(2012/05) May 2012

Vanilla, i'm getting the black pants M and the kahaki shorts M.

Hope i can fit into them!

Still nd to email you:?

FieDa, yaya.. To prevent miscommunication and even miss out orders.. haa.. u noe la.. Preggy woman very forgetful de.. haa..

Jus indicate how many quantity u like at the qunatity column jiu OK!! =D

Brandnew MY BRESTFRIEND PILLOW letting go at $60
email me for pic.

AVENT single electric breastpump $150
- lightly used for 2 weeks (giving up due low supply)
- throw in brandnew unopened 6pcs breast pad - washable 
2 sets breast shells

[email protected]

ayana, i asked e seller le.. They say cant measure.. Or perhaps they jus lazy to measure... haiz..

micteo, haa.. flea sometimes very tiring de.. esp now preggy.. i used to do at ecp!! wah.. e hot sun can kill la... den my sis say wanna do ecp for e xmas de.. i said dun wan...

I rmb when tat time i'm in my 2WW, i still go flea carry so heavy bags full of clothes la.. haa.. Din really thk muz cuz nv tot of so fast strike.. haa.. Cuz i was on clomid for 1st cycle.. haa... lukcy me.. lucky beanie!! =D

If i do flea now, thk my poor sis gotta carry lots of heavy stuffs liao la.. haa.. Since i preggy den i'll do more online work.. haa.. Den she do more offline work... hard work for her.. keke.. =D

Devlina,
By 20th Nov.. That the closing date for the orders..

I'm finding more clothes.. haa.. I'll try my best to find nice and cheap one.. some are nice but its ex almost same price as those in the maternity store le.. Den it defeat the purpose le rite.. haa...

I'll update soon.. =D

Dime - since you asked, i just randomly checked for birds' nest soup recipes - this one seems like it's got a lot of recipes... can read for fun...
http://www.longchuenbirdsnest.com/recipe_clearsimmerednest.htm

For me, my mom used to just make dble boiled chicken soup with birds nest for me when i was a kid cos i was asthmatic... i think she basically dble boiled the chicken soup with a bit of ginger, and added presoaked birds nest. I prefer more savoury foods than sweet... that's why i was thinking of this...

The recipes in the link above look a bit cheem... a lot of ingredients.. so i think when the time comes i might just go to the herbal shop to get the birds' nest n dble confirm the simple recipe with the staff there.. they should know how to deal with the ingredient..
happy.gif

Wah - can you believe i was so hungry i downed 2 boiled potatoes!! And i normally don't like potatoes haha... just had them with mayo n a bit of dijon mustard... no gherkins to make it better haha... just super hungry!

now no mood to make dinner liao - not hungry! lol

Just realised the link i sent also has useful info under the faq tab on how to prepare/soak diff kinds of birds nest! quite useful...

Hi mommies!

Vanilla, just a word of friendly caution here. u are actually not allowed to do biz in the thread. the moderators can ban u from the forum. my advice is for u to set up a thread in the BP section.
happy.gif

Dime, long time no see!! where did u go?? abt the list of fish, the truth is none of us will actually eat that much of fish to reach the critical level, unless u have salmon sashimi everyday for every meal.
happy.gif
one or 2 servings of those fish per week are fine. Also the source of fish sold to America is not the same sold here so the list don't really apply to S'pore.

As to Vanilla's question abt what fish has the best DHA content: ironically the fattier the fish (mackerel, salmon, tuna) the richer the DHA, but also the higher the pollutant loads in them.
happy.gif

Re: herbs and birdnest
I have started.. MIL makes it for me on alternate weeks so i just drink.. but only started aft i cleared my Oscar. she made a big pot so i shared it with my hb. My mom will also make for me.. haha.. i m a lucky gal :p

Rosegal, my MS also haven't subsided.. not as pukey but if my tummy is empty i feel really bad. plus i literally see stars! feel very lightheaded...

Hello mummies!! I haven't really had time to log in..was really busy at work n otherwise exhausted..MS Is ok but still very very tired..

Astro: I dun mind the bb photo shoot, they r cute!! But hor quite ex right? I know my colleague paid around 600-800 plus for her family toddler ps..gosh..but Kelly mentioned the bb must be within 2wks, dunno can cope anot..first few wks must be amok right??

Re: tonics
I hope can start soon but more importantly to regain energy leh..really quite unproductive these wks..lucky budget cycle is over!

Vanilla: oh my god, hope yr bruise is better. Must we take so much blood? I'm also the kind who will orh cheh after poking..

Am turning 12wks soon like yip! Gg to see beanie n do Oscar on sat, wish me luck!

