(2012/05) May 2012

snowy: I ship from US coz its only like USD$400+ on amazon but s'pore is like about $800 i think?

M_iNt: *hugz* hope your maid comes earlier so that you'll have extra help soon... I think you really need to rest... maybe consider taking ML earlier? like at 36 weeks... at least can get some rest too...

snowy: i also bought the US set.. the cheapest freestyle i found was $460.. need to add another $8 for delivery.. the only bad thing is no locaol warranty so need to pray it dont spoil! my sis been using her US set since nov and so far no prob..

m_int: its good to be prepared! you never know.. i think when BB come out.. your hubby will be able to feel the bond stronger..dont worry! i also forget things easily~ must not stress yourself else BB will feel the stress too.. *hugZ*

>> keiko
i also feel backache~ but more so when i stand..

>> pads
do we have to buy the maternity pads.. or normal overnight pad will suffice? i haven buy any yet!

yingzz: i bought 2 packets maternity with loop coz its the cheapest on shelf, and 2 packets with adhesive for maternity which is not so cheap but cheaper than normal, and 2 packets normal pads... coz normal pad more expensive and i think its good to keep changing especially if we got stitches...?

Thanks mummiEs for the advise
happy.gif

For mummies who get the US set do u join in the spree in the forum or do u purchase from amazon yourself ?
I am thinking of getting some stuff from drugstore for my relatives and myself , do I need a US address ? I am totally clueless ?? I'm worried about the shipping charges as my sister ever order from polo raulph Lauren using vpost and her shipping coat her a bomb ....
sad.gif

Kayla,
oic... i usually ask for morning appointment or one the last one in the morning before they close for lunch :p so waiting time prob around 30-40min. Not too bad and maybe i'm used to it! Is Dr. Tham's waiting time short?

M_int,
At 31w5d, my bb was about 1.77kg. Gynae commented that she is medium size and should be about 3-3.1kg full term. Maybe you try to eat more nutritious food so that they go to baby? Last visit i gain 2kg, then I started walking more the past 1 month and not have too many snacks with high carb in between food, eat more vegie and fruits - manage to cut down weight gain to 1.5kg with bb still medium size... :p If you are worried bb is too small, can try to eat durian?

btw - it's common for preg ladies to be more forgetful.. it's an excuse i use at times and tell people it's the hormones! don't stress yourself... happy thoughts
happy.gif

Arghh.. Constipation is kicking in.. I cant seem to have my usual mrng routine and now my tummy feels so full and urghh.. Any mummies with this problem? I think i wanna buy fybrogel liaozz

In hospital, they uses 2pcs of loop pad each time. That's y finish 1 pack so fast. I bring 35cm sofy nite pad, I din bled that much aft 1st day so it was gd enuff.

Abt bringing breast pump to hospital. So far I notice most not producing milk yet. But if u r lucky, it maybe gd idea to bring. Then u can pump out & ask the nursery to feed during nite time. Else they will push BB in every 3 hrs. Then u won't get much rest actually. Or else is opt for partial. Daytime u can try to bf, then nite time ask them to feed FM. Juz a suggestion.

I was pretty blur too. B4 I deliver, I also wash my boy uniform with his watch in his pocket! I rem I did chk. Luckily it's a cheap one, 2nd watch spoilt by me. Haha.

Good morning all! How have everyone been? really long time no come here....

congrats Baby Sean! EDD 1st May hur? heh. same as me..ur girl arrival's has reminded me that i am ready to pop anytime :p.. lolz.. still trying to clear work.. and would request for block MC after April 17.. let's see if can make it there.. lolz. first boy 2 days before EDD, 2nd boy induced one day after EDD.. this third boy.. ha.. god knows.
happy.gif

and i haven't thought of a name for him yet. have a sense of the chinese name. but the english name is soo difficult to think. run out of option liao ..

Where are all the earlier mummies?
happy.gif

Yingzz: can ask if this FB group is the same as the one which we had long ago?if yes, can i have the name of the group please? then i can go and request to be added to the group..
happy.gif

Thanks for advise, i gotta buy more pads! Inittially i thot hospital will provide the pads till we are discharged and we prepare the extras for going home. I am wondering how to wear 2 pads together, stack on top? Does this mean overflow will not leak from the side and will spill over to the bottom pad? Sofy overnight seem a good choice, at least it hv wings and can prevent side leakage. After so many months no menus, I kinda dread getting bleeding and all messy.

Is it true that women will stop having menses cramps after having baby? Does this apply to natural birth and c sec? But I hv few frens who continue to have bad menses cramps even after having baby. Hmmm.... Any idea?

astro, long time no see.. earlier mummies all in FB... you can PM me and I can add u all in the old group. There're 2 FB group now. old and new haha..

M_iNt, mine also 1.7 at 32wk. Gynae says ok size leh..

hello ladies, how is everyone doing! i had my week 35 check yesterday and baby is weighing in at 2.7kg. gynae says within normal range...but i'm thinking it sounds a bit big!

i am kinda hoping for a full term baby at <3.5kg so easier to push out.

I bought the normal kind of pads too, just that I bought the heavy flow instead of regular flow..

Olivia, your bb weight is at least 300g more than mine! ha..I also hope will have a easy delivery and I am firm on having no epidural..

I will be doing the swab next week too.. anyone doing it too?

my mummy says my tummy has dropped so I am keepig my fingers crossed, hopefully bb can tahan till 1st May to pop..my edd is supposed to be 8 May..

Jiayou everyone!

>> astro_pro
hello~ you can add me at [email protected] and i can add you into the new group.. it's secret so dont think you can find it.. we set up a new group as we dont know how to join the old group..

