(2012/04) Apr 2012

Reborn
What's wrong? Take care and hope today is a better day for you (as lOvexuan said
happy.gif

Hope its a better day for all of us!

Reborn: take care! I having ear infection, whole ear so pain n sore
sad.gif

Kirsten: my bb take about 90-100ml at 5 weeks.. Now at 7 weeks he takes about 100ml- 120ml.. But the nurse at polyclinic says 120ml like too much for him?? Weird..

When I latch baby he seems to be fall aslp fast den another 1 or 2 hour wake up again.. Cannot cannot muz go back to ebm.. Haha!

C&c -mine drink 120ml n is like not enough for him.my supply just met his. demand.

Haru -have e same prob with u in e nite.i m also struggling with two little one.no 1 is 4 very attention seeking last time he very guai dun know when it be better.i feel guilty not accompany him at time but m always tired n busy. express milk .haiz
when will bb slp through e nite.does u all still wake up in the nite to pump milk.sometime i m so tired that i can't wake up end up with a heavy full breast more diff to pump.need a lot of time but i got to do it easy before both kids awake as i have no helper.sometime i think i very ke lian .hates my current figure dun know when film down

Kirsten

Yes I still wake up in the middle of the nite to pump milk but its super tiring! Then today I overslept and woke up with v full breast and i totally agree that its more difficult to pump and need a lot of time. Worst still, the amt obtained is not as much as it should be as I think our body produces less milk per hourly if its not emptied regularly.

C & C
My boy drink abt 1 -1.1 litres of milk daily and even though after 1 feed of 110-120ml, he ll still appear hungry but when I gave him more, he cant really take it. I guess maybe they want pacifier. I do not give him but if possible will latch him on.

Kirsten - I guess different babies have different capacities... dunno if the mummies here are Gina Ford's followers, but I followed her routines for my first girl and she slept through at 2 months.. she was really what people called a "textbook baby"... I was so happy and proud of her.. now trying to see if can get my boy to also be a textbook baby... As of now he is drinking about a range of 900 - 950 ml a day... trying to stretch the night feeds to be at least 4 hours apart and then subsequently only have one night feed... :D

Blessed- Wow! your boy drinking so much? How many weeks old is he? Then he should be sleeping through quite well at night already right?
happy.gif
Lucky you..

Love xuan
Yes, my no.1 also watch nick jr, and always asking for nihaokailan..so in order to do some chores, I always give in to her request for tv..felt very guilty.. when she knows that she has made me angry, she will touch my face and with tears in her eyes asking me not to be angry.. I really wish to be more patient with her but don't know why will blow up over the slightest things.

Lotusmum - You are not alone... I'm sure all of us here feel the same. I really will watch her and cry sometimes... she is so adorable, and I really wonder sometimes if I have had my second one too soon.. not enough time to shower her with more attention and love,,, and especially now when she is at the age that really needs attention. It pains me so to know that other people (like my caregiver, my hubby, her childcare teacher) can make her happier than when she is with me.. Ouch..

lovexuan and lotusmum,
my girl loves My Little Pony, i used to let her watch only on weekends as i don't believe in letting her watch too much tv. but she watches like 2-3 hours daily.and everyday she is playing my little pony toys etc..until i also sian. but feel bad, coz she always say "mama can u play w me?" but my reply is always sometime to do with being busy with didi.sigh...feel so bad towards her...

my mom helped look after baby for an hour earlier while i send #1 to e school bus and grocery shopping. good thing i left some EBM i and he drank 90ml. yippee!! thank God he is happy to take e bottle so far.

mommies with 2 kids, maybe we can arrange to have a meet up in the near future so our older ones can play together!

Super tired today.... Wake up at 3.30am
My boy wants to drink every an hour! Each time 2.5oz..... Just sit there feed him for 10min and finish. By the time I play with him and change diaper wants feed again... Now den got time to eat my 1st mouth food... One hand eat, the other hand support my dual pump...

