(2012/03) Mar 2012

Back from HK! Had a horrifying experience. Those tt have my FB should know wat happened. HK Disneyland is definitely on my ban list till I'm free to fight those uncivilise ATs! Injured till no mood shop n can't eat properly.

BB, I duno gender yet
happy.gif
me only at 17 wks now cannot confirm yet. Waiting for detail scan on 21st.

Morning mummies,

seem like this thread is quite quiet now... Recently, due to org change in my dept, i got a chance being promoted. To me, it is double happiness - promotion + a baby boy (wish).

I would like to share my good luck to all mummies.

Today, my girl is in the new child care centre. She is not used to it, keep crying when i left the place. Feel so heart-pain, hope she can used to it asap.

hi hi everyone! I am new here. A first time mother to be... About 5 weeks now...
Is anyone seeing Dr Brian Chow from Lucky Plaza?
I am seeing him now because Lucky Plaza is right next to my office... he seems nice... and I have visited him 3 times already, did 2 ultrascans, first time could not see my baby, 2nd time was just 2 days ago and could see the sac but not the heartbeat...
the first time we went (hubby was with me...) after he confirmed my pregancy, he ask if it is good news... which we said yes la...
Then the 2nd time I did the scan my hubby did not go with me... this is the first time we saw the black dot that doc say is the baby... he then ask me if I am keeping the baby.....
He is a nice doctor... but why he keep asking such questions?? Anyone who is also with him?

<font color="000080">Hi Hilda, I've seen once Dr Chow before (he was my usual gynae's relief when my own doc was on leave). Agreed that he's very nice. Maybe he see you look young so just wants to confirm that you are keeping the bb
happy.gif
</font>

sorry! now that you mention, I realised I got onto the wrong thread. LOL...

Thanks Tethtsea for your reply. we are in our late twenties.. not that young la... I hope you are right... that he just wants to re-confirm... LOL...

OK... signing off here... Off to find June Mummy thread now.
happy.gif

Hi Maple, congrats! Ur gal will get used to Childcare soon! Dun worry!

I went to see my gynae yesterday coz I was feeling unwell. N he went thru my blood tests w me. The results wasn't good &amp; I m going for a detailed scan next Thursday to ensure tt everything is ok for my little one.

<font color="000080">kaye >> I read that blood tests have higher chance of false positive results. My triple scan results also haywire, but bb is ok. Don't worry too much!</font>

Tethysea, my gynae also assured me that it will b ok. But he wants to play safe so ask me to go for a detailed scan.

hmm... anybody here attend prenatal yoga?? wanted to go but so far can only find true fitness and a shop in forum shopping center offering it... any recommendation?

Brand new Singapore set (Bought from mom and babes) medela swing pump with end Oct warranty. Selling $250. MSG 96922155 to deal.. unopened and blank warranty.

hi mummies...

Daisy
no leh...sweet stuffs doesn't work for me
sad.gif

zelda
you took alot of cold stuffs too?? bb ok ah? see your message at least feel more relief...LOL

my #1 not easy to take care...pple say can be due to wat i eat during preggy... sigh...that's why now i keep worrying this and that....

Sorry to disturb... this might interest some of you on the go.
this is what you need to bring along with your baby!

For only $16!!! was $19.90 with FREE POSTAGE
Other designs available too. PM me for details

6247130.jpg

littlek
I just started doing prenatal yoga! I bought a DVD and just follow the instructions... thing is I have been doing this style of yoga for 3 years + already very regularly, so the modified pregnancy postures are ok for me. not sure what else to say, lemme know if you have questions!

I heard there is a pretty good class at forum the shopping mall but am a bit ... well, lazy to travel so far.. ;)

snowluplup
yes, there is a more active FB group - i got in there by PM-ing Daisy =)

Morning mummies,

Thanks Kaye... guess would be more busier for me to handle works + family.

Hope for the best. Guess we still have 4mths to go and our little one would be arrived...all mummies jia you!

Hi,

Can someone please help me to update my details please? Seems that I am not able to update it and my previous update disappeared. Thanks!

Nickname: micky_tan (Michelle)
EDD: 1st March 2012
Child # 2
Gynae: Dr John Yam
Hospital: Gleneagles
Residing area: West
Baby Gender: Boy

Snow, my #1 also nt easy to take care. She was a Merlion plus got eczema. I got very pissed off when my in laws blamed tt it's due to my pregnancy diet. I ate watever I like but I did stay away fr cold stuff as much as possible. So conclusion, just eat everything in moderation &amp; stay away fr cold stuff where possible.

Coz sometimes how e baby turns out is hereditary. My hubby dun hv good skin so pass it down to my gal. My gal got reflux prob also passed it down fr my side.

So dun worry too much!

greenleaflet
ahh..thanks for that...

k@ye
thanks for that. but sometimes just crave for cold stuffs and take a few sips on it. sometimes when i feel like puking, i just suck on an ice and i feel so much better...

now i don't control my diet as much as my #1, hopefully #2 is easier to take care.

Jia,
ok, noted.
happy.gif

My gynae is John Tee too. I'm seeing him at AMK clinic, you?

