(2012/03) Mar 2012

cupidth, yes, polyclinic doesn't incl chicken pox as it's NOT a compulsory jab, so depends on whether u want to give your child so many types of jab?

Also, 2 jabs of MMR are mandated by govt but chicken pox only needs 1 jab, so is your dr going to give the MMR combo for both?

Extracted following para from HPB.

"Although it is not compulsory in Singapore to vaccinate children against chickenpox, it is best that children have the vaccination between 12 to 18 months. Children below the age of 13 receive only 1 dose of the chickenpox vaccine. However, those who are 13 years and above need 2 doses, 4-8 weeks apart."

I wld advise mummies to check up more on vaccinations on the web or with HPB instead of listening to dr. I hv a friend who got told by her PD that pneumococcal jab is compulsory whereas I hv confirmed with HPB that it is not compulsory. I dun depend on PD/GP for such things cos the more you give to your bb, means the more revenue for them but hv to consider if it's necessary?

the 2 jabs at polyclinic are called MMR which dont include the protection against chicken pox. But the 2 jabs at my GP are called MMRV which include vaccine for chicken pox. Since both are 2 jabs at polyclinic and at GP, i think is better for my gal to take MMRV. I don't know is the vaccine for chicken pox included in the 1st or 2nd jab though.

Hi Sharon, saw your post. My 10 weeks old baby has a similar case as yours, her milk intake dropped from 100ml to 60ml then to 40-50ml last week, she has slight cough and has been crying more lately ESP after feeding. I bought her to the pd yesterday and the pd says she has reflux which may cause her to have a little heartburn during feeding. Suggest that you bring her to the pd for a check

My baby is taking his 6 in 1 today. Should I give him fever meds straight after his injection or should I wait and see? Can anyone advise?

Cheryl, I suspected reflux or GERD (medical term used). Brought to a private pd and without checking further dismissed it as normal and not to worry.

I'm seeking second opinion at KK next Mon. I noticed she hasn't grown much (dropped slightly) in the centile graph which quite worrying. It has started to affect her growth rate

What was your pd's advise to u for the heartburn? Any improvement thereafter? What is yr baby birthdate? Shd be almost same as mine
happy.gif

Hi pigsinc, I didn't give her paracetamol (prescribed by PD) right away. I observed her behaviour & monitor her temp. Once it hit 37.5 I gave her 1 dosage. It's at the onset of fever but not really high at all. Just to keep it under control. Thereafter she has been ok. Just slept a little more than usual which I guess that's good for her.

Hi Sharon, my pd prescribe some anti-reflux medicine and advise us to let her sit up as much a possible. This is to help keep her gastric acid down. Feed her at an angle. Also do not drink too much water, maybe 1 or 2 mouth max.

I think she feels better now. At least she don't cry so much. Feeding wise, so far, she is drinking 60- 90ml. Occasionally, 150ml ( I think the medicine made her hungry).

She is born on 30 mar.
happy.gif
hopefully your girl will get well soon.

Hi pigsinc, I'm quite a lousy mum. By the time I realized she had fever, she is already having fever at 38.4 deg. Gave her the medicine and put on koolfever straight away. I try to avoid giving her paracetamol too unless the fever is high (at 38 deg), most of the time I ll put koolfever and wipe her body to keep her temperature down.

my baby just had her 5-in-1 on monday. she didn't have fever but her sister(5yrs old) having high fever today.

dearest mummies, congrats on your new bundle of joy
happy.gif

i have engaged confinement lady from PEM. jus to seek some of your feedbabck on the Confinement lady from PEM as i am due soon. any good ones for recommendation huh? so that when i call i can jus highlight their names huh?
happy.gif
thank you very much for your great help. greatly appreciate a good confinement lady to help us in this times.

I have a very good nanny to recommend.

She is Mrs Low contactable at 675514 six six, location: Yishun Street 22.

Good environment:
- Grown-up kids
- Non smoking/ non pet environment
- Caring and patient towards baby and experience in handling both baby and toddler

Dear mummies,

I have signed up with PEM agency. Will like to know any of you have good experiences with their CL n likes to recommend. Cos m thinking of booking the CL that is recommended by u all
happy.gif

Really appreciate your sharing
happy.gif

Hi mummies, how long can I keep my Ebm after I take then out from the fridge to reheat?? I was wondering whether I can heat my Ebm in advance as my baby is really impatient, she will cry so hard that she will even reject milk if we make her wait too long.

