(2012/05) May 2012

Des, I went around at Imm only for half a day and sort of randomly asked for quotations from 4 designers.. the other 2 I sourced through a website. Think you can google 'icompare home renovation' - there's like a number of companies listed there. You can list down your requirements, budget etc, and they can get back to you. They will go to your place to see and quote you. One of the renovators from Imm that I think is quite experienced is G planners. They renovated my parents' place about 4 years ago and I think they did quite a good job. Also, when the designer came to see our place to quote us, he was one of the very few who was more proactive to suggest ideas and also to foresee possible bottlenecks or problems, and how to overcome them. So I think he's more experienced among those I've found. As for price wise, I'm not so sure as I'm still waiting for his quotations.. The designer's name is Kenny and his no. is 96834411.

Gaining weight.. i've put on about 3+ kg the last I measured at 17 weeks. heh.. Doc didn't mention anything about my weight. I've a high BMI to begin with - 29.. so i'm glad i'm not really going overboard with the weight gain so far! But I really hope to stay this way, and by the look of it, it seems really tough! Been getting so hungry so frequently these few days.

Des - soup doesn't give you a lot of calories leh.. are you talking about the chinese kinda soup? It's just water and meat and veg boiled together... shouldn't be much of a concern right? I make sure I take away as much fats and all the skin of the chicken before i boil it..
I keep making myself chicken soup haha, partly cos of the flu as well, making for the whole family.. everyone's come down with flu...
As for fried stuff, yep, i guess should avoid. We should choose how we pile up the calories wisely...

After my vegetarian beehoon bfast, I had 3 slices of pizza for lunch! (veg pizza too, conincidentally - bought the ntuc housebrand but made in italy n really not bad!!) Then just now a bit hungry again and had a big bowl of chicken soup... how....!! now hungry still leh... help!!

Hi mommies to be...

Long time since i come in and post... lately was really bz with work till i m going crazy i guess... think i m too tired... Wow so many mommies stay in the east i staying at bedok also... ahhaha

Food intake:
No sure y everytime i eat i feel like the food got stuck at my throat so i dun really feel like eating much... Once a week i will go back to my inlaw place to eat... OMG they really cook alot of food... and i m very stress going back there... 1)becos alot of food.. see liao i dun feel like eating my in law will nag nag nag...
2) becos i dun eat alot they keep saying i m weak and this and that ... i even more no mood...
Now i very very very scared to go back there... if i go back i got to act as if i m very strong.. driving mi crazy...

Hi Lyn, oh dear... can your hubby defend you in this? For me, in the past, my father in law used to cook for himself, and when he offered to make me stuff, i'd always decline. (Truth is the food he makes is usually either fried or very oily and just not to my liking.) So I can understand... even with my own mom, 99% of the time i like her food but 100% of the time she cooks too much, but that's not cos i'm pregnant - she's always been this way! My whole family's used to her always insisting that we eat more.. For a 6pax meal, she can make 6-7 huge plates of food, so that round abouts to like 1 plate of food per pax ie. fish, meat, seafood, veg etc etc.. Crazy right. Plus soup! But for my own mom, sort of easier to reject..
Then again, for my FIL, i just rejected cos i really don't like his food! But i guess if it's my hubby's aunts e.g. during cny etc, then a bit harder, but then again, that's only like once a year, so it's okay.
Anyways now it's me cooking for my FIL and he gobbles up everything i make!! Haha..

Is it possible for your hubby to sort of explain to her privately to not get at you for not having appetite? poor thing.. i personally hate to eat when 'forced', and i think i just won't be able to down the food..

Re: Gender,

Thanks mummies.. Ya.. But there's still a change 30%.. haa..

i realised tat even if its a girl i oso happy la.. haa.. Cuz wen doc say girl i oso happy.. haa.. den he say boy... i like oh... ok lo.. same la.. haa.. in fact abit disappoint when i hear boy.. haa.. maybe i wnated a girl more now.. haa... =D

Re: Lumps,
i ask dr ang regarding this... and he refused to see it leh.. i was shock.. he said he doesn;t wan to commit himself into this.. So meaning he jus do pregnancy and stuffs.. psp mear.. others dun have?? But i tot gynae should oso include this..

I was kinda disappointed by how he rejected me straight into my face la.. He suggest i go GP or he can recommend other doc to me..

Anyway, i'm really kinda worried!! So i might be going to do some ultrasound lo.. any gyane u gals noe got do breast check? Or should i call hospital and make appointment to check? haiz...

Hmm, Vanilla, I wonder why the gynae didn't check. My previous gynae proactively asked me if I feel my breasts regularly for lumps etc...
As for the current one, when i mentioned to him about the lumps thingy he just told me not to worry cos something about the milk ducts..

