(2012/03) Mar 2012

Good morning mummies...

My babies will be 20 weeks this weekend. Right now, I also can't feel their movements. I am looking forward to that. Not to worry ET, you are not alone.

Last week, I do feel cramp at the lower abdomen on and off, but now ok. I'm waiting for my FA scan next monday... 5 days to go.

Blitz, have not started the aqua fitness. But should not be crowded, they said they limit to only 6 pax per class. It is starting in Nov.
Tine177, high five! I am a first time mom too. I feel pain too.
Wk 18 now, no movements yet...

happy.gif
I see a lot of first time mother. Always wonder if I'm asking my gynae weird questions cos I get side stitches and leg cramps

Elletwins: are you going to get maternity swimwear? I'm still wondering if I can fit into my bikinis. So far, I've not started wearing any maternity clothes

Blitx: I started swimming last weekend. I think it's more comfortable to wear maternity swimwear but it's more expensive. But if u are comfortable with bikini, just be careful of the "security".

Elletwins: I think I will get TMC childbirth course. Got discount 10% since I apply for their FBI card.

Blitz: Yes, I bought my maternity swim wear from Spring maternity already.
I bought and started wearing especially my pants, cos my waistline grew by 2-3 inches.
Twins, I signed up for KK liao...starting next Sat...

I've not sign up for any prenatal classes, have to check it out by this weekend

Elletwins: My waistline expanded long time ago too. I bought waistband extender for my pants and has been wearing my loose dresses, which works so far. My waistline has grew by 5-6 inches (measurement at circumference ard belly button)

Not a frequent swimmer, hence was thinking bikinis might be a better choice though the rest of my body have started going out of shape too

Daisy, sometimes I feel I'm asking gynae too many questions. Been asking my frens with kids too, but found forum very informative
happy.gif

Mummies, u all measure your waistline ar? I dun dare to measure. Now, it looks huge haha. Start wearing maternity wear ard 4 months. Haha.

elletwins: Now got mixed feeling about joining the childbirth course, as my sis say, I can learn from my CL that month and with my mum, my MIL, my sisters, they should be able to teach me ba. Wonder wonder wonder how... $200+ can buy babies stuffs. Haha.

Blitx - its ok as long gyane dont mind , ask whatever u like haha .. my longest time taken inside the clinic was 1hr LOL !! i guess the next mummy behind me waited until bth bah , i asked alot of questions lor haha

Twins, well, learn for knowledge la...I have a CL already, but at least learn something, better than clueless for me...I have never taken care of a baby before. I see baby, I run away, cos too fragile, dont even dare to carry any...
GG, I am not sure which is bigger, but I went to the one at Nex, not impressed with their collection though.

I'm gg for c-sect as usual coz of no option. But I kinda like c-sect coz juz lie there then pop liao by the time I wake up from the GA. No need worry if cannot natural then still muz emergnecy c-sect then backside pain, pocket lagi pain. Heehee. I had my girl via c-sect, evening I can eat without vomiting and bf already, by second day they took all tubes out coz I was swelling at the insertion point already and I walked to toilet and carry bb on my own le. But I tink the recovery rate really depends on individuals n their pain threshold. Maybe coz this is not the first c-sect that area numb already?

My tummy I tink over expanded liao. I dun feel any stretching, so far no itch too but it certainly look huge till pple ask me if I'm giving birth soon
sad.gif

Blitz: i'm not a FTM.
sad.gif
hopefully, i starts to feel it soon so i will feel more secure.
happy.gif

BB: how many weeks into your pregnancy now? when than u start to feels it?

Twins: thkx... now i'm feeling normal as i'm not alone.

ET,
I'm in my 20th week. Started to feel small movements around 16th week, getting more frequent and stronger. I don't recall having these feelings the last time.

This two days ... i start to feel inside punching me ... i feel like inside having some fun ... but also cant confirm lei .... cause dont know is it my imagination anot ...lol ...

ET: Yes, FA and detail scan is the same thing. it scan the bb internal organs to make sure all are well develop and is usually done between 20-22 weeks.

