(2012/04) Apr 2012

Cheekieduckie.. so far I experience two times ppl offer seats to me.. I was touched .. Maybe the cloths we are wearing ..if not too obvious.. Some ppl jus don bother ..maybe tey tot we are jus fat? Haa :p
Wah thanks to all mummies who share the breast feeding n all..very useful!

i also had pple offering seats to me once in the mrt.

btw cheekyduckie, we are meeting for lunch at ion tomorrow. EL, leo_baby and i are confirmed meeting. Other mummies who are working in that area, pls feel free to join us!
happy.gif

Kumiko: Yes. I attended the TMC classes when I had #1. It does give a good overall view of what to expect.

First time mummies: I think might be a good idea to attend the pre-natal class before chionging down to buy stuff.

Ni: Leo-Baby texted me. I have another appointment for lunch tmr. I see if i can sneak out earlier to drop by to say hi tmr.

Back by popular demand! Philips is holding Carnival Sale for the second time in 2011. It will be happening next weekend and you can expect its electrical appliances unleashed at the event with attractive price tags. If you intend to do some serious shopping, do check out their 0% interest free installment plan with the staff there.

Event Details
Date: 29 – 30 Oct 2011
Time: 9am – 6pm
Venue: 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh

http://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2011/10/21/philips-carnival-sale-2011-2/

Hi mummies

can you mummies shared, where to find part-time maid ? i need someone to clean my house during my confinement period.
My mum will be doing confinement for me but cleaning & washin i need someone to do it.
Does any mummies know where to get one ?

MeinMe,
i also used Playtex to freeze and store my milk. is it the one that you have to tie with rubber band? it was quite a hassle so am thinking of using ziplock kind of milk bag but its all pretty pricey..

Hi sisters -
while going through my latest maternity purchases from asos, I realized that I accidentally ordered 2 of the same blouse. Before I return it to asos and exchange for something else, just wanted to ask if anyone is keen to purchase this and I'd post it to you.

http://www.asos.com//French-Connection/French-Connection-Maternity-Ruffle-Neck-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1623806

I purchased this at $34.14 (USD) / $19 (GBP) which converts to $43.37 SGD. I'm willing to let this go at $40, inclusive of normal postage. Size is UK 10. Its flare cut from bust so its okay (I used to wear a UK6-8).

Please PM or email me @ [email protected] and let me know if you're keen by tomorrow morning, 10am if not I will post this back to asos for a refund.

;)

ni >> wow there's outing tmr! Just nice, i finished my temp job contract on Friday so very free. hehe. What are the details? Can I join in? But I don't know anyone here? :p Very interested to make Apr mummy friends. :D

Haru, yes, that is the one. Just checked at Kiddy Palace, $16.50 for 125pc for 8oz. Wait, wait, I go find the step-by-step guide I made for my friends. I didn't tie, I only fold 2 times and tape, very secured, never leak. Zipper is good for pumping in office then bring home. I find it waste of space when freezing in zipper, so many "bombs" in the freezer. Last time, my helper don't cook so nothing in freezer, therefore is ok, now she cooks, I'm considering to get a separate freezer for BM if my supply is good enough to store.

I'll go the Philips sale to check out prices, they should have another one early of the next year. On the way to Toyogo, to get some drawers system for my mani/pedi barang. kekeke.

BTW, you may consider to get John Little to look at Impression maternity cotton bra, pretty similar to Mothercare and much much cheaper $9.90 per pc!!!

I used TollyJoy nursing pads, grab from John Little or Robinson sale!!!

kimmy, pls join us! we are having lunch in orchard, ion! Place to be confirmed. u can meet me at orchard MRT if u r keen. 12pm
happy.gif

meinme, for 2011, philips carnival sale is in May and October. I am not sure whether will they have on before our EDD in April.

