home already so tired... How to ask him to take care of baby?... Sigh...

breastfeeding mummies,

anyone encountering bb having very yellow pee? My bb's pee seems to be getting yellower the recent few days, not sure if it's my diet, or should I be drinking more water? My milk supply is still constant though, no drop in supply.

Zp, can let your husband knows the stress & tireness u are facing. For these 2-3months ask him priorities family rather than work? Else can your mum help take for these 2-3months till everything stable? Either put your 4yr old (I know not fair to him, but no choice) at mum place or better if your come can come stay with u to help out?

Thanks BabySean, Kitty n Miss Freedom. I already asked my hubby to buy. Hope it help my little poor gal.
I use pampers n mamy poko too. Does these contribute to the diapers rash?

phyllis, I got these red bumps too n there is really nothing i can do except not to scratch them as they can get very itchy..i tried putting powder n lotion but didnt help..

looks like all the mummies r very bz w e babies, me too, after confinement aunty went back, really tough n gives me second tots abt hving no.2.. the nights r exhausting..but now getting used to his wailing, his tempers..

if baby likes to b carried or nursed to sleep, i know it is a bad habit, but the moment put down will wake up..n strangely, this only happens in the day naps, at night he can drink milk then zzz..

Can I check with mummies here, who went for a successful vbac? And if yes was your vbac an induced birth or you went into labour naturally?

Thanks for sharing little dotty. Mine is the reverse day time bb sleeps very soundly and night time he doesn't sleep so well. Can be awake for 2 hrs and he drinks alot during this waking hrs. Past 2 nights drank 110ml, nanny fed 50 then 30 then 30 in this 2 hrs. Is is too much?

Mummies do you keep your ebm in glass or plastic bottles? I've the advent bottles and glass ones. Which is better?

Back