(2012/05) May 2012

Jane,

So did you manage to get your set yday ?

Ive put on 13kg so far and Im only in Week 31.
If this carries on till full term, I would be very heavy..hahaaha

Hey mummies, as I am typing this via Hp..I'm lying in kkh after emergency admission on Tuesday early morning 3am..

Started with a bout of diarrhea again like the last food poisoning incident..so I at first thought nothing much..took the medicine from Gynae the last round to stop the pains n diarrhea..but there were cramps from 730pm to 1am on n off throughout Monday plus continued feeling of want to shit till there were 2 pools of blood...which i think it's from the anus lar..

So dr tham is afraid of preterm labour n ask me to go kkh..then realized I had strong contractions..which I dunno wat was the cause..I think likely I'm suay to kena food poisoning again lor..

Anyway preterm labour estimated bill was so shocking to me..it was like 30-50k even in subsidized wards in kkh..cos if preterm at 7mths, they need to stay in icu for 2mths..

Luckily discharging tdy n will go back to dr tham for follow up..everyone in kkh is full of praise fr him when they heard I'm under him...

mummies, i heard from my dietitian that pregnancy weight gain is based on pre pregnancy BMI. my BMI was borderline high to start with hence nv put on weight. But i still cant help being worried. plus i have not so much appetitie.. half a bowl of rice and I am full liao..

any mummies oso feel the same thing?

how often should we be drinking the coconut?

momo_baby: i also using the iphone app 'My Pregnancy' which is from babycenter. it does show the estimated weight and length.

candymix: so meaning it's not pre-term labour for u? heng ah. maybe can ask dr tham to give you mc all the way til delivery. heehee.

Jazzlyne>> Yes I do feel cramps like once a day at the lower abdominal like menses cramp and it comes with backache .. but i'll b fine after less than a min or if i rest ..

Momo's baby >> No worry i guess, cuz mine is also 1.7kg at 32weeks ..

>> candymix: wah so scary.. take care and rest well!

>> braxton hicks
hmm i think so far i did not encounter any at all.. or maybe i did but confuse it thinking its my baby movement or kicks.. >_<

>> Jazzlyn
my colleague also commented tt my tummy is quite low too.. now i just feel tight stretch around the pelvic area.. so always feel walking very difficult and prefer to sit down.. also always feel like peeing but very little pee when i go toilet..

>> coconut
btw why should we be drinking coconut?

>> momobaby
my appetite was not very good at the start.. and feel very full and bloated after eating.. but now getting better le..

Anyone knows y tmc doc will ask us go kkh to check instead? Is it cos if complicated case, it's cheaper in kkh?

Anyway it's my first time admitted to hospital so it's really quite an experience..was admitted to labour ward, getting ready to deliver! Instead of gg to normal ward..it's like the full works so now I know wat to expect in 6-8wks time..

But hopefully tmc service will be better than kkh's..

>>> VT

finally had gotten my Avent set @ 6:30pm y'day
happy.gif

Avent girls apologized &amp; compensated me with extra x02 wet tissue (Huggies)

saw their smiley face, forgot to throw them my vent already hahahaa...

u are my saviour VT
happy.gif

>>> DolceVita

yes, got my item y'day
happy.gif

finally, saying bye-bye to TAKA this time...

i'm skinny type, didnt put on so much weight though.

before pregnancy = 49kg
once pregnant = 42kg (as i admitted to the hospital for a week)
now = 47kg

conclusion: do i gain 5kg OR loss 2kg in total?
happy.gif

candymix: for any complication, tmc will transfer the bb to kkh. that's what happen to my friend's boy. at birth discover got heart prob, immed send to kkh for op &amp; charge under pte patient. bill size was ard $50K i think.

janehon: wow, u have not gain bk the lost weight yet? i'm also 49kg b4 preggy and only aft 19wks then start to gain weight. now at 34wks is 54kg now. anyway, my gynae sort of hint me to eat more, i got his permission to stuff myself. haha. but i also tell him no appetite, how to eat more.