Haru: I just store the milk that is expressed in the bottles, in a cooler bag with cooler pack., After i get home, they can continue to stay in the fridge or i will transfer them to be frozen in the Sensible Lines milk trays. After freezing, I transfer the milk sticks into normal Ziplock Freezer Bags. 1 bag can store a lot of sticks. I will label each bag. The bags will stack nicely in the freezer flat.
I learnt this from my mummies group for #1. Each stick is about 30ml. So just defreeze whatever bb wants to drink. Minimal wastage. http://www.mumsfairy.com/product_info.php?products_id=36

CheekyDukie - Wow! thanks for the link. The milk trays are really fantastic idea. So the trays you just slot in the part where you freeze your ice usually?

ni >> awesome. Would love to meet other mommies too.
happy.gif
I shall PM you my contact number and see you @ 12pm at Orchard MRT tmr!
happy.gif

Wow.. a lot of tips on bf & storing of bm, even for 2nd time mum like me. Information overloaded. Lol. I hope I have the energy & determination to bf no 2 longer this time round. Maybe a target of 2 years? Formula are crazily priced! no 1's formula is burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheekyduckie: that's a innovative method of storing bm! Din think about it for no 1. Was spending lots of $ on milk bag until 'pok'. Mmm... Can only get the milk trays from mumsfairy?

Dolphin, no sale now, just over but seem like they have it every other months.

ni, I thought is Q1 of the year!!! Oh dear, but I don't want to get so early, warranty starts now. I'm eyeing on the sterilizer and warmer. Guess I'll check out prices then get from Kaki Bukit instead if really cannot wait. For my girl, I got my supply from Kaki Bukit. Everything under 1 roof.

I didn't use the sterilizer for long, probably until 8-9mths only. Mrs Wong asked me if I sterilize the food/fruit that I going to feed my girl, I couldn't answer. kekeke

For bottles, if you are attending baby workshops or parent talks, lots freebie will be given. That time I got so many of the milk powder container that I gave away all as I BF exclusively. I still have some of the Avent small bottles at home though I've give a lot away.

Seems like the topic for the day is on breastfeeding and pumps! heehee... think Im probably going to get the medela freestyle after hearing so many good reviews on it... hmm... think I will probably get it closer to edd ard march so tt can have time to figure how to use it... hopefully will be worthwhile!

tokkie - same! have narrow down to fs and pisa but I suppose fs is more portable and lighter vs. pisa. are you intending to purchase it locally?
happy.gif

Kimmy : As Im currently in aussie, likely will get the aussie unit as we are gg to be here for another half a year before we head home so far the cheapest I see is online A$490 and at the chemist A$549.. now is just to source for the cheapest deal since the price difference from shop to shop is can be huge! After conversion is still cheaper than back in Sgp...Am also waiting to see if there is gg to be better deal during christmas.....

tokkie - ahh I see. thanks for sharing. Yeah, agree that after conversion still cheaper than in sg. I'm sure there will be some steals during Christmas...

Kimmy: Just put the filled trays into the freezer. Any part as long as the milk can freeze. They freeze quite fast. So 1 set of 2 trays shd be enough for the start. Each tray has like 8 sticks. 2 trays 16 sticks. 16 * 30ml = 480ml. So unless you can really get a lot of milk. Can just get 1 set to try first.
Subsequently, i use the trays to freeze soups / milk / juices. The juice and regular milk sticks, makes great snacks for toddlers!

Dink: In Singapore, I never see the milk trays on sale outside. Can only find mumsfairy selling online.

MEinMe: I also stopped sterilising religiously after 6 months. Cos I thought it was silly cos I didn't sterilise the spoons and bowls and all. =P Might as well don't sterilise.

Tokkie - are u in Perth (sorry I now got short term memory haha)? Then I suggest wait for boxing day sale. I always wait for that day cos everything slash almost 50-70 percent off! Hehe...

CheekyDuckie - okay got it! yeah good idea on the soups & juice usage. Heh heh heh.
Will prob try 1 first to see how. Scarly milk supply cannot even fill half a tray. Alamak!

Andreanie : hahaa.. yah Im in perth.. heehee.. yah am waiting for boxing day sale before I start shopping.. now can only see and narrow down the stuff I wanna buy...

CheekyDuckie,
Interesting about the freezer trays. i might give it a try since it can pack flat. just that i am hoping to cut down "transferring" the milk from bottle to tray to bag to save time. lazy me!! was even contemplating just storing in bottles but i think won't have enough space plus i'll have to get so many bottles. my freezer was so full the last time that I had to throw some EBM (all packed in the Playtex bags). it is a good problem tho, so hopefully this time i can work out an effective storage system! might have to borrow my mom's freezer since she lives in the same block as me!heee..

