(2012/03) Mar 2012

blitx - dont worry ! after birth can slim back , u intend to breastfeed? if yes , will slim even faster!

depends how ur confinement will be , if not washing hair too often den short hair will be good .. who will be doing ur confinement ? =)

dudette - i guess TMC have package most likely , maybe can consult ur gynae whether she have package and how the cost will be ..

guess the consultation fee will be the same as i guess ur taking private patient in kkh rite?

tine177 - noooooooo .. lol

i guess at current age , nobody can tahan 1 mth of not washing hair , our weather in sg is freaking hot LOL !!

tethysea - wow ,tats really long .. update us on ur results after seeing gynae ok ? =)

Hi mummies,

Some colleagues told me they did not wash their hair for 2 weeks loh...I was thinking how to tahan...I dont intend to cut my long hair...I rather tie it up. I feel that cleanliness is very impt. I guess we will be very tired after giving birth, we need to be comfortable and cool, then will have good mood to take care of baby.

I don't think I will be following confinement rules. haha...Hoping to be back in action ASAP then I can continue with my routine.

Really missed cycling...and travelling...I feel so grounded now....tsk tsk tsk ....

Hi Michelle 2002,
Yup new here. Seldom post haha.

actually i am thinking should i cut my hair short ... i still have one month time to decide before dec go cut and colour my hair ....

if you ask me 2weeks dont wash hair .... i think lots of funny smell come from my own body lor .... there is herb thing can bath but trouble is you need to ask ur cl boil la .... i rather alternate wash my hair

morning mummies!!

Daisy
ah...so i don't have to worry if not taking the pills...my #1 i didn't take the 1st trim but 2nd trim onwards i force myself to take... now i got no appetite to take it at all

blitx
thanks for the advice. Will try to take at different interval but sometimes i forgot to bring it to office so ended up taking all at home at 1 interval...sigh...

yesterday took the pills and nearly puke...went to take some ice and put in my mouth then i feel better... realise i like to take cold stuffs with this pregnancy...is it bad for health ah?

tine177 - OMG !! i salute ur colleagues haha

i previous know some mummies during the hospital stay , they told me they dont wash for 1mth LOL !

for my #2 stay in hospital , wen they saw me washed my hair after my birth , they complained to my mom and kinda scolded me , telling me that how unbearable they oso bear for 1mth .. =x

but tat was in 04 , doubt now cant find 1mth really dont wash hair de bah haha

i guess travelling will be ok now , get a break before baby pop out =)

Carice - since ur washing hair as usual with herbs maybe get a trim will do , unless ur wanna have a new image with a new short hair =)

snow luplup - i had during 1st trim as baby is unstable but once gynae told me baby is stable and i was so happy and skipped all my supplements haha !!

did u try any sour plums for the MS feel?

personally , i tink moderate consuming cold stuffs is ok .. =)

<font color="ff0000">Hi Mummies, I got this as a gift , its brand new and sealed, retailing at Kiddy Palace for $55.90 and I let go at $40 Pl pm me if you keen ;)</font>

6225329.jpg

6225330.jpg

6225331.jpg

daisy
i tried sour plum...makes me puke more... so i don dare to take after that...

ester
i heard about the dry shampoo too and can get from hospital pharmacy but i didn't use that as i use herbs to bathe and wash my hair

tine177
wah 2 weeks no wash hair? i tried to endure for 2 days only i cannot tahan liao... asked my mum to make the herbs for me to bathe and wash my hair...since then every alternate days she will boil the herbs for me to bathe and wash my hair...whew! better than nothing manz...otherwise i feel so stinky

<font color="000080">Was out the whole day so didn't have a chance to update, but anyway went gynae this morning and confirmed everything normal!
bounce.gif

BB >> Please help me update the table - EDD shifted to 22 Mar, and I'm having a girl
happy.gif
</font>

Hi all, hope everyone is doing fine. I was down with flu &amp; cough since last weekend, it just got better today, not sure how long I would take to recover.

BB> I've pmed you to help update my details into the spreadsheet.

Can someone help to add me into FB group? My email addr is [email protected], thanks! :D

Esth3r, I heard dry shampoo is worse. It's like powder and imagine your hair oily and the powder just stick onto it. After a while it'll get clumpy and your hair grey and white. I don't think I can take it. Haha!! =X

esth3r
you can get the herbs from medical hall. you tell them for confinement use, they know...

can someone add me to FB group too?

Brand new Singapore set medela swing pump with warranty. Selling $250. MSG 96922155 to deal. Giving up as it is a gift from friends. Unused and unopened.

Hi Esth3r,
You need to buy a big pot to boil the herbs. You can use the herbs to bath and wash hair.

