(2012/03) Mar 2012

Wenwen this morning I rushed to the toliet diarrhea abit from my dinner yesterday the spicy kimchi soup. Should be ok la, unless persistence like few times in a day....

I also tend to rush to the toilet and blast (pardon my language
happy.gif
) when I had eaten too spicy food...not sure why also...stomach and intestines probably cant take it. Before pregnancy, never had this kind of issue..

Dym: a lot of ppl say runny eggs can't take. SIL saw my FB post & screamed, insisted cannot take.
FIL face black black cos, PIL say take 2 eggs 3 times a wk. I very kaisi, only take 1 egg each week. If too long didn't eat better test water on stomach with 1/2 egg first.
Make sure eggs fresh & serve piping hot.

star_nn: me too after too much chili padi sure kena, think cos too long didn't eat spicy stuff stomach gong gong forget how to process.

Jo: just start after lunch, not those very watery type (sorry very disgusting to discuss here)and gone toilet twice so far.

la_paix: i tot so too but my gf told me to quickly go see doc scare i lose water.

wenwen, think if you go "blast" again, go see a doc tonight or tomorrow morning..if not weekend le, very tricky, got to find those 24 hr clinics

<font color="000080">I think runny eggs try not to eat, because eating raw and partially cooked eggs got risk of salmonella. The bacteria is on the shell, and if the hens are not healthy (usually the case with battery-farm hens) the shell is too thin and it's easy to get contaminated. Have to avoid leftover eggs also, so only eat eggs fully cooked and hot.

In expectant mothers, our immunity is compromised and we can get severe infection very easily. That being said, risk of contamination is average one in every 30,000 eggs - so really quite low risk.</font>

Everybody, have a great weekend of rest!

Oh ya, Mamil Gold has a forum for expectant mothers to toddlers. Might want to check out the website. Happening Oct 22.

pine4ling, our area damn small perhaps we ever walk pass each other.
happy.gif

carice, finally found your mail in my junk box. juz added u in my fb. u can check when free, no urgent. thanks!
happy.gif

any mummies started buying anything for your bbs yet? Even though we do not know the gender, but i couldnt resist looking at bb stuffs! So much wanted to buy an unisex clothin but my hubby stops me... haha

can't remember which mummy needs to buy maternity clothers &amp; looking for discount?
i hv spring $10 &amp; maternity exchange 10% off vouchers both expiring date 31/12/2011. i post to u if interested, otherwise will discard liao since not using.

Jo: eggs cannot eat often? I eat almost everyday so far leh...I'm quite a picky with food plus now pregnant, my choice of food even more limited. So far the eggs I eat are fully cooked.
regarding spicy food I like to eat stuffs like rendang and curries but now I find myself having to moderate how much I eat coz if I happily eat too much curry I will feel uncomfortable for nxt few hrs till I vomit
sad.gif

Thanks mummies. I guess dang gui ok but in moderation.

Pine4ling &amp; Chiny: 店小二 duck ok rite? I had it on Wed. But I had e ginseng one.

Dym: ok to eat runny eggs as sg eggs r of high standard n e risk of having bacteria is v v low.

Jo: can eat sashimi? I'm dreaming of my salmon sashimi everyday!

Zelda, I ate sashimi 1-2pcs once too! My gynae was saying why to avoid raw food is becos we do not know or not sure of how the handler prepares the food. But if we are pretty confident of its standard, then it should be fine...

<font color="000080">zelda >> I ate fish roe sushi also... oops :p But I won't dare to eat that from Sakae sushi or those small shops that leave outside for dunno how long (like ebi sushi, umi sushi). If you go to a high-class sushi place should be fine. Eat with lots of wasabi to kill the bacteria! :p

Dym >> I think depends lar... if you prepare on your own, you can make sure you wash the egg shell and buy the good quality eggs. Then should be no problem.</font>

Dym,
I made half boiled eggs for my kids last weekend, looked at them slurping the eggs up. I couldn't "ren" and cooked one for myself too, hahaha!!

chrmei: eggs can eat daily, just runny i kaisi don't dare take too often, but FIL insisted can and should. hahaaa
zelda: i'm missing 店小二 dang gui duck so much, gotta ask MIL if can take hahaa sashimi dr say go for high quality ones, in moderation.
MIL says whatever we take before preg just cont. but i've no craving for sashimi. just runny eggs and medium steak.
my BB like rice and meat
went MOS burger and ate rice burger, hahaaa faint...

