(2012/05) May 2012

Today my last day of work and i get my ML. So happy could rest at home. Couldn't sleep well for the past 1 week. Tired~ wait for thur to see whether i can delivery my baby ~

My belly also very itch once I feel hot. Luckly I started my ML at today waiting for my bb to be deliver
happy.gif

so nice.. most of u on ML already
sad.gif

star: i also feel its itchy despite applying the cream or the clarins tonic. Doesnt seems to help also, guess its heredity kinda thing. Im gg for last min maternity shoot tomorrow!

Ak: Hmm try not to scratch it. or else not nice ltr.
Clarie: maybe different ppl got different skin type bah. Mine stretchmark is full stomach till my back. Super disgusting..

Hi AK, I've done my e-enrollment previously. That was like 2-3 mths back. TLC nurse asked have I decided on the room during one of the monthly check up then she registerd me and few days later letter came from TMC. Not sure if that is the admission letter you are referring to.
Wow... So many mummies are on ML already. I plan to keep the ML to stay longer with bb. Guess might need to request to work from home more often. My tummy is not very big but can feel the strain. Mummies with backaches you might want to get your hubby to do massage for you. Learnt that from the prenatal class it really helps.
I've did my maternity shots at 34 wks. Getting the photos end of this mth. It's fun. Enjoy...

Phyllis, is your letter blue in colour? I also Booked the room of my choice few months back. But I didn't receive any letter. I just gotten a blue letter from my gynae, from tmc, one page only. Not sure if it's the admission letter as well.

Oh, gynae told me my baby is engaged, asked me to monitor if she moves 10 times a day, also can deliver anytime!

Ak, that's good news. My bb still don't want to engage. He's lowered and always can feel him kick my pelvic bone on left n right. Very playful boy.

congrats eunice, ayana, kris, bb_2012~

>> bb_2012.. your birth story vv detailed! thanks for sharing!
happy.gif

>> eunice, i just added you as friend on FB. do accept the request and I can add you to the new FB group (i dont have access to add you to the old FB group -- the new fb group is quieter.. but we do try to share useful info across the 2 groups..)

i havent pop too! just haven check in here for sometime.. i am nearing my edd in 4 more days! anxiously waiting.. all my colleagues thought i will pop over the weekend but i am still there at work on Monday o_0~ (i am not taking ML ahead.. but i really didnt expect that i will be so on schedule and didnt pop early!) .. my tummy is very low already.. today seem to have more movement.. so hopefully i will pop soon
happy.gif

Im also still waiting....
First initial EDD is 22nd May but subsequent change to 18. Gynae put 22nd as my EDD in the admission form to the hospital. So now Im in 39 weeks.

Suppose to start my ML this week de but since no signs no symptoms, I told my boss I will continue working till I pop.
So boring, nothing to do at home and its so hot. In office better, with the aircon and with things to do, pass time faster. Its only the journey here via public transport that make it tiring and the waking up early....hahaha

>> dolcevita
if I am not wrong.. they took out some of the less active people for the old FB group.. are you in the new FB group? if not i can add you..

hi Mummies,

My EDD was 2 June but due to my GTT condition, I should be having my csec on 24th May. I am still working and will be on ML from this Friday.
Can I join in this forum?

Can I join in FB too because is more easily accessible for me. Thanks.

Hi dolcevita and yingzz: the two of u are popping soon! take care oki! True, it's quite boring to stay at home but I think we shld enjoy the moment of peace and rest before our little ones come about!

Anyway, do u all call ur gynae or the hospital first if the waterbag break or bloody show? My gynae told
me to call him immediately if baby doesn't move at least 10
times each day. But upon reading Eunice's post, quite confused if we shld call gynae first or hospital.

>> charmaine and rumissing,

Please let me know your email address so I can add you? Can pm me if you like..

>> ak

I cant wait to pop! The more i think of it.. the more scare i am sia.. esp with my EDD nearing..

hmm i dont have my gynae tel.. and best of all.. he went on leave so i can only call the hospital and they will call the backup gynae.. i think since you have the gynae tel, you can call him? he shld be able to assess your condition and tell you what to do?

ak,

My gynae says to look out for the 3 signs :
1) Water bag burst
2) Bloody Show
3) Contraction 2-3min apart

Once we encounter any of these, to proceed straight to hospital.
If movement less than 10 counts, then go to him for checking.

My waterbag burst for my #1, so I took shower and went to hospital direct without contacting my gynae. Gynae has the admission letter for me, so I just pass that to the nurse and they will contact gynae on behalf and update him my current status.

Hi mummies, i gave birth to a boy last week =)

May I know what is e market rate for CL start wok ang pow? How much are u all giving? I fired my CL after 3 days as she was too lazy and not prompt. The new CL got attitude problem and rebuke us when we instruct her things. It's totally crappy to engage CL for 2300 as if they worth so much pay. In e end hv to put up with them and all their crap.

