(2012/05) May 2012

Thanks, yingzz

momo's baby

Congrats!

tute

I din really have a nursing cover, coz mine refused to latch, so I only pump at home.

rabbitz

Well, i guess it's rather uncomfortable, coz he will poke his fingers deep inside. I personally found it painful coz I have low pain threshold.

As for when.. think it depends on individual?

Hi everyone,
Have been reading posts but no time to post at all. Congrats to e 2 mummies who have delivered!!

Rabbitz-the virginal checks are no fun
sad.gif
but i only had mibe checked when i arrive in e hospital for delivery. My gynae said no need to check during checkups. No point. Unless u r suspectg tt u r leaking amniotic fluid. I had a friend who was 4cm dilated for a few days w/o any signs of labour. But it depends on yr gynae i think. I have another friend whose gynae checked during checkups

Nursing cover,
I find those bib kind w a metal spine better than e shawl. Or at least those poncho w a netting will be good. Coz u need to see n position bb. A bit harder to manage w a shawl coz u have to free one hand n tug at e neckline to get a clearer view. But can be done lah. Just ned to practice at home

Epidural/pain relief
for those mummies who wants to try going w/o, go for it!! Both my deliveries were done w/o any pain relief. N my bbies were not small (3.1 n 3.6kg) n i m relatively small sized at 1.58m. But i personally think it depends on how long drawn the whole labour process is. Coz if the contractions r bothering u n u cant rest for half a day or more, u wont have energy to push. N the more tensed u r, the more u wont dilate. So dare to try, but dont feel like a failure if u think u needs to reserve yr strength for e pushg n bfeeding later

Hi

I has been so long that I have not come in.. I am going to due soon.. EDD is 2/5, very excited.. but I was down with serious sore throat and now become cough.. although I hope to see my bb soon but if now happens to come out I also got no strength to push.. feeling so weak now.

Btw, mummies.. anyone has gone through those post natal massage? dunno who I should go to and who is better after reading all those forum.. some too cheap till afraid to try. some recommend by my colleague but dunno which is good.. so confusing...

any good recommendation? many thanks

hi moment

I've been using Ida's services for my #1 & will be using her services again for my #2. No bad experiences for me. You can always contact her @ 9424 9829. Not sure if she's fully booked already for the month of May. I booked her when I was 2mths preggy.

This time round, I get the GBS positive.. for the last 2 pregnancies I did not got it or my gynae did not do the swap for me for test. As I understand this is not a compulsory test.

My gynae said that I need to put on drip when I admit to hospital but I was worried whether I got enough time for the drip anot, as I read up the website it mentioned that the drip needs at least 2-3hrs, but if I was on induce. It will be v fast for me.. as my 2nd one was out within 3hrs after the induce drip..

This time round everything was so different from the previous 2 maybe is different gender..
I was worried that tis time round dunno I can go on natural birth anot..

Plus now already near to my due date and yet I fall sick at this time..
sad.gif

Hi Devlina

Thanks for sharing.. How much is her service?

Could you briefly tell me how is the process like, eg if natural birth when how many days can start to massage?

How many sessions mins we have to go? do we need to sign on package or pay by per service.. as I afraid if sign package and what if I find her not good I want to cancel but couldnt..

hi,
I am new to this thread. hope to know u guys...

Brief Intro abt myself:
- My edd is on 25 May 2012
- expecting my first bb boy
- going to deliver at KKH, subsidise patient

had read from prvious posts that there is a private facebook group?

can add me in? my email is [email protected]

hi moment,
when do you test for GBS?

i was "swap" at my 32nd week, result not known yet, shld be able to know at my next visit (35th week).

i am thinking if it's too early to do the swap cos i remember the test is to be done at 35th week or later?

Mrs Ho, as a update.... I asked the nurse for glass bottles during discharge and she gave me 5 pcs. Think its used by previous babies coz they are FM bottles actually. I requested for 2 FM to standby, apparently they are charging now at $1 per bottle, any brand.

Bill size to update later coz am going to nap now... Zzzzzzzz

Varginal Check:
My friend say this check may induce labour, so she dun let her gynae check. My 1st gynae nvr do this procedure, current gynae I dun know he chk or not since I deliver 1 mth in adv. heehee.