MomoBaby:
Dun worry too much abt baby's weight. Its an estimate with a VERY VERY BIG margin of error. Can be 1KG difference... And also dun worry too much abt your weight gain. There was a 10KG difference in my weight gain for my #1 and #2 but their difference in weight at birth is only like 200g &amp; that is more likely due to #2 being born at 37 weeks while #1 was 39 weeks. The amt you shld gain also depends on your pre-pregnancy size - gain more if underweight, gain less if overweight.

Jazzlyn:
Yes baby is moving downwards and hence, you will feel like peeing more often. Cramps are also common as long as its not contractions. See my post yesterday abt contractions.

Candymix:
Hope you are fine now. Yes food poisoning can affect the baby and bring abt preterm labour. So do take care. Dr Tham is well known and very popular in KK before he started his private practice. The bill size is expected to be that amount due to the long stay for baby in NICU and the expertise needed to help baby survive.

KKH is the most experienced hospital for birth complications and neonatal complications. They also have the required equipment which many other hospitals such as TMC are less equiped/have less experience with. Hence, other hospitals will transfer you &amp; baby to KKH if there are birth complications/neonatal complications. Put simply, they cannot handle so they have to pass you to someone who can.

>>> BabySean

... actually i've chazed back 5kg
happy.gif

like i said, i'm skinny type...
&amp; my gynae didnt instruct me to put on MORE weight

so, be it &amp; maintain a happy life.

*** McD &amp; roti prata = my favourite

Thanks fifi n the rest of the mummy.
Thought I am the onli one having such a feeling haahaa.

As to contraction, after reading it still dun reali get it. Maybe it's becoz I am first time mum to be. A bit blur blur :p

janehon: i guess maybe my gynae thot i deliberately eating less. heehee. as long as bb size is as expected, it's btr we dun gain so much. else very diff to shed aft deliver.

fifi: wow, 10kg diff btw ur #1 &amp; #2. for my #1, prev gynae din tell me what's the bb weight at each visit. i only recall at 39wks, he say bb is ard 3kg to 3.5kg. end up at 40wks, he's 3.78kg. so i'm also wondering how accurate the estimated weight is for my #2. hope she can be > 3kg at 38wks.

Jazzlyne:

Basically if its contractions, your tummy will be hard all round &amp; you will feel the tightening and pain. Stretching and relaxing does not make it disappear.

If its BH, you get tightening but no pain. Discomfort from tightening but its more of a I cannot breathe kind of feeling and not pain.

If its cramps, you get crampy pains here and there but no tightening. Your tummy is still "spongy".

BabySean: Yes I gained 20kg for #1. 10kg for #2. Lost all for both pregnancies.

>> janehon
yup going down later to get the set
happy.gif
Germaine said she will reserve one set for me if i go down by today~ good that you have gotten your set.. all thanks to VT! and wah you are still so light.. but yes the more impt thing is to maintain a happy state of mind
happy.gif

chipydale:

Avent: Sterilizer, Bottle &amp; Food Warmer, 2 x 125ml bottle, 3 x 260ml bottle, Silicone soothers, hooded blanket, baby wipes @ 188 (U.P: 322.60)

FYI, the bundle for Pigeon: Sterilizer, Bottle and Food Warmer, Sponge Brush, Silicon Pacifier, 2 Nipple cleansing brush, 200ml liquid cleanser, 240ml wide neck bottle, 2 x 160ml wide neck bottle, baby wipes @ $188 (U.P 283.80)

hi mummies, how's everyone doing so far? I'm going for my gynae appt this sat.. hopefully bb will grow bigger (gynae said my bb on the smaller side during my last visit few weeks ago and had to take more blood tests)..

not sure if it's just me or the weather.. i've been feeling hot like all the time now.. even after shower.. dunno whether it's cos of 3rd trimester thats why it's normal to feel hot now.. just thinking how i am going to tahan confinement if now already like perspiring.. and v hot (even though can shower now)..