Reborn,
have you tried feeding more? How come only 2.5oz?
Oh and, for the dual pump, have you heard of pumpin pals? The hands free neck support is really really good. I can play phone games when pumping.. you should go try it... it's a worthwhile investment and purchase..
7051478.jpg

Lotusmum and haru, my girl is into dora and diego! Really hear the nick jr channel playing until sian. Once i even scolded her for being obsessed with dora. But who started it? ME! Thinking of terminated starhub when contract ends in a few months but not sure fair to her or not. Even thinking of throwing away tv. Hahaha... I spent more than $200 on toys for her before i popped knowing i will surely neglect her. But she barely touched them. Whenever i scold my girl, she will give me the pitiful look and say "I am sorry. Please don't show me angry eyebrows. Mummies are supposed to love their children." I feel soooooo bad. Ya, we cannot go back to how we used to be but i hope i can try to spend equal time with both kids.

Are both of you FTWM or SAHM? I am a SAHM. We should meet up one day!! My girl will be so happy to have company of other kids.. Haha ;)

C&C mummy, i agree! I love my pumpin pal too! And those super shields. Pumping feels so much more comfortable with these 2!
happy.gif

C&C mummy, thanks for reminding me! I used to read gina ford books too. Borrowed from libraries. You're lucky! My girl was a spirited baby. Took some time and lots of effort to tame her down. But she started sleeping through the night from 6pm to 7am at 2.5 months old. Ok, i got to go and borrow again to refresh my memory. It's been almost 5 years!

Lovexuan - Yes.. Pumpin Pals is a lifesaver.. :D
As for Gina Ford, I bought both CLB and CLB with toddler.. but I found that the toddler one not really relevant for me... not avery Asian context.. love the routines for CLB though... haha..

C&C: my boy is currently 6 wks old. Yea, he drink almost every 1-2 hourly. However, night time still need to wake up for 1 nite feed. Night time he can stretch 3-4h. I usually feed him his last feed at 11pm-12 mn, then the next feed will be b/w 3-4am. Yest forgot to feed him at 11-12mn cos he zzz, in the end he woke up at 2am and 6am.

Haru/Lovexuan

Good idea! We can let our elder children exhaust each other energy and they ll b more emotionally balanced and happier ard with kids of their same age. In that way, they ll feel less jealous. My boy is 4 yo, how abt ur kids? I bought my son a membership at Changi Airport Singkids, but so far only use 2x as after I got preg, we dint go there anymore. He has been asking me to go there with him, play with him and drink bubble tea. Really miss those days. Since we r bf-ing now, bubble tea is a no-no right, since tea might reduce bm supply?

Lovexuan/Lotusmum

Yes, I felt quite guilty for shouting at my son too. He juz told me when I was pumping milk juz now that he felt unloved n v jealous of didi. Hence, whenever I pump milk, I ll let him in the room with me. However, he will like to play with my iphone a lot to watch youtube. sigh... i gave in too though i know too much of TV, youtube is no good, but its the only way he can let me pump in peace n beavy.

Lovexuan
Yes, my son likes to watch repeated youtube channel and i also scolded him cos while I m pumping, i hear the same sounds/songs until I felt v frustrated. Then I scolded him, then poor thing, he still watched but muted the sound so that I ll not feel irritated. I felt so guilty then! At times, I felt like throwing the iphone and ipad away too! I dunno if we can go back to how we used to be but I certainly hope I can. Yest, as I was sharing with my hubby how April mummies share the same issue with elder children, as I relate to him, tears welled up in my eyes too. Its like we love our first child terribly but at times when we r so physically n emotionally exhausted, we cant help but scold them.

Btw, my hair is like a lump of messy grass, felt like gg rebonding however, due to bf-ing, each rebonding session at least 4 - 5 h for my case, I guess I have to wait till I m able to stretch for that length of time. Any mummies also in such dilemma?

Love xuan
Sure sure, me a sahm with no helper but i'll send either my no.1 or 2 to my in laws' ast times to take a break.. let's arrange to meet some day..

Blessed
I bought the singkids membership too.. We go to the vivo one.. So far have used up 2 packages, from pre pregnancy till now.. my girl loves it there and whenever mentioned about going to singkids, she will be very excited.. its a good place to drain her battery and the fatigue will overrun to the following day.. Keke..

