(2012/04) Apr 2012

Thanks tangerinez. Got it now. I have updated the spreadsheet.

Hi Leo,
Glad to find you here
happy.gif
. Are you seeing Dr. Loh at TPS? When is your next appointment? My next appointment would be on 14 Sep. Looking at your nick, are you born in the month of Aug?

Angel & Leo,
I'm with SF Loh too at TPS! And am at 8 weeks too! Next appt 7 Sept. Just heard heartbeat at 164 beats 2 days ago. Wheee.

Hi Andreanie,
Cool, been meaning to colour my hair (more like cover the roots) but don't know where...so thanks for the recommendation!

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks andreanie. Shall try the hair colouring service soon. Hahaha!

I just bought myself Similac milk powder for preggy mommies. Apparently it's lowest in fat and has all the necessary vitamins and supplements we need.
Tastes not bad too just that it can be a tad bit tedious to dissolve the milk powder in a glass of hot water at times. Anyone get that too?

little, are you sure it is to be dissolved in hot water? i have not tried mummy's milk but most of my powdered milk works best with room temperature water. then i will top up with hot water after all the powder has dissolved.

absolutely! i have this huge bump just below my belly button and today i looked at my huge butt in disgust. and i'm not even a 2nd time mum whose bump would appear earlier.

who said abt looking great during pregnancy? i certainly don't feel that, esp when gas is trying to escape from either the mouth or ass every other min. hahahahaha

Tangerinez: haha... the looking great will kick in slowly! I totally love being preggers!
Whether or not the bump appear faster, depends on how strong your abs are also. Strong abdominal muscles will help to hold the bump in for longer. I could still fit most of my normal work clothes (minus those body hugging ones) until about 5 months preg for #1.

I think not so lucky this time round for #2. Especially when there are already ppl giving up seats when i wasn't even preggers. Signs of bad maintenance after #1. hahahaha...
I can't wait for 1st tri to be over. Then I can start my pre-natal yoga and other exercises.

i used clearblue and tested positive on the 17-Aug and im 5 week preg! i can feel a meat is inside me and sometimes can feel the hb. anyone has the same feelings?

Andreanie - Thanks for sharing your experience. Must have been a tough time for you & hubby, and i'm sorry about your loss... insya-Allah, all will go well for your current pregnancy.
happy.gif

Lucinda - Congrats!!

LittleDd - I'm drinking fresh milk & soya milk on a daily basis now. Don't think i can manage with powdered milk though. I'm not quite the fan of milk.

Anyway, i had to go the A&E at KKH this morning for bad cramps & nausea. I was almost sure i'd faint or something... but thank goodness everything was alright. My gynae wasn't around this morning so she sent her buddy over to check on me.

Buddy gynae did a scan and informed me i'm actually in my 6th week, round about the time morning sickness symptoms would appear so it's normal to feel nauseous. As for the cramps, they were just a bad case of indigestion & constipation. I feel so relieved after that. Hubby scolded me for worrying so much and causing so much stress to the little one.

Now that i've done a scan at the gynae, i feel so much better. Jiayou to all of us!

miwa: congrats! i'm sure you are excited but it's impossible for you to feel bb's hb heee. pretty sure the hb that you are feeling is your own. you would tend to have the heart pounding feeling because your heart is now working harder to pump blood to your little one.

hannah: glad you are fine now! it must have been very worrying! did you get to hear bb's hb during the scan? exciting!

Tangerinez, no I didn't. Its still very small.. Just a white dot on the screen. I hope by my next appt (21 Sept) I can hear the heartbeat!

Hmmm.. I'd think room temperature water would be hard for the milk powder to dissolve in than hot water? Maybe we could use a blender and make a shake! Hahaha

No cravings today nor any preggy symptoms at all. Sigh. Not even fatigue nor ms or anything. Should I be worried since I just had a m/c 1.5 months ago? Im at week 5 and a half, shouldn't I feel something like you girls? Only yesterday I felt tired but that could be due to work stress?

