(2012/03) Mar 2012

tine177 - 1 is quite lonely actually but for our standard nowadays , rly quite hard to afford 2 kids esp wen u want the best of everything for our kids ..

gg lee - i guess wen baby just out wont be so different , maybe until the age when the younger one know how to play and snatch den start to fight liao lol ..

talking about one kid .... i am the only child ... i do agree .. feeling lonely during younger days ... there is always pro and cons here ... no one fight or snatch stuff with me is quite boring ...lol

the good thing ... you learn to be more independent rather than rely on pp ...

BB: think there's a duplicate of my data, hrme is probably someone accidentally duplicate and I don't live in pasir ris. could u also add the gender of my bb to girl? Just confirmed during detailed scan yesterday. Thanks.

Regarding baby fair: went this morning, not much brands participating. Find it not so informative to me coz as a 1st time mum cannot compare much. like breast pump only got avent brand.

chrmei,
okie, will change accordingly.
happy.gif

I saw from the flyer that someone posted they have the Korean playmat, bouncer, strollers going quite cheap it seems. Didn't see those?

Yup I saw those too, but I find it too early to buy yet. did notice quite a number of parents buying diapers though, too early for me to buy but I guess its probably a gd buy for existing mummies.

Chrmei, if u have frens who got breast pumps.. U might want to borrow from them & try it out before buying one.

I bought a manual pump first but it was so tough. Later on, i gotten the Medela Pump in Style n it was a breeze later on.

Today I went to the baby fair. It is quite small scale. I bought a few stuff. I think the most worth item is the breast pump. I bought the Philips single electric pump @$199 and free 6pcs breast pad washable type. Retail price outside just the pump it's $299. Save $100. I also bought avent milk bottles. So you want to buy Philip breast pump can buy at the fair. Can I ask anyone started buying all the baby stuff? Is it too early?

edj - welcome & congrats !! =)

apple - i guess quite many mummies have started on some stuff alrdy , and clothes.. most of mummies who know gender have started shopping =)

have u know the baby gender alrdy?

miko2006 - previously i remember the mummies said popular should have , maybe u could check them out =)

Edj: welcome and congrats!

Daisy: the gynae I'm seeing does not have packages.

Anyone still having MS? Been feeling tired and nauseous/burping/belching after meals these few days.. Is that normal?

Blitx - ya , normal to have MS still .. depends on individual

some have none totally , some up to 2nd , some to 16wks , 18wks or 20wks or worse thro the whole pregnancy .. lol depends on urself =)

Hey daisy, My gyne says its 60 - 70% it's a girl. My husband says dun buy first in case it might be different. I just started the necessities like milk bottles. I am starting to have serious backaches. Today I went for the babiesbellies prenatal massage as it can't take it anyone. I need to relax my back. The session was good. Will be taking their post natal package.

Blitx - depends on luck , i tot i was gonna have MS thro the whole pregnancy as i had very serious MS until wk18 .. vomit daily like tat , until it finally stopped 1 day , so was quite happy ..

had puke few times after that but i guess maybe baby didnt really like the food i take ..

apple - true ! maybe u will 100% know wen over at detailed scan .. i only checked out the prices of baby stuff but not to get any yet

oh ! good for u, at least a relief after some prenatal massage ..

Hi Blitz,

Im considered quite lucky, didnt have much ms but I feel giddy at times. Never really vomit but feel naseous during first trimester.

Hi Apple,
Same case for me. My gynae was not able to get a good scan of my baby. She says most likely its a princess. I prefer princess....started imagining me and my little princess wearing same dresses haha.... Lots of things to buy for princess. My detailed scan is scheduled in early nov....looking forward to it
happy.gif

Im not a fan of massage....so far backache still bearable....whats the process like for the prenatal massage? How long is each session and how much does it cost?

Daisy: I wish I puke, but it's only nauseous and belching after food.. And the feeling is so bad I wish I don't have to eat but I get hungry.. It stopped for 2-3 weeks and started again few days back
sad.gif

Tine177 & apple: u get backaches too? Mine can be quite bad and I get muscle pull at one side of the bum.. Wonder if it's cos I put on too much weight..

Blitx - did u have anything to ease the nauseous feeling?

personally i had the 100+ tangerine flavor & sour plum juice to help me ease the feeling and help me to burp

some mummies had coke , ginger tea etc to help

i'm still taking them quite often esp wen i'm too full and felt uncomfortable .. =)

Daisy: tried sour plum, dried cranberries, coke, etc but nothing works.. Normally feel better after food gets digested. The belching causes bit regurgitation of food recently.. Just hope it goes away soon..

Tine77: I put on almost 6kg already
sad.gif
I'm worried I'll get real big manz..

Daisy: The next big item i am still pondering is the stroller. Dunno which brand and which type to buy.Any suggestion?

tine177:Mine is also princess and i also like gals, more sweet. The prenatal massage is for 1 hour, usual price $55, i signed up at Expo Baby fair for 1st session $39.95. They do not have package for prenatal, only postnatal. The staff there are very pro and experience so i enjoyed it.