>>> yingzz

i found extra goods inside the sterilizer:
x1 bottle (4oz) c/w teat
x1 pacifier

silicone soother = comes in x2 pcs
feeding bottle = x6 nos. in total

My bb gave me a scare just now.
For the whole of this morning, I didnt quite feel any movement at all. Was worried but dun wana be too paranoid.
*my colleague had experience whereby her bb stop moving when she is just a month away from delivery*

Usually he will move after lunch, so I monitor and after lunch, still didnt move.
I bought bubble tea and hope the sweet cold drink would wake him up and keep juggling my tummy and talk to him...
Finally can feel him move !!!!!!!!...
Phew..really give myself and my husband a scare !!!
Wanted to rush to gynae clinic if he still didnt move after the cold sweet drink and the juggle.
My gynae apptm was suppose to be tonite but i couldnt wait if he really didnt move...

But since then also not much movement, guess this is his sleepy day ?!...

janehon/mummu_baby2008: i can perspire with aircon too... but office maybe after a while i stop perspiring but still feel warm... sometimes mrt also v hot..

dolcevita: what a scare! rem to ask ur gynae tonite, c what's his advise on this.

newbie2012: i think quite common for us to feel hotter now. so u gotten the blood test results? dun worry so much. this happen to my ex-colleague whereby the diagnonsis was her placenta not functioning gd enuff. that's y bb not growing much. during 3rd trimester, her gynae monitor her on a wkly basis. same thing happen to both her pregancy, so her kids were delivered much earlier and were below 2.5kg at birth. but now also healthy 8 &amp; 7 yrs old.

>>> DolceVita

are u saying, by cold drinking can awake our baby?
wow... how cool
happy.gif

normally i'll chuck my stomach if i feel to communicate with my baby

i experienced once, where my baby doesn't move at all from morning till late evening... went to my gynae @ 9pm.
during the scanning, my baby posed his head &amp; waived his hand towards us... OMG~~~ hahahaa
happy.gif

keep your mindset positively, our babies are very smart... they could feel our brain.

dolcevita: ya i will be worried too if i were you! now i will touch my tummy to feel for bb movement every now and then.. my gynae told me to count bb movement every day and must be at least 10 times otherwise go straight to delivery ward..

babysean: nope not yet.. need at least 14 days to get the results according to the nurse cos' they need to send the blood to NUH to test.. and i have to take 5 blood tests.. i will know the results when i see my gynae this sat.. keeping fingers crossed! i already spent $550 on the blood tests.. hopefully no need to spend anymore money liao.. bb havent come out already spent alot of money.. when bb out, i think every month got certain amount of money to spend like diapers, milk powder, etc.. my bb was abt 1.5kg at 31 weeks..

>> janehon
ooh got more goodies! that's good.. i think the 'extra' bottle comes with the warmer :p haha ur baby so cute.. still wave at you! :p

>> newbie2012
yup i am feeling the heat too.. been tying up my hair.. also keep the fan on at night.. (i dont like aircon)..

>>> yingzz

yup, now i got x8 nos. of Avent feeding bottle + Medela x7 nos. of storage bottle
happy.gif

since u dont like to have aircon, just curious how are u gonna stay during your confinement?

to cool myself, i cut my hair short every month
happy.gif

Jane,

Yeah I was browsing the web to keep my mind off from the paranoid thoughts and they say to worry only if these two methods dun wake bb 1) drink sweet cold drink, like Orange juice 2) Juggle the tummy..hahahaha...
But your bb is so cute ! waving at you when you have been so worried

Yeah must rem to ask my gynae tonight...but such a relief that its only a scare and my bb is sleeping too soundly.

Think my bb will take revenge by waking me up from my sound sleep when he is out...hahahahahah...

