(2012/04) Apr 2012

ahnah: sorry to hear about that, please pray for miracles to happen!

leebabytwo, yes i like mount A alot too! the nurses are very patient and nice! midwives too. i forgot how much Dr Ho HK charge for delivery leh. too long ago! haha. but i think c-sec is $3000. normal delivery much much cheaper.

LEEBabyTwo- My former gynae Dr ML Yeap was very supportive of my VBAC for my No. 2. However, after my No.2 was born, she left TPS and set up her own clinic at TMC. I prefer to stay with KKH so I didn't choose her for this pregnancy. You can consider her, but I don't know what her charges are like.

Ahnah: sorry to hear that, pray everything will turn out well!

The thread has been moving so fast. Its hard to catch up. Been feeling so tired lately and my ms is starting to show. But no puking just very nausea. It's so diff from the #1.. I was eating sooo much that I gained18kg thru out the whole pregnancy.. But now just no appetite for food.

For 2nd time mummies, do you find that #1 is extremely clingy to you? I am facing this problem now.. My #1 now is like super glued to me.. Reject daddy and grandma nowadays only want me to carry.. Whine and whine if I refuse..

Yup yup, VBAC means Virginal Birth After C-section.

Ahnah,
sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself n your wife ok?

El,
tnx tnx. I will check Dr ML Yeap up.

Ni,
when is your next appt? Dun mind keep me updated ok? Tnx.

Clingy 1st child,
erm... i dun i will know wat is the difference as my first one is always clingy to me in the first place.

Hi ppl, my gyane told me VBAC can be dangerous, and he advised me to go for C-section for my second child.

EI,
you're so brave to go for natural birth for your 2nd child.

Tiggon,
Some friends say our older kid can sense "competition" coming their way, even if they cannot see yet. I try to distract my child with activities with other family members so that i can take a break.

To other mummies,
Why is it that my tummy seems to have grown so fast in my second pregnancy? My tummy was still very flat at 3 months for my first kid, but now it's buldging at barely 2 months and I cannot wear a lot of my normal clothes anymore...

Ada: #2 usu will show faster cos all the muscles and body structure expanded for #1. Less resistance. For #1, I could wear my normal clothes till about 5 months. I am barely 7 weeks now and tummy bulging, some pants and skirts already getting tight.

Clingy 1st child: yes. I do get quite a bit of that. my mum says it's normal. cos kids got powerful 6th sense. they know competition is coming. =) i am going to try to make #1 guess if sibling is boy or ger too! haha... I think will be very funny. Cos #1 is just learning to talk a little.

Thanks for the explanation of what duphaston is.. Is it usually prescribed to mommies with weaker pregnancies or just a usual prescription like folic acid?
I just went for my first gynae appt today, gynae said all looks good but wants me to go back in 2 weeks time when I'm around 8.5 weeks thereabouts. Now wondering will that be necessary/too fast for 2nd visit?
Bb is 3.44mm measured! What should I be expecting to see at the 2nd visit?

I wished I could dye my hair too esp for my wedding next sun! But my hubby is just too paranoid that chemicals will affect the foetus, more so since my body is weak (just had a m/c less than 2 months back) and I don't care lah, I'm so eating the sharks fin next sunday. Lol!

Morning Mummies,
secret mummy jus msg me that she is not free tis morning. So those tot of going kindly make another arrangement wif her. Sorry for the confusion caused.

LeeBabyTwo: Dr Yeap will advise you about the risks of VBAC. For me she advised me that if I want to try for VBAC I cannot induce delivery as using drugs to trigger contractions would be risky. She also said that the labour from the start of contractions should be relatively short. I nearly went for C-section as my baby was past EDD, but fortunately went into labour EDD+1 day. I opted for no epidural as the first time round after I took epi, contractions slowed a lot and in the end I was unable to dilate beyond 9.5 cm. Ended up having emergency c-section as my boy's head was stuck.
For No. 2, labour was much shorter (5 hrs) and it was painful (no epi), but I felt a sense of achievement!

Hi Mummies,

I've just tested positive which came as a surprise for me, my EDD should be on 3rd May but i'll be having elective c sect (my 3rd baby), so will be delivering in April 2012 instead.

I'm still at a loss as totally didn't expect this pregnancy as my 2nd baby is only coming to 1 year old.

Hi andreanie,

VBAC - Vaginal birth after caesarean
Many mummies are talking about this in the forum.. for me I am opting the easy way out - c-section like my first one. My husb's theory is - no point getting cut at two places! As in stomach already cut one line, if V area did not expand enough will kenna cut in that area too. I thought quite true.. hahaha...