As for you, I thought I personally won't be too worried, cos I thought it's quite normal cos of the milk ducts thingy.. but I guess if something is troubling you, then perhaps you should just go and get it checked to ease your mind
happy.gif

Re: nubs
I used the nub theory, and it seems to be a boy. i shall confirm next friday! hehe!

Re
: weight gain
I put on about 4kg since week 4. the weight gain was slow, about 1 kg over the last 4 weeks. nothing to complain cos i wasnt cutting back on food! hehe

Re: Contractor
Mine was a fuss-free one and raelly thank him for that. I bought a 25 year old 5room and tore everything apart, and put back up. cost 38K. He doesnt provide those 3d drawings, but uses hand drawn. I am comfy with that cos 3D drawing usu end up v different. if u like, can call him Alan 98892008. Say recommended by 117 bukit batok. Since his handover in March this year, 5 of my frens/relatives/colleagues have used him and recommended. I think cos he approachable and not niao3.

Today lazy to go to work, now waitin gfor hub to be back!

Oh! my gf gave birth to a whooping 4.08kg girl! *beams*

rosegal, ya... i was shock that he said he didn't want to commit himself into these kinda stuffs.. Like he might give wrong info.. He said he have frens, doc fren la.. commit emselves into these stuffs den dunno wat..

So he dun wan.. Say later he tell me nothing den become breast cancer.. den i was like -_-''' wah lao.. inside me was "CHOY CHOY CHOY!!!!" At the same time disappointed la... At least u should have checked and then do ultrasound den tell me u not confirm den can refer me to other doc or as me go find doc and double confirm or wat..

He din even like tell me lumps are common in pregnancy things like tat.. he say he wun comment somting like tat.. haiz.. Like i suddenly felt so helpless la... =(

But i google la.. Not very likely tat breast cancer will be during pregnancy.. i dunno leh.. still worried... But lumps are quite common during pregnancy.. Cuz the might be due to e fats increase den blockage etc.. water lumps..

Even if lump oso night be Fibroadenoma(乳房纤维瘤).. happens to age 20-40 de woman.. =)

I hope its jus blockage... fatty cells.. =)

Re:Gyane,
I rmb someone asking if we were seeing the same gyane rite? Mine is Dr Lawrence Ang from Sun Plaza... =)

Re: Weigh Gain,
I gain abt 4.6kg till now.. During e 1st trimester my weight gain is scary la.. but now not so le.. From my last visit to gyane weight 76.8kg now is 77.6kg, so only abt 800g weight gain..

14/9 - 73.8kg
28/9 - 75.8kg
4/10 - 76.8kg
18/10 - 76kg
3/11 - 76.8kg
2/12 - 77.6kg

So the 1s trimester is really scary la... haa

Moment, i also getting a 4rm of 94sqm, it should be alright for me,hb and bb... guess will be a bit squeezy for you with 3 kids too... i would think whether you looking for the space or having extra cash ba.
Nowadays the new flats are really a bit cramp and i always remember my US colleagues mentioned we are not living in houses but just pigeon holes! Gosh...

Rosegal, thanks for the information .... will try to contact him after my trip...

Weight-gain, haha me too also started off with a high BMI, so i can always understand why my gynea is so up-tight on this and worried i will have a big bb, very tiring too... so i better take note of my diet...and not piling unnecessary calories
sad.gif

As for soup, gynea also say those double boiled soup has a lot of nutrients and very rich, so a small bowl is good enough each day..
oh ya do take care... now the flu bug is on, we have to stay healthy n drink lots of water to keep them away.

Lyn... i can also understand how you feel... its really a negative appetite when you see so much food overwhelming and you know they will expect to finish up the food... me staying with them at the moment, so i try to "run" away for at least 2 weekdays and 1 weekend...

Vanilla,think u better go and seek a GP opinion first and dun delay since you are worried??

Now my Hubby is like insist to get 5room instead of exec. Cos he said later gt to pay 800-900 for 30 or 25yrs which HR don wan. He said he afraid later one day if I not working will be burden for us. He said if we get 5room at least pay 500 per mth the most at least happen to be I not working he still can afford.. So also dunno loh. I hope is to get extra room for him is to get extra space so also dunno how

rosegal - sure the hunger feeling is not heartburn? Ur 1st tri did u get tt heartburn feeling? For me, I m careful of wat I eat tt mite cause heartburn, which can feel like hunger pangs. I avoid fried or oily food n acidic foods etc. I really hate it cos I gotta figure out whether to eat food or eat gaviscon! But if it's really ur appetite then maybe it's a good thing

Mil food I dun like to eat... Think she see me eat so little when she cook she oso fed up. Hahaha!

chocteddy - i thought heartburn feeling is at the throat and it's uncomfortable? I didn't really have heartburn in first tri - just a lot of gas/burping from like indigestion.. and could eat but nothing like now.. Mine is tummy rumbling,i think i'm hungry la... just woke up to pee and now hungry again...like tummy very empty kinda feeling.. ha... is it good?? i guess better than MS, but really scary! I never felt this hungry even when i was at puberty! haha.