My mum is doing my confinement for me and she abides the rule of NO aircon during confinement.
Since this might be the last confinement, she gona make sure I do a good one, means NO aircon, NO fan blowing direct, NO short sleeve/shorts PJ - only long sleeve n pants allowed...
Not so looking fwd to confinement though =P

>> confinement
i will just live with no aircon and hopefully the heat is bearable with fan.. my mum is also doing confinement for me and she say NO washing of hair! I dont know how I can live with that >_<

Momo's Baby: Like you, I get full very easily. Buffets don't work for me:p I am 30 weeks now and have also only gained 7kg and my baby weighed 1.3kg at 28weeks. I was very concerned with this in the beginning but Dr Tham assured me that most, if not all the nutrients that I put in in body is being absorbed by baby. My other babies were all born small, approx 2.8kg so not so worried at this point right now.

Candymix: Oh dear. Hope everything is ok now. And as per what the other mummies said, KKH has the most well-equipped NICU and priorities are given to their patients which means, if your baby has any complications but delivered in another hospital, they have the right to refuse admission esp since their NICU can get full.

If you are having preterm delivery, KKH will automatically put you in a C-class ward so that your baby will be billed accordingly. This is so that you can keep the costs down, esp if your baby has to stay in the NICU (and SCN after). That is unless you request for a higher class ward.

My twins were born 29 weeks and stayed for about 3 months each and their bills came up to almost 100K. Even with Medisave, it was not enough.

Dolcevita: It's true sometimes we drive ourselves paranoid. Monitor the movements the following day and if still nothing, then you should go to the doctor
happy.gif
Usually for me, I will rub my tummy and talk to her and get light movements or hiccups back.

Shermine: Thanks! Didn't know the round ligament was so painful. The round ligament pain i used to get wasnt so bad before and cos it was on and off, was afraid it was contractions. But all's ok now so not worried anymore.

Yingzz,

My mum allow bathing everyday but only with hot herb water.
Washing of hair is allowed once a week and must blow dry immediately.
Try to bargain with your mum to let you wash once a week ? which is only 4 times in the confinement period.
Otherwise May is a pretty hot month and washing hair will help keep our sanity esp when we might be struggling with milk supply etc...

Yingz - rgds to drinking coconut juice. Heard tat baby come out will be much cleaner
happy.gif
but I feel more to cool us down due to now we are like walking oven sooo hot n heaty.

Anyone experience heaty till nose bleed? My nose bled slightly...not to the extend of blood dripping down.

Jazzlyne: my nose bleed only when I try to clean it. Initially was thinking whether it is a cause for concern but later realised it's normal.

>> DolceVita
The sad thing is i got a sis who just gave birth and she follows the no washing hair rule very strictly o_0 so i got no bargaining power.. my sis did pass me her dry shampoo though but not sure how much it will help..

>>Jazzlyne
Thanks! After reading your post, i imagined a 白白胖胖 (white and fat) baby.. with no blood.. haha~ shall start drinking coconut! at first i thought cant drink cos in Chinese term its very cooling.. hmm i didnt get any nosebleed..

no need to be so worried about baby weight, the weight gain might start later
happy.gif
My baby weighed 1.3kg at around 32 weeks.... and I gained more then 10 kg liao
happy.gif

Anyway, my older boy gained 1 kg in just one months towards the end, so I guess just wait

Fifi: thanks for the info... but very desperate to color my hair actually.. coz wana look good for my maternity shoot... so dilemma... :/

BabySean: mine girl is 32 weeks and 2kg, Dr Tham is not happy about it... he says caucasian is fine, too big for asian... :/ ask me to eat lesser thou I'm already losing weight.. i wish Dr Tham will ask me to eat more... my appetite as good as ever throughout the whole pregnancy... so good that it gives me GDM -_-"

Jazzlyne: i have the same feeling as you, every time i turn in bed, i wana pee... and my aunty in school says my tummy very low, shld be delivering in these 2 weeks... make me wana freak out! 2 weeks later I'm only week 34!!