Blitx: Started backache this week, my backache is also very serious, i m not sure whether is the put on weight, was thinking to ask the doc is it lack of calcium that's why having backaches as the bones are not strong.

Blitx - if u feel the food dont get digested , did u try like small meals but more meals per day?

i had such feeling at first , so end up puking everything cos i felt very full .. bear with it a little more , guess will be going off soon for u =)

Apple - i cant suggest much on stroller cos i will just be getting a cheap one at nearby shops which are no brand types .. plus i getting them at very later stage like after baby is out

if ur in the fb group ,u can check the other mummies suggestions on the brand and type =)

backaches are common during pregnancy , not due of lacking calcium

Daisy: I feel ok when eating so always end up overeating I guess.. Cos worried i dobt eat enough for the baby to grow.. End up my limbs are the ones where fats accumulated

What's the diff between FB and here? More exclusive?

Apple: it's not calcium. Was told by gynae that it's my bad sitting posture, but habits are tough to change. Slouches a lot at work cos am still so tired

Good morning,

I am new here and my EDD is sometime in March next year too
happy.gif

I have just made a downpayment to purchase the Quinny Zap stroller during the Babyfair in Expo. Now in dilemma whether to get either Zap or Zap Extra.. anyone knows the pros and cons of both? Wld appreciate yr view/opinion.

Daisy (daisy_85) or anyone, can add me to the facebook group pls? [email protected] thks
happy.gif

hi blitx,

agree with daisy try smaller multiple meals, it will probably helps. as for the backaches, my gynae gave me some B-complex pills..it works for me
happy.gif

Blitx - u can try eat lesser portion but more meals so baby will have enough too .. i almost ate nothing at first also but baby still manage to grow so dont worry much =)

most of the mummies all in FB instead lol .. more active there maybe =)

aoxeze - welcome & congrats ! i added u in fb , once u accepted , will add u in the group =)

Welcome & Congrats Aoxeze: Gynae didnt prescribe any vits for me, only taught me one back strengthening exercise, but I'm too lazy to do it, been really lying on the sofa and "rotting" over weekends and after work

Daisy: anxiety of a FTM, cant tell enough or not enough. One of my friend told me at this rate, I'll put on 30kg

daisy : thks and congrats to u too!

blitx : I am also very lazy when come to exercising,, so hv to pop the b-complex pills instead. as for the weight increase,, hi*5 coz I hv put on 5kg so far!faintz

*hi 5*
happy.gif

I wonder if that's the norm.. only sad I'm putting a lot on my limbs and most of the maternity are sleeveless

Anyone knows what's the range if weight gain for us at this stage?

Jac: I've no experience as FTM. Wondering if I need one or not too

Blitx - lol !! dont worry , if after delivery , ur bf-ing baby .. will slim down quite fast de =)

aoxeze - added u in fb le =)

Alamak, I lost 3kg in 1st tri, thanks to MS. Now only put back 400gm on top of my original weight. I wonder is this good or bad?

momoko: I'm envious.. always envy those preggy mummy who have slim limbs, they look good in clothes

Daisy: Worry I cant BF or something.. heard that not all are successful at it

Must we look at pretty baby pictures? Havent been doing much except watching evil shows on TV - Bridezillas

Hi ladies, back in sg! It's so hot! Weather in HK was so cooling!!!

I have nt gone for my gynae check up yet, I guess I will put on some weight! My family commented tt my tummy is big but body is still ok.

Blitx - not sure , personally i dont bf .. lol

i dont feel its a must to see pretty baby pics la , but ppl always say look at nice pictures den baby come out will be nice too lol ..

i've been watching horror movies all the time haha , the worse is i watch final destination 5 ! omg , tat rly disgusting haha !

kaye - enjoyed urself? wah , i wished for a cooling day in sg ! sometimes the weather rly is bth !!

No lo, I'm fat to start with coz din managed to shed off the weight frm last preganacy.
sad.gif
I hope tis time dun put on too much else I cannot walk Liao. Lol. Juz normal n all the weight go to bb will do. Haha.

Daisy - i tot u watch food show lo. cravings alot! hahaha!

BB - have u decided on ur helper? my fren send me 1 ex sg and i told my fren my requirements when she phone interview her.. my fren told her $470 but she hiam low. i give up. i rather take my time choose one whos willing to work.. LOL..

Daisy - Thks for adding me. Not very active in FB though. Thought to glean some ideas fr the mummies about the stroller. Alas abit late liao because I just picked up my stroller le. Now having post purchase anxiety dont know whether I made the right choice or not..hahaha

Dym - You are looking for a helper too? So am I..but wow very confusing leh.. so many agencies to choose fr and with different agency fees. I wonder if really the higher fee ones will have better maids?

Back