I am FTM too, havent feel any kicking or any butterflies in the stomach too. Last night, my lower abdominal stretching so hard like gng to burst, keep waking up till like i nv slp at all. I can feel a hard lump on my tummy (can shift from left to right then to centre). checked with my gynae ytd and he said is the womb. anyones has the same feeling?

I intend to enrol for the chidbirth class after my detail scan. will be attending with my hubby as it is 1st time for us and we want to ensure that we gain some knowledge & r prepare for the bb arrival
happy.gif

Ytd visit my gynae, ask if is boy or girl. gynae scan awhile and said look abit like girl but still cant confirm yet. ask me to wait till my detail scan for 100% confirmation. need to wait for another 2 weeks b4 i will know what is bb gender.

J, DD is fine. But I'm still feeling nausea. I tink tis bb really picky over food and seems to hates Mac. Every time I take Mac food sure puking marathon
sad.gif

Hi ET, Blitx, Daisy n all,

approaching 21 weeks. I don't know whether detailed scan is called fa scan haha. I started to feel baby movements in 20 weeks.

What is ftm?

Momoku - mac i only able to have fillet with extra tartar sauce so it taste sourish for me lol !

tine177 - ftm = first time mom

blitx, my gynae did inform me that i hv fibroids, and i go through natural during my 1st preg. this time it would be the same. From wat the gynae told me as long as your baby size is bigger than the fibroid size, it should not have any problem.

I would encouage those FTM to attend antenatal program, u will gain more knowledge.

Twins/ Daisy, my tis one very picky leh. Dun like chicken, dun like oily stuff, dun like sweet stuff, dun like sugarcane drink, dun even like bird nest! OMG! I practically hv to live on steam n soupy stuff till my friends tink I'm trying to control my diet. Haha.

Tine, FTM = first time mum

Ellet twins, tks!! Will check them out. Else maybe just buy normal 2 pc swimwear bigger size.

Momoko, u should be happy ur bb loves healthy food! My one only wan sinful fried stuff! Chicken wings, curry, prata, pizza!

momoko - good leh , i eat steam fish , my baby make me puke , i eat sashimi , my baby so enjoy LOL !!

gentle beaks - *wave* welcome !!! =D

Daisy, I think my sashimi craze is over. What a waste!! Now I eating mostly steam fish but salmon can only take in raw form. Heh!!

Mommies, where can I buy waistband extender? I still refuse to give up my daily pants. =P

Do you all eat a lot? I realised I don't really get very hungry and dont have special craving. Just the normal bf, lunch and dinner. I will drink milo at night.

I don't like to drink milk. The nurse at my clinic gave me some sample milk powder pack to try but I still don't like it.

Did anyone buy the pregnancy support pillow and the "waist support band" where u wrap around your body to protect the tummy and prevent backache?

esther - i ask alot of stuffs this time round

i ask can i induce early and the pros and cons of it

i ask if i able to give birth naturally this time

i ask abt hospital package and price

i ask abt my risk of getting miscarriage

i ask abt after my kids age gap , am i able to delivery smoothly

i ask that my discomfort during pregnancy and wat cause it

i ask whether its ok to sleep on tummy

and my own case like bleeding , low placenta and a 2cm meat tumor thingy inside my womb , add up my consultation will last for maybe like 1hr LOL !!

<font color="000080"> gentle beaks >> I was using Bellaband to "expand" my pre-maternity stuff, but now even that cannot use liao, v uncomfortable. Now wearing maternity pants that are still too loose for me, using the Bellaband to hold it up! :p I think there's a cheaper product called belly-belt, have seen in most maternity shops in sg but I dunno how useful it'll be for 2nd tri.

tine177 >> My appetite the same also. Actually bb only needs extra food equivalent to about one slice of bread or a glass of orange juice? So dun go and chiong just because you think you need extra! Just listen to your body. I tried using Bellaband for waist/back support today quite comfy but bloody hot lar though, in this weather!</font>

Hi everyone, am kind of new here. I am expecting #2 and was away from work for a month due to MS/nausea and stuff. Currently in my 18th week now. Felt baby from week 16 onwards, after recovering from a suspected stomach flu (which was like MS all over again
sad.gif
)

Hope I can tahan and go au-natural again + breastfeed
happy.gif
My #1, girl just turned 2 this month
happy.gif

Hope I will be able to share some of my experiences and learn more from you girls :D

Oh and just to share, I came across a post regarding Complimentary prenatal yoga classes and have emailed the lady for more details.. Those interested can contact Vanda Phua at [email protected] for more details.
The class is suitable for pregnant mothers after their first trimesters and who are able to attend all three sessions.
Partners are welcome to join too.
No prior yoga experience required.