Candymix: thank God for you!! please rest well and don't anyhow eat the wrong things now...

DolceVita: i experienced that too... i was wearing the tummy support and i think it was so tight that baby no space to kick.. haha.. after i removed it, baby kicked vigorously many hours later.. but yeah... always go to the gynae.. safe is better than sorry...

newbie: yeah... you will feel warmer now... i always feel warm even in air con room too..

my in law also says only can bath in the herb water... but I'm the one bathing and i sure need more than a tub of water... so who knows what i do in the shower? LOL! anyway its my mum doing confinement... thank God she don't know much and not particular.. haha... but i believe that all the mothers just want the best for us... so just bear with it... bathing is a must thou.. imagine breastfeed and we are so smelly... think baby don't want to be near sticky and sweaty us.. haha...

Mummies! I'm discharged yeah..thanks for yr well wishes..
Feeling rather weak now..

I heard coconut water can take only when nearer to delivery..not now otherwise so cooling will lead to preterm?

Oh kkh got right of refusal for complicated cases transferring from other hospital? Nv knew that..

Keiko, think I will be same as u..I'm now 30 wks, baby is 1.85kg..though I didn't gain weight in the last mth cos of food poisoning twice..

Think when I'm gg fr my followup in 2 wks time, dr tham will sure nag at me..the last round I lost 0.4kg n baby gained 0.3kg instead, he already tell me to control which is not up to me right? Sigh..

Do bear in mind tat coconut water can drink in third trimester but not excessive. Once every one or two weeks...till we pop. Tat wat I heard from my MIL but I havn't got time to go buy
sad.gif

Keiko- ya sure freak ppl out. My aunt did comment tat my tummy is low but she onli tell me not to shop nxt mth coz u never noe when it pop nxt mth :p I was like okies, going to shop till I drop tis 2 wkend haahaa

candymix: glad to know you are discharged. rest well at hm ah.

keikowoo: how i envy those who have gd appetite. breakfast and lunch i can still manage normal portion. but dinner time, i can't even finish half portion. and i dun snack too. all i can say is my hb very lucky, coz i dun have any food cravings. heehee. juz tahan for a few more wks and try to eat healthy snacks when u r hungry.

nosebled: i also nosebled on a daily basis, sigh. not dripping type of coz, also when i try to clean it. now slightly btr, volume not as much as earlier mths. for my 1st kid, i also nosebled. end up, he also start to nosebled b4 he turns 1 yr old!

confinement: i'm those who cannot stand it w/o aircon or showering. heehee. furthermore, it should be one of the hottest mth when we r doing our confinement! i did try the herbal bath, find it a bit disgusting. somehow juz dun feel clean afterwards.

BH: last nite, tummy tighten and can feel bb kicking all at the same time. so painful. lasted for a few hrs. heng morning wake up feeling normal. but juz now act smart, go and use leg to shift coffee table, end up now like pull the ligament in btw the thighs. can't walk properly now, very painful.

Went to gynae last nite and he said to monitor that bb move at least 10 counts a day.

He checked, and heartbeat is normal, fluid is very much enough, the bloodflow in the cord is also normal.
But he say to play safe n to monitor, if anything wrong, to go to him.

Baby head is now on top but he say no concern as now only 31 weeks, still have ample time to turn down.

My next apptm is now 2 weeks later instead of 3 previously

hi mummies! how's everyone feeling today? just realised it's around 1 more week to April.. which we gotta standby our "hospital bag" (at least 1 month before EDD).. and i havent bought all my stuff yet.. check with you, what kind of night gowns did you all get? the button on top and dress all the way down kind or 2-piece (long sleeve shirt and long pants)? where did you all buy? i need to buy them v soon so that i can pack my hospital bag early April..

Back