(2012/04) Apr 2012

b@by - yes this thread is for mummies whose edd is in April 2012.

imie - congratulations on the lil princess! I have one more week to go before I know the gender. But I had the feeling its a girl. Let's see if my prediction is right.
linear nigra i have even before preggy, but very light. now still the same at 20 weeks, same colour light.

i havent started wearing non-wired bra. in fact, i went to buy new bras cos increase in cup size. also bought my nursing bras too! but cannot wear that cos bought another cup bigger as recommended by the staff

a few days when u gals r toking abt linear negra, i asked my hubby check for me.. he say like have very very faint line.. not sure... haha...

these few nights b4 i going to bed, i tried to press my tummy where i feel the discomfort. can feel sth like throbbing heart beat. dunno whether it is possible to feel baby's heart beat thr tummy... felt it twice.
1st time i felt it, i asked hubby to press then he say is my heart beat. then i asked him u sure we have heart beat at tummy??!! He replied no!!

imie: congrats for having a healthy n cute lil princess... when I found out that i am pregnant, me n hubby also start thinking of names... n have also settled. only waiting to know the gender

mi in wk 19 already, scheduled for detailed scan on the 5th dec. a long wait.

Dwie_Indah - time will pass very fast. u'll soon get to see baby =)

Andreanie - The linear nigra I too have a light one b4 preggy. I used to have a navel piercing. Its been some yrs I no longer put anything theres. Now the linear niagra has gotten so so dark. And that piercing mark oso become very dark.. my skin at tummy got freckle freckles leh.. anyone hv this too? looks ugly.. like i need some kind of acidic soap to scrub away the 'grime'. haha..

Silvery gal - I think in my 2nd or 3rd month liddat i already cant wear wired bra at all. cos b4 preg i alr cup C. I wear XL Nike sports bra all the way now.. if standard bra size.. omg.. i dunno lah.. i think cup E ? Thats y sometimes when i sleep i always have to be without bra, and hug a pillow at chest, cos chest heavy sometimes i can be out of breath, just lying down. Even at day time, i totally dun wear bra but wear black baby tee, so my tummy will be jutting out lorr.. so far only this method i find comfy leh.. hahah.. my mom say i such a weirdo. as for the name, we have several for gals, but if get boy no names we are in agreement yet. so once know gender makes our choice easier =) we r so happy cos we really wanted a daughter for our 1st.. plus this news is like my advanced Birthday present, wh falls on 1st Dec & hubby's in Jan

imie: i have freckle-like spots on tummy too! some are even slightly raised up, like moles except they are brown in colour.

the worse is i have spots from the amnio injections. some brown, some black (suspect the black ones are blackheads)

dunno if they will go away!

Imie : Dun worry you are not the only 1. When I did my detailed scan last week. My little 1 also found 1 comfort spot and refuse to budge, the sonographer had a hard time scanning my placenta.. luckily all the other measurements already done... so ask me to go release.. and also keep pressing my tummy to make her move and my little 1 simply put her hands behind her head and not move... took abt 15-20mins.. before she move a little.. for the dr to see the placenta...

I've also got the linear nigra...hb noticed it very early in the pregnancy...

Went for my dr's visit today, and got to see the little 1 again.. next visit is after xmas le...

Imie-thank you =) I everyday just hope the time click faster haha.. Coz during my 16th week visit last fri.. Gynae advised mostly a girl.. But he wan to confirm during the detailed scan appt.. So I muz wait.. But I just can't wait to go shopping haha.. I was telling my hubby can I shop now? He say i buy the clothes now by the time April rot Liao hahaha

tangerinez - oh.. my mom told me these freckles happen to every1 but depends on location. Some ladies have it ard the neck, some very dark armpits, some knees & etc etc.. so far i kena at tummy & side of my boobies.. aiyo.. i hope its not permanent

tokkie - my lil one also had one of her hand tucked bhind her head.. in the end the i had to lie sideways, but only then can see her tip of her fingers. like she keeping a secret, dont let us see..

ohh.. i notice for a few weeks now, baby movement will be very vigorous at night ard 10+ & then when ima bout to go to bed, will fee hungry.. shuks! i've already gained 10kg in total during this pregnancy.. any1 have gone over my wgt gain?