Ak I don't have any blue letter as I did my registration online. On Mon when I check with my gynae she said just bring my usual appointment card and check into the admissions office the nurses there will contact her.
Yes the pointers which dolce vita shared were what the prenatal classes went through.
My edd is 31 may, last working day is 25 may. Bb is engaged and can be anytime. Looking forward to his arrival.
happy.gif

Hi rabbitz, I'm with PEM confinement agency. I signed up in dec or jan. it's 2050. I requested for a specific confinement nanny as recommended by my friend and I've interviewed her and comfortable with her style so need to pay additional $200. The reason for not going direct is, through agency you get a free replacement if your current nanny needs to go away urgently, whether medical reasons or need to attend to family matters in Malaysia. Taking care of a newborn is already stressful enough so want to avoid this unnecessary stress... In general, their nannies have good reviews and feedback. Well... But then again it's a luck thing.

rabbitz,

Start work ang pao i give about $28. If she proves to be good, end of the confinement will give "bigger" one.

I have heard so much about CL being lazy and crappy. For my #1 , I had a good CL who cooks for me and my family (including my HB, Mum & Dad), laundry for me and HB,clear the whole house and she does night feeds and she is pro-BF.

This round since I need a maid to look after #2, I got a maid in 2 mth before my delivery so that she could learn cooking with my mum. But also have problems .... she cant really cook but she helps me with night feedings. Food wise , mum cooks and my HB goes over to bring back. Lucky HB took leave to help out.... $2,300 is really a lot of money....another 2 weeks my confinement will be over..

Hi Ak, Phyllis,

I'm from the Aug thread. How do you find your maternity shot? I'm still thinking if I should go for one. This will be my 2nd and maybe last pregnancy and I did not go for it last time.

BTW, for those who have popped at Mt A, how do you find the delivery experience? Understand renovations is going on and quite chaotic. Is this true? Still deciding between Mt A and TMC.

Hi movenpick, the experience and photo shoot are not bad. I ended up developing more photos than what the package has - $200 for 6 5R. Basically it's like 100+ digital shots, you will select the photos straight after the photo shoot. I'll only get the selected photos and the soft copy end of this month.
I took their make up service too. Just go for it. It's really to keep sake this significant milestone.
Take it when your bump is big. Photographer commented mine is small at 34 wks, well guess the first one is always a little bump and when the skin stretches for the second time it will be huge. Shall see if this is true in 2yrs time.

movenpick: I'm w Mt A and I really love their services... the reno does not bother me cos I'm in the ward all the time, so I had least concern on that
happy.gif
My hubby stay w me throughout and he loves the food there. The nurse are very pro-breastfeeding, and the LC provides lots of help.
Mine is schedule c-sec and it's very organized, in fact, no choice cos we only have 2 time-slot in the OT
happy.gif

Dolcevita and Phyllis:: thanks for clearing my doubts ;) seems like I totally forgot what was taught during the prenatal class .. Haha.

Rabbitz; congrats! Take care ya!

Movenpick: I googled these studio n this afternoon just went fr my last min shoot. Initialy, signed up package at baby fair fr my newborn as the photographer commented my tummy too small when I was 7th months preggy, and I thought that my tummy looks bigger now, so quickly went to arrange for the shoot before I popped. Haven't sen the pics yet so can't comment much ;) will update once I get o see them. Agree with Phyllis, it's really a good momento for the preggy as u can involve ur hubby in the shot as well.

Phyllis, are you FBI member with TMC? Since u can do online registration. By the way, what's ur baby's weight? Attempting natural delivery as well?

Hmm.. It's getting late and I'm hungry again ;(

>> movenpick..

think you should go for the maternity shoot
happy.gif
i did it as well.. will be a good keepsake esp if you think it may be your last pregnancy..

depending on package and photographer.. some allow you to keep all soft copy.. others only selected photos.. some also allow you to top up to keep all softcopy..my photographer mention the best time to shoot is from 32 weeks onwards.. i think i took mine around 36 weeks.. they dont recommend you take too late cos scare you pop early..

How to take maternity photos when I have ugly stretchmarks ? Do the photographers photoshop n erase the ugly stretchmarks?

Hi mommies,

it seemed like these days the hospitals and even shops are encouraging breastfeeding for our babies?

I realized that most shops do not sell stage 1 milk powders anymore?

Am a little nervous that I may not be able to produce and thus trying to get ready of infant milk powder. Any idea where I can get them?

Any mummies managing confinement without a CL? I am contemplating to terminate my CL but not sure if it's too tough to handle without one. My CL is rude and is selective on how chores are done ie she refuse to hand wash my bb clothes or use cloth nappies. Ytd she helped herself to use the large japanese dried scallops to cook porridge for lunch for my hubby n her share without asking. Used several as I see huge chunks of scallops!

When bb cry a bit or make a bit of noise she will insist he's hungry and just conveniently pass to me for latch on. Bb always end up sleeping after I pacify him thus not hungry. I wasted my sleep time. When I commented abt her on certain things, she intentionally/unintentionally wiped the dining table so hard that flung my iPhone on the floor! I am so fed up on putting up with her jus cos I need an extra pair of hands.