Yip - thanks for info on contractor..
happy.gif
think for now i shall stick to my shortlisted 2 liaoz
See if your predictions come true next week!! So exciting
happy.gif

Vanilla - sounds like your doc might have had a previous bad experience with a patient or something..or really traumatised by his doc friend who had such an experience.. he sounds so defensive! i can imagine you must've felt lost at that point! I also faced a similar situation before so can understand how you feel... guess at this point if it bugs you in that you wonder and worry, then perhaps it's best you clarify once n for all to ease your mind..

Des- yar, been drinking water like crazy camel! dble boiled soup rich in nutrients? that's interesting.. maybe it's very 'bu'?? Calories wise, can't think of any, except from the protein of the meat.. esp if we keep it fat free..

Moment - I guess it's gd to thresh things out to see which alternative is best... i guess many times it's thru discussions that we find a solution ba..?
happy.gif

question - anyone has strange neck ache? when i tilt my head (facing front), but tilted downwards towards my left/right shoulders, they hurt! And it's been a week or so liaoz... sianz. I went for a 20min neck/shoulder once and it was completely gone! But the pain came back after like a few hours.. and i didn't tell that masseue i was pregnant (not sure if she could tell) cos it's not my regular one... hiaz.. howz... the ache is super irritating... i already have stiff shoulders to begin with..... i tried to change pillow but doesn't seem to help. thankfully normal day to day chores do not require me to tilt my head this way... just very uncomfortable...

rosegal - lucky u, got no ms... Mine was so bad tt I lost 5kg. Heartburn was a major cause due to acid reflux. Cannot stand alot of smells, cannot eat, kept vomiting... Lucky by abt week 14 it was much better.
Yes I got neckache too! Which is either a cause or result of a major headache. Keep asking hubby to massage but wishing I cld buy the osim ucozy... I tried at their roadshow n felt so relived after tt. Even rite now it's affecting me...

Morning all..

Seems there are quite a few mummies not feeling well... here's wishing a speedy recovery for all mummies who are sick... I think our body's immune system is lower than usual during preg hence easier to get sick... I'm still sick even after 4 days rest which is irritating me... usually 1-2 days rest will work...
sad.gif

re:bb gender,
congrats to all for knowing the bb's gender. My next appt is next Thurs - hoping bb will cooperate and we'll get to know the gender
happy.gif

re:weight gain,
during first trimester, my weight remains stagnant... up till now i think at most gain 1kg which i find a bit strange coz i thought i've been eating more i.e. need to eat something around brunch time and tea time in addition to the usual 3 meals. could not really remember how much weight gain i had for #1.

Moment - I moved from a 5-room (136sqm) to a 4-room (104sqm)! Haha.. so I really felt the difference!! So if you ever move to a exec, it may be handle for you to adjust to a much smaller unit in future! For yours, I guess 5-room or 4-room doesn’t matter since the difference in size is quite small… Of cos 4 room will have more rebates, etc, depending on your finances.
happy.gif
Also, I agree that we should always consider that what if one of us is not working, will we be able to afford to pay the monthly installments based on 1 income.
happy.gif

Vanilla, I recently went for a full medical checkup, sponsored by my company, and did an ultra breast scan. So if you really want the contact, just let me know.
happy.gif

Des, my designer, as mentioned was from Weiken. Mine was a 21-year old house, so, I tore down everything, and re-build too. All of it. From bedrooms, to kitchen, to toilets, and feature walls for living area, etc. I seal up 1 bedroom, and created another opening for my son’s room to my master room. Master room will have a bath tub (cos I’m so used to having one..), and kitchen will have the usual built-in cabinets, island top, etc. Total cost is $50k. But my designer did a lot of “free” things that he didn’t charge me too…

Re: weight gain..
I’ve lost 4 kg in 1st trimester, not sure if I’ve gained any back yet. Haven’t weigh myself! Haha.

Felicia> thanks for the link, so helpful.. after seeing my scan, den I realise why Dr Ang say not confirmed, cos the nub really not easy to see and beanie is not lying flat... like tilted slightly side way... but I see liao I also dun noe kekeke, like boy and like girl... still have to wait for my 20th week scan den can confirmed HOPEFULLY... 2 weeks more... cannot tahan liao..

Vanilla> congratz to your boy boy... so happy for you... Dr Ang so direct to your enquiry ah, like not so "guan xin" hor... a bit mean lah I feel, make me worry also...

Weight Gain> I never monitor my weight lei, still have the thinking "nevermind lah, want eat just eat, for the baby too, no need to worry about the weight... deliver liao den worry kekekke".. my last check up, the nurse was like must control ah... think from last check up I gain about total 5 kg liao lei, now 18 weeks le... a lot mah 5 kg?