FM:
Mt A dun allow us to bring bk FM. Say got incident on expiry date so they dun wanna risk Kenna complaint.

Mittens:
Good to prep 2 sets. My gal is diagnosed with jaundice on 3rd day so need light treatment. So need to let her wear mitten so that she won't scratch her face. All BB have very sharp nails at birth.

CONFINEMENT LADY FROM TMC

As a matter of curiosity, is there any mummy here whose due date is 5 may n is getting confinement lady from thomson parentcraft?

Hi Mermaider

I did it when I was on my 34 weeks.. after that my gynae asked me to eat antibotic..I taken the one week antibiotic.. think yours shd be ok if your gynae did not call you for medication.. for my gynae, usually if there is a need then they will call..

Hi Babysean

You meant now Mt A they don't allow you to take back those milk bottles? during my 2nd boy in 2010 still can.. maybe now they change of policy bah..

Those bottles I still have it with me, in case if they don't give this time round.. I will sterilise those glass bottles and use again.. as it is glass bots so shouldn't be expiry date.... i suppose..

Hi Babysean

Talking about varginal check, next week I suppose my gynae will check for me as next week I will be on my 38weeks already.

For my previous one, he checked is to ensure that the head is down and whether our pelvic has open.. he will tell me roughly when I still not yet on labour then ask me to admit.. for my previous boy is one day earlier of my edd.

but just nice, when I suppose to admit on 13 mar. I have cramp and admit on 12 Mar instead.. so end up is accordingly to my gynae date on 13 mar gave birth cos mid night have menses le...

My gynae still told me how come i admit so early and still need to pay one more day charges.. hee hee...

Gynea will advise whether able to go natural if baby is big' by estimating whether bb be able to pass thru the pelvic, this is concluded when we do the ultra scan test to estimate pelvic size? Clueless...

BabyL >> Thanks .. rest well .. and enjoy ur confinement ..

Moment >> What is GBS ? I've done my swap test already but i'm not sure what isit testing for.

Hi Mrs Ho

The test is to check whether we got bacteria anot and afraid will pass to baby when we are giving birth.. esp when we go for natural then we got to take the antibiotic thru drip.

If c-section i think don't have to put the drip but i guess they will check bb when he/she is born..

Hi ak
Ya the swap is to check for GBS..

Moment: thks ;) so presence of bacteria would mean we feel itchy or discomfort down there? Recently, im feeling abit itchy at the sides of the v area and side of anus. But it's ok in the day, only itchy during the night. Should I get worried? I havent go for my swab test yet..

so envy those of u who are in full term now.. i cant wait for my little one to pop.. me still 33 wks now..

im currently having severe backache. very difficult to sleep at nite cos any position is not right. backache, breathlessness and heartburn = insomnia. how do u ppl solve these symptoms?

Hi ak

You should ask your gynae for medication if possible.. that time before doing the swap I did tell my gynae that I always got the watery dispatch and he mentioned is fine cos this time round is 3rd one so placenta abit low will have it..

Maybe I did not mentioned that my urine smell quite strong.. if not maybe I on antibiotic will not get the GBS..

After taking the antibiotic the urine smell not strong already..

Actually I also dunno what is the GBS abt. after reading the website also.. hope everything is fine and hope my bb wont get it and she can go home together with me... i v scare she got to go thru alot of test.. as for my fren she is on drip and her bb come out got fever end up she got to left her bb there and do a several tests..
sad.gif

babyL: can u share more on the glassbottles? what do we do with that? why is it necessary to get the glass bot from the nurse?

also, did the nurse at TMC teach you how to bath the baby?

Hi Big Dee

Is hard to solve the problem... the only prob i can help to relieve my pain is to go massage.. and now is the most difficult time to sleep and also keep waking up to pass urine too.. you can try to sleep side way maybe it will help...

Big Dee >> The glass bottle is for storing breast milk ... cut cost then we dun hav to buy so many of the storage bottle if we happen to hav milk

BabySean: I've heard about this too... if C-Section, usually wun bleed as much as natural birth...

jul: I'm also using cabin trolley... but i use the one that can also carry as a bag with wheels.. initially wana use the cabin size luggage but scare too exaggerating.... LOL!