Hi Nigella, welcome. I understand your dilema. This is my second child but I am already wondering about what if I get a 3rd one "accidentally"... 2 is perfect for me yet I heard many cases about getting a #3 without planning.. and my mum and mil keep talking to me about having a #3 if this second one is not a gal (my first one is a boy). Haiz... I feel sian.. it doesnt matter to me girl or boy.

Hi Morning everyone,

What do you all do when have dizzy spell? Wake up in morning had breakfast only become dizzy again.

Cheekyduckie and butter panda both of u from aug 2010 thread rite?

leo_baby: no lar. me not from aug thread. =)
dizzy spell? ehh... eat sweets? drink more water? some ppl get dizzy cos low in sugar, some cos high/low blood pressure, some low in water. very hard to determine leh.

Morning everyone and welcome Nigella!

Leobaby- When have dizzy spell, I would definitely sit down (if standing). Take long deep breaths too and if it is very bad, put my head between my legs.

hi mummies, is this normal that at 6 weeks there is no heartbeat? even v-scan cannot detect...

can i know what is D&C?

Leobaby: Have u seen a gynae yet? took ur blood pressure and all? better let ur gynae know so that she can help. Else, sit down quickly, suckle on some sweet, drink some water. I always put sweets in my bag now. Try to sit down asap or squat down so that you don't fall.

D&C (http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/dandc.html)
D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. Dilation means to open up the cervix; curettage means to remove the contents of the uterus. Curettage may be performed by scraping the uterine wall with a curette instrument or by a suction curettage (also called vacuum aspiration), using a vacuum-type instrument.
Is a D&C necessary after a miscarriage?

About 50% of women who miscarry do not undergo a D&C procedure. Women can safely miscarry on their own, with few problems in pregnancies that end before 10 weeks. After 10 weeks, the miscarriage is more likely to be incomplete, requiring a D&C procedure to be performed. Choosing whether to miscarry naturally (called expectant management) or to have a D&C procedure is often a personal choice, best decided after talking with your health care provider.

Butter Panda - ooohhh thank you for the clarification. haha.. something new to learn every day!
happy.gif

miumiu> sometimes when u scan too early perhaps wk 5 plus instead of wk 6 you will not see any hb. Wait a bit longer and scan again. Sometimes bb are develop from not so good cells either the egg or the sperm not good and so they do not grow well and thus no HB. So then got to abort the pregnancy. Pls rest well and scan again later to chk.

Cheekieduckie and El> I had not chk BP as the six wk scan was only chk for bb hb then.

thanks cheekyduckie & leo.

gynae also prescribed me with Duphaston, which I very puzzled to take, cos i have no spotting and no history, also read that this is banned in US and UK, so very concern...somemore having terrible MS now scare i take the medicine will feel unbearable, cannot tahan in office...
sad.gif
what shld i do now? if no HB but no other symtoms even i take this can it help?

leo: Maybe go GP to chk BP or something? i got my BP and urine check at every visit. I guess diff gynae got diff practice.
My BP was at am amazing 150+ at my last visit! haha... sighz. I think i am going to be induced early again this time cos my BP just goes up up up. Trying to get lotsa sleep to keep my bp down.

Miumiu: get more rest. call up the gynae to confirm the medicine? shd be ok to take i guess. if the MS gets too bad, can take MC and bed rest?

hi, i've been a "silent" member for the past month coz waiting to see the heartbeat before i really join the forum.

had my apptment last sat and finally saw flickering hb and im now on the 10th wk. EDD April 2
happy.gif

so far, have a lot of MS, usually in the afternoon to evening...

Leo_baby-At TPS, usually check BP and do urine test (test for protein) at each visit. Yah, agree with Cheekyduckie that if you're worried, should get BP read at GP.

Miumiu - Sometimes it is too early to see hb. Maybe you can wait and see? When is your next apptmt?

Welcome surfinganalyst! We have a page for update of particulars somewhere but you have to scroll back in the archives....

El: The urine dip stick also check for sugar! not just protein. i always very gan jiong when doing the test. very scared see the squares change color.

Surfinganalyst: WELCOME!

cheekyduckie: Geez. I didn't realise it was also for sugar. Anyway, no idea what colour it is supposed to turn. Always just keep my fingers crossed that result will be "Nil"

Hi Leo_Baby! Yes I am aug 2010. Are u from that thread too? Actually your nick does ring a bell to me since some time back but then I guess the impression is not as deep as AhNah - maybe cos he's one of only the two males in the Aug2010 thread ahaha..

Hi surfinganalyst, welcome. My edd is the same as yours!