Jo: my bb oso like rice. I eat kuay teow will feel like puking! Ya I oso love meat. Fish ok only. Eat veggie oso 1 2 puke. Bb v fussy.

I love rice b4 preg!! but now when dinner time comes, i totally dun feel like eating. no cravings at all.. my mama keep asking y i cant finish a plate of rice. i will push 3/4 rice to my girl if im sharing with her. haha! totally not into veggie oso. when preg #1, i can stuff myself with veggies(i dun eat veggie at all) but not this preg. hahaha..

star, reply u thru email oredi, pls check
happy.gif

zelda, haiz~some say duck can some say cannot, now head getting bigger.;)

Chiny : ya they want boy then say no need say so many rubbish right.. no wonder my #1 see mil always cry not allow her to carry her...

starr : i also go pee like that when sleep....

snow : if i aviod them i sure let my hubby in between.... my bil is super rich that y pil stay with them... i will try not to meet them to make myself better....

Hi mummy
i had put on weight total 9kg... omg....
still ms i hate that... when i going to stop....

happen due date same with carice....

Finally the clinic call me say my oscar ok. but i will only see the report on my next appt. phew ...

Michelle : i just see the list again ... u still headache on ur gynae ah ... did u manage to find a suitable one ?

Today go to Daisy intro de....

But hubby say possible to get one gynea at MA...
but i think is more ex right...

Cause My #1 package is include the vitmin pill...

today i visit is not include de....

Michelle : we have the same edd date
happy.gif

Did you ask the clinic why it is not include ? did they prescribe you anything ? sorry i dont really get it.

Carice , michelle means her #1 gynae's package include medicine ..

the current gynae i intro her didnt include medicine only unlimited visits , consultation and scannings ..

clinic explained every gynae's package different ..

Actually i ok with the gynea cause i already lazy to find another gynea to deliver at MA.... cause most of the gynea people intro deliver at TMC......

but hubby worry me alone go so far to see gynea....

Bishan lor... n i stay at bukit batok... haha...

he worry i go there alone with princess ma....

as princess super active lor...

even today scan my unborn baby also super nottie.... turn here is there but never turn front end up turn back to us....

Carice - her baby just woke up during the scan so baby start to stretch and yawn and waving to mummy .. lol but baby just keep thigh closed so unable to see the gender ..

CL demand next yr rili hot. Just called 1 n she said she has 1 assignment in early Feb but not sure if e person wants to do 30 or 40 days confinement. She will let me know on mon if ok to accept me.

Hi Huijun, okie right? haha... everything can eat but in moderation.. Now very cham.. appitite changes totally. alot of craving but not all can eat.. i love kiwi.. but very lazy to peel.. lolz.. 1 always not enough.. i also eat grapefood but i notice the bitter taste stick to my tongue for a very long time.. so i dun take so much.. like u ley.. i also prefer noodle.. esp soupy noodle.. easier to swollow.

Hi chiny, izzit p@d..? hee...

Hi Zelda, i think take DXE's duck shld be okie bah coz the duck cant absorb too much herb.. soup will be worst... in moderation shld be okie.. i also got eat bah kut teh which is cook of dang gui.. but the soup i dun drink too much...

Hi michelle, hm.. no wonder ur pil so xiao zhang..