Momo's Baby: Congrates! beware of the tummy time bomb that will pop anytime... :D

rabbitz: is it the one what gynae will put his finger/hand in? I did mine when i was 36 weeks (last week)... i find it painful.. i was so stunned (coz i don't really know what he was gg to do till...) i looked at him, stunned and asked "so.... delivery is 100 times more painful than this?!!" LOL!

Moment: OH! now i know whats the swap is for... the clinic called me few days ago to indicate on my admission letter about GBS or something... she also mentioned the word drip and antibiotics... but after she put down the phone, i totally forgot what she said! -_-" i think it shld still be in time to ask my gynae when i see him next week... don't think ill suddenly deliver lah... *pray*

ak: i'll also feel itchy and i'm having greenish mucous discharge since trimester 1... but i realize the itch is a lot better after i do my waxing... think the hair traps bacteria or something...

Hello everyone...

I'm due in late May, expecting my first baby. Ermm..i know it's abit late to join this forum, but as it's getting closer to the big day, I'm starting to feel more anxious and apprehensive. Decided to come here and talk to other mums-to-be and get some advice and encouragement.

Getting jittery as I'm not sure whether I am fully ready. Work-wise too..have not planned my handover yet. Does anyone know how the Maternity Leave works? I previously submitted my MOM form according to my EDD. What happens if I deliver before that?

Wow long time didn't come in. Saw many post. Congrats to those mummy tat pop.

Hm.. So far reaching wk37 but doc did not ask me to do any swap test. Is tat compulsory? Now I m seeing my gyne once a wk too. But no tests done. My gyne only scan bb weight n position.

Recently experience slight backache oso but once I adjust my sleep position or seating position n it will be fine. But recently tummy real itchy!!!!!!! Dunno if any mummy experience this?

Btw, how u gals determine which brand FM to give bb coz there are so many brands out there? Tinking shld I prepare a small tin in case after discharge not enff BM for bb.

Keiko: thanks for sharing! But I don't have any unusual colour discharge throughout. That's strange. I will inform my gynae on my next visit. Hope it's nothing ;)

Moment: I shld be delivering at TMC since my gynae is there... what you mean by they ask me for the info? you mean they called me? I think is to tell me the result... but, i cannot remember what they said... haha! however, i checked and yah, my admission letter has some parts not filled in yet.. think i shld still be in time to ask my gynae abt that next week...
happy.gif

Jazzlyne: I'm not sure if its compulsory but my gynae makes me go for all the tests, you name it, i have to go through it.. however I'm still seeing him in 2 weeks interval lei...

ak: think yours not strange, mine shld be strange... don't think its a good thing to have discharge lei... i was worried its some infection but i read it, and it says as long as no smell, it shld be fine.. so i guess you're fine...
happy.gif
but yah, let your gynae know....

Congrats to mummies who had popped
happy.gif

During my last Gynae visit , my Gynae commented that there's protein in my urine ???
There's no smell or itch , but I do put pantyliners daily and changing very often . He's saying if by next visit not clear might put me on medication .
Any mummies booked massage lady already ? There's a baby expo coming up on the 27th .
Jazzlyne : do not scratch your tummy even if it's very itchy . Put bio oil or moisturizer
happy.gif
if not will have stretch marks

So many new updates just after one day!
happy.gif

My gynae took the swab at my 36 weeks, she told me on week 35 to check for bacteria and that this bacteri is not harmful to the adult but if passed on to the bb, it can be dangerous so if we hv this bacteria, we will need to put on antibiotics when we deliver so that it can go to the baby thru e drip..I dont think have any signs..

I havent booked e massage lady also! But how to book if not sure when will pop??

Really looking forward to week 38, when baby is full term, I will phew sighs of relief! Now, BH seems more frequent, anyone has BH on one side of your tummy??

Looks like there are many mummies like me too not opting for epi, hopefully we can tahan!!
happy.gif

Snowy: ooops can't resist the itchiness n scratched now one patch one patch red here n there
sad.gif
Actually I apply the stretch cream but the itch will come back haiz.......

Does anyone know if we can apply aloe Vera gel on tummy. Hope to lessen the redness I haf now.

Hm.... Need tO check with my gyne later if there is any
more tests I need to do.

