(2012/02) Feb 2012

Sofia, sounds like u giving the AR. They thicken the milk with cornflour to help milk stick better to bb tummy to reduce regurgitation.

GG- have you changed the valves on the pump lately? May need to change them every few weeks if pumping often.

Btw- for those who hand express, how do you catch the milk? Do you use a special funnel or cup?

GG - is it? then in that case shud be, need to go back n check. yup, it's quite thick. in fact its the thickest milk ive ever seen experience.

beemummy - before while im still BF, i hand express it into the medela cups, those plastic cups which can be used only once. This was taught by the LC when i was in the hospital.

My baby all along also eating enfalac but I think I bought the wrong formula. I bought the one with regularities ... Shit. Feel like throwing away this whole tin and buy again. Sure kana f by hubby later.
I don't want to put him on such heaty formula as he don't like water.

Can I buy the normal enfalac and then mix both formula? Like 1 scoop + 4 scoop?

Sofia ; can u post a photo of your milk power on fb. I want to see is it the same as mine.

Last time the milk tin doesn't have the red ribbon but now it has.

i will also like to be add into the fb link. pls sent me the link.

Need advise also that now my boy is taking 120mil with four scoops of Friso milk pwder and he will regurgitate milk out with undissolve milk pwder , shall i reduce the milk powder or shall i reduce the volumne of the milk>

Beemummy, oh is it? Tks! Nope so far never change any parts on my manual avent which is 2 mths old. As for hand express, sometimes I do it while pumping so just express into the same (not sure that's called valve or shield :p). At times if just hand express adhoc I simply take a milk bottle or the avent via storage cup.

Dragon girl, u may check when u prepare the fm, the milk got dissolve? Sometimes need to twirl the bottle in middle of feed if u notice still have milk powder not dissolved so bb wont take in the powder instead of milk.

The milk he regurgitate is powder? Not like thin tou huay type? If tou huay type is undigested milk then maybe u wan to reduce the amount u feed to see if it gets better. Usually if is just small bits of regurgitation is ok though.

Personally I do not adjust the no of scoops unless advised by PD, e.g for older bbs sometimes if got diarhoea etc PD will suggest adjust.

Till now my gal takes small frequent feeds. Currently 100-120ml bm/fm per 3 hrs, though if follow fm they say 150ml per 4-5 hrs. But it also means waking up more frequently for me in the night :p

But happy she is putting on good weight
happy.gif

1. Mamapanda, boy, 11-Feb, 6.3kg 61cm
2. Sofia, boy, 2-Feb, 5.9kg, 58cm
3. Nana, boy, 6 Feb, 5.9kg, 61cm
4. Jen, girl, 9 Feb, 4.3kg, 59cm
5. GG, girl, 16 Feb, 6.1kg, 60cm
6. Elxir, boy, 24 feb, 4.7kg, 54cm (taken last mth)
7. Joeles, boy, 27 Feb, 4.25kg, 53cm (taken last mth)
8. Sassystrawberry, girl, 27 Feb, 4.23kg, 52.5cm (also taken last month)
9. Shan, boy, 01 Feb, 5.5kg, 60cm

GG - try changing the valves, some say if you use the pump everyday or a couple of times a day, may need to change every 3 weeks.
happy.gif

Serene - still taking domperidone, but have reduced my dosage to 1 tablet, 2x a day. What about you?

Hi Sofia
my bb development ok. i just found out from hubby friso comfort is not soy based. it has some carbo bean content. Sorry abt that.

Sweetcorn, tks for the info! im nt really particular if it's soy based.. jz looking for FM which does nt make bb regurgitate often and also FM tat is good for their brain development.

10. Huang Meifen, boy, 25 feb, 5.3kg, 61cm

I need to buy a manual breastpump - any suggestions on brands, where to buy and how much the least expensive one would cost?
Thanks.

hi mummies,
Got a qn to ask u. Do you feel that bb head is hotter than body. My bb temp is ard 37.4 degree when using ear thermometer but when i use e digital thermometer, his temp is only 36.9 or 37 degree. Which is normal no fever.
Juz wana ask any mummies encounter this?
Advise
thks

Beemummy, I tried avent manual pump. My fren highly recommended it n lent me her set. I didn't expect a manual pump could express as much as electric pump using same amount of time. Saw it at metro last week but didn't check out the price. Not intending to get it since I prefer dual pump.

Evon, baby temperature tend to be higher, so ear thermometer is not accurate. My pd said the most accurate reading is the one from under armpit.

Beemummy I use manual avent and find it v good. My CL
Commented I finish pumping so fast, usually total 15-20 mins. Previously I had freestyle but din quite work for me.

These days sometimes I lazy will hand express. Today v good let down handexpress 10 min get 150 ml.