Hi May mummies,

I'm new to this thread and a first time mum. I've updated my details as per vanilla's spreadsheet
happy.gif

Looking forward to read all your sharings, great tips for first time mum. Please keep them flowing.

I'm with TMC, gynea is Dr Eunice Chua and EDD is 31 May 2012. My second appt to see little cute beanie is next Mon 14 Nov, scheduled to do Oscar scan as well. So exciting and really counting down the days...

Piggy, oh.. Is it.. I dunno leh.. Okok.. Noted.. Heng ar.. Haa.. Anyway, where is bp section? Thanks for letting me noe!!!

piggy - haiz, same here, ms not really disappeared... in fact i just puked out a bit of dinner just now
sad.gif
ah well...

but i've had my first taste of coffee in months!! decaf of cuz... just like 1/5 of a cup... heh :p... hb saw me in distress after puking and asked if i wanted a drink... and i had just been craving decaf coffee :p

oh ya, piggy, if you cannot tahan hunger, a packet of crackers really help... bring them wherever you go.. have a packet in your bag when you're on the go... i think it helps... or an apple or fruit
happy.gif

Hi mommies,
I have quite alot of maternity and breastfeeding clothings to let go at low price. i'm located in Sengkang. Any mommies interested, can drop by to try out and take your pick. Baby stuffs like accesories, sterilizer, playpen, pram, stroller toys, swing etc... are available too.
Interested, pls cal or sms 91451454 to arrange

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I have the below items to let go.

1. Brand new set of Avent 125ml/ 4oz milk bottles (2 bottles) to let go at $23.

6271729.jpg

2. 2 sets of brand new Avent 260ml/ 9oz milk bottles to let go at $31.

6271730.jpg

Self collection at Tiong Bahru/ Harbourfront MRT. Please email me at [email protected]

Morning mummies,

I'm 12 weeks today. Yay! Finally into 2nd trimester already. Checked with my gynae during my last visit n he says 2nd trimester starts from 12 weeks. So I can officially announce about my pregnancy Liao.
I've gotten my Oscar results n it's low risk. So thank god everything is fine n baby is good.

Re: bird nest
I'm also going to start eating bird nest already. Not so lucky to have MIL or mom cook for me. So I just buy those bottled ones lor. Hehe. Still nice though not as concentrated.

Re: energy level
Dun worry ladies. It will be better in the 2nd trimester. It's the honeymoon period before tummy gets bigger n heavier. Slowly energy level will come bk.

My MS seems much much better already. In fact I went for buffet on Sunday n Monday. Haha. Eat until feel so fat lor. Tummy starting to show a bit I think.

morning mummies!

hi piggywiggy! so nice someone remember me! hehe
happy.gif
ya actually i very paranoid due to my previous experience lor. so i wanna wait til my 12 week check clear then really start to believe i pregnant. does that make sense? as for the fish, i oso dun really follow coz i hardly take fish
sad.gif
i'm a bad mummy hahah i take dha easier. but thanks for clarifying!
happy.gif
and wah your mum really good! she made for your #1 too?

xin2>> congrats on your good oscar result!
happy.gif
the bottled ones can take over a few days or must finish at one go? i must say, is really much more convenient lo. wah buffet! shiok! but we now like many things cannot eat right
sad.gif

rosegal>> thanks for the link! but hor.. like so mafan hahaha i ftwm, hard to do leh (is juz an excuse lah, actualyl i v lazy one :p)

hey mummies, oh yah regarding oily fish...my gynae quite kiasu, make me eat when i was only around 7-8 wks..but im quite grateful for that lar..cos i read from babycenter that the brain growing faster during wk 10 and then the network (called synapses) within the brain develops..

actually eat more fish will help in this esp oily fish but funnily i seldom eat fish now, not sure why..hopefully this will change..my mom said eating fish during preggy is gd for bb..makes them strong n healthy..

Morning ladies! Am on mc today. Caught the flu bug from my hb...
sad.gif

Last Fri when for my gyne appt. Saw bb @ 12 weeks 6 days abt 6.37cm. Growing well! And my gyne was more excited than me to know the gender so we did a scan. And we saw somethg poking out btw the legs. Dont want to confirm yet till I get back my amnio result. LOL! Got to ren not to go shopping yet!

heh, dime, no la, it's true, if you are a ftwm, very hard to cook ... it's only because i sah, and i happen to love to cook, so i'm more interested in all these stuff...
if you ask me to clean the house, i will surely say i'm busy one :p
anyway i suspect actually birds' nest is just extra protein, not sure what are really the health properties... but just take cos i really love it with chicken soup :p (got chance to pamper myself then why not right :p)

<font color="0000ff">Dear all,

We are having a pre Christmas sale from now till 20 November and bra extenders @ 3% discount!