Apartment size> mine is executive apartment so got one more study room... but I staying with MIL and brother-in-law mah, very crowded so need a bigger unit... now with the extra study room, we might turn it into a bed room for the maid when she arrives next year... if not maybe turn into BB playroom... for a couple and a kid (even with 2 kids also alright), I feel 5 room is sufficient...

Vanilla,
I m really surprise that ur gynea refuse to even do a simple check on ur breast when u raise ur concern. Ask u see a GP? Ur gynea should be more experience than a GP on such things isnt?Anyway, u mentioned about visible veins and lumps on breasts, these are pretty normal during pregnancy. Having said that, u know urself better. Do see a doc if u are really worried k.

Re: weight gain
I haven't gain back my 3kg lost during my 1st tri! Good thing is, I m maintaining my weight for now. And bb is 170g.

Re: bb gender
Bb very cooperative, wide open legs during the scan. Mine is a bb boy!
happy.gif

Re: weekday gathering
Oh vanilla, u not joining us for next fri dinner? Sorry, I didn't log in here for a long while. Don't worry, I can help to arrange this time round.

Calling!! kaylin, sad sad, FieDa, Dreamymi, desdes, micteo, piggywiggy, eunicekoh

So 9 dec, 7pm at paragon din tai feng ya! I just called them, unfortunately, they dun allow me to make reservation tat day. Ask me to go there an hr earlier to take queue no!! Zzzz... It's okay la, I will go there first to take queue no and than go shopping. Will ask them to call me when my no is upz. I will put a note to them tat our table is under Qinyi. No problem ya? Any more ladies wanna join us?

Re: Weekday Gathering @ Din Tai Feng
Qinyi, Congrats to knowing its a boy !

Noted on the dinner arrangements. See u mummies there. Guess will be easy for us to recognise each other as all pregnant mummies. Then prob will attract some attraction as whole table all pregnant mummies.

Re: Baby Gender
Just got a call from gynae clinic on my amnio results. Clear of down syndrome. Confirmed its a gal ! So I have 2 gals ! Though I thought 1 girl and 1 boy will be more balance but guess its fated ! Gender not for us to control.... depends on husband's. HB still very happy la... cos now my #1 gal is at the age that will "young oh" daddy..... Every morning and night also wanna kiss daddy......

Moment,
Maybe you can look out for those 5 rooms flat that are slightly more than 10 years old, the floor area is almost 10% bigger. I'm staying in a resale 5 room flat that is 12 years old, have stayed in it for 5.5 years. Floor area is 120sqm, some of my neighbours' units are 123 sqm with a small study room. It's really spacious cos I only have 3 bedrooms and the ex owner hacked the balcony, so my girl's playmat and play yard are placed at the balcony area and that's her play corner. I realize the smaller the unit, the higher the COV so do view more units before committing. Think I viewed more than 60 units over a few months, but the moment I stepped into my unit, I told my hubby die die must get this, regardless of the price lol! So first feel is very important.
happy.gif

By the way, one method to shorten your HDB loan period and cut the interest rate is to have lump sum repayment through CPF. Every year, hubby and I will go to HDB branch office and empty our CPF ordinary account, cos I realized the interest charged per month is one third of our monthly installment, very scary. Through this lump sum repayment method, we will fully pay off our HDB loan in 3 years time, and really save a lot on interest and insurance every year, so perhaps you can consider this method.
happy.gif

Din Tai Fung Gathering

Wow my fav restaurant! But my MIL comes over to my place evy Fri night and hubby gotta send her back after that so think can't join you mummies, hopefully at the next gathering?
happy.gif

Vanilla,

Dr Ang is considered good and cheap only if you have a normal pregnancy and delivery. Any complications, he is really not the gynae to go to cos like what I said, he has too many patients so he is not the meticulous type. If you are really worried, do check out if there are any gynaes you can visit and if you haven sign up for the package then yu may wanna think twice. My colleague had both her kids under Dr Ang but when she kept having miscarriages after that , she found Dr Ang no good. Quite a few of my colleagues all go to Dr Ang, and they are satisfied with his service cos their pregnancies were without much complications. Anyway dun worry too much, unless the lump is permanently there and kinda hard then do go for further consultations. By the way, I think yours should be boy, Dr Ang is very experienced, he can somehow determine the gender by looking at the shape of the foetus, that was what happened to me the last time round.
happy.gif

Vanilla

That's how Dr Ang is. During my first preg, I had bad ligaments pains and he asked me to visit a ortho.
End up, I google most of the info online.

Don't worry too much!