I've a question to ask everyone actually.. I've more discharge now than last time before pregnant. Sometimes it is quite yellow and sometimes not so yellow. But no foul smell in the daytime.. the smell sometimes become a bit foul but only at the end of the day. Is this considered normal? Wondering if i shld go to my gynae to check any yeast infection..

hi all, thanks for the warm welcome! we're having #2, had my DD last march 2009.
happy.gif

butterpanda - nice to know we have the same edd! how are u feeling? can't wait for the MS to go away...

Surfinganalyst - I can't wait for my ms to go away too. The more predominant symptom now is when I get very hungry, I feel very very terrible. Like something biting my stomach so I am having more meals a day.

And some mornings and sometimes middle of the night when i need to go pee, I feel very dizzy. My doctor prescribed me the nauseous tablets and I try to limit myself to take only once a day.

Other than that another obvious symptom is I don't dare to take drumsticks and wings or any meat that has bones in it cos' the raw smell makes me puke!

Now we are in 10 weeks.. I hope it can really go away by week 13.. fingers crossed.. and hope I can hide my stomach until then.. hehe...

What's your symptom like in the afternoon and evening?

Butter Panda: Discharge yes. Am getting quite a bit of it too. Sometimes yellowish sometimes not. As long as it's not consistently fishy in smell it's ok. Last time when i was down with yeast, the smell is really bad, changing liner every toilet visit also no use kind. Even using feminine wipes to clean also doesn't help.

Dizziness in the middle of the night. Try to keep a mug of warm honey or something next to you. When you wake up, take a sip, then slowly get off the bed. Don't just spring off the bed. Try not to make super big sudden movements. Something to do with the blood pressure suddenly changing might cause this temporary dizziness.

^5 on the raw smell!! I am skipping all the drumstick and thigh meat now. For #1 was worse, i had to totally cut off chicken cos of the frozen smell.

butterpanda - it seems like were on the same boat. i also cannot get hungry coz of my stomach acid so i always bring snacks with me.

i also felt dizzy in the middle of the night and evening vomited a few times
sad.gif
so far i haven't taken any nausea tablets. in the afternoon/evening, i will get very dizzy and feels like vomiting esp when going home on the mrt. i look like gal with hangover. lol

i dont really have any cravings or food aversions but im very sensitive to smell and taste. sometimes i will buy my lunch but after tasting it, have no more appetite so waste money..

i also tried to hide my tummy but so difficult, i always wear loose blouse in the office but running out of clothes soon! have to bring out my old maternity and shop for more!
happy.gif

Wow this thread is moving fast. Hi to all new mummies!

I get dizzy and pukey when I'm hungry too, so i'm constantly stuffing myself with food. Small but frequent meals... I'm grazing more than eating, and I am in love with anything carbo. Carbo seems to comfort my stomach well.

No vomitting though although I feel very nauseous in the mornings when I wake up & evenings before bed.

Last weekend my parents brought home some durians and I was sooo sick from the smell. Quite funny so I loved durians before I got pregnant. Made me want to vomit but nothing came out so I was gagging the whole weekend! Luckily they finished all the durians already.

2 more weeks before my first appt with gynae. Can't wait to see if everything's going well. Praying very hard that my pregnancy is a successful one.
happy.gif

Hi all.

I'm "dying" MS came full blast yty. Nothing helps.. no appetite for food too.. just try to sleep the day away.. luckily today is slightly better.

Looking forward to my visit to the gynae this sat.

Hi, I recently delivered and would like to clear some items which I’m no longer using.

These include:
Brand new baby and toddler clothes from Osh Kosh B’gosh/Carter’s/J Khaki/Nursery Rhyme, MyBrestFriend pillow, baby carrier, cot mattresses, Spiffies tooth wipes, Mothercare and carter’s prewalker shoes etc . Check out my link below!

Thanks, ladies who have visited my album before! I have added new items so do take a look.
https://picasaweb.google.com/101858061993997554978/ForSale?feat=directlink

If you see anything you need, pm me for discussion.
Lastly, have a safe delivery and enjoy motherhood!

hihi mummies! hvnt posted in quite awhile hees..
coz hv been feeling so unwell and nauseated for the past few weeks when i'm on duphaston. Finally decided to stop taking it last wkend and i felt so much better!!!! oops...i realli hope everythin will still go well leh....

Anyone gng for OSCAR soon? do we usu get the results on the same day? Coz mi gynae scheduled the test for me in the morn and then an appt for review in the aftn....

