(2012/05) May 2012

Yes first child too Chocolateteddy. Edd 31 may. A bb boy
happy.gif

Hey keiko, my appt with dr tham is also on the 18th!
Wat time is yours? Mine is in the morning cos I heard rebid having half day? We can say hi liao hehehe..

Just dreamt that I delivered my bb boy last night...his eyes were open n looking at me..awww the feeling was so sweet..

Thanks Ayana and choc Teddy for adding me to the groups..wow fb really very active hor..

Anyway do u all wipe yourself or bathe after delivery n staying in the ward? And for meals, do u all request for confinement meals immediately?

Candymix: my appt is at 10.30am, its the only slot for that day... What time is yours? I hope he is in a good mood... Hee... Anyway I'll be requesting for western food for meals (not sure how confinement that would be) and will bath, definitely washing hair in the hospital... I don't want meet ppl with bad hair day... Lol! The most is I bring hair dryer along lor... Haha!!

First day aft c-section, the nurses will help to wipe us. After we can get out of bed, they will stop. Toilet is equips with shower.

I have confinement food throughout my stay in Mt A. I find the fish dishes taste btr than chicken ones. Din try pork.

Candymix: I usually have a warm shower whilst in hospital. Makes me feel fresher
happy.gif

Keiko" Why the heck not? (With regards to the hair dryer that is)

Hi Everyone!

I have been a silent reader so far. Really appreciate the sharing by everyone as I'm a first-time mum. My EDD is 21st May, and I realize that there are so many things to get that I better start soon!

Please add me in fb too, thanks!

[email protected]

I like to sleep on my back too, really comfy but I hv bn trying to sleep on my side.. There is a robinson sales on til sundsy! If u r a cardmember u can 20% on top of e 20%..

I agree to enjoying our life now esp it is my first bb before he comes join us! We r gng out for short trips n hotel stays to just relax..but work is really busy!

about waterproof sheets, is it safe to machine wash them? won't it damage the washing machine or the cloth?

are they used only when changing diapers or are they always placed over the fitted sheets?

Heh mummies, another qn: do we need to clean our baby gums n mouth after nursing? Use what to clean? At first I thought only need to clean when the teeth come out until I came across a pack of baby dentist wipes..

Sardonyx:
Not sure wat kind of sheets u got but I bgt one that is printed (little duckies) fabric on 1 side, and the packaging has washing instructions. Wash b4 use, machine wash. I intend to use it prob under the fitted sheet. But my crib is small playpen so "mattress" is waterproof already. I guess it depends on which fabric u think is more comfy for ur bb.

Candymix:
I'm not too sure but I hv a glove tt is for cleaning bb's gums when I got the milk bottles. I prob will use it.

Chocolate teddy>> i tink we got the same waterproof sheet. I bot 2, the other is pink duno wat animal. I oso tot of putting under mattress but like abit wasted cos the duckies are so cute.

After machine wash the fabric like abit "loose"

Wonder if we can use as blanket when we bring bb out as well...

Momo:
Ya the duckies r cute n wasted under fitted sheet hehe
Wash already loose ar? O no, I hvnt checked yet...
Use as blanket? To me it seems abit stiff leh, not comfy as a blanket.

chocolateteddy: i think we got the same kind? i got mine from the taka baby fair, the Growin' Up brand, i got 2 pcs. i think the purpose of the sheets is to prevent you from changing the playpen sheets everytime it's accidentally dirtied by baby. yes, the packaging has washing instructions but hubby said that it's not advisable to use the washing machine? if i can't machine wash them, i don't know if using underpad would be better instead?

btw, if a friend would offer you to give her expressed stored breastmilk, would you accept and let baby drink it? i was ok with it until my mom said that it's not advisable because some genetic diseases might be transferred to baby. :/

i wouldnt accept coz i dunno their diet. I rather give formula milk.

My cousin in law used her colleague's and my MIL commented that when she wash the milk bottle, it was oily!

Cleaning BB mouth: My CL uses square cotton pad, dip in boiled/cooked water to clean BB gum & tongue b4 shower.