Anyone planning to go any baby fairs this coming weekend or in Nov? Think it will be the last of the baby fairs before we pop.

Hi gentle beaks and Gina, welcome ;)

For me, I dn ask much when I visit my gynae, my main motive is to c my bb inside me ;)

It's late.., gg bed now...
Gd nite all...

Blitx: I'm a FTM oso. So silly, I thot it's full time mum until I saw mummies posted wat it meant.

BB: I'm in my 20 wks nw but I dnt feel any movement.
sad.gif
everytime after meal, I only starts to feel uncomfy... Izzit bcoz BB is moving? Or m I silly tht I dnt even knw tht BB is active? So sad!

HL: thkx for the info.
happy.gif
hw many wks are u nw? Mine cfm princess last wk (19 wks). I do feel abdominal pull during my 1st tri n got worried. Ask gynae, said it's normal as BB is growing n stretching. Looks like most of our gynae here refers us to alot of scan... Asked my cousin n she said the gynae nv ask her do any scan.

Tint: FA scan is detailed scan as cfm by HL. I'm being diff brands of milk oso n tried similac mum n friso mum... One of it taste sucks. I stop drinking as I vomited out shortly. Drinking fresh milk nw but my mum ask mi dnt drk too much as it will cause BB to ve alot of phlegm.

Welcome all MTBs~~~~!!

Good morning mummies~ Long time no talk with u all le........

im going Baby fair this coming sat~ and of cos Food &amp; Electronics fair.. LOL.. For Oct baby fair, i think Michelle22 mentioned that theres nothing to see and better to concentrate in Nov wor. How true i duno. Im there to see see walk walk.

Pushed forward my 22Oct appt to 14Oct last week! Dr L.Ang went for delivery..lucky i only waited for an hour. Saw my lil beanie grow so fast! Although Dr L.Ang told me the gender but couldnt confirm yet so i have to wait til 14Nov detail scan at TMC.. And ya, my EDD pushed back to 10April.. But i will still be MarMummy..

Dym,

Your gynae also Dr Ang ar? I'm seeing him on 24 Oct. Btw, every month the EDD for my babies been pushing forward, how is it possible to push backwards ar? Hmmm.

As for the baby fair, I'm going after work tomorrow. Hopefully don't disappoint me, I stay very far leh... Go all the way down Expo...

Twins,
my gynae Dr Lawrence Ang. Dr Ang based on the length and weight of baby.. Think the position of my baby caused some mistakes in measuring. He didnt mention anything on this so i supposed my baby is ok. Anyway, i didnt notice the edd til im out of his clinic.. thats y didnt ask him. Rmb to update whats there to see at Baby fair after ur visit.

Hi Gina,
Are u referring to baby fair in expo? Is there another in nov? I dunno what to buy now. Maybe will go there to take a look.

Is it cheaper to buy everything during expo? Share more info abt the prenatal yoga ok.
happy.gif

Dym, edd will change one as per e scan. Usually, I will stick with e one tt my gynae calculated based on our last period.

My waistline expanding very fast. E clothes starting to be tight &amp; I have to wear my maternity wear soon.

kaye - ya i know edd will change.. my #1 edd change from mid month to end month when im supposed to be in my last trimester.. all depends on the position of baby i think. as long as i see growth in baby, im ok..

I was on MC for the past 2 days. couldnt eat for a day. My #1 oso.. She still sick at home with Daddy while i have to come back to work.. ))=

Twins - she going ar? tot she say so loud Oct baby fair nothing to see? LOL.. I going on Sat morning! Got many fairs there. Sure v crowded..
John Little
Baby Fair
Food &amp; Electronics
Crocs

Back