Sigh
sad.gif

Kimmy,
That's wonderful. How do you find Dr. Loh waiting time in TPS? Did doctor arrange the Oscar test for you already?

Miwa,
It's a bit too early to feel the baby hb. Could be your own hb. Is this your first?

LittleDd,
In My previous pregnancy, I do not have any MS at all. Very different from this time, not too worry, every pregnancy is different.

Hi Mummies and Mummies to be
I am expecting my #2! Edd based on LMP should be ard end April.

Have yet to make an appt with my gynae yet. Am thinking of changing my gynae to Dr HK Ho. Any mummies here has got any comments about him?

So far, I haven't gotten any MS even for my #1 there wasn't any except when I am brushing teeth then I do feel a little nausea. Right now, no cravings nor any symptoms too.

All Mummies> Just somethings to share. Learned from a gynae before that the best ways to take thru Ms times is to sleep thru. the 3rd mth is the period of most MS for most ppl so if need be go get MC and stay home to sleep. BB grows when we are sleeping and if you had visited the site I posted 2nd & 3rd mth is the time when growth of bb is most, Or rather its the time when they take shape. So do rest well.

Hi Mummies,
Jus wanna let out abit here.
I was jus back from KKH about 2 hours ago. I was so upset by my gynae from Sun Plaza. I told him a few times that I haf yellow discharge wif stench n itch but he told me its ok without even examing me. It has been 3 weeks since the first day i seen him. I dun feel rite and started asking around.
I happened to ask two people from medical field today and they told me its not normal. One of them is my sister who has 2 children. She advised me to see doc asap. It was 4plus then. I was not able to get any gynae plus tomolo n monday is a public holiday, so I walk into a GP. GP after hearing wat I m experiencing refer me straight to the KKH women's A&E clinic. Stupid me din tot of KKH Women's clinic that i can go to.
After all the test, its confirmed that I haf infection on my virginal area. All these cost about $150 scan, $10 per capsule of medicine & $28 GP cost. Money is one thing, if any happens to my bb then how? Not forgetting the mental n physical strain on the mummy.
I tink I haf enough! I m not going back to him. The first two session wif him, he cannot detect my bb heartbeat after checking for a while n ask me to go TMC n to do a fetal viability test. The bb heartbeat is detected by the nurse once the scan was done. These cost me 3 hours of wait and $200plus!! As I mentioned earlier, money is one thing, but the mental stress during the in between wait for to see the bb heartbeat. :-s

Ladies, how much u spend at your Gynea every visit? My 1st visit cost me $333 which include tummy scan, hcg test, medicine include 21 duphaston, 30 prolacta dha, 14 Neogobion.

His package only can start 3 months onwards whch is $900 not include delivery.

I trusted him as he is my Gynea since my etopic 7 yrs ago so I dun really Wana switch. But prices are scary now plus his waiting time is very long.

Leebabytwo, just switch Gynea if u not comfortable rather den let it upset u. I think ur Gynea got the Bo chup attitude. Yeast infection is very common in woman even for preggers. He should detect it the 1st time u told him. I know the itch can be unbearable so he shld not let u suffer so long

Eileen,
Sorry to hear that. Please take good care...

Mayuki,
here is the breakdown.
$130 consultation
$90 Ultrasound
$5 urine
$15 pregnancy test
$25 Prolacta
$42 Duphaston
$5 neogobion
+7%GST = $333.84

I see liao wana faint

Hi tiggon, congrats and welcome here!! I m also expecting my #2 and currently seeing Dr Ho Hk at Mount A. He is also the gynae for my first child. I personally find him v good. His stitching skills are excellent that I can jump out of bed right after my delivery, to see my son in the nursery. Totally no pain. He is pro natural too. Except for his fees are pretty steep, around $260 for first visit, subsequent visits about $160. and package only start frm 20 weeks onwards.