Anyone has contacts for part time maid? I am thinking of ordering confinement food delivery and hv a maid to help with chores.

rabbitz: My CL got to leave after 2 weeks due to some reason, luckily my mum came over (before I gave birth) so she learnt the stuff from CL before she left. Some more my relative's maid agreed to help for another 2 weeks, so that settles it. But now my hubby and I take the night shift and take care of baby, so that they can rest at night loh.

If u are doing it alone, it won't be easy, cos u are not supposed to touch unboiled water, then who can help to bath baby? Also if u terminate the CL, she won't be kind enough to teach u what to do.
But I do feel that ur CL got attitude! haha.. I was the one flaring up at my CL at first cos she told me can only do 2 weeks after she arrived. Anyway, the CL I had did my confinement last time too and she's really good one.

As for the scallop thingy, probably she thought can use everything? Cos my CL also will never ask me what to use, she just use anything available.
But we use washing machine to wash baby clothes, same for cloth diapers, just need to soak it a bit before washing. However, without CL, u might need to use disposable ones cos washing them is also another chore.

Why not u try to call up PEM like what Phyllis said?

Claire: you still can go for the shoots cos I also have lots
of stretchmarks. Guess what, the photographer told
me innocently that I have alot of "unique marks". cos most of the mummies he took pix, only got the center black mark. But apart from that black line, I also got those red color "unique marks". I was like "huh, wth".. He told me can photoshop away. I was having the same thoughts but also thought that since the stretchmark was part of the pregnancy "package", mayb I shld leave it. Anyway I get to tell them if I should like to Photoshop the marks during choosing of pix.

So u gg for one soon?

Ak, I'm already in week 38. A bit late I think.
Ytd and today I feel some pain on my right lower abdomen, think shld be stretching of muscle to hold bb. Also feel an acute pain when I was walking, think my bb is pressing down on me.

mummies who are waiting to pop, all the best k!
happy.gif
I still cannot forget the day bb is born..do take care of yourself during this time and durinng confinement too..

Confinement is really quite bored, luckily got internet & cable tv..or else will go bonkers...haa..

btw, any mummies thinking of becoming a sahm? Looking at the baby, I really feel I should be with him and see him grow everyday then give him to a babysitter to take care..such a dilemma, dunno to give up the career and money to take care of him..

claire.. i think prob you can still find some photographer who can fit you in last min.. and like what ak says.. stretchmarks is part of the pregnancy package.. good to have a snapshot of that too
happy.gif

littledotty.. dun think i will be a sahm.. cos need $$ also..

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb, I have a BN Medela Purelan nipple cream, 37g (bigger tube) for sale, at $10 only, collection at Dhobby Ghaut or top up for postage accordingly. Great for breastfeeding moms! PM or email me([email protected]) if interested, thanks!

Claire: still possible for last min shoot, but must be within these few days. I went for my last min shoot yest, i was 37 weeks 5 days. So u can try
happy.gif

Littledotty: thanks! Will do.. nope, nowadays the financial needs of a family doesnt allow me to be a SAHM. Hope i can be one though.

I took at studioplay, package is $258, additional pax for eg ur hubby, is at $35. You can go check their website for the package details
happy.gif

enjoy the shoot, its fun!

Ak, I think I will give the photography a miss cos I didn't budget for that, don't want my hubby to nag at me. Already we got differrent views on bb 1st mth cake vendors and celebration.

claire: yup, understand. well, this is just an extra. As long as the pregnancy process is nice, its memorable as well! normal photos suffice
happy.gif

By the way, im having a strong urge to poop this morning. Scary, thought im gg into labour soon. haha..

AK I did not sign up for FBI as my gynae does not participate, so not much of discount.
My bb boy's estimated weight at birth is 2.8-3kg. So far put on about 11kg. Doing natural delivery.

Ak, really envy u. Can't wait for my turn to poop. My hubby tells bb to wait after 22 may, after his important presentation.
sad.gif

Hi I'm first time mum giving birth in MAH. I would like to ask whether what items does MAH provide so that I dont need to pack / buy? Thanks in advance.

I would like to share to warn mummies:

I gave baby formula milk (FM) when my breast milk (BM) haven't come in during first week after birth. In e end bb a little constipated and not poop for 2 days. When my milk finally came after abt 7th day sufficient for a feed each pump session, instructed CL to give total BM where I latch bb durin day n bottle feed my BM from e fridge at night. We didn't monitor CL when she does night duty since no need wake up to latch. To our horror one day we saw her force feed bb with FM at midnight (bb don't cry for milk but CL fed anyway). CL disposed precious pumped BM fm fridge to destroy evidence so no clues with extra BM which she supposed to feed bb. We were shocked n angry! CL fed bb FM so bb will sleep longer durin e night (BM is less concentrated and usually require more
Regular feeding). We checked the tin of FM and found depleting. Regret not kept the FM since we started total bf and enabled CL to misuse.

I hope fellow mummies can take note and avoid same problem with their unethical CL if any.

Back