(2012/03) Mar 2012

Sarah, what about if i go to a shop and they are doing painting, will it affect too? cos ytd i went for massage and the shop owner wants to change the enviroment so he is going some painting.

<font color="000080">drypantz >> I'm high risk and they only took 1 tube leh :p I think depends on hospital lar... different places different practices.

wenwen >> Aiyah my sis never touch any paint her kid also have birthmark... then my grandma blame her say she accidentally must have touched some paint. WTF.

Sarah >> I sew on the bed leh. I only vaguely remembered that like got some superstition about it after I already finished sewing. Haha!</font>

tethysea, i even do cutting on the bed even when MIL have told me not to do anything on the bed... she never say cannot sew or cut or etc jus say dun do anything on the bed..

Anyone got lobang for laundry services for free collection and delivery when we send bedsheets and etc for washing.

Wen: my mum said as long not Ur hse can le.. Even my hse Dwnstair ppl drilling Renovating we cant stop them. My mum said it's ok. And when ppl drill try not to see loh.
Star: when my frd hse Reno she try not to be at Hm so I Tink ok ba. My hse cupboard silicon drop aso then my bro in law who is my hse ID and he very pang tang and said aft I give birth then ask ppl fix it. Nw my Cupboard got patches of silicon undone loh.
Then I bought a yellow clock to hang on wall according to my Fengshui master... Nw I can't even drill and put on. All like pending here and there. I can't be wearing a torn dress out so I gotta sew it no choice Juz Tat I do it on floor.

Tethysea: ya my Sis aso sew n cut on bed suddenly she recalled like can't do Tat but alrdy done. Kele my niece ok leh. Hehe but Juz Nw I called her then she said better dun do on bed if not keep worrying like wat she did last time. But I told her I did Liao but on floor lah.

My gf salon renovating and she made her trip dwn kapo when she preg...then her daughter born with a patch of light scar on forehead then she blamed herslf. But i Tink all these are coincidence lah. When we no choice we aso gotta do it.

Dym: What ring test? Is it use a strand of your hair to tie to the ring then place it in the centre of your arm? I rem playing this when I was in Primary school!!! So can't really rem the actual steps.

Drypantz: Yup 4 bottles of blood taken. Don't worry
happy.gif

star_nn: I use NUK bottles too... my gal only use NUK &amp; rejects all other bottles! On painting, if you're not at home it's ok de.

star_nn: I thought Avent is very popular as my friends are using it. I have Avent bottles too just that my fussy gal refuses &amp; only loves NUK bottles. Plus she wants those soft (ie non-silicon) teats de! V fussy... so I donate my oth bottles to my friends or use them to keep expressed breastmilk lor ;p Yes, the brand of the steriliser doesn't matter.

Michelle: You v ONz leh! Use boil method! But actually it's the "cleanest" method. I'm just lazy... use steriliser easier... plus I scared my maid forgot then later the bottles r melted ;p

Do you mummies feel like puking after your meals? I'm so bloated &amp; full after every meal even though I already eat lesser than b4. V xin ku! I think later tummy bigger will be worse! I had heartburn when I was in my 3rd trimester with #1!

My mum &amp; some auntie frens told me not to do any sewing or watever in our bed especially the one that we slept on.

I also used Avent bottles. I also sterilize using the old mtd of boiling it in water! Gotten used to it after a while

Starr_nn,
the Pigeon rapid steam steriliser can be used for any bottles so no problem. Think Lucky Baby and Mothercare sterilisers too but not sure about Avent steriliser.

Starr : girl dont like avent cause it hard... i try before end up princess want nuk avent she use once throw one side n crying that she dont like..... only one of my friends hers is boy they ok with it....... then i ask her wow hardly baby want avent then she say mostly boy ok use avent de..... if u really want to buy the steriliser i think pigeon better.... my sister regard buy the avent de....

Starr,
I didn't like the Avent bottles cos very wide, hold till hands ache if bb takes v long to drink his/her milk. :p

michelle - LOL !! i didnt know tat , boy n girl choose brand ? lol so cute

i previously use those $6.90 fm market and boil them before making milk de leh ..

brandless =x

starr_nn, i use avent bottles, steriliser and pump. use it cos it was highly recommended by my colleague back then. and also cos i got their pump so bought all the same brand. back then when i was mixing bf-ing and bottlefeeding using avent bottles, my boy could feed quite well...

wenwen &amp; tethysea, i haven't done any blood test so far... is that why? ok.. i will be asking my gynae this sat. hope it is not bad news!
oh zelda! noted! thanks!!! phew~~

drypantz, if what i guess is correct den the other 3 tubes is for your blood count test, so you dun need to be poke so many times... i was poked like 4 times so far for blood test, once on 1st appt for blood count which is 3 tubes, 2nd time is thalessemia cos my hubby suspected have, 3rd and 4th is Oscar cos 3rd poke is nt at my veins n no blood come out. so in total i also gt 4 tubes of blood drawn.