Authentic Edison chopsticks from Korea @ 15% + 8% discount. Price range from $8.50 each.

Pororo toothbrushes @ $5 each or $9 for 2 pieces. A pair of same design @ $8.30 per pair.

Thomas training cup holders @ $9 each or $17.50 for 2 pieces.

Last 2 earphone wallet to clear @ $8.50 (usual $4.90 each)

Bags section clearing @ 30% off and normal postage is dependent on weight of bag.

BStrings normal are clearing @ $23.50 each or $45 for basic set or $65 for complete set.

More discount will be updated this weekend!

View them @ www.allaboutzu.com! </font>

Chloie,
U already done your amino ? U did it at which week? I was told must be done at 14-18weeks.
How was the experience ? Is Gynae the one who does the procedure ?

U went straight to amino or Oscar result not good ?

Kayla> Nope. Have not done my amnio yet. Will go back to my gyne in 3 weeks time then from there then we see how is bb's growth. If everything is fine then will proceed to make appt date for amnio. My gyne's partner will be doing the procedure.
I will do amnio straight cos of my 1st girl was diagnosed with tri 18 so this time round, we dont want to take the risk so opt for amnio straight as the accuracy is so much higher. Of cos there is a risk so will have to wait till about week 17 then do the test.

thread stopped in october! mummies all been busy?
i passed my first trimester w minimum weight gain, if not my gynae will nag nag nag. baby took alot of nutrients from me i think, i had a whole bowl of thunder tea rice last night and snacked alot. thanks bb for absorbing!

i went for my scan today, baby is 70.50mm, 13w2d but i count should be 13w. so cute! was stretching turning and sucking thumb. managed to count fingers toes and identify basic facial features. very very excited. doc measure NT she say reading looks normal.but my oscars result isnt back up yet so....lets hope for good news.

hai so sian, can u believe, is only midweek?? and its a short week this week some more. how come time can crawl so slowly? haha

congrats beebeemer! so cute sucking thumb hehe

candymix> yup 12 weeks some can see gender liao, but this stage gynea still cannot really cfm. but my sis 2 boys were spotted at about 12w, then after that next check gynea will cfm yes boys

rosegal> so nice to be sah, i planned to be sahm after #1 but hubby say cannot
sad.gif
now maybe after #2? heheh

dime: this fellow on my fb say 13w cannot see fingers, im irritated! i couldnt be seeing things right, was counting both fingers and toes this morning. its pretty obvious thats 4 fingers what!

beebeemer, so good.. can see e fingers and toes.. i cant get to see mine.. my gyane always like scan and see e whole size nia.. so sad... haiz...

envy envy.. ur scna always so near de.. can see detail of bb... mine always far far de.... =(

anywya, eveyrtime u all go got how many scan back ar?

Hello!!

Beebeemer, yay! Congrats on the gd NT results. I saw all the digits on my baby's hands when I was 12 wks 3 days along lor. Ur fren is a dodo. I went to see the webby he posted. It clearly states that at week 13, digits are already formed. He blinded or what? Duh.

Dime, of cos I rem u. U were so active then u disappeared lor. Haha. I only eat certain fish too, cooked in a certain why. I also prefer to take DHA pills. My gynae gave me the 1000mg types!! Bleah.

Vanilla, I'm using my phone to surf. Trust that u managed to get a thread listed?? Need to pay $25 per week if I'm not wrong.

beebeemer> I think from week 11 can see that the fingers are seperated liao lor. that friend of yours got somethg wrong with him isit. later i go shot him back. u breathe in &amp; out. dont need to get angry over such person's remark.

VaNiLLa> Tell your gyne to zoom in? My gyne always zoom in. If small small how to see clearly? Like last week, she zoom in to see heart, brain, eyes, nose...

piggy, no la.. i post it in the sell thread.. Cuz i oso wanna buy ma.. den is like ask if anyone wanna order together ma.. not really consider as buz ba.. =P

Chloie, haa.. but my gynae is those very chop chop de leh... next time i try and see how.. lol.. =D

wow, this thread sure move very fast! Finally into 12w.. hehe..
happy.gif

Tks Vanilla for coordinating the meetup! Wkends r usually family time for me though.. n Wkdays i'm wkg.. so kinda tough for me to turn up if it's wkend w/o kids &amp; hb.. anyway i will try my best to be there once your date is firm up ya..

Another suggestion would be to do a mini-xmas get-together &amp; celebration whereby it includes all daddies &amp; kids also?? At least there is something to look forward to &amp; the daddies can also get to 'know' each other :p

If the people who are going are very few perhaps we can really include hubby and kids le.. haa.. Like tat more fun.. e more e merrier.. keke.. =D

Mummies, are we forgetting this already? Kindly vote for which day of the gathering you can make it before the dates pls... If not i do so much like wasted le.. Cuz no reply.. keke.. =P Looking forward to meet all mummies.... =D

Faster vote faster vote!! =D

VOTE !

