(2012/03) Mar 2012

GG Lee,
yup, yup. I prefer to eat the fruit than juice. I tried prune juice but I find it too sourish and "siap siap".

Good Morning Ladies,

Thanks for all the prayers
happy.gif
I really appreciate it very much
happy.gif
*hugs*

BB
My gynae measured my bb and it is only 11mm where it should have grown to at least 15mm-16mm for 8wks3 days+/-. Based on the size of the baby, she said that there is signs that the bb growth is beginning to slow down.

I asked her if the hb was normal and strong and she said yes. Based on her experience, normally the hb would hv weaken and eventually stopped so she is equally puzzled that the heart is still going strong. However, she still concluded that it will eventuall slowed and stopped.

Now, I'm searching for another gynae for 2nd opinion, someone who is good in high risk pregnancy like this :S

Wanted to try Dr. Ann Tan at Mt E but her reviews are pretty negative so now still looking :S

Though we are prepared for the worst but just wanted to know if there are ways to help. My drinking of 3-4 ltrs of water for the past 2 wks did not help improve the amniotic level at all. *sigh*

Wanna update about my checkup on last Sat. BB is 4.7cm now, EDD pushed forward by 2 days, going into 2nd tri this week.
The best thing is my MS had eased off since last Thurs!

All MTBs, jiayou! We will all be enjoying 2nd tri soon.
happy.gif

BB : finally you are on your 2nd Tri. happy for you.

As for the fresh prune dont work on me ... i have no idea ... i eat fresh fruits then two days later than do big business (although usually is 3days de) ...too many junk in it liao ...

Adel,
seems like your bb is a fighter. Some gynaes might paint a more negative side of things so it's a good thing to seek a 2nd opinion.

Carice,
2 days later is better than never. haha! If I don't take any such fruits, I can drag for 1wk or more to go toilet. :S

Adel - its good that the heart is still going strong , maybe the baby is just smaller in size , jiayou !! you and your baby will go thro this ! =)

BB - grats for ur MS to eased off !! my MS still haven eased off when i'm in my 13th wks alrdy ..

Adel, u might want to try my gyane Dr SH Teoh at Mt E. He does not do delivery, he helped my fren on her difficult preg and v patient & detailed Dr.

Daisy,
I still feel nausea (especially after too much oily food) but at least not vomitting. Yours should be easing off soon too.
happy.gif

Carice,
yalor, it had been an all-along problem. Just that it's worse during pregnancy.

BB : i also feel the same thing nausea when i have my you tiao and bean curd for dessert yesterday night ... when i burp ... can feel the oil is there ...yucks feeling ...

Adel, I ever read that Prof Biswas from NUH handles high risk pregnancies and handled a case before on amino fluid too. I was doing my research on him too as I will be transferred to him soon for my high risk preg. The case that I read about was on a woman who kept losing her fluid and Prof Biswas managed to keep the baby for her. It was written by her hubby. Im not sure if it's a similar case to yours but am trying to find the link for you to take a look. Meantime, take care yeah.

mei, i also have a cyst measuring 10cm at my last visit at 9.5 weeks. Just praying hard that it will disappear on its own. It has grown so much in size!

Hi Adel,

You can also consider prof tay sk frm Sgh.. If I m not wrong he is specialize in high risk pregnancy...

Hi pamm.. What link r u looking for..?

Hi Qin, I think u shld take the test just incase... Cz genetic prob is quite serious.. I shld ask my gynae during next appt if I can take or not.. Hee..

Hi Jo... It's time to buy a better pair of shoe.. Hee... Walk slowly...

Hi Zelda, Jia you.. It's not easy to be a FTWM.. Pregnant & need to take care of a baby somemore... Talk to ur family abt ur prob.. Go walk walk to relax urself...

Hi pine4ling

Ya I will b taking the test together with my hubb. Gynae arranged the blood test to b taken on same day as Oscar so no need poke my hand 2 times. But I wonder how many tubes if blood they will draw?