Cleaning BB bottom: She uses cotton balls, dip in warm tap water to clean BB bum during diaper change. She dun use wet wipes, say use water to wash btr. She will squeeze some water from the cotton ball on BB bum, then gently wipe.

BabySean: when cleaning BB bottom, after using cotton balls dipped in water, is it necessary to wash BB bottom with water plus cetaphil for example?

I heard it's better to use cooled boiled water n cotton wool to wipe bb bottom. Coz their skin is pretty sentsitive. Of coz it's up to individual preference. Sometimes CL dun like the hassle n prefer wet wipes.

sardonyx: nope, juz apply nappy rash cream & wear diaper.

jazzlyne: yah, seems like a lot of pple uses water to clean BB bottom instead of wet wipes. For #1, I only use wet wipes. CL say clean bottom can use warm tap water. Only when cleaning mouth & face, uses cooled boiled water. ESP mouth, in case they swallow the water.

Washing BB bum: Juz describe with more details. CL dips cotton ball into water. But she dun squeeze it til very dry. As she places the cotton ball near to BB bum, then She squeezes the cotton ball to let the remaining water washes the bum. And use the now dry cotton ball wipe the bum. Repeat a few times if cleaning poo, else once or twice should be enuff for pee.

Giving EBM is indefinitely better than giving FM as long as u know the source is reliable. Genetic diseases cannot be passed through any other means except through conception!! Pls don't scare urselves. Having said that if the BM is no stored properly then u can pass gastrointestinal bacteria around. BM has so many different antibodies that it protects ur baby. I do give my BM away. I take supplements (fish oil and vitamins throughout my bf-ing career), store my BM correctly etc. but I cannot control what happens to the BM once I give it to the other mom so I tell them it is at their own risk. So far nothing happened to the other babies drinking my BM. Gained weight instead. oh one thing to add. BM changes with baby's age so if u want to accept BM from other mommies try to get those mommies whose babies are of the same age as urs.

Yip, the reason why BM is oily is because the lipids in BM is easily digestible. It is in the best form for ur bb's digestion. FM is not oily cos they can nv replicate quality of BM. Babies on FM are supposedly fuller but the truth is because FM don't digest as well so in actual fact u are giving them "indigestion". Haha. But of cos having some form of nutrition is better than none. So if u can't bf despite trying so very hard, don't feel guilty and just feed FM.

sardonyx: yah, use the blue packaging desitin cream. More for preventive purpose. For my #1, I also use for each diaper change til BB quite big. I nvr iron BB clothes. Dun think it's necessary. Up to individual preference I guess.

Candymix in pretanal class the instructor
said no need to wash gum, after milk give baby a spoon of water will do. My mum said can use some black cotton clothes to gently rub at bathe time.

Anyone intend to let baby sleep in aircon room? A lot of people say better not but with our insane weather, baby will be very unconfortable being swaddled and sweating away in the cot right? I'm thinking Aircon like 26deg is ok? Not cold but just cooling. Any of yr #1 slept with Aircon?

My #1 & #2 sleep in aircon room too. During certain part of daytime, i on the fan for her while i watch her in the living room. With SG weather, CL definitely needs aircon. Daytime, CL wraps her in nappy cloth. Nitetime, CL will use hooded blanket to wrap her in aircon room.

Hi everyone,

Do you hand wash bb's new and hands me down clothes in preparation for his arrival? Or can just machine wash? Not sure if the normal detergent residue will irritate bb's skin.

piggywiggy: ooh thanks for the insights!! i guess the next stage of EBM would be the pains that come with it.. i am getting worried, but i know what i read would not prepare me enough.. =(

Phyllis: I machine wash with my usual detergent. I know some mommies prefer baby detergent.

I machine wash with my usual detergent as well but increase the water level which calculated by the washing machine to avoid detergent residue.
happy.gif

Thanks Elffie & Chai. Just done hand washing hands me down clothes, all the new mittens, booties and caps with baby detergent. Water rinse 3 times. Next week shall continue with all his new clothes.
happy.gif

Sorry again mommies,
also want to sell - 4 new BUMWEAR pocket diapers + 11 inserts

4 BUMWEAR one size pocket diapers and 11 inserts going for $80 (paid just below $200). All NEW as stored at home since purchase.