Littledd: I also dun feel ms and preggy symptoms on some days. but on some days the ms does hit really hard. I guess it's normal

Eilen: sorry to hear about your loss. Take care and do a mini confinement. Bb will come knocking on your door soon!

Leo,
I also had a boy about 2.5 years old. How old is he now?. What time is your appt? Mine is 4pm.
Btw, did Dr Loh suggest you Oscar test? I took up a package that do blood test around week 9-10 follow by ultrasound between week 11-13. It costs about $300+

Mossy,
My first visit cost about $100. Doctor did not charge for the scan. Your charges sound quite expensive? Which gynae and hospital?

Tiggon,
Congrats and welcome!

All Mummies,
Are we suppose to take any supplement other than folic acid for now?

Added myself into the list. =)

Mayuki: According to my gynae, (cooked) salmon is good. Avoid mackereel and tuna coz of mercury.

Personally, I dont feel like eating fish now coz of my MS. Only fishballs, fish cakes or fillet-o-fish works for me.

Hi ni,

The price is really steep. How much will the package be aft 20 weeks? My #1 was csec so most likely will be going for another csec. I read from other threads that his stitching is v good and he is a painless doc too. So maybe he is worth to consider going to him
happy.gif

Angel- the supplements that we shld be taking for now will be folic, obimin, calcium. But I haven't seen a gynae yet so I am only taking folic for the time being.

Mayuki- cooked salmon is good but I guess everything to be eaten in moderation is the key to our diet.

My doc is Dr SP Teo at balestier plaza. I know he is expensive. I may want to change dr if he still charge me that much.

Hi mossie

Wow your gynae charges sound expensive but I do know some gynae do more checks like blood test etc for 1st check up. That's what my 1st gyane did. My 2nd one only did a tummy scan that's all. His charges is $60 for consultation and $40 for scan. But mine doesn't have package. But his overall charges are still cheaper than my 1st gyane who had. So doesn't mean package means cheaper overall.

As for supplement, during first trimester, folic acid is sufficient. Only 2nd tri onwards my gynae will prescribe Obimin which is multi-vits. I get the rest of the supplements thru natural foods as I hate to swallow pills... For those mummies who are still waiting to see gynae, don't forget to start taking your folic acids!

Re fish, yeah salmon is rich in omega3 and i take cod fish too. I eat variety of fish actually as i try not to take everything too excessive just in case... =)

Attended hubby's company function last night and wore and maxi dress as couldn't fit into my usual dinner dress! Arwgh!! My tummy is showing. Too fast isn't it?

Had the spicy frog porriage for supper last night. Pure heaven. This bb dragon sure like hot and spicy food!

Hi Odiey,
I shall check out tomorrow when i go back to see the dr. i am reluctant to change so i will check out on the subsequent payment with his nurses before i decide.

Eliz, my tummy is definitely bigger although it was already big to begin with. My constant hunger contributed to it. I am also slightly constipated now.

Anyone got constipation?

constipation - not so soon for me.. but I know it will be bad in 2nd and 3rd trimester.. >.<

had some bah kut teh this afternoon. the meat was not totally cooked, a bit pinkish in the interior.. now feel like puking... even vicks also dun help... arghh...

Hi Mummies to be,
i am selling the following, PM me if you are keen in any

Ardo Calypso Dual Breast Pump at $280
Bought in Feb 2011 at $350. Used for 2 months.

Pigeon Silicone Nipple Shield (x 2) at $2 per pc

Capella Stroller 2009 version S705 (3 years old) at $100

Munchkins Soothing Crib Light &amp; Sound - $15.00

Good morning Mommies! It's a rainy Monday today, really hard to get up wasn't it? How was your weekend?
Mine was full of hunger panks -.-

Am looking forward to my first appt this Fri when I am 6 weeks and 3 days along!