Pine4ling: luckily i was wearing my birkenstock
happy.gif
i was distracted & when start moving missed the step in front of the shop...

Hi girls,

I know I am not supposed to worried but again I'm.

I'm 10 weeks, yesterday suddenly I lost all the m/s, nausea / vomit-liked feeling / bloat / gas... I'm back to normal. I feel my tummy flat even.

So, does it ring a bell?

anewmummy,
when are you seeing your gynae for next visit Don't scare yourself. As long as no discomfort, things should be going on well.
happy.gif

<font color="000080">Adel >> I think it really depends on personality of the gynae lor... mine supposed to be 2.5mm, but was 2.2mm. I was so worried but my gynae was just like "Heartbeat strong! So never mind one!" Yours attitude is like opposite of mine.

anewmummy >> But m/s supposed to go away around 10weeks mah? No cramps or spotting right?

BB &amp; Daisy >> Congrats on reaching 2nd tri! *throws confetti*</font>

Pine4Ling,
Prof Tay is more on oncology right?

Phylee,Jo &amp; Qin
Thanks for the contact
happy.gif

Tethysea
I guess my case was also complicated by the fact that my amniotic fluid is very low at such an early trimester. For your case, it could be bb is just small but your fluid level is ok right?

anewmummy: dun worry too much the placenta should be starting to take over so the ms have reduce greatly.. mine have started to reduce last week althou at 8 weeks. so long no pain n spotting no need to worry de.

Thanks wenwen, tethysea. My appointment will not happen until another 2 weeks. I'll wait. I do enjoy for now as I don't feel that uncomfortable, but just worried.

I do feel the same pressure for work + active toddler + house chores, etc. I thought I'm going to be mad. I think Ito get a part-time maid to help....

anewmummy : cool .... dont think so much ... at the same time talk to your little one inside ... i believe everything will be ok. just try not to think negative stuff ... sometimes i also scare myself too ...

BB: thanks I've updated my info in the spreadsheet.

Adel: u might wanna get a 2nd opinion. in my case, my 1st gynae also say my bb not growing well when I went at week 7, not assuring too. luckily I checked out forum reviews of gynaes and decide to make a change. turn out at week 10 bb is actually growing well and edd also moved forward. hope it will be gd news to u too.

<font color="000080">Adel >> Frankly, I never ask and doc never say anything I just assume if he spots anything wrong he will tell me, haha.</font>

Esth3r
I've joined the antenatal class at TMC conducted by Mrs Wong Boh Boi in 2008 when I had my son. I find it really useful, especially for 1st time partents. Both my husband and I looked forward to attending the class each week.

Phylee
Thanks for the link. I managed to get an appt with Dr. Biswas tmr at 4pm
happy.gif

<font color="000080">phylee >> Hey, just read the link - that was a beautiful story. Best of luck, Adel! Hope Dr Biswas will be able to help you and your baby!</font>

anewmummy - dont worry too much , if ur really worried abt it , u can always fix a appointment with ur gynae with a nearer date so u can put ur heart at ease ..

dont pressure urself too much at work , maybe get some help fm family memebers like ur mom or in laws to help look after ur #1 , how big is ur #1? for hsework , maybe hire a part time maid to help u .. relax urself and rest well ok ! =)

tethysea - thanks !! u will soon going to 2nd tri too !!

anewmummy~ my MS is slightly gone too.. &amp; i also think that my stomach is flatter.. but bb is still small so i don't think stomach will grow so fast.. don't worry.. =)

jac~ i have have weird after taste.. but i guess it's normal..

adel~ i think if bb's hb is strong then shouldn't be a problem.. update us tml after ur appointment.. jia you!

hmm... no good news. spotting yesterday. visited gynae. hb stopped bb not growing. think i'm opting for "wait &amp; see" first. if it's not clearing out naturally within next mth then may opt for washing.

Adel, really hope prof Biswas can offer an alternative view on your situation. Every heartbeat is a hope, tiny as it seems
happy.gif
Jiayou!!

pamm:> R u a nurse? Aiyoh Suns also have to work... so sianz... at least i work at home ie own time own target ;p

BB:> Glad your MS is gone.