C & c mummy
I have ordered the pumping pal, waiting for delivery.. Hopefully it works will for me too.. Realized that this time round, the expressing is not as smooth as during no.1 times..lots of engorgement and sore nipples problems..

C&C mummy
Still little? My boy now on average just bottle drink between 1200ml to 1300ml per day, having plus latch on.... He max now per day can drink up to 1600ml....

Reborn - No, I mean each feed 2.5oz is quite little, did you try to feed more so that he can take longer between feeds?
happy.gif

Kirsten - Gina Ford basically works on the theory that baby's feeds need to be scheduled and a routine worked out from birth, so that baby is able to sleep through at an early age. The basis is that baby's daily nutritional needs has to be met in the day between 0700 - 1900 so that the baby can be settled into bed at 1900 and will take longer between feeds, so that in the middle of the night the baby will only wake once for a feed, so that mummy can rest more in the night. Subsequently, the night feed would be dropped altogether when the baby is able to take bigger feeds and go longer between each feed in the day. The feeding times and routine changes as the baby grows, so you should try getting the book for yourself so that you can read thoroughly.
The baby's daily nutritional needs is calculated by the baby's weight (in pounds). EAch pound needs an approximate of 70ml of milk. So for example, if baby is 3 kg, he is 6.6lb, and multiply by 70ml = 462 ml per day. So Gina Ford's theory is that if baby takes enough in the day, he won't wake so often in the middle of the night hungry...
happy.gif
Hope it helps.. :D

I'm a big follower and believer!!

7053034.jpg

Sometime mans can never understand us....
Last time I use to be FTWM and already got 2 kids but I still do everything myself.
After #3, stop working become FTHW plus still no maid. Getting myself more and more time only on this family but not myself. Even hen I'm working still TBF for all my kids till their 1st birthday!
This stupid hb always say I'm super free at home just shake leg... I dun even have time to breath fresh air! If I can go out work and he can take good care of all 4 kids plus a.dog, I will let him be a Full time stay at home daddy! Just to bring kids back from school and only 10mins walk also feel tired, how to take care of them? Really hate mans only know how to enjoy but never think how tired we are!
So what if u work almost 7days a week, but I work 24hrs non stop... Who is more tired yet no one turn to?

Reborn- I understand what you mean.. well, sometimes we just wish they can try being us for just one day right? Don't talk about husbands.. sometimes friends or colleagues also think we are damn free at home, doing othing but having fun at home... sigh.. I give up explaining to them sometimes.. cheer up.. you have us!! :D

C&C mummy,
i have the pumpin' pal! but have yet to use it as i have only recently started using my dual pump. still trying to get used to it. but def looking forward to trying it out! being hands free would be fantastic!! today was my most successful day on the dual pump, got 160ml. =) just that it took a long time for let down. breast still not used to it.hahah..

wow the books looks interesting!! gonna try to get my hands on it. i used the Baby Whisperer when i had #1...pretty good book too!!

re:gathering
i am a FTWM but i work on pretty flexi hours. =D i would love to meet up with other mommies! when school hols are over, we can still meet while our #1 is in school. hee...my girl is 3yr (turing 4 in Nov)

lovexuan,
i bot the super shields but have not used it yet, is the suction as good w it? then seems like so many parts to sterilize, will have problem fitting it all in my sterilizer...

blessed, bubble tea is my favourite. :p I started drinking chocolate/milo with pearls. But i still miss gongcha's milk tea with herbal jelly. So that day when i felt soooo stressed up, i decided to go and buy and drank half cup. Haha.. No side effects though. Cos i read that one cup(250ml) a day is fine.

I have bad hair day everyday too! but i am planning to wait till cny before rebond or perm.

My girl is 4 years old plus. Turning 5 this christmas!
happy.gif

Lotusmum, that's great! At least there is a little help. My in laws are not in sg and my parents are working full time plus OT. My hubby worse. Sometimes i feel like a single mum. The only person i can talk to is my girl! Haha.. Getting used to it though. Today i just brought both kids to NEX all by myself! First time. Lol. I used to bring my girl for regular play dates with a group of sahms. Keep me sane!
happy.gif

haru, yes i like the super shields. Hmm...can fit all in my tiny avent microwave steriliser. The suction is the same. But it's very comfy compared to the usual pump as it had a massaging effect and does not pinch. By the way i am using hygeia enjoye breast pumps. Maybe different pumps different effects too.