Imei : I find wearing sports bra uncomfortable le... B4 preggy I'm alrdy a D so cannot fit in sports bra le... N grats on ur baby gal... My detail scan is 12 dec sia so long!

Hearing all the detailed scan stories making me excited too. Mine is next week.

I have already starting buying clothings etc. Boys not much choice so now see cute ones i just buy. If end up gal then pass to my sis. hahaa.

Imie
I also feel baby movement most ard 10+
Weight gain: The last check i gained 4 kgs in a month!! Kinda scared to check my weight. hahaha.

imie: so u r lucky to get what u want, a girl... i m also hoping for a girl...

freckles to appear?! i only have many many small pimples on my chest n the back of my neck! hate it cos they r leaving scars!!

imie: yah my bb also more active ard evening and nite.. till hb always joke tt she is on different time zone...

Weight gain : so far put on 2kg. None since the last check up in oct and today. I get very stress when its time for my check up coz my dr only allowing me to gain 5-10kg.. if exceed or growing too fast.. he is gg to send me to dietician... so I was so happy no weight gain today.. hahaha.. since he is v strict with weight gain...

Imie & Eliz - i also feel my baby more active before i go to sleep. Until my sister said aiyoh must be because i like to sleep beyond 12am..hehe.. but nowadays he/she moves in the day too. Kicked me on my pubic area so many times during the day. Makes my lower abdomen feel super super heavy when I stand and walk. Must walk slowly already.

In regards to weight gain, still no weight gain for me yet.

And in regards to the 'freckles', I have them under my boobs. Sometimes itchy so i put calamine lotion. But now better, cant spot any. Other places I dont have.

Aisuhime - ohh? really? not all sports bra comfy i tink, i also have a Reebok & some other brands or cutting I cant rem.. those i feel my boobies kena tapao till no ventilation. wen take off, like just come out from some sauna.. haha! so chuck those one side liao..

Dwie_Indah - during my 17th week check up, my gynae said its 75% girl. cos the wee wee was hollow. no 'tortoise shape' or '3 lines' so she asked me wait till detailed scan b4 can go shopping. but i cannot tahan at 3rd month alr bought basic baby clothes, then at 17 weeks started to buy pinky stuffs. . . then during detail scan, while waiting i was soo nervous scared i have to giveaway those pinky stuffs i bought .. haha! but i think i am simply blessed.

Eliz - i mean, from b4 preggy till now, the wgt gain. this mth i gain 4kg too. so up to date 10kg. i feel like a buffalo already. =(

Imie
I lost 5 kgs and gain back 4 kgs.
Last pregancy, i gained 23kgs so i wanna control my weight gain this time if i can!

silvery_gal - i notice in the mid of my boobies, got like small small white heads & quite rough to the touch. so everytime i bath i used a soft brush to scrub off those.. very scared if they will leave scars, i hope not.

Dwie_Indah - so funny lar ur hubby. Clothes rot? hahah.. actually those clothes that i alr bought all i store in big zip loc bag. when i start my maternity leave then i slowly slowly wash by hand, ba?

Eliz - the prob is i am such a heavy sleeper. on non working days, and if no appt, i'll just sleep sleep sleep. evn if i try walk walk here & there to exercise, by the time finish i'll be soooo tired that i'll need more sleep to re-energize.. haizz

Imie, hahaha ya that is his lame reason to stop me from shopping first.
happy.gif
but I don't care I will just tahan for 3 weeks and after that I will start the big shopping spree.. But I will be going for the baby baby fair next week. So i will start abit, cause mil going with us too.. She say can start buy Liao .. Haha

So envy u all gg detail scan so soon. I still have to wait till 8th dec to confirm my baby gender. Although the gynea say should be a girl, but doesnt sound confident. So that week i should be 23 weeks when do detail scan.