I keep ebm up to one hour. You can warm your ebm in advance if your bb cries for milk timely. But if he is not, then u got to make sure he finish the milk before 1 hour

Jen Phua, i went to poly instead. My girl juz took 5 in 1 last fri. He's referring to pneumococcal jab which cost ard $150+ whereas poly ard $160+. U opt 5 in.1 or 6 in 1 for ur baby. GP said my girl already jab hep b 2 dose, so she should take 5 in 1, dont need 6 in 1... Abit confused as poly said i can consider till next month.

Hi mummies, I'm from the Oct thread. I'm looking for confinement caterers but need opinions.

I have shortlisted the following, please advise.

1) Natal Essentials
2) Newbaby.com.sg
3) ConfinementFood.com
4) Chili Padi Catering
5) Aunty Li Confinement Food

Those who have tried for your this/previous pregnancies or your friends/families have tried, please advise tastiness of food.

Thank you.

Evelyn, the polyclinic that you went is under which grp, singhealth or NHG? If it's under NHG, pneumococcal is $150, cheaper than your GP price. Even if you've gone under Singhealth grp, which is more exp than your GP price, you can pay using medisave, so you don't hv to use cash, which most PDs/GPs don't help to claim medisave.

Hep b requires 3 jabs, so for your last 5in1/6in1 jab, you hv to decide whether to incl hep b 3rd jab or not, if incl, means take 6in1, if excl, means take 5in1 & hep 3rd jab taken separately.

What is 5-in-1?
It is a combined childhood vaccines available in single injections for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio and Haemophilus Influenzae Type b.

What is 6-in-1?
It is actually 5-in-1 plus Hepatitis B.

Here's the pricing for the various jabs, for your reference.

Sengkang Poly (Singhealth Polyclinics, other polyclinics under this group should be similar pricing)
5-in-1 = $87.40/jab
6-in-1 = $102/jab
Heb B = $16.30/jab for 2nd & 3rd jabs (1st jab is done at hospital when bb is born)
MMR = Free
Pneumococcal = $165/jab
Rotavirus = not offered

National Healthcare Group
5-in-1 = $320 for 4 jabs package
6-in-1 = $360 for 4 jabs package incl Hep B 3rd dose
Heb B = $22.10
Pneumococcal = $150/jab
Rotavirus = $90/dose
Chickenpox = $72

* Heb B & Pneumococcal are medisave claimable

Hi ladies,

I'm from the Nov forum. Would like to ask if you have any good confinement lady to recommend?
Due to some issue, my mom is not able to help me. Need to look for one CL asap.
Please PM me.
( Expected EDD 28th Nov 2012)

Thanks.

Hi mommies,

My bb gal suddenly started crying during feeds for the past 2 days. She will drink half of her milk then starts crying & push out the milk bottle. She used to feed regularly at 3 hourly intervals whenever she wakes up from her nap. But these 2 days she doesn't even want milk sometimes & will doze off to sleep without a feed.
And today she suddenly has diarrhoea. She poops after every feed & it's watery & yellow. She used to poop once every 2,3 days before this.
Has anyone has similar experience with their babies?

Hi shernice, my baby started behaving like this few weeks ago. She drink 30ml and start crying. But end up crying to sleep. Pd says the reflex is causing her to have heartburn during feeding.

My friend baby has a same problem, but it was sorethroat causing the problem. Maybe get a pd to assess.

Just wondering? How do you know its diarrhea? My baby poop is always watery and sometimes
She can poop 3-4 times a day and sometimes 3 days then poop once.

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the reply. I think my bb is having diarrhoea cos' she usually poops once every 3,4 days & the texture is quite thick like peanut butter with particles in it sometimes. But she has been pooping after every feed today. Pooped 5 times already & it's very watery. She also keeps breaking wind & her stomach looks bloated.
I'm going to bring her to pd tmr if it continues.