Thanks mummies!! =D

I mean i dun mind to keep to Dr Ang, like crystalline mention, cheap and good.. haa.. I already paid all le.. So considered as package signed!! haa.. I dun mind sticking to him cuz i find tat he really not bad la.. Tho his chop chop style can be improved.. But like u said his patient too many le.,. Cant spent much time wif every patient.. But i'm jus kinda shock la.. Cuz i expect he do a normal scan.. and maybe transfer me to other doc or wat..

But hubby said he got say if the lump is not pain and not growing then it is alright.. Which i didn't heard la.. apparently.. lol

Ya, i really have to agree Dr Ang is like tat.. haiz.. Maybe its 1st pregnancy la.. Den I expect my gyane to be more concern.. haa.. U noe.. very princess now.. lol.. =P

Re: Gender,
When he say girl or boy but he nv show me how does it looks like.. lol.. He jus point his finger at one place.. but i see nothing.. LOL... But nvm la.. Detail scan i can see more.. haa..

Anyway, i keep looking at the scan i got.. Like its so amazing la.. haa.. Bb growing inside me.. haa.. can see the head hands moving.. haa..

I bought a Doppler.. Can listen to bb heartbeat le lo... SInce i dun have much symptoms... haa..

Re:Lumps,
I'll discuss wif hubby.. jus trying to keep myself from thking the bad side... haiz...

Qinyi, thanks for helping me.. Ya, i cant go.. have something to attend to... I'll email you their contacts then you can get to contact them... =D THANK YOU!!! *relieved*

Vanilla, congrats on having a boy!!! ;) too bad you cant join us on Friday... But I guess we will sure hv another gathering soon! Hehe!

Qinyi, sorry I can't be there earlier, gotta wait for hubby to be back to take over my girl before I can leave house... If not I could meet u up first... Can't wait to see u girls on Friday!

Vanilla,
Hehe during my first pregnancy I was also a bit sian of Dr Ang's service, thought gynae will show a lot of concern but in the end not at all. First time mummies is like that, want people to sayang, 2nd time onwards bochup already lol. I haven bought anything for my baby yet, will use most of #1's stuffs, dun feel kancheng at all keke. Your appt with Dr Ang is so fast, mine next Wed, will take package then. Anyway Dr Ang is considered cheap cos his package starts from first visit, total $500 or $550 is it? Most gynaes packages start from week 20 so will cost at least a few hundred bucks more, whereas some gynaes don't offer packages at all. His delivery charges are also cheaper, I compared with my friends who visit a female gynae whose clinic is at TMC, their cash outlay was a few hundred more than mine, exactly same procedures. So we save some money also can't complain too much right? Hehehe. ;)

Crystalline, Haa.. Ya.. Like u said.. 1st time mom ma.. Haa.. See tv see alot ma.. Like e doc will explain to u.. Bb head where.. Hand where.. Leg where.. Haa..

The package increase price le.. Used to be 550.. Now is 570 le:: plus GST will be 610.. Haa..

Compare to all other Gynae in tmc.. I thk he nd dr Adrain is e cheapest and consider good de le.. Haa.. If money is not of a concern I'll choose other Gyane who will show more concern la.. Haa.. But too bad.: maybe no.2 will have tis luxury.. Haa..

一分钱,一分货.. Haa.. That's for sure.. Haa... =D

Micteo, thanks.. Haa.. But only 70% confirm.. Another 4 weeks to my detail scan then everything ok!!! =D Haa... By then really can start doing some shopping le.. Haa...

Vaniila,

I'm like u even when now #2 still prefer a Gynae who sayang me. That's why when I decided to change Gynae , those chop chop Gynae don't suit me . Think Dr Lawrence Ang & Dr Adrian Woodsworth belongs to this category. Haha.

Lumps :
Try massaging as often as u can. I try the milk ducts are preparing for production , I keep having sore breast too . Don't worry too much .

Kayla, ya lo.. They both belong to those super chop chop de la.. Haa.. But due to financial Constrain.. I'll jus have to bear wif it for no.1 Haa.. No choice..

No.2 if got money den I go beta one.. Haa.. Those will explain every scan to me.. Haa.. But come to say.. Dr Ang and dr Adrain so many patient if they dun chop chop, I thk see till tml e patient oso haven finish la.. Haa.. =D

Re:Lumps,
I thk I'll monitor for awhile see how.. Massage everyday and see if it goes away.. I read online tat lumps during pregnancy is ok.. Read one tat said if it is painful means got immflamation.. Something like tat.. So will
Monitor awhile first lo.. Like a few weeks.. Den see if it's still there.. Haa..

