(2012/05) May 2012

I've told my parents and in laws, my mum and mil told both sides grandparents, aunts and uncles, the ironic thing is, they are the ones who reminded me not to tell others. Haha!

Re: tummy
I also can feel my tummy stretching, started using palmers too. Hmm... After what you ladies said about clarins, I'm so tempted to get it too.

30012011: me boobs feel bigger and fuller but not sore.. abit don like the part after giving birth, cup size got up 2 x machiam target for d.o.m. but of course, bigger better, lol. more milk....but after bf, hope boobs don shrink too much!

Wah everynbody like very relax. sometimes, i don remb i'm preg lei.. lol. am i still in denial?

i've told my parents and my sis since i go to their place almost daily to pick my son but havent told inlaws and office yet...

zara, wah, then the time u supposed to be at europe u will be on leave at home ah? so shiok!
happy.gif

im supposed to bring my boy to osaka USJ next cny. i can say bye bye to sitting all the rides!!
sad.gif

what r u all goin to be getting at the metro sale? me still more preoccupied with #1 since his bday next month....

Wow MM6J, you must be bz x 2 with your no. 1. Hard on u, pls take care ya!

Haiz. I think I read too much things and starts to get worried for nth. Hope next week quickly come so that I know my baby is safe inside me. Finally understand what is 天下父母心。

have a great evening mummies and rem to eat healthily oki!

Hi ladies, can I just ask, was ur husbands asked to leave the ultra sound scan rooms when they had to do the vaginal scan to scan the uterus for the foetus???

I am so upset that they asked my husband to leave! =`( WHy is it such a stupid policy? pls someone help.

Im gng back in 3 weeks to do another scan and dun want my husband to be asked to leave when they have to do a vaginal scan...

If it's a policy that cannot be changed, anyone know of other hospitals that allow their husbands in for support?

Im so pissed! pls help...=`(

Sandy, do you mean during your gynae visit? Usually my gynae will perform vaginal scan while my hubby wait behind the curtain first. Once he got the image of foetus on screen, then he will be ask to come forward.

Yes our first gynae visit after we found out we're preggers, we've been seeing my gynae for e a few months prior for regular checks..My gynae dun do the scans, it's the AMC which does it. so im also puzzled...i duno how things work at KK.

we were in the AMC (antenatal something something, where they do their scans of the bbs.

He was asked to leave and locked out of the room.=`( I asked the tech how come, she just repeated husbands not allowed w/o an explanatio. stupid right? didn't even call him back in to come an see the scree, which i felt my husband was so eager to.. so Im so upset and bummed.he didn't get the see it live except for the printed pictures that came after.

good thin is only the gest sac and yolk that can be seen, no Hb yet.. in 3 weeks, Im sure we'l be able to see soemthing and I will make a huge scene if he's locked out again. I want to experience this w my husband.. and not alone on the bed w the stupid tech who is so cold and not even warm... so upset...=`(

My sis who was from thomson partner was allowed at all times.. so she was wondering why husbands not allowed in to share the moment...=`(

Well Sandy, if u are uncomfy, change ur gynae. i mean u can't blame the nurses if this is the policy of KKH.

My gynae is like Babypom, he will get the image on the scan then tell my hb to come and see.. i think i rather change the gynae than not let my hb see this amazing journey. i do know some places don't allow their hbs in for 20 wks detailed scan..

Babypom, i fell aslp after talking to u!!

Re: sharing the gd news
I told my bosses, my parents, in laws and some close frens who have been with me through my 2 miscarriages.. that's all lor..

Urgh nausea hitting... URGH!!

Piggy, hv a gd nap? Hehe

Grab some small bites to stop the nausea ba

So far I only told hubby, my mum and a close friend abt this pregnancy. Decide to keep under wrap till 1st trimester is over.

Ladies,

Anyone having tension headaches or migraine during this period? Iv been having this tension headache for the whole day and it's killing me. Not sure if panadol extra strength is safe to take. I know we can take paracetamol. But not so sure about panadol. Any advise?

Oh sandy, never heard of such policy, but u shld change to other hospital or gynae if they still insist with their policy.

On a 2nd note, does vaginal scan hurts? Sounds painful.

Oh! Thanks for the advices ladies. Wa... Seems like I got to continue tolerating the pain. ;(

Babypom, the normal ones, is it the round white ones? I thought I also heard my gynae said can take, but dh said likewise, so we're wondering who is the correct one. Haha.