Weekday
25th Nov, Fri
1) qinyi
2) sadsad

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2) kaylin
3) sadsad

Weekend
26th Nov, Sat
1) rosegal
2)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4)

If the people who are going are very few perhaps we can really include hubby and kids le.. haa.. Like tat more fun.. e more e merrier.. keke.. =D

Mummies, are we forgetting this already? Kindly vote for which day of the gathering you can make it before the dates pls... If not i do so much like wasted le.. Cuz no reply.. keke.. =P Looking forward to meet all mummies.... =D

Faster vote faster vote!! =D

VOTE !

Weekday
25th Nov, Fri
1) qinyi
2) sadsad

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2) kaylin
3) sadsad
4) FieDa
Weekend
26th Nov, Sat
1) rosegal
2)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4)

Tummy shoot :

Vanilla &amp; Zara, I can't rem how much I paid but I guess I might have the receipt lying around . Now I check web price is $248 for package including makeup and hair do. I took it when I am abt 35-36 weeks when expecting #1. If your tummy really big then prob 30-32 weeks ba. Else effect not so good. Then now must start apply Oil to tummy faithfully . Else got stretch marks . Wahahaa.

Here's the link :
http://artbeaute.com/maternity.htm

candy, i was told by my cousins and auntie not to eat stingyray.. and esp sambal chilli.. Maybe e 1st 3 months like tat.. but i alreayd dunno eat how much chilli liao lo.. They oso say sun eat chilli la.. but i'm a chilli lover.. how to dun eat.. haiz.. =(

Anyway, i thk my shoe getting abit tight leh.. when walking start to feel abit like e skin brushing agasint e shoe liao... pain.. haa.. time to get new shoes!! =D

Just done my Oscar test today at thomson, but only can get d result on Monday during my visit to doc clinic .. Sienz... Hope everything go fine...

Zara, dr chan was my gynae during my 1st pregnancy, he very prof, good stiching skill. But hooor.. He very concern abt d weight, keep nagging me to keep fit, what a suffer when I was cravy wit nasi lemak every morning.. Haha...overall he is good and friendly, and dun forget he got 3d/4d machine. I felt very excited on every visit as I can see how my baby doing inside... Hehehe...

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Lamaze Spin &amp; Explore Garden Gym @ $15
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder &amp; Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen, thanks!
happy.gif

Dime,

Bird nest is considered cooling leh, so eating too much at one go is not very advisable for pregnant mummies. Moreover I read that the body won't be able to absorb so much nutrients at one go, which is why I stagger the intake.
happy.gif

Btw was it you who added me in FB? Jun?

Candymix,

Try not to eat too much stingray, Chinese believe that stingray is very 'poisonous' so better dun eat too much, a little should be okay.
happy.gif

Vanilla, actually by right u aren't allowed to advertise even if u wanna buy it urself. it is consider spam.
happy.gif
if u are making a profit or u know the seller, then it is def not allowed even in the Want to Sell thread. U can only post in the bulk purchase thread. I know of mommies that got banned just becos they were trying to sell some small items away. so be careful. deal through email best.

Beebeemer, i posted for u liao.. hahah.. dodo leh ur fren. ignore him ba...

Candymix, i feel that having a bit of stingray is fine.. everything in moderation lor.
happy.gif

Rosegal, no leh, crackers dun help.. i feel like puking even more.. i need something that is really tasty.. crackers are too plain.. bleah.. today i felt really horrible.. was craving for GREEN CHILLI so had vegeterian beehoon for breakfast. aft that was really bad. can't finish lunch or dinner!!

Oh ya, i went to Spring over the wkend to buy maternity clothes.. so ex man!!! $180 for 2 pairs of shorts, one pants and one top! no more clothes for me liao!

Eh any of u encountered ppl touching ur tummy? i kena liao!! i HATE it!! it was the same for my first preg.. MIL couldn't stop touching my tummy!!! ARGH!! in the end i told the person off for touching me!! i said u are not touching the baby, u are MOLESTNG MEEEEE!!

piggy, ok.. noted... Will try to thk of a way.. =D

wah..touch tummy ar.. i dun mind la.. but see who lo.. haa.. my friends who noe will like ask can i touch ur tummy? ask me will i be able to feel their movement.. things like tat..

But i jus let em touch lo.. they touch oso like 2 sec.. haa.. but they always touch my upper tummy which is my fats and i'll tell em bb not here, bb is lower.. here.. haa.. =D

Back