And I thk my breast r getting bigger till when I lie down I felt so hard to breath.. Like my chest so heavy la.. No good.. Felt like I'm gonna have heart attack.. Can't breath la... The chest area always felt so heavy and hard to breath.. =[

Vanilla,

Actually i think my package only $100 more than yours nia. $600 from week 12. Then he quite nice, I actually visit him when I am week 12/13 then 1st visit already considermpackage and din charge me 1st time consultation fee. Then package can claim partial from medisave ma.... so I am not really very bother. I switch from my female gygae becos she was getting too popular and waiting time over 1 hr or more. No patient this round as with #1 around, time always not enough. lol

Btw who helping u look baby after next time?

Breasts heavy........ Its normal only depends earlier or later....you should have ample supply of milk... then u must not be lazy to pump 2-3 hrs regularly. Else reeally will have engorgement. I had that before and breast like stone like that. Damn hard. Hubby massaging for me , my tears keep rolling down. So painful.

Kayla, oh.. U started going at 12/13 weeks.. But before yay of I go the money I already paid can offset e package? For my side is start from 1st visit, 4weeks, I can offset from the package and pay watever balance left.. Haa.. U noe la.. 1st time mon how to wait till 12/13 weeks den to see.. Lol.. Once tested positive already made appt Liao lo.. Muahahahaha.. =D

I din noe tis package can partially claim medisave leh.. Cuz I'm self employed oso not much medisave.. I'll be using my mom's medisave.. Haa..

As for who's looking aft my kid. I thk I myself leh.. Haa.. At least for e time begin.. When bb is bigger i'll let my mom tc.. But lucky My mom is own biz. Bookshop Aunty in sec sch.. So when bb is older she can bring to sch oso.. So I no worries.. But younger I scare bookshop too dirty.. Tho it's clean for adult la.. But younger infants.. I scare.. Haa..

As for heavy breast.. Haiz.. Last night I felt so hard to breath.. Like its nv enough oxygen to my lungs.. I had to breath very hard take very deep and big breath den felt enough oxygen,, a few times I wanna go into sleep le but suddenly awake cuz I wasn't breathing in and sort of like wake up n breath so hard.. Until once is really suddenly I wake up n grasp for air.. Scare e hell out of me la.. I so scare I nv gonna wait up.. Hope it's not I became paranoid..
sad.gif

But anyway, I was sleeping flat.. And I sleep higher abit.. Den sleep up made me feel better.. Dun have e not enough air problem but heavy cheat still applies.. Haa..so I slept throughout e night.. Haa.. Scary feeling...

My breast feels sore only on e nipple part but not very sore kind.. Breast itself a little bit only.. Like u need to press or massage or squeeze den can feel e sore.. If not wun feel it...

Anyway, for those 2/3 mummies who gave birth at tmc. E hospitalization bills u all have to pay straight cash wait for medisave reimbursement or upon discharge they already straight away deduct from medisave and we jus pay e balance? Kindly advise so we can prepare the money.. Cuz I tot we only need to pay for the balance in cash..

How much deposit we have to pay when we admit to the hospital?

Calling for mummies who are seeing dr Ang, u all paid e package already still need to pay deposit? I was ask to pay deposit which I was very puzzle.. I tot taking up e package is consider as giving e deposit le? I rmb tats wat dr Ang said.. I still have to pay deposit for the delivery fee package?

Vanilla,
Oh your Gynae can offset the fees u already paid upon taking package at week 12? Then it's really cheap ah. But too far also for me as I'm at bt batok la. TMC nearer... Then I need Gynae sayang type . Haha. Also scare this round labour too fast and prefer doc clinic in TMC itself . Else later end up deliver by mid-wife instead. Haha.

Delivery at TMC :
I can't rem if I have to pay deposit at Gynae side. That day I took out my bill to check, deposit upon admission is $800 can be via cash/ credit card. Then the medisave portion is already done when I discharge . Then I paid $1.5k cash (include $800 deposit) for 2 bedded , natural delivery without epi. Quite exp lor. As Gynae delivery fee exp .... That's in 2009. I think I paid by Credit card installments.

Hope it helps.

Kayla, ya.. Can offset.. Haa.. So I really thk cheap.. I understand other is package only starts at 16weeks den infront I go de checkup become like ex for e package.. I mean add up la.. Haa..

U straight away op for 2 bedded or got a free upgrade? Cuz tat day I heard a lady in e clinic said to a patient tat we will be having free upgrade to 2bedded but charge 4bedded price..

How much in total u paid? I was told if natural w/o epi will be ard 3.5k and less.. Approx 2.4-2.6k can be claim from medisave. The rest cash..

Wah.. Can still pay by credit card installment ar? Lol.. Interest free? Lol.. =D

Wah.. U good la.. No need epi.. I hope I Dun need to use epi lo.. So expensive la.. Haiz... I thk use epi is one price den ask e Epi doc to come in is another price? Is it across e board all same price or e price of e epi doc depends on ur Gyane?

Vanilla,

Think it's better to sleep on your side. I read that it's better to sleep on our left side during pregnancy cos that's where the heart is. Can't remember what is the logic but anyway I sleep on my left most of the time cos will face hubby ma haha. Later when the tummy becomes bigger, it will be very difficult to sleep on your back le.