Sandy - i'm seeing gynae at KKH too, but my hubby wasn't locked out leh... same as the rest, the doc located the foetus first, then asked hubby to come. Tho i didn't need to have the vaginal scan.. mine was belly all the way...
who is your doc?

showing - yes for sure! I am on the overweight side to begin with, now even more bloated!

headaches - yes!! I've been having consistent headaches for the past 3 days! Today finally decided to treat myself to get a hair wash! haha, even tho just a neighbourhood thingy, but it was v nice cos the aunty really massaged my whole head for like very long... and i usually never go to salons for hair washes, like so aunty! :p but today it was good!
i try to avoid medication too...
happy.gif

wah, you girls are tempting me with the metro sale too! wondering if i should go...

Hey girls, if I got NO spotting at all, is it normal? Been walking alot somemore etc..find it a little strange..

I thought spotting is quite normal..

candymix: i think no spotting is good news. :D i dont have any spotting too choi choi choi. hehe. i am tempted to try clarins oil! but i dont think will so fast right? sometimes i think the foetus is on my left side cos will have this ding pain at left side only

raine: me went for trim just now too and the lady gave me a massage i was so in heaven. close eyes and hope she can continue for 30 mins haha, unfortunately she ask me to go wash hair liao.

Sandy: i dont see why the gynae will not allow, i mean the hb has seen everything anything, maybe you could ask the doc why not. but nvm la, just change gynae, find a better one :D mine isnt the hospital type, she has a clinic along chun tin road at bkt timah. very experienced, very patient. i like her alot! if u want i can pass you her details.l

Hi June10: my experience with Dr Ho is pretty good. My hubby says that he is very expeience and steady. I find that his stitching is very good and he is very careful and thorough in his check up after delivery. He is those that doesn't talk much during consultation and I later found out from my friend that it is a good thing if he didn't say much about the baby and pregnancy.

Post Natal Massage: This is a must for me after delivery. But the one I used previously is not good. So I need to look for a good one. Any recommendation?

Candy mix: I agree that no spotting is good. I have it and is quite worried becoz it did not happen for my 1st pregnancy. Hope everything is fine when I visit my gynae next week.

Xmas which Dr Ho u referring to?

Tell u all this funny thing- I just told my mum the news n she don't believe me!! She said test kits not accurate n I have not even seen any doc to confirm.

Wahahaha!!

I don't mind lar since I didn't want to say in the first place..she suddenly make ginseng soup which preggy can't take so no choice got to say

Hi Sandy, I was at KKH during my week 4, the lady at amc did an ultrasound on my belly but couldn't see anything.. So in e end did vaginal scan as well.. My hubby was not lock out.. In fact he was beside me throughout.. 30012011.. The vaginal scan not painful.. But e stick looks scary.. Haha

I went for my scan agn today.. Finally can see the bb n water bag! So happy! Yeah

candymix - yes, no spottg is gd! should be happy
happy.gif

lol, your mom is so funny..! aiyo...!

beebeemer - yar, so nice right.. wish it'd last 4ever haha
raine, can try when free heh

i just went to mummy's secret to buy some stuff online... one pair of pants and one pair of shorts..
happy.gif
it's seems it's one of the cheaper sites around... in the end spent 43, includg shippg... all the rest of the sites i went to, for a single bottom, at least nearly $30 it seems...

Hi vone, so they will put lubricant n insert the stick into our vaginal? Sounds scary!

So no spotting is gd ah? My cramping reduces le, no sore boobs and no spotting, kinda worried cos like no preggy symptoms.. Hmm.. Starting to get worried

Finally home sweet hime now on hp... Tmr then reply more!

Dunno cos of pregnancy... The last 5 days for hols not Shiok
happy.gif

Sigh Sunday fly out for work again

Morning everyone! Looks like this thread is really busy!
happy.gif

Re: Mothercare stretchmark cream
It costs only $17.90, has a really nice smell, not greasy and very easy to apply. I heard abt the Clarins oil and the good feedback too

My gynae will also do the same, she will picture the bb on the screen and invite my hubby in to take a look, listen to the heartbeat..but when I went for a sonogram on another level the last time, nobody was allowed and the lady did the same vaginal scan too..