School holidays are arriving, so is GSS!

I just did a major shopping at kiddy palace few days ago only to realise that they have 20% off for members from today! Time to stock up baby stuff and buy a rocker to put at my mum's place. Heh heh! ;)

Looking forward to pop club book so i can use the 20% voucher to buy gina ford's book! This time i want to own it too. Haha..

Omg. I am so auntie... :p

C&C mummy, i can't upload! Haha.. Lazy to turn on pc... I rely a lot on iphone lately.

But feel free to add me in fb at ilovemyashlyn at gmail dot com. Do drop me a message to let me know your nick so i will add. :p

happy.gif
I got very inspired by adele enerson's photos so I tried to think of new ones myself. when BFing at nite, if I'm not nodding off, my brain wanders everywhere so got a lot of time to think of nonsensical things!

Count me in for baby playdate! If sch hols then I got to bring my #1 too. Haru, our #1s can play together! Lovexuan's #1 also about same age!

Sayang sayang reborn: men really don't get it! Take care!

Lovexuan: really glad to hear all that trauma is behind you now and everything is good in your end of the woods!

Lotusmum
My girl loves singkids too! Have u been to the united sq one? It's great! Vivo one is quite cramped, I always feel like I'm short of breath in there!

Haru
Same. I feel guilty big time. #1 comes to my room when she waks up and asks for story but I have a million and one things to do so I either say later later or I tell her one that really makes no sense cos I can't concentrate :S

Patsie
I have a friend who swears by gina ford too! And her boy (now almost 4) is a specimen routine baby

Mummies
How many times a nite are u waking? Calla sleeps about 9 plus then wakes up at 1 plus and 5plus. She falls asleep then wakes up to cry (x a few times) if I latch her on while lying down. So now I have to sit up and latch to make sure she drinks enough then put to bed o_O

And I'm back to being human pacifier cos after trying avent pacifier, she decided not to latch on me properly! Took a day to rectify! So when with hubby, he let's her suck on his little finger. She gives him a "wassup with this?!" look but tahans till I come rescue her haha

Pinkbunny - On average, on a good night, twice.. about 12 and then 3... other than that he would be sleeping. but that is on a GOOD night.. some nights he would just wake and cry and insist to be carried AND WALKED AROUND THE HOUSE, until he is happy before he goes back to sleep IN OUR ARMS (We tried to put him down but as if on auto-alert mode, he would wake up and squint at us, and then start screaming again...).... sigh... for now the bad nights are more than the good... I am very thankful for ONE good night after three bad ones.. haha..

Reborn
Non SAHM especially men don't understand what we are going through..always clad in singlet and shorts, no need to shop for make up or perfume, no mc or annual leave, our children well being and the chores are what we are occupied with 24/7.. People always think that we have nothing to do at home and are very free co's can bring the lo out, meet with other mamas for playdates but it's very tiring to look after the lo 24hrs.. No freedom, no time for ourselves, still need to take care of the lo when very sick..

Pink bunny
Is the one in united square new? I have not been there before..As I'm staying near vivo so always go there lor and my girl is only 2yr old so I thought the one in vivo is more manageable than the one in t3, not sure about united square..

Pinkbunny nice photos!
My gal will feed at abt 11.30pm and sleep till next morning 8am for the next feed ever since after full month. She is much thinner now, which make me worried. Although its good for us as parents as we can sleep throughout the night, but I dunno if this is a gd idea. Ask pediatrician yesterday and she say is normal though she seldom c bb like this.
She is 4.8kg now but she only drink like 650mls per day. Today drinking even lesser becos of the vaccination yesterday.

so angry with my MIL.. so insist me to let bb using those dryper sample diaper, now end up having diaper rash... make both of our life miserable!