Jac,
I've locked the doc as always have people messing up the details. You can pm me or leave message here. I'll do the update.
happy.gif

hmm...BB think my record went missing too....can add me in again? Sorry...

Nickname: micky_tan (Michelle)
EDD: 5th March 2012
Child # 2
Gynae: Dr Chris Chong
Hospital: Gleneagles
Residing area: West
Baby Gender: Tentatively Girl

Hihi... I am a Nov mummy.
Wanting to sell a preloved playpen.
Self collection at CCK.
Selling at $45.

Condition: 8/10
When folding, one of the bottom legs could not be fold as I had previously tighten it to secure the playpen. Now cannot unscrew. Still foldable and can put into car.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!
6252040.jpg

Snow,
you copied and pasted Micky's post is it? Same nick. :p

Yes, you are already in the list ah. #14.

Jia,
oh, then I might have seen you around, hehe. I'm seeing him there next Thurs again. When's your next appt?

BB
oops sorry...yah lor..i copied over cos i scared missed out details... xp

paiseh... let me go home and check again.. was searching for mine last night but couldn't find it...must be cocked eye liao...

Thanks BB!

Hello everyone!

Am having a headache here over domestic helper issues. Not sure if anyone of you can give me some suggestions? (Sorry for long post ahead!)

My current one has been with me for over 1.5years. Her initial intention was to stay on after her contract and I will increase her pay by $100 to match the new pay in the market.

Recently I found out she went to register with another maid agency. Then I tried to test her out by saying my #1 will be going to playgrp next year. She responded by saying she may not be working, she still considering. I got a rude shock. We then understand why she is getting so sloppy in her work.

Yesterday, she tried to ask me to sign a Letter of transfer form for her. I refused because I have no idea who her agent is and who is this prospective employer. Oh and she has yet to have an interview with the agency. I told her she only have 2 choices. I will only send her back to where I got her or back home. She told me not to send her back to agent as she no longer have contract with them, dun send her back home as well as the new agent mentioned something about going to Batam.

I didn't want to send her back to Indonesia as she bought a land back at home and has about 2 instalments left. If I send her back, she will have to pay agency loan again to come back to work. (My mum sounded her out, she say the agency told her with her 3yrs experience she can be paid $500.. not sure how true)

I then went to an agency under my friend's recommendation. They recommended a transfer Myanmar maid, quite new, English not very good. Well, my mum say there will be problem communicating with her over the phone if we take her. So I didn't pay anything and told them I will consider.

Then I googled and found out the potential agency has quite a number of bad reviews since '09. Last mth they were slapped with a fine for fixing maids' salaries. So I decided not to get from them.

Yesterday, I found out from my mum that she actually told my maid we are looking for a replacement(which I told her not to.. afraid she might start to take stuff and pass to friends outside, knowing that she is leaving- happened to my sister). My mum told me the reason for telling her is to let her know blah blah then hope she will stay, which I already told my mum I am not going to "retain" her, as she is giving quite a number of problems and I can't open one eye close one eye le
sad.gif

I understand that getting a maid is basically like gambling. It depends on luck. But I need to find an agency that will help me if I run into trouble with the maid. Will be going back to the current agency and see if there are any transfers or suitable ones, can't be too smart to overwrite my mum or I (my current maid is like that -_- Tell her not to, she still will do it her way. Only plus point is she can cook w/o supervision.)

Do any of you have any recommendations and what should I look out for? I first chose my current helper as she was interacting well with my girl on the spot when she was 3mths old. We found out that she will lock herself and my girl in her room while she sleeps in the afternoon and my girl plays in her room.

AHHHHHH *pulls hair* Only can train this upcoming holiday b4 i go back to work again...

Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated! TIA!!
happy.gif

Sorry to disturb but I've a brand new with tag Kate Spade Classic Noel Stevie Baby Bag for sale. Bought from kate spade boutique.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h459/weheartbagz/Kate%20Spade%20Batch%202/ClassicNoelStevieBabyBag.jpg

BRAND NEW WITH TAG
Cotton noel jacquard with patent pvc trim
Short shoulder tote with zipper closure
Black/porcelain bi-color webbing
Two Side Exterior Pockets with Ribbon tie
Two Side Wall Pockets
Changing pad included
ksny blind embossed signature on licence plate
Great for mummies on the go or it can be used as a normal tote bag.
Approx 16" L x 10.75" H x 8" W

Selling price: 380 SGD (includes shipping+handling)
Will come with Kate Spade dust bag, care card and price tag.

This retails for 445 USD!

Pls email [email protected] for more info. I'm totally reliable. can email me for my feedback links for sgselltrade, sgspree etc.

Ginack: think u need to check wif ur agency to see if they give u 1-2 free maid exchanges in case ur new maid not so good or don't interact well wif ur gal. Now an indo maid wif experience cost at least $470 per mth. I'm not sure what is e mkt rate for agency fees as I got my existing maid thru' direct hire 2yrs ago. Good luck!

Hi Mummies!!

Do drop by Facebook to take a look at our latest baby and children clothings!

Pls LIKE our page, Mummies Corner, in Facebook to see latest updates and sales!!

Cheers and have a smooth pregnancy!! LOVE!!!

Back