Hi all.. actually i quite bo chap.. coz i everything also eat.. i got eat prawn roe sushi, half boil eggs... watermelon.. orange.. dang gui soup.. very bad hor.. if not very cham ley.. somemore i read in magazine tt when pregnant baby will absorb all our cholestrol.. so now i always eat seafood.. hahahaha!!!!

hi bb, if you feel like taking runny eggs. you can try chawamushi, same feeling.. very comforting..

Has anyone tried PEM confinement agency before? Are their CLs ok? My MIL told us she is ok with cooking confinement food but due to her knee problem, she cannot bend down to bathe the baby. I said can I bathe the baby and she say cannot. Is there a reason why we cannot bathe the baby during confinement? So far I didn't manage to get any recommendation of CLs from friends and I am at a lost now if I should hire a CL or find alternative to bathing the baby.

Zelda - ya lor , dragon yr are so hot lol

Pine4ling - i'm oso 'bai wu jing ji' type, i just eat watever i feel like to eat but in moderate .. =)

Jasmine - not letting u bath the baby cos confinement old folks think we shouldnt be touching water to prevent 'feng shi'

for bathing of baby, maybe is there a table or a higher place to place the baby tub so ur MIL dont have to bend down to bath the baby .. rly have to say , dragon yr's CL need to book fast as they are 'hot selling' lol

Hi jasmine.. It's not u can't bathe bb.. You can't touch water or rather cut down on the contact w water... Coz will expose to coolness into ur body.. Will be bad for body when older.. It's a confinement belief.. like only can bathe w hot herb water.. Cannot wash hair.. Cannot drink cold water.. Cannot blow fan directly.. Everyday rest rest rest.. Only can eat super heaty food like ginger, all food must cook with sesame oil.. Etc etc... Quite suffering..
Ang mho style better, once give birth.. They will give u a glass of ice cold water to drink coz they believe they it will
help in shrinking the vagina.. Do anything also can.. Haha..

Hi daisy, ya.. We same.. Coz if must die die follow the trad.. We will be miserable.. Bcz really alot of things cannot eat.. pineapple, orange, watermelon, honeydew, durian , papaya &amp; more cannot take.. Cannot take caffeine mean no tea, no coffee, no chocolate, no Milo.. No coke.. Cannot take cold stuff.. No ice cream.. No seafood.. No lamb.. If no msg &amp; preservative = no outside food at all.. Sorry. Abit lorso.. I tried to research b4.. Ask Ard.. Read internet.. Until I fed up.. Hack care already.. If like tt.. Left w nothing to eat.. Cz now all process food.. Haha..

Daisy : ya now this unborn baby is super nottie then my #1

snow : what to do..... got this type of pil....
so u add me at fb le ma...

har.... not able to sleep again...

how come cannot drink chocolate n milo de....

when i got #1 i got drink lei...

if so many things cannot eat then become sick lor not pregnant lor... ;p haha

Michelle: cocoa contains caffeine that's y no chocolate &amp; Milo. Coke has too. Yah most ppl thought lipton tea &amp; coffee. But green tea has higher content of caffeine than coffee.
So if we look into details of all these foods actually a lot 'cannot' eat. Hahaa. So just do everything in moderation.

Jasmine: during confinement we r not suppose to bath bb. But I start to bath bb from e 4th wk onwards as CL still around to check I do e right thing. I don't trust my maid to handle nb as she's too rough n hygiene level not high enuf ;p Have never tried agency CLs b4... Will do so if I rilr can't get 1.

Pine4ling: do u eat crabs? I heard preggy cannot. Luckily I don't eat crabs ;p Ya I agree wif u. Maybe now we not 1st time mummies so more bo chap. Last time more kiasi.

My mum was mentioning tat we should eat wide variety of food including those pineapple, watermelon etc becos it's better for bb to absorb wide variety of nutrients and tat when bb born bb won't be too picky over food? Dunno true anot for the 2nd reason. Lol

Jo : omg i got #1 i never drink coffee n coke... only choclate n milo..... but still like that....

Zelda : i got #1 i eat alot of crab.... why cannot....

Back