(2012/02) Feb 2012

Al: she is going back coming 27
I have ask her to check price Liao
She us going back 1 mth.
But the price u getting from where is teabag type ?
I saw at mumfairy -$14
Capsules (50) - $21

For those worried about plug ducts, can try lecithin capsules. Best to take 3 times a day, helps keep milk flowing and avoid clogs.

For all over moisturizer, my ped recommends Physiogel AI Lotion.

I feel very depressed. My girl 3+ yrs old everyday n night screaming at least 1 hour. Nobody can control her tantrum. Very pity her suffering herself in crying shouting... How to handle? Sometime she cry bb also cry... Whole house full of crying sound... Arhhhhh! Want to stop it also cannot.

Al, will explore wholesale price. I buy from fu hua v ex. They open weekend ?

So far I drink almost $200 of red dates tea over the 7 wks.v v ex.

AL, can it be signs of jealousy? My 29 mths boy has been v attached to us and crying alot these weeks compared to the early days when his sister was born. He didn't want anyone except me & hb. Not even wanting his elder 2 bros. Did u try asking ur