I don't understand why woman cant wash hair or bath during confinement. I thot cleanliness is good, it keeps the germs away and wound will recover faster. The Ang Mohs don't do confinement or eat confinement food and they are still so healthy.

esther - heard of some powder to keep cool and dry on our heal scalp but didnt try b4

heard that chinese medical hall shld have and apply on hair and 'shampoo' like normal like tat ..

like gentle beaks say , guess seldom got ppl will use that on a oily , sticky scalp with adding powder will get more pekche i tink

snow luplup - sweets? does it works? sometimes might be due to like take sweet stuff den sour stuff , at first i keep on trying on something which can help in my MS lol

tethysea - grats !! u can have a piece of mind le =)

bunnybluey - ur email cant be found so cant add u =)

tine177 - old ppl feel after birth our pores are open and therefore if water go in we will get fengshi , however no scientific proof la just that its kinda a tradition pass down in the chinese ..

up to each i guess , some ppl will stick on confinement food all this

how abt u ? will u stick to confinement ?

Star_nn, tethysea, Ling,
genders and details updated.
happy.gif

Congrats Tethysea!

Momoko,
think I read in FB yours a gal, right? Updated too. Pardon me if I read wrongly.

Bunny,
input your details but lack of EDD.
happy.gif

Esth3r,
I tried the "dry" shampoo for my last confinement. Basically it's quite useless except for that immediate moment. Few hours later, you will feel all sticky and oil on your hair.

Wash on alternate days with warm herbal water works better la.
happy.gif

Actually I heard from someone (old folk somemore) the reason why they don't let women wash hair during confinement cos older days no hair dryer and they just leave it to dry. They end up with colds/flus so old folks started to say don't wash hair &amp; passed on till now.

But now we have hair dryers, just make sure dry yourself/hair properly after washing then should be ok.

<font color="000080">Thanks for the well wishes!
happy.gif
I feel a bit like those couple who just tested positive... haha! It's such a load off my mind. </font>

Carice, gynea told me its a gal when i scan at 16weeks.;) b4 that, i keep telling bb to let me know her sex earlier so i can buy things for her but i also never buy anything for her after tt..;p

duno when i shld start buying, scare buy too early...

oh, is there any particular brand of milk bottles to buy or juz any bottles will do? also will be keen to breastfeed but scare no enough milk n got to supplement with FM, so any good FM to intro?

daisy, can add me to FB, i pm u my email add. thanks!

oh, congrats to tethysea for the positive results!

Tine77: Tks for the intro. I like fitball as it's good stretching esp for me with weak back. Will register on Wed when back to work as need to fax. Currently I'm on leave taking care of #1 as my mom went Hokkaido. I'm not sure the first few mths aft #2 arrive will hv time to go exercise mah. I wish I can resume my jogging soon. Miss my runs
sad.gif
But abit scared breastmilk leak or hv engorgement how to run wif 2 rocks on the chest ;p Think I'm paranoid! Travelling more difficult wif 2 kids. I oredi mentally prepared that I'll hv no more holidays for at least 1 yr
sad.gif

snow_bb: Don't worry, I love cold drinks too. Have been drinking non-stop when I have #1 too. Think ok de la ;p

littlek: You can try NUK bottles. I love them. For FM, you can get free samples from hospital aft delivery. Don't buy first. If you buy, you will not persist in bfg &amp; will give up easily
happy.gif

BB - i guess tat one is momo mummy which is expecting girl de..

littlek - no problem , recieved the pm and added u le =)

Mickey_tan: I'm one of those mummies who wash hair e next day. So far ok too. Maybe need to c 20yrs down e road whether ok or not ;P

I think last time can't wash hair or bath is due to e poor hygienic conditions. Warrao, if now can't wash this &amp; tt sure, kena hygienic problem

zelda> 20yrs down the road, who will know whether it's bcos of this or it's due to other problems.. Haha..

k@ye> hm.. i didn't bathe also for 3 weeks but i wipe with warm water + a few drops of the confinement body wash from this website. Tot it'll help to get rid of some wind @ least. Psychologically trying to convince myself i guess. Haha...

zelda> It seems easier than I tot. Hopefully this time round I will persevere. Hehe..

Btw, are you gals having any sprees to buy bb stuff?

Hi all,

Can anyone add me at FB? my email:[email protected]

Hi BB, can add me to the list?

Age: 33 / EDD: 25 mar / Child#: 1 / Status: FTWM / Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang /Hospital: Mount A / Residing area: Woodlands / Baby Gender: Girl

Thanks

Been a very long time since I last posted. Have always been a silent reader.

Hi BB, Could you help me to update. Mine's a boy. Thanks.
happy.gif

The boys are catching up!!!

I went to kkh yesterday to sign up for e aqua fitness class. Piang, all fully booked. Put myself on e wait list for jan 2012!

Hi BB, kindly help me update the BB gender
happy.gif
mine is BB girl. Thank u
happy.gif
I started buying baby stuffs. Bought sterilizer avent and milk bottles. Some new born clothes. Haven't bought the stroller yet. Any recommendation from u guys? First time mom. Very happy to buy BB clothes. Frequent visitor to kiddy palace
happy.gif

Back