Dr Ang definitely gives you free upgrade to 2 bedder when you choose the 4 bedder option and he said can get the newer rooms. That was how he tried to psycho me to choose TMC but my hubby hates TMC parking so no choice lol. I remember Dr Ang telling me 4 bedder with free upgrade needed to pay 1k cash but I can't remember whether it's with epi or not. You've to see whether you are the high pain threshold type or easily kancheong type, before you decide whether to take epi. By the way, if you are dilated 6cm and above you cant take epi, so if you decide you want epi, can administer when you are few cm dilated. If you decide later you can't tahan the pain, it will be too late to take epi. I opted for epi straight, but upon admission I was about 3-4 cm dilated le, so just nice. Don't start epi too early too cos dunno how long you will take to pop and the pain is not that bad la. Think price difference for epi and no epi is $400-500. Discuss with your hubby, mine insisted I take epi cos he said no pt torturing myself since there are modern pain relief methods and dun wanna hear me screaming like crazy in delivery ward.

That early morning when I delivered, there was another mummy in the next ward, think she din take epi and was screaming her lungs out. When I heard I felt very scared too haha. I didn't scream at all cos not much pain though dosage of epi was very low (Dr Ang will ask for low dosage as he prefers natural delivery) , so didn't feel tired and the nurses joked with me saying that I didn't look like I just delivered cos still looked fresh lol.

So will still use epi this time round, dun believe in old wives tales of backache blah blah cos I dun have backache. My colleague who went through natural without epi had backache cos she kept bending to change diapers during confinement, so dun worry about side effects. But if it's cost issue then see if you can tahan, quite a few of my frens went through without epi, most said it was painful but still ok, only a few said it was nightmare.

Vanilla,
The cash part must pay upon admission, by credit card or cash. I asked my hubby, he said he paid 2k upon admission (mine single ward), and nurses told him need to to top up later on if emergency C sect or any complications arise.

Later on in your 7th or 8th month, you can check with Dr Ang how much to pay exactly, he will explain to you how much cash outlay. That time I asked him the price difference between single and double ward and he patiently explained and wrote on a pc of paper too.
happy.gif

Vanilla, agree with Crystalline... Dr Ang will give u free upgrade to 2beded while u pay for 4beded price... And he encourage natural birth, I remember the last time he kept telling me about the side effect of epi.. etc etc.. Haha! But I no choice cos baby was in breech position.. So gotta c-sect..
happy.gif

Hi all,
This is my 4th pregnancy but 5th child. Am currently in my 15th week and seeing Benjamin Tham at TMC.

Btw, best to sleep on your left side to get oxygen to the baby
happy.gif

Sasha, Wah... 4th pregnancy 5th child!! Salute!! Respect!! Haa..

Okok.. Noted.. So muz sleep left side.. But wouldn't sleeping on left side make the heart pumping even more job? Cuz like putting alot of weight on the heart den still need to pump...

Sasha wah den u old ginger here liao... salute you too =)

btw, any MTBs practice the "clearing or unclogging" of our duct at the nipple there.. I heard that regular "unclogging" of the duct will able to help prevent engorgement after we deliver lei... anyone knows or heard about this or have been "unclogging" your nipple all this while... I want to "unclogg", scare of the engorgement, but am not sure how to do it...

Yes, my 2nd pregnancy was a pair of twin boys.

Sleeping on the left side actually improves circulation to the heart which improves blood flow, and therefore nutrients to the placenta. It also helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body, which in turn reduces swelling in your ankles, feet and hands.

Avoid sleeping on your back especially in the later months because the weight of your uterus lies on the spine, back muscles, intestines and major blood vessels. This can lead to muscle aches and pains, hemorrhoids and impaired circulation, which can get uncomfortable and can reduce circulation to your baby. It can also lower your blood pressure, causing dizziness. On the other hand, it can increase blood pressure for some.

As for the 'unclogging', never done that before at all. I only had engorgement with my 4th one but was easily treated wt cabbage leaves.

Hi mommies.. me sick enough to go to the doc.. mc tmr cos i have been waking up at 3+am every night to cough.. damn annoying! i feel so exhausted too.. my upper abdominal muscles cough until cramped liao.. so sore..

Vanilla, what Sasha says is right, slp on ur left is the best. ur heart can take all the extra work but if u slp on ur back ur uterus weigh down on major veins and arteries, therefore restricting ur circulation. as for Dr Ang's comments, as u mentioned, u really pay for what u get lor.. these gynaes dun charge as much as others but the sheer number of patients they see make up for charging lower fees. i really dun think u shd worry abt ur boobs.
happy.gif
if not, u could always walk into a polyclinic and see if they can arrange something for u since budget is a concern.