Daisy:> Some mummies have to wait till week 14... you tolerate for 1 more week ok?
happy.gif

Mrs Carice:> Forgot to ask you how many times a week u need to do the jab? For me twice a week &amp; some parts of my buttocks have turned "black" from the jabs. Shudder! My hubby learnt how to do the jab from Eileen so he does it for me but he anyhow do one lah so sometimes can be quite painful. Do you need to put Crinone? That's a irritating thing plus expansive too... I've checked and 1 stick is $12.50 &amp; I have to use 2 sticks a day. Super ex!

Anewmummy:> Agree with wenwen. My MS has also mellowed down since y'day and I'm 10wks+ now. Am still monitoring to see if it will strike again. However, my tummy is as huge as ever... could be due to I'm not 1st time mum plus all the hormone jabs + pills. Maybe your MS is over? But so far no one dare to ask me whether I'm preggy... maybe they thought I've put on weight bah. Hahahaha....

Esth3r:> I joined before. I think it's good for 1st time mummies since don't know what to expect. But when it's time for you to give birth, you have forgotten most of the things already :p Now thinking back, I think it's kinda waste of money. But I think overall still good as I'm the lazy type who don't read up &amp; the classes also make my hubby more involved in the pregnancy
happy.gif
Yes Mrs Wong's class are very popular. I'm too lazy and signed up with another instructor. If you plan to give birth in TMC, you can actually ask the instructor to come help you in bfg during your hospital stay.

Zelda : three times per week n only jab n homo pills. Today ask Eileen regarding Oscar. Guess my next appt will be doing.

Mrschris : pls see another dr for advise . Take care

Mrs Chris - maybe u could find another gynae for advise .. good luck and take care of urself !!

Zelda - ok ,i shall bear 1 more wk .. i hope by wk14 its gone .. its so torturing to see the good food and unable to eat it ! lol

Esth3r - nope , nvr joined b4 or rather nvr heard b4 haha , maybe it rly help for first time mummy and u can try it out !!

Mrs Carice:> No wonder your buttocks are bruised ;p When I had my first one, I also had to do the jabs 3x a week. Terrible! Plus my ms was v bad then and the jabs only made it worse! Maybe you can try hot compress to sooth the swelling? It works
happy.gif

Hormone injection: I stated taking the injection since last Sunday as I am having brown discharge. Baby is doing fine 12 weeks and 60mm. I need to take another three injections. 250mg each time. I am also taking duphaston. I don't know why there is brown discharge. Bed rest for three days.

Jo: thanks
happy.gif
didn't know salt can increase blood pressure... maybe bcoz normally I don't eat very salty... will try to

Pine4Ling: I think happy mummy healthy baby seminar... hehehe

Zelda: I'm a front-line civil servant... sometimes have to deal with emergency >.< today also night shift 12-9pm... i wonder with the little one come along... can i still cope with shift work

Good morning ladies! How r u ? I ve been bed rest and a bit boring. The discharge is very very light color and very light amount. I don't want to be worried anymore. It's tiring. I try my best. It's my fate. The baby is doing fine; bigger and bigger. Tomorrow nt scan to be done. All the best to you all! It's all our fate. I want to have healthy pregnancy. Must think positive
happy.gif

Good morning ladies
happy.gif

Mabel rest well, your baby is growing well so don't stress yourself too much. One of my friend had spotting all the way until she gave birth and her baby girl is now 7mths old and very strong and cheerful.

Phylee,
Will update after our visit to A. Prof Biswas today. Crossing my fingers and toes for the outcome
happy.gif

Gd morning ladies...

I have been reading this thread quietly.. today is my wk 12, only going to see gynae in the next 2 wks time. But i m super sleepy now, can't really open my eyes. any mummies encounter this?

mabel: if you hv discharge, pls bed rest more. I hv this prb when i have my 1st pregnancy.

As i m 2nd pregnancy,my tummy is showing... does any 2nd time mummy has the same as me?

Back