Can be worn from 5 kg (11lbs) onwards until they are toilet trained. The package price online is for 4 bumwears + 10 inserts at $169!

SMS me if interested. 98531817

Maternity photos
Anyone done this yet? With studio loft? How was it? Wat did u bring to the shoot? Wat did u wear for the shoot?

M doin mine in a few days n still not sure wat to bring/ wear.... I hope the pics will turn out nice cos so far I dun hv any pics of a pregnant me...

I am taking mine in two weeks time~ but not w studioloft.. Did u ask ur photographer on wat to wear? Or can look at other ppl maternity shoots for ideas
happy.gif

Mine suggested - Suggestions on things to bring:
A set of white and a set of black Tube top or bra top works best. If not, a white shirt or cardigan that can be unbuttoned to show tummy (husband also matching white shirt for this look). Husband also set of white/black with jeans and any other family tee you may have
happy.gif
You may also want to bring any baby's toys or ultra scan. 

I wanted to go for maternity shoots. But the photographer told me my tummy wasn't big enough, thus wouldn't look good in photos. Was 7 months then.. So I took up newborn shoot instead. Envy those of u who can go for such shoots, it would be awesome! Enjoy the experience oki!

chocolateteddy, i will be taking my maternity shoot with Studio Loft too, but next Mon. I also have no idea what to bring for the shoot, appreciate if you can advise me after your shoot. I'm bringing my 4 yr son too for this shoot and hope to make it a fun one! Hope you have a great one too!

Morning to all! Anyone whose edd is first week May experiencing lower back ache and cramping/ aches(like menses cramps) lately?

I am quite gan chiong lately when everyone tells me my tummy has dropped!Hope BB can tahan til May!

Morning ladies,
Just came back from TMC. Bb boy is growing healthily, gynea commented he's very active. At 32 wks he weighs 1.897g considered average weight. Estimated to be about 3kg at birth.
His head has turned and is in position, doc said might be 2 wks earlier so need to be mentally prepared for a mid may bb. So exciting.

Maternity shots I'm taking with dphotofolio in end apr, Chocolateteddy you may check out their website on what apparels to bring. It's similar to what yingzz has suggested. My tummy is not huge and I'm well concealed at 8mths. Hopefully the shots will turn out great. Fingers cross...
happy.gif

Dry shampoo: Is it really useful during confinement? I duno whether to get one bottle as i worry i end up washing hair with herb water if the dry shampoo doesnt work well. Anyone used the dry shampoo during confinement before? I am thinking to use everyday then wet wash every 3 days or so, does this work? Or is it waste of $ to buy dry shampoo as most end up not using much?

I got to know 2 brands 'Batiste' and 'Klorane', any idea which is better or any other recommendation?

Hi mommies! Where do you purchase your maternity pads? I can't seem to find one. I saw one at Guardian - Harbourfront but I didn't buy it because I was initially looking for pads with wings. I realized later that maternity pads don't have wings.

sardonyx, you can try those shops like venus, CK etc. I am in AMK and both these shops got sell. But you can also just buy the normal pads too, don't really need the maternity ones.

littledotty, my edd mid may but also experiencing back pain, but mine more specifically on left side of back.. then when hubby help me massage, he said wa the left side like more swollen then the right side! hmm but after this long weekend, it seems better now. usually will hurt more when I sit down though hmm..

rabbitz:
I bgt both brands, hv recently tried each once. I prefer the smell of Klorane. Both effects almost the same to me. Of cos not as clean as regular washing. Slightly cleaner but maybe cos my hair wasn't tt greasy when i used them or maybe i din spray enough. Batiste is cheap ($6.90 @ Swanston) so no harm to buy and try out. I thot i can use on lazy days besides for confinement anyway hehe...

sardonyx:
I bgt mine (Kotex maternity adhesive), 1 pk from ntuc & 1 pk from Swanston. Cant remember how much but think it's between $6-$8. I also bgt the non-maternity long night pads (41cm & 38cm) w wings from Swanston.

Back