Stobelli, yeah u shd remove those white head thingy from ur boobs, as and when u see an accumulation. but when u start to bf, sometimes a film of milk will accumulate at the nipple.. happens to me aft each pump as ur body heat dries the milk up pretty quickly. this can cause blockage so i make sure i clean it away aft each pump.

Guess what, i have started to get braxton hicks contraction! urgh.. so early!

Hi ladies,
Very long never post liao coz Going back to work very bz!
Back from a short holiday trip to Hanoi with my hubby and parents-in-laws... Kena diarrhoea, vomiting and fever on my 2nd last day there... Worse thing is, they dun sell charcoal pills and isotonic drinks there! The doc in hospital gave me smecta which doesnt help at all... Went to O&G when back to get a drip, took charcoal pills... Now stomach still pain on n off, still have diarrhoea but not that bad liao. Comapred to more than 25x when in Hanoi! Scary ordeal for me... Lucky bb is fine...

Oh dear, poor Sunflower! Do take care! Thank goodness you and bb are safe n fine
happy.gif

Piggy - oh dear, sounds terrible - pls rest more!! Just use the mc and rest as much as possible!

yay - i'm going on the cruise tmw!
happy.gif
Finally get to enjoy some time with dh
happy.gif
We're bringing a load of home &decor mags which a friend lent us, haha... can do some research while enjoying the cruise!

Wah - must list down all the stuff i ate today:
Bfast - souperlicious: one caesar salad & a half soup
Lunch - (v hungry) - economical rice at fd court - 2 veg n 1 meat, and a mango dessert
Teatime- (hungry again) - 1.75 sticks of Old chang kee squid (dh could finish his share and passed me his)
Dinner - 'Fu Lin' Yong Tau foo..
Wah... really feel like a pig lor...

Vanilla,

The total bill is $3.3K , CPF Deductions is 1.8K so cash is $1.5K upon discharged.

I booked for 4 bedded but I didnt get free upgrade to 2 bedded so I pay for the upgrade. Cos I check in at lunch time and i guess there were many 4 beds available at that time.

Dunno why pple say under Dr Ang guarantee can get upgrade. Can double standards ? Btw I was told recently TMC converted many rooms from 2 beds to 4 beds. Is it true ? Can any mummies verify ? If really true then no more free upgrade le.

The credit card installment is interest free la. lol

Reg Epi, I am not very high pain threshold type la. Just can told u I am the "accidental hero" cos I thought need to wait for gynae to come then can ask for epi. So i "ren" lor.... then labour was short and when my gynae reach, then she say already cant epi cos more than 6 cm dilated already. Then 2 pushes , my gal swam out.... All i can say is pain is bearable la.... but reallly depends on how fast can dilate.

morning mommies!
How are the second tri coming along?

Wah i saw Aug 10 thread! So happy! cos it means we are away from first tri!

Today my tummy feel super bursting! =(
Which makes me feel guilty that i haven buy Clarins Oil! =X

Does anyone have pasty-like shit? i have been having that for the last few days. but maybe only once or twice i shit a day, so not the diarrhoea kind.

sunflower:take care girls!thankfully baby ok
happy.gif

piggy:what!!start so early!now only 18 weeks at most right?does it happen at night or all the time?i just printed my thesis!!!yayy!

ran the 750m kids dash with my boy yesterday @standchart, he had so much fun!
happy.gif
hehee, can't wait for him to join me in runs next time1!WOOT!

piggy, hope u r alright le.. i've seen a GP le but he say he oso cannot tell me wat is it.. jus say milk ducts like too early.. He say he can arrange an ultrasound for me if i wan.. But i thk i'll massage everyday monitor and see if it grows or wat for a few weeks lo..

braxton hicks contraction!?? wah.. i tot tat one is fake de contraction.. how come so early? i tot last trimester den will hjave?

Sunflower, hope u r feeling ok le..

Re: Sleep on side,
I tried to sleep on my left side but i always woek up on my back leh.. haa... den these few days i felt my back hurts.. boobs behind de back.. haa.. dunno is it too heavy le den sleep on my back.. too much stress..

Kayla, So $3.3k is 2 bedded price? I rmb i was told buy dr ang it will be 2bedded and i heard e aunty told 1 of e mummy tat price will be 4bedded but given free upgrade to 2bedded,, maybe his patient alot den can bring money to tmc tats y tmc give him such offer? haa..

Haa.. i heard walking helps.. fast labour.. perhaps we should walk mroe during our last trimester or starts from now.. haa..

Re: Baby name,
Since alot of us noe gender liao.. u guys thk of e name already? mine is like 70% boy, we have tot of a name for him le.. And if it is a gal.. name is already ready for her liao lo.. haa.. So excited!! Cant wait for 30th Dec to come!!! =D

Back