Getting worried I won't look my best at my wedding next month since my evening gown is a tight fit one.
sad.gif

littledd, morning! im excited too. first appt on wed, just after hari raya.
happy.gif

don't worry about the wedding. a girlfriend of mine held hers when she's at 3 months and she still looked fab.
happy.gif

tangerinez, i noticed a bump below my bellybutton too! hubs wanted to take photos of my growing bump weekly starting at 6 weeks, and we took one more over the weekend at 7 weeks. seems like the little one is growing! of cos, my weight have significantly increased and so does my MS!
sad.gif

mossie
I also got tummy which i suck in all the time but now preggie, painful to suck in so i don't. sigh.. feels so fat
sad.gif

Hi mummies,
So sian to be a work on a rainy grey monday. But only looking forward to the PH tml.
Selamat Hara Raya to all mummies here! =)

Mossie: For my 1st pregnancy i had bad constipation after consuming iron supplements. Then gynea advised can take Fybogel or stick close to meat diet for iron intake. Fybogel works for me so far.

As for milk powder: they do dissolve in room temperature water! For 1st pregnancy, i also tot need to drink the milk hot. Until once i tried to drink it cold, it turned out to be yummy! I was so happy. Since then i take my milk in room temperature water =)

The puky feeling doesnt bothers me much now - maybe becos i have been sticking to small meals.

Hi mummies! Hope everyone's feeling good!

I had my first puke last Friday but pretty sure it was from indigestion. Been feeling much better ever since. MS not there all the time anymore and I've learnt to not worry about it.

Bb dragon really loves spicy food. I can't take spicy food very well last time but now I dip everything in belachan if I can. Lol.

I haven't been drinking fresh milk or powdered milk because of nausea but I also feel like a bad mummy. My multi vit only has 300mg of calcium. Should I start drinking milk even if I feel terrible?
sad.gif

And yes milk powder works a lot better in room temperature water! Hee..

Lily: my bump comes and goes. Lol. I think the bump was more of wind than baby. And I've not put on weight! So sad. Cos not much appetite. Esp dislike white rice, chicken, other meat, steamed fish and anything that's bland. Oily, fried, heavy foods, I welcome them! Lol.

hi ladies (^o^)v

my appetite really very bad this week. my MIL cooked so much food last night... but I can only squeeze in just alittle bit of white rice and steam egg.
i dislike fish(my favourite loh.. but not now), and all oily food..

and now I only lovee to drink ribena and eat sour plum!

can't wait for my appt this wednesday...
hope can see the little bb heartbeat =)

Hi Mummies,
I was at KKH tis morning. Wow! KKH is like shopping mall now. Went round Mothercare and First Years. I know its a bit early but I cannot resist to buy a really cute bring yellow newborn romper.
Now then i realise newborn n 0months onwards romper is different. LOL! But enjoy looking at the bb stuffs. :)

hi mummies,

really had a very bad feeling last two weeks.. been puking out food and acid days and nights..

thought the 2nd pregnancy is better.. too bad it is the same as my 1st pregnancy..

my GP given me some pils for nausea and vomiting.. but dun dare to have them as not sure if good for baby..any mummies having those medicine?

i was hoping if the nausea and MS can over soon...is the sour plum really helps to prevent vomit?

Hi mayuki, think my EDD will be very close to yours.

hello mommmies, I'm at week 6 and get turn off at the thought of food but not puking nor anything.

Any mommies at 6 weeks with no preggy symptoms too?

hi Mayuki,

thanks for your advise, i have just vomit out half of the chicken rice i took during lunch.. ya, think i should take the light food.

really hope the workings hours can be shorter or can pass faster..

are you working? so did your colleagues notice your pregnancy?

i hope i can keep it until everything stable.. but with numbers of times of vomiting at washroom, not sure how long i can keep..

Hello Jojay,

How many weeks along are you? I'm at early 6 weeks so maybe not yet... lol

What do you vomit out? Acid or real food you ate earlier? I'm very afraid of vomitting.

hi littledd,

I am on week 6 too, my EDD is 18 April. when is your EDD?

I vomitted both food and acid.. very bad feeling..
sad.gif

Back