MeinMe and CheekyDuckie,
do you mean you only sterilized the bottles, pump etc until 8-9 months? gosh i did it for more than a year! and honestly it was quite a hassle especially when I was in a rush to pump. =P

Haru: Yes. I was only very hardworking at sterilising up to abt 6 months.
For pump parts, I use the freestyle. So i got 2 sets of connectors, and 2 sets of bottles. Which I sterilise, put in tupperware box, bring to work to use. Just nice for 2 pumps in office. As i got lazier, I just bring 1 set. After 1 use, i just rinse with hotwater from the hot water dispenser. hahahaha....
The laziness actually started after our 1st short break to Bintan when #1 was just pass 6 months. I can't bring steriliser right. So just use hot water to rinse lor. After that, everything just gets lazier and lazier....

Hi mummies! Cleared my oscar yest.. But doc said my blood pressure's been abit on the high side. lik ard 140/90.. So he prescribed Methyldopa.. I asked abt the safety of this med on the baby n he said its safe.. Checked online.. Saw some nasty stories on the effects on this med.. I wonder if i shld start taking it.. Any mummies who have HBP n takin this too??

Mel, trust your gynae, he will do what is most suitable for you. Do you have a BP machine at home to check? You may take your pressure from left and then from right, for me, I'll have slight different reading between the 2, I discovered the last time. Kekeke.

Sensible lines milk trays, we can organize spree ourselves. http://www.amazon.com/Sensible-Lines-20060401-Milk-Trays/dp/B000ZK3YBC/ref=sr_1_19?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1319498176&sr=1-19

I used the food cubes for weaning food preparation., individual 1oz cube.

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Baby-Easy-Breast-Trays/dp/B0007CS4EU/ref=sr_1_17?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1319498387&sr=1-17

Morning mommies!

Ni > have PM you my h/p number yesterday. Hope you received it
happy.gif
So I will still see you at 12pm @ Orchard stn right? Hmm how do I 'identify' you? ;)

Cheeky, I want to check how long is the stick? I used Avent VIA cup for weaning. The cover is cover whole tray, not individually, right?

MEinMe: Yes. The tray cover is for the entire tray. Not individual sticks.
I think each stick is about 9 to 10 cm long? Can't really recall. I go home measure and update you again.

Wow, such awesome tips on bfdg n pumps etc. Found them informative even tho I'm a third-time mummy! Tx for your generosity mummies!

Mummies who've latched babies on right after delivery, when does that happen? After baby has been cleaned n weighed but you're still in the labour ward? Then nurses will wait while baby nurses before pushing you up to hosp room?

My babies were brought to me only abt 1-2hrs later when I was in hospital room cos I didn't request immediate latch on. Luckily still managed to bf them but thinking maybe third time round I'll request to nurse immediately.

Hi Mummies

Have been a silent reader of the forum, now that I'm past the 3 months "pantang stage" lol.. let me introduce myself.. =)

I'm a second time mummy, edd 23rd April.. and still learning the ropes.. =)

Hope to learn new things from everyone! =D

Hi all,

Went to for my 16th week check up and all is well! Finally get to see the little 1 after 1 mth! Next stop would be the 20 week detailed scan and hopefully will be able know the gender then!
happy.gif

Was windowing shopping and BabiesRUs after lunch and found tt the milk trays you gals were talking abt was having clearance sales.. A$10... and I bought 2.... heehee.... was thinking of you gals and whether shld help you gals get... but the postage here to back to singapore its quite exp... not sure if i would be worthwhile then...

thanks MeinMe! The photo guide is so handy!! i am def gonna try this method this time!

welcome Nature Lover,
ur EDD is just one day after me.=) i am also a second time mommy.

Gina,
I mentioned total BF and the nurse did ask me after weighing the baby if I want to latch on. And she heard the loud sucking and helped corrected me that there shouldn't be a loud sucking coz that means baby didn't latch properly. I would say do it asap after delivery. =)

tokkie - can i know which BabiesRUs store did u buy it from? I want to ask my cousin to get it for me cos she's cmg here in jan/feb for hornymoon.

tokkie - ok noted! i'll get her to check the ToysRus at Cannington first since she always go Westfield Carousel. Thanks for the tip!!

Back