Hi DotzZZ, usually get results from OSCAR within 1/2 hour of the test. I'm going for it before my next gynae apptmt at the end of this month.

hi ladies, i am in week 8, going to 9 and feeling so sick.

had a craving for KFC last night. satisfied the craving, only to puke everything out 1 hr later.

contemplating to let my boss know, and try to get permission to work from home
sad.gif

Paranoid mummies going for oscar, try not to read the results before the gynae explain it to u. Else will risk scaring yourself.
So fast going for OSCAR! hoho... I think I will only be doing mine in early oct. So not looking forward to drawing blood. Yikes!
Can't wait for Oct to come quickly then it will be end of 1st tri for me.

CheekyDuckie, thanks for the advice! Seems like my discharge is quite harmless for now..

I agree - the big sudden shift in movement should be causing the nausea.. I will take care to move slowly now...

The raw smell - haha an interesting fact from my 1st pregnancy was I realised I could still eat KFC even though I have this ms symptom. All other restaurants and my MIL dishes I cannot tahan but not for KFC. Could be the way they cook it. I am going to try KFC again :p

Wow surfinganalyst, your ms symptoms are really quite heavy and esp. u need to take train, pls be extra careful! Hope the ppl are nice enough to offer you seat all the time..

Guilty confession - I am still wearing those Shu Yao Ku (tight pants that hide stomach), in an attempt to hide the fact for as long as I can.. really a bit uncomfortable to admit my preggy until the oscar scan is more or less over...

Tangerinez- yes, I have the same problem. Have craving for something, eat it and then puke it all out. Seems like baby cannot make up its mind! I had a craving for durians last night, ate it and then puked it out!

Surfinganalyst - Think that MS is worse when the bus/train is stuffy. Now I'm so sensitive to smells that I try to turn the vents at full blast at my face or stand somewhere where there is good ventilation. Find it especially nauseating if people bring food onto the bus/train. ugh.

Butter Panda. don't wear the tight pants. bad for bb's growth. try to not wear it ok.

For #1, I was addicted to KFC, all other fried chicken during 1st tri! then out of the blue, 2nd tri onwards, i just feel like puking when i was near these!
It's normal for our diet to change throughout pregnancy. So no need to be too alarmed. Just try to stomach as much healthy food and eat balanced meals.

Now, i do get a little queasy with the raw/frozen smell. but sometimes can eat, sometimes can't. very unpredictable.
i am also getting hungry real fast! but unlike #1, I totally have no idea what i want to eat. Headache! There is like absolutely nothing that i really want to eat, no craving, nothing. But yet when i just eat anything i can find, feel so unsatisfied, so unhappy. *Faintz*

cheekyduckie, ^5. i cant wait for oct and for the first trimester to be over soon!

MS got really bad last sat, and i was vomitting the entire evening. i was still fine in the morning!

butterpanda, i can only do so much to cover my tummy but my cheeks are chubbier than usual. haha..

CheekyDuckie - dont wear tight pants - Aww.. then I will get prepared for all the qns coming - "are you pregnant?!". Haiz.. I think so far none of you already got asked by colleagues bah? I think I will be the very first one!!

And Wow that's a frustration - not knowing what to eat! For me spicy food is still my favourite. Last time my #1 preggy I avoid garlic like hell! Now haven't got frightened by it - *keep fingers crossed*

Lilylynn - anyone in office suspect already? :p
My cheeks are more meaty - like double chin now, but I think maybe my colleagues just tot I put on fats :p

Anyone here can feel bb movement? I think I have been feeling it since 6 or 7 wks. Very tiny movement. Guess must be the position of bb as my 1st one I don't feel it. But this one I do.

ButterPanda: Sure got ppl ask lar! But just need to shoo it off lor. Try to work on choice of clothings. I think my biggest give away are my shoes. No Heels! Clothes still ok, cos my maxi dresses, babydoll dresses, baggy pants are still doing a fair bit of coverup for me.
My opinion, letting ppl know is better than causing harm to the baby.
I had a colleague who was so angry with ppl asking her that she went to tell another colleague that she "is not" pregnant very angrily! And that went around the office very fast. After that, everyone just stopped asking.

Another way, just cook up some stories about the many weddings or celebrations you had to attend, so the weight gain! it's a good time to do this now! Lunar 8th month! I have weddings to attend almost every other weekend from now!

ButterPanda - I was already asked by one of my colleagues last week - when I was 7 weeks! Tummy already showing so cannot hide!

butterpanda, only told a buddy in the office. i do have nosey ones asking my buddy but they all chickened when buddy said to ask me directly. heheh..

my face is so round, rounder than the moon....

but yes. since now is the festive season, there's another reason for all the weight gain! ;p

Back