>> ayana
is the old fb group still active?? didnt know we still have people here from the earlier mummies :p

>> snowy
i buy my set from supplier who bring in bulk order.. this means they can split the shipping cost so it wont be overly expensive..

>> breast pump
am thinking not to bring so tt BB can latch on as much as possible.. what do you all think?

>> keiko
ah i see thanks thanks.. just wondering if the maternity pad with loop will be weird to wear.. think i wont be able to get use to it sia..

Erm sorry!! We have been chatting nonstop in FB that we stopped coming in!! U guys can PM me ur email address and I will try to add u into the old group.
happy.gif

Astro: how are u??? Miss talking to u!! We are all ok in the old FB group. Hahaha.

Babysean, congrats!!

hi All..
very strange the forum doesn't seem to be registering my posts.. i posted and i saw it came out.. and now it is gone again?.. ehhh..

anyway. congrats to baby sean. we shared the same EDD.. which reminds me any time now
happy.gif
my first boy waas 2 days before EDD, my 2nd boy is one day induced after EDD.. third one.. i dunno.. ha..lotsa of work not cleared yet..

Yingzz: can i know this FB group is the same as the one we had last time round? may i have the link please? i would go and request to be added..
happy.gif

Where are all the earlier mums?

Yingz, yes the old FB group still alive, very active ahh.. let me know if you want to be added =) paiseh cos only recently then I can add people into the group...

Wah biang.. got both old and new gps! :p
lolz..

how is everyone?
happy.gif

one call and both groups came up. LOLz.. :p

ok.. eh.. i Pm-ed both hor? old and new.. so piggywiggy and Yingzz ah?
is there any chance of merger? lolz.. :p

Astro, I do accept PM what. Weird. U ask Ayana to add u instead? Hehehe. That time wanted to add u but u nv contact us!! How's work? Still busy? U pursuing ur masters?

My c-sec date has been scheduled for 23 apr. sigh.

Ayana: M&amp;A?

Piggywiggy: cannot leh. i pm-ed u.. they said u dun accept pm.. yes still busy.. and i planned to take leave on April 17.. to stop the work from rolling in!!! lolz..
not yet.. thinking.. must plan my life .. ha..

wah.. so early.. 23 april planned C-section?

Ayana: i pm-ed you liao.. u see if u can find me.. else perhaps can request u do a seach for my nick --> Astro Pro

M&amp;A - Mergers n Acquisition ma haha..

For me, my boy's name is settled, english name la. Chinese one need to go calculate. But I could not think of a girl's name no matter. Was thinking of both gender's name so next time if got girl dun need to headache but until now, I still cannot find a name that I like for girls.

So, next time if mine is a girl, I will most prob let her have a chinese name only =)

lol will be good if we can merge the two FB groups since we are all May mummies! the new FB group is organising an outing on 19 Apr.. can get everyone to join (including mummies in the old FB grp) if they are free? Will be good to meet everyone!

>> ayana, can add me to the old FB group?
happy.gif
thanks!

Ya shld merge the 2 fb groups lor... No wonder i dun see the earlier mums. Tt time i din come in here often either so din know how to b added.

Ayana:
PM-ed u to add me pls...

Piggywiggy &amp; astro:
Great to see u again! But dunno if u remember me. Hahaha! I was looking for the 1st time mummies ard my age too.

yingzzz: I bought the loop one to put on top of the normal wings pad, so if its dirty ill just throw and change the loop one... the wings one is more secured i feel...

Anyone interested to take Organic Pregnancy Tea? I bought too many boxes and plan to sell 3boxes. Each box contains 16wrapped tea bags. Per box selling at S$12.

momo: i oso have serious constipation these few days.. can sit inside the toilet for more than 30 mins and still constipated. it's like rehearsal for giving birth, just that "push" the other canal only.. but of cos when it comes to delivery, the pain will be so much different..haha

snowy: u can go marketplace in this forum and search for agapebabies or megababystore. they do import US set for medela pumps at half the price that SG is selling, but cons is no local warranty. I got my 2nd hand medela PISA at $300 from a mum who used it for a month so..

anyone can recommend any place to buy cheap and comfortable nightgowns to wear during hospital stay?

no need to try and poo...I used to have constipation too..was like stuck..and no strength to push it out..now I don't try to push anymore...Until I have very strong urge then I go..now I poo once every 2 days..
could be I drink lotsa of water now.

Hi Mommies,

I have some brand new BUMWEAR prefolds for sale.

5 Premium white prefolds
5 Newborn unbleached prefolds
2 Snappies

6876383.jpg

Willing to sell them in a bundle @ $35 (including postage).

And a preloved post natal binder selling for $25 (used less than 5 times, 85% condition) It is a free size 3-piece velcro binder.
6876384.jpg

If you are interested in any of the items above, please pm or email me at [email protected]

olivia: my gynae didnt say..she didnt say I may pop early too, even though bb's head is beginning to be engaged..your gynae told you?
happy.gif
are you starting to see your gynae every week from now on?

As first time mummy, I think the other mummies are really supere mummies having to also look after your other kids while pregnant! Esp carrying them..

Hey mommies, sorry if I take forever to reply cos really, we are all chatting in the FB group. Very active there as Astro and Chocteddy can attest to it. Also in there are the 2nd and 3rd time experience mommies. If u want to join us just let Ayana know. Do introduce urself when u go in cos we are so used to each other now.
happy.gif

Chocteddy, yup I rem u. Welcome back to the grp. Haha.

Hmm maybe we shld just intro ourselves to the old FB group? And invite them to the apr 19 outing too?? Then we shld use the old FB as the main FB group? What do u all think??

Back