I have been experiencing low kicks from baby as well. When im seated and bb moves, it feels like she is tickling my bladder area. Like now!
Do you all go thru the same?
So funny a feeling! But im enjoying her moves.
Waiting for her moves to get bigger =)
Cheers to coming of mid week!

Wow what a busy afternoon it's been thread-wise!!

I feel baby most before going to bed too! But when I ask hub to feel, baby goes shy. Haha. He's only felt it once.

Detailed scan on monday! So excited!! Then it's off to bangkok to cheong all the baby clothes!!!

Oh which reminds me: mummies, there are special baby laundry detergents/powders for baby clothes. Even if we don't wash by hand, all baby clothes should ideally be washed together in the same load cos our detergents may be too harsh for their skin.

I found it so amazing that I was practically washing my daughter's clothes or nappies every single day. How can one little thing use up so many pieces of clothing? Simple: spit ups, poo leaks, pee leaks, saliva, towelettes, towels, burp clothes... Laundry basket very fast filled one!

Haha meinme actually yes! The counter staff was VERY helpful! Took me only 5 mins to set up my #1's CDA account!

Hello mummies, jus done my detailed scan today. Whole procedure took about 40 mins. My baby is 267 g today
happy.gif
. Baby is co operative during the scans, n sonographer managed to get all the info she needs.
Saw baby open and closes mouth like mumbling kekeke!
But my baby position n legs wasnt in flavour for us to see clearly of the gender but sonographer said she tink there isnt any "balls" near the tights haha so she said most probably is a girl ! So happy! However when I go n see my gynea with d reports, he also don dare to confirm at this stage. Haiz..still cant shop for baby stuffs I guess.

Dwie - sale? Whr? When wat time? Wht they selling? Lol..

Silvery gal - ooh.. I scrub with the brush & facewash.. Haha..

Ms Tan - which week r u at now? I m wondering cos im at 20weeks & baby weighs 329g.. Machiam heavy..

Mummies, re "whiteheads" at nipples, they oil secreting glands, they are there to lubricate the area to prevent it from drying and cracking. I think best if don't squeeze them.. Hee..

Pinky Xu: Done! Look for the intro thread and intro urself ok!

Tangerinez: OMG! Don't squeeze the glands?!?!? hahaha.. i got really irritated at them! haha... I thot was some dead dried up milk from my previous bf-ing! haha... i better stop poking at them. =P

Pinkbunny: Yes! I agree the laundry basket fills up like crazy when the bb comes! And aiya... must wash with detergent cos the milk smell is really hard to remove! I remember for #1, my MIL who was doing my confinement, was telling me that bb's clothes not dirty, just rinse with water! *my face went green*
And after a week or so, she ask me if the clothes smelt bad! i was like yes, that's why i say must wash with soap... After that, she just let me wash everything in the washing machine instead of hand rinsing them only! hahahaha...
But I have a dryer, so everything is washed and dried real fast! No worries for mummies with no dryer, cos Apr/May is like SUPER HOT! Everything dries very fast!
Do remember to get a few sets of beddings for the little one! Accidents do happen and need to change bedsheet very often too!

Morning mummies! Haha cheekyduckie my CL washed so much in the first month that my washing machine kena overloaded and needed repairs! Huh, just rinse baby clothes? Yikes! Sometimes we can't help but wonder what older generation are thinking hor? Hand wash? I'm a super lazy mummy. Only handwash when absolutely no choice. Like those with colours that will run, or super delicate stuff or swimming costumes

Just wondering
Would it be ok for #1 and new baby to share things like towels and face cloths? As in use the same items but of cos wash in between uses la

Pinkbunny: i think it's fine to share items lar. Provided they are not sick. But then again, every baby is different so must monitor. Some bbs have sensitive skin, so need to really separate out stuff to use. Especially if they have eczema! Eczema is contagious!
For #1, i didn't even really use baby detergent to wash the clothes! hahaha... think i only did that for like 2 weeks, after that i got lazy to separate out for washing, so i just wash everything together! My box of baby detergent is still half used only! Think will use that to wash up #1 baby clothes for #2! hehe...