Hi mummies,

Did any of you use any of the below hand-free before? I need your feedback. I am looking for more secure (meaning i scare the bottle will drop)

1.) Pumping Pal hand-free strap + Super shields Plus
2.) Simple Wishes Hands-Free Pumping Bustier

Thanks for your precious feedback

Maplemummy, heard before but nv try :p

Eliz, welcome
happy.gif

My no1 is 8yos, no2 is 7yos. Both is girl. My no3 is boy. Delivered on 16mar
happy.gif

So u are working now or sahm?

Maplemummy: i did consider the 2options too. In the end i went with handsfree bustier. The fabric is soft and i like it because i can unzip the top a little and massage to clear any lumps, and i can probably be more chor lo and the funnel will still stay in place.

Cons: have to wash. And since, its fabric will absorb the milk if u drip or spill any.
I do find it abit hard to wear if i am already dripping milk.

All in all, i guess it depends on your needs.

My gal seems to have heat rash....those little red patches or red dots seem to appear especially in the afternoon..and sometimes will look sore along 'lines' around her legs (think the older pals refer thoses lines as 'lotus root' in Chinese).. Any mummies encountered these problems? I have tried applying moisturizer given by the pd..but doesn't seem to work...any good body wash to recommend? Currently using baby Johnson

Hi mommies,

My baby gal hates noise & rowdiness. It's impossible to bring her out as she'll be cranky & cry loudly when she wants to sleep. Thinking of letting her use ear plugs but I'm not sure whether are there ear plugs for babies. Has anyone had similar experience?

Josephine, my bb also have red patches around her neck when it's warm & her neck is damp. I just try to keep the area clean & dry & apply a bit of desitin nappy rash cream when it gets too bad.

Shernice
Wanna try training your gal at home 1st? When she's napping in the day, on the tv loudly.. I even play MJ in the living room and my boy naps thru.

Hi Josephine do give Mustella brand a try. I highly recommend the No Rince Wipe, the Hair & Body Wah and Vitamin Barrier Cream. These are 3 basics you will ever need.

No rinse is very good becase whenever I clean my girl's diaper area especially after she pooped, the area looks clean even the wet tissue looks clean BUT when I use the Mustella No Rinse solution after that, some of the yellow poop gets wiped out. Saw it on the cotton pad that I used. Really works wonders. Can be used on baby face too.

Most importantly back to basic to hygiene. If the cleaning is effective, with the Vit Barrier Cream you baby shd heal in no time.

Maplemummy, i hv both pumpin pal & super shield. i'm currently using the pumpin pal but not the super shield, like the hands free, can wa or surf net on my phone while pumping, make me forget that i'm pumping milk.

Eliz, welcome! My 1st, boy, also 5yo. Now, a girl, also mar bb. I find your nick familiar. Did you join any 07 mummy grp?

Josephine, maybe can try Cetaphil for the body wash?

WA, so many of us with 5 years gap! Planned?

Mine isn't. Have been trying for 2 years then went to see gynae and we got my boy!! Should have gone to gynae earlier. hee.

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb ur chats here but I need some help. Is hoping to get some recommendation for good massage lady. The previous massage ladies whom helped me for my previous pregnancies are fully engaged on my edd. Pls let me have the contacts if you have a good massage lady to recommend. Thanks in advance n wish everyone a happy motherhood : )

Hi Mummies,

i am from June thread. Just want to seek some advise here, anyone has bought FP jumperoo or bright start bounce-a-bout? can you shall your experience of using it? I am thinking of getting something similar and is researching on what's available. Are they effective or is just another expensive white elephant with good marketing.

for me rocker was useless, but mobile and play gym was rather useful for my boy.

Thanks in advance!

I didn't plan mine for 5yrs apart, wanted 4yrs apart as I wanted a bunny cos I'm a bunny, so there'll be 2 bunnies in the family as already hv 2 piggies in the family - my hubby & son. But bb decides to be a dragon instead!!! haha...

Dear mummies

I'm currently looking for a confinement lady . If you have employed a confinement lady and feels she is good, could you kindly share with me your contact and reason why she is good ? Thank you very much

[email protected]

Any idea issit safe we can put our frozen bm in a styrofoam box with dry ice? As my area will be having a power shutdown for 4 hrs, I can only tot of this way to store my bm temporary. Although I had called up and checked with the lactation consultants at gleneagles and they said is safe but my mil called her relative and was advised not safe. I am in a dilemma now

Back