No spotting is definitely good..I had spotting and was prescribed Dup hormone pills, not much better..doc referrred spotting to threatened miscarriage, heard already very scared so guai guai eat med and not move ard too much..

Yay, tmrw is Friday! Cant wait...Metro sale can buy what? Think I need to go Marks n Spencer buy bras again...

is spotting normal? i got spotting three times, a bit worried.

not fresh blood, the first time it's pink threadlike in the cervical mucus. the second time it was a little brown blob. the third time I only see it on the toilet paper after i wipe myself. also a small little blob.

is there a need to be overly concerned?

I have not seen a gynae yet and most prob will not see one until Dec. Currently not in SG now. Not sure what I should do now..

love asa- agree with babypom, think just to be safe you might want to see a gynae there.. he might perhaps give you a jab / some medication to stabilise things?

30012011, ya, they put e same gel tat that they used for the ultrasound on e tummy onto e stick.. Haha.. But no pain lah..

Morn mummies, me at Mt A now having brekkie with Husb. Passed my urine test
happy.gif
later then go bk for check up.

Rainy morning at least I could sleep abit later today
happy.gif

Sandy: my gynae also from KK.. had no probs with hubby beside me throughout all scans even for vaginal scan. Usually hb will stand behind the curtain first as he worried that he is not supp to stand inside and watch but the doc will always ask him to come in and observe the scan together. Mayb you can try to highlight to your gynae... don't think there's such a policy that doesn't allow the hubby to be involved...

Vaginal scan is not painful... though it might seems scary esp when you know they are going to insert something down there and your muscles will tend to tense up... juz relax and everything will be fine. Usually they will put a condom over the tube and lubricant before inserting...so that it will not be painful for us.
happy.gif

candymix: No spotting is definitely good...so don't worry ya..

Good morning mummies!! Im not back yet.. Still enjoying myself.. Keke... Still in port dickson shaking my leg.. Lol jus had my breakfast..

Re: restless leg,
Tat is not me la.. It's Olivia.. Haas... Mine is itchy body!! Lol...

Re: weight gain,
I hope I can gain less den 10kg only!! Cuz my current weight is already 73kg, if I were to gain exactly 10kg, it will be 83kg leh!!! Tis is so scarily la.. Imagine how am I gonna shake off e excess weight gain!! *faint* I thk I'll have postnatal depression lo..

But I heard breast-feeding can help to shake off those extras kilos!! So I insist on breastfeeding!!

Re: stretch marks,
I thk I'm fat enough Liao.. Wun have much stretch marks ba.. Lol...

Re: scan,
So far I only went once! BH was not lock out leh.. At first I'm not sure if BH can go into e room wif me anot and I asked e gal and she told me can, she even reminded me tat it's ok for BH to go into e room wif me everytime, not to worry.. Haa.. But I'm not sure for e V-scan la.. Cuz I only Did once n it was ultrascan..
happy.gif

Re: breakin news,
I have not tell anyone yet.. Cuz I intend to see e hb Liao.. More conform den tell my parents.. As for inlaws.. Really dunno wanna let em noe yet... Haiz... Cuz of some issue tat happen recently.. Not sure of they r in e mood for happy even if telling em.. So... See how lo...

Re: shipping,
I felt it's too early for me to buy maternity clothes tho I really wish to.. Haa.. All my clothes r loose type so no need to scare it will be tight.. Lol.. Envy u gals who r slim la!! Have a flat tummy to start wif n u can see e bump growing.. Mine machiam already like 5 months Liao lo.. Haiz..

Beebee, Wah!!! Tats 13kg lost leh!!! I wish I can do tat lo.. Some mor eis before wedding.. Haa.. Wish I have met u earlier deb can lose weight together.. 10kg is good for me Liao lo.. Den I can wear many many nice gowns.. And now I can have a flatter tummy to start wif lo.. Buy it's all over.. I've a fatty tummy is a fact now.. Haa..

good morn, me back at work...

xmas_baby, me bill today $200 ! going back in 2 weeks, when's ur next apptmt?

VaNiLLa, the major benefit of bf-ing is the immunity of the child but of cos true about shedding weight, within 1 month i was back to less than pre-preg weight..

aiyah! forgot to ask dr abt stretchmark cream...

anyway, dr nag abt gg to japan so got to cancel liaos... mus go call sq later. sianz lor...

Back