BB - ya , no brand de .. those shops along the market , very oldie types of bottles .. lol i used tat for my 2 boys haha ..

wenwen, ok! haha.. but i kena poked 2 hands! left hand she poke the needle in and was searching for the vein for a long time then gave up and did the other hand... heng was successful.. quite painful :*(

Starr_nn, yah.. shld only fit avent bottles... i never tried the others before.. but think most brands r like tat lah.. but if u already have other bottles then just pump and transfer bah.. cos the pump will come with 1 to 2 bottles. then dun have to spend more $ on more bottles.

star_nn: I used Avent steriliser but NUK bottles. Ok leh... I'm still using my Avent steriliser now even though my gal going to b 2yo next mth. Wahaha... Actually no need to sterilise after 1yo but I feel if never use for a long time it might get spoilt.

Talking abt my gal, her b'day is 2wks away &amp; I haven't source for party things. V lazy nowadays. Ke lian my gal ;p

drypantz, i borowing the pump from my cousin, haha, just change the parts.. so i need to source for a avent bottle to transfer..thanks for the suggestion!

starr : i not sure NUH will give u bottles or not.... cause MA i always ask for empty glass bottles.... they give me 15bottles so when i pump out i no need to worry go to buy i use what they give me de...... u try to ask... see they will give u or not.... if they charge dont take lor......

Starr : is my friends teach me de cause she at MA also she ask for it.... so i must remember to take lor.... hahahahha...... 15bottle is more than enough.....

yah avent one.. i think i need all parts that are soft silicon materials cos all those are sticky and yellowish liaoz after keeping for 1 yr... ok will try tpy... thanks!

after hearing so many gd things abt MA i also feel like changing... anyone knows if Adrain woodworth delivers there???

star_nn: When my gal was below 6mths, she used the standard bottles (slim one). Then when she's bigger, I changed it to the First Choice bottles (fat ones). As my gal has colic, she needs her milk flow to be slower so I gave her the slim one. On free glass bottles, I thought all hospitals will give if you asked. Previously TMC gave me 7-8 bottles for me to bring home (FOC). So rem to ask before you discharge
happy.gif
The bottles are handy to keep expressed breastmilk. But if you can latch on your baby, then no need to worry about bottles, steriliser etc. Easier
happy.gif

drypantz, for me mine is both left n rigth hand. she didnt want to give up after poke left hand n cant find vein until i kinda pissed off le den told her it's very painful den she gave up and pole right hand.

wenwen, so i'm not alone in this!!! sobz!! yes it is very painful!!! boohoo..

twin happiness, i got mine from IKEA which i regretted. some things to look out for when buying cot (based on my ikea cot experience) - (1) get one with more than 2 adjustable heights. the one i have has only 2 heights i.e. very high or very low. and when i want it to be very low, one side of the cot needs to be dismantled so i have to put the cot right beside my masterbed if not my boy will roll out.. (2) buy one with a latch which can lower one side of the railing. this will ease changing the diapers in the cot itself and also ease of carrying the baby out.

think can wait for baby fair or mothercare fair where they have really good cots on sale! isetan/tangs sale may also have good offers.

Mine frm mothercare Coz my Sis not using.. Her Bb refused to sleep in the cot.
Mummies: Usually when new born we will sleep with our Bb but when is a good time let Bb sleep in their own room?

zelda : u r lucky my friend she stay TMC this yr jun but she get is plastic bottle not glass one.... only able get 5 from them..... actually she no need de... cause when she need pad they charge her so she angry ask for free gift lor.... end up never bring her the bottles...

Twin Happiness: I bought mine from Baby Kingdom in Kaki Bukit. They have alot of baby stuff there too... cheaper than shopping centres. Those baby fairs are good places too
happy.gif

I mean same room. My frd put both is babies in different room since born ... He put talkie walkie or Duno wat instrument to make sure if Bb cry then they will go over the room. Can meh? I tot put the babycot in my room but I wonder for how long ?

Sarah i n princess sleep at the same room but she sleep at baby cot me alone bed..... when going to reach 6mths... cause some parents book got write after 6mth u can leave them alone the room.... but my hubby dont want... he say too small cannot must in the same room.... so till now i still same room with my princess.....

Mich: Ic...I hope my Bb can slp alone in the cot at least coz u see my sister both gotta slp with their kids the eldest 4yrs old and youngnest 1yr old plus the husband. 4 squeeze in a bed leh. If my Bb gg to sleep with me, I wonder me n my hub will accidentially Tink is a extra pillow n throw out the bed n our bed height is tall too. Keke

Back