Yes: i do agree that older generation sometimes are just strange. Cos my MIL also tells me mop floor, just use water to mop. no need detergent. She has been doing that at her own house for 10s of years...
Even though she does wake up earlier to do light sweeping and mopping each day, i still think it's quite yikes lar! It was only until the PT maid came on weekend to thorough clean with detergent, den she told me, WAH! Use detergent clean liao the floor feels so good.... =_=""
After that, she detergent clean the floor like on alternate days! kekeke...
Got a lot of other "funny" stories lar. When i shared with my mother, her face really changed color also lar.

silvery gal - am also doing my detailed scan on 5 dec... excited to know the sex of my baby
happy.gif

pinkbunny - am also going bangkok soon, when are you flying off? If u see a sporean preg woman there, maybe its me
happy.gif

any tried using Avent Breast shells? Is there other brands? I think it is a very good product since it can redue engorgement, cracked nipples at the same time collect breast milk (dont have to waste it if we use waashable / disposable breast pad. But from the website, i have noticed that it is recommended not to wear more than 40min. Mean every 40mins have to change to breast pad then change back again. I think during the first few months, wont even have enought sleep as have to keep on bfing where got time to keep changing the shell and pad. Anyone tried before can advise how should i handle this product?

cheekyduckie - i totally agree with you, they will never listen to us. they will just do what they always used to hear and do, its so difficult to communicate with them. wonder if we get older, will be be the same as our mil... keke

b@bay, I only used the Avent shells when feeding as 1 side feed, the other side let down aka leaking!!! Medela has it too.

ok to go Bangkok now?

My Dec Malacca plan is almost gone because last minute meeting arrangement!!!! urgggggg.

My colleague just suggested to me that I should consider to eat my placenta after giving birth!!! Sorry to exclaim but it sounds bizarre/gross/weird/shocking to me.... I have heard pple eating before but to imagine myself consuming it...

But anyway he has prepared it for his wife before and it took him 7-8 hours to prepare even though he's the type who knows how to cook. Said his wife's complexion is really good after eating it, make into capsules can last for 2-3 months, can eat during confinement also. Still feeling amazed...

I kept my placenta!!!! I've "processed" it myself!!!! still in my fridge!!!! it's a bloody and disgusting process!!!!

I read up from a site that to gain from it, you need to do it yourself.

Supposed to give to your kid when they are not well or something.

Meinme: yes the website description is exactly the same as how he described he processed it!! But he didn't freeze it, he went home immediately to start preparing it and took him 7-8 hrs. Still feeling amazed. Haha. Should ask your hubby to prepare since u'll be so shagged after birth.

Me cesarean so I only do it 2 weeks later. I steamed and oven-baked, powdered on other days bit by bit. I think I didn't powder all, threw away after I kept for over 1 year as I didn't use it, still in my fridge!!!

tangerinez - the whiteheads not at nipples at the boob crack, at center & chest.

Placenta eating?
proud.gif
!!!

Regarding MIL, the most bizarre thing mine said recently was to use my boy's urine or those used tablecloth for my boy's face rashes..saying that it's "Yi du gong du"...I wanna "peng" n quickly replied that I already bought jing yin for him
as suggested by tcm...
Wah Liao, can't believe that there are still such old wives tales around, it's so unhygenic...plus my boy's rashes are just beside the mouth!

b@by, when I told my then gyane I want to bring home. She told me so far only Malays/Indonesian and Taiwanese asked for it. Taiwanese cooks to eat!!!

Ethan, I bought the EMU oil from the BP thread, it's quite effective for rashes, bites, itch.

Cheekyduckie, imie, confusion on the whiteheads! Paiseh!

The oil glands I am referring to are on the aerolas. These, dun squeeze.

The ones imie referring to, sounds just like normal clogged pores, so I guess ok to scrub.

The ones cheekyduckie referring to, are the dried up white flakes on the nipples, which I also have. Sometimes I use my thumb to rub them off but I think better dun scrub! Later hurt the sensitive skin, will be really itchy. The flakes are normal think the purpose also part of lubricating the nipple.

Back