I've got a pre-loved upright Farfalla chest freezer (4 drawers) for sales. No more warranty. Used for a year, to store only ebm.

selling at $200, self collect at Simei.

can sms me at 81258368.

Hi
I tot we hv a file collected as below link?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApMhws9jhemydGV4SEtaYzJwUnlXUmVlNFlmb2NXdFE&hl=en_US

Continue...    
10. Huang Meifen, boy, 25 feb, 5.3kg, 61cm
11. AL, boy, 20 Jan, 7.3kg, 62.5cm

Jen, I dun always get 150ml via hand express, but if manage to get let down then v shiok the flow v fast. My no 1 saw and shouted oh leaking leaking cos suddenly both side fast flow and I only using 1 bottle. I am not sure my method of hand express is the correct one, basically just express like cow like dat, towards nipple. Occasionally massage then express again. And it helps a lot if let bb suckle a while first b4 express, clear the path first
happy.gif

I think my supply Siao one. Sometimes good sometimes bad. And problem is I dunno wats the reason when it is good. Yesterday my bb choke when latch and she spit out my nipple then milk spray from nipple all over her face. Lucky din get into her eye.

Last night I use hot pad (actually for back blood circulation) put on Both breast for 30min, my milk can pump out extra 50ml then normal... Funny

Any mummies go color hair? Wil effect milk?

I have about 80 milk bottles (Safe & Non toxic - BPA free and Phthalates Free). Mostly used only 2-5 times because of the huge number I have for milk storage in the freezer - so there's still a lot of life left for these bottles.

Brands range from Tollijoy, Nuk to Autumnz. Bought brand new for about $1.70(minimum cost) per bottle. Want to sell at $1.20 each.
Size: 5oz (include screw rings and sealing discs for each bottle)

I have a couple of big bottles about 8-10 bottles which were opened but never used as my baby never graduated to that size. Would like to sell at $2 each.

Please PM me if interested or go to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/6948706.html?1335150827

mummies,
Hv you lose all e weights tt u gain during pregnancy. im still struggling to lose my weight. cant seem to lose it though i breastfeed. Any tips on losing weight fast

Oh, so quiet....where's everyone? On FB?
AL, gathering on 30Apr2012 leh instead of mother's day. We r referring to the same fb group, right?

<font size="+1"><font color="119911">Hi,

I'm also a fellow mummy and saw the discussion on storage of breastmilk. Nice to know so many of you need a freezer for it (means you have loads of milk!).

Just to share, do try to store milk away from raw food. If you don't have a choice, store milk ABOVE raw food, preferably the milk bottles/bags are in a separate container too. I use Lock &amp; Lock containers for this purpose.

Hope this info is useful. If you have any other questions, you can email me at [email protected].
happy.gif

Audrey</font></font>

Hi mummies, anyone use avent digital warmer to warm ebm? Any feedback? Is the temperature right for warming ebm? Scared temperature too high n spoil the nutrients in ebm. I m using pigeon 3-in-1 sterilizer cum warmer n it's taking long time to warm chilled ebm.

Hi everyone!

Any one has a good nursing bra to recommend? Cheap and provides good support? I'm currently using Emma jane's which I feel is very good but they are abit on the steep side.. 60+ for one piece..

Hi anyone baby is taking care by maid ? i m a first time mum and my boy was taking care by my mil n maid since he is born. He is now two mths old and i realise that he allows and likes my maid to carry , cudding , sleep at her chest and feed him rather then me ! he feel unhappy and cry a lot when i carry him. Need your advise on whether is it still possible to change his "habit" cos feel so sad when i c my boy sleeping so well at her chest

Dragongirl, not easy to change if the maid is main caregiver. Bb will get used to her way of carrying, her smell etc and naturally sticks to her more. Dats y some of my frens totally disallow the maid from handling bb, only do housework. My kids taken care by my mum and grow up v close to her, at times prefer her to me! But is my own mum so still can close eyes. I am sure I will feel upset like u top if it's the maid.

Hi dragongirl,
maybe try to sing or play with him ?

my gal is 2.5mths and love to listen to me sing and talk to her...ang gu gu or whichever baby language u know
happy.gif

every morning she wakes up and see me , i will smile at her and call her name plus say good morning. You will see her sweetest smile back at you. super melt! but gotta do this more to her ...like become a routine in order to get that response.

maybe you try to sing and see? try twinkle twinkle little star with hand actions...

dragongirl, i know wat u mean. but really no choice since we r working. my elder child also stick to maid... n my second one also need maid craddle then can zzz.

during her awake time spend more time w them. since i do exc pumping, the amt time i have really limited. no choice maid does most of the care

Back