I oso wan to try natural w/o epi. Heehee until cannot than then ask for it. Can save some $$$$ :p

jul,
i think then you may want to see first before buying a nursing cover? might end up wasting money if baby doesn't cooperate as well outside. I recall last time when bb was aware of surrounding, it becomes a struggle to feed him even in a nursing room because he wants to look around the new environment first.

shang,
welcome ! my edd is also late may...
suggest you check with your HR. Most companies doesn't seem to allow ML to start after you deliver. So it should start earlier or the moment you give birth.

snowy,
i have book mine - usually you can only give the edd and then contact the msg lady again after you give birth.

big dee,
agree with mrs ho, glass bottle quite useful to store milk in fridge. Last time my bb doesn't want to drink frozen milk so gotta use bottles to keep in fridge because milk bags difficult to keep if not frozen. for the glass bottles it does not come with cap, so usually gotta buy - last time i bought it at TMC Pharmacy.

tute

Hmm.. guess you're right. I shd just wait. No1 didn't even wanna latch. Just that I feel more secure to get everything ready, u know what I mean?

Keiko

Hehe I will be using the real cabin bag. Hubs said what's the prob? Just go half empty lor, no big deal. Plus I bring so much stuff, maybe cabin bag also not enough" Grr!"
snowy, little dotty

Just tell the massage lady your EDD. Then when you pop, call/sms her to set up your first appt.

shang

For my co, it'll change the maternity leave to start on the day I pop.

Hi, morning mommies-to-bes and new mommies,

So excited and yet nervous as the time moves towards the day going to see our newborns.
kao_clap.gif

My Edd was 27 May and now moving it earlier as doing C section. Am worried a little if I may could breastfeed after that as would be doing GA in this C section.

Have also booked post natal massage but very last minute and luckily Origins Jamu could accommodate in early June. Hope it was good as have not used them before.

Now, the only two things I pray for are: good confinement nanny and good maid who would be helping up.

I am also happy that co allows me to WFH next week onwards till my date of delivery. But feel sad that the top mgmt has rejected hiring a temp to cover my role; feel bad for my team while I am out as it means more responsibilities for them.

So many new changes... hopefully could manage.

Saw postings on strong urine smell.. was worried too as it can be unbearable at times. I have askd my gynae similar question too but she said becoz I took multi vitamins thus this is usual.

Hi Keiko

Oh I meant the hospital ask you whether you got the GBS so that they can prepare for you when you admit?

For my hospital did not ask me yet. But I think my gynae has given me the letter and put ask them to give me the drip when I admit.

Now I am getting worried for this antibiotic.. as for my fren her bb reated to the antiobiotic and came out bb got fever so her poor baby got to stay in hospital to do several test. can't go home with mummy.. I am worried dunno mine will be this case anot.. Pray hard....

Keiko/Jul, I've already prepared 2 bags (one is mine and the other is hubby's), then I decided to put these 2 bags into cabin luggage instead, so when discharged, we can just dump everything inside the luggage and trolley along. So dun need to carry too much things otw back home. U know, in case pp send u gifts and all, can dump inside the luggage ma..

i have the bloody show! fresh bright blood, enough to fill my panty but no pain yet. is this it? how soon? i'm scared. exactly 36 wks based on ultrasound, 37 wks and 6 days based on LMP

ayana

I agree! Bigger is better, easier to keep track of to dump all the stuff into just 1 bag

sardonyx

When I had the show, I delivered 1.5 days later. Call your gynae. In terms of urgency, waterbag burst >> contractions >> show

sardonyx> inform your gynae and monitor... more sign should be showing soon... but hor, also hard to say... some ppl shows more labour sign pretty quick (like jul)... but i have also heard of ppl only showing after a week...

in any case, better inform and then monitor.
(excited for you)

Oh yeah, gotta add. I had the show, then contractions. Gynae told me to stay home & monitor when I was having show without contractions. I still went for my brazilian wax (got backache n mild tummy ache along the way but I thought my tummy was just unwell), then met Hubs for dinner. After that, the contractions got painful, then I dashed home to take a gd long shower n made my way to the hosp hehe

Sardonyx: Call your gynae! My friend also show but no contraction. She was 35wks+. Her gynae gave her 2 jabs, 1 to boost BB lungs and 1 to delay contraction. She stay in KKH for 2 nites then discharge to go hm on MC and continue take oral med. manage to tahan til 37wks then deliver.

Back