Hi ladies, it's my first time posting here. Have been reading the forum but didn't have time to post as i was busy working before delivery. My bb gal is now 5 weeks old now and i would like to make more mummy friends. Just want to check with you if any of you ladies has a bb carrier? I m thinking of getting one but not too sure which one to get

Reborn-mil can drive us crazy! My girl keep crying and we found out her tummy is abit bloated, should be due to the wind in the stomach. Then she put the blame on me ad hubby say becoz we let our girl cry so much. And now she bring my girl go to her room and sleep and say sleep with her beta. If nt we let her cry again. Is she crazy?! This is my own daughter she cry I also heart pain le. And today my friends come visit me then my crying so she carry then bb girl stop crying then she keep at there Aiyo keep sticking to nai nai, nai nai don't need do work Liao. Then tell my friend my girl very close to
Her coz she Everytime talk to her. I so pissed with her!

Pinkbunny
You are so creative, nice shots!

Blessed
My hair also so curly. For my no 1 I rebond my hair 2 mths aft delivery. On that day I pump out milk and throw away cos dun want bb drink chemicals though not sure hv or not

Reborn
Pat pat..this morning just gave my husband a "lecture" on how he ignored me n let me handle everything like a single mum. I only can feedback to him when he on good mood. He kept quiet dun know got listen or not. Btw during my confinemt I cried many times bcos of this, my elder sis knew and tell me it would affect my eye sight, true or not ah

Piggymum, me too cried a lot during my confinement, also being told that will affect my eye sight. But sometime really very stressed up. Like my friend came visiting me today n I just can't control n drop tears, they are do afraid I got post natal depression.

Resso
i am using momsinmind sling.... been using since my #1 till now... very lasting, already 8yr lo.

Mrs kang
lucky i didn't stay with mil, but i got spy at home, my brother in law..... a wicker guy i hate!
According to the traditional Chinese did say for the 1st couples of months cannot cry, some mummy cry alot especially during confinement and their eyes sight got very bad....

Desperatemum n Mrskang

I also cried a lot during my confinement esp during the first 2 weeks. When I see my no 1 cry because he felt unloved, I ll cry along with him too. However, I read an info bklet by Pigeon, it states that if mummies feel v upset, thats due to the sudden drop in hormones and we tend to feel like crying. Its in fact psy healthy to cry out rather than to bottle up. If bottle up, will dev more serious postnatal depression. Hence, I just cry and dint purposely try to control as compared to no 1. Now, I feel so much emotionally better as compared to my first pregnancy.

Rebonding
Despmum: Last time after I rebonded, I dint throw milk away lei... ctd to let my no 1 drink. So far nth happen, but maybe this time round, to play safe, I may throw this round of milk away.

pinkbunny, nice shots!!
happy.gif

Thanks. I am glad it's all over too.

My boy started to develop his own routine. Zzz at 10am, feed at 3am, feed at 8am, wake up again around 9ish. But there are good and bad days. When he decided to let mummy suffer, he will wake every hour!! Haha.. Getting used to it though. Think i have been zombie-fied...

Lotusmum, totally agree with you!!! I am so immune to those insensitive comments. This is my 5th year as a sahm. No off days, MCs, ALs, PHs and not even peaceful meals or baths! But i am thankful for what i received in return. Witnessing my kids milestones first hand and always being there with me during good times, bad times... Given a chance, i will still pick this route. ;)

Resso99, i am somehow a fan when it comes to babywearing! Been doing so for past 4 years plus. I own 2 moms in mind slings, 2 pupsik pouches, 1 baby bjorn and my latest addition: beco gemini ergo baby carrier. I love beco! I don't feel any weight at all when i am carrying my 6 weeks old who weighs 6kg and i have both hands free to do my housechores and tend to my elder girl. Easy to wear and lightweight. Jmho!
happy.gif

desperatemum and Mrs Kang,
Hugs to both mummies!
I also cried buckets of tears during my confinement. First time was when PD told me baby had heart murmur. Then when he was hospitalised for phototherapy and the worse was when he was hospitalised for 5 days for that bacteria infection. Everyday i lived in fear, hoped for no fever and prayed for positive outcome from the blood tests etc. I really thought i would go blind cos i cannot even see after crying the whole night yet i dragged myself to the hospital each morning cos i cannot wait to see him and hold him. Just cannot control and stop the tears that flowed like a tap. Not sure if my myopia got worse... Endure! Stay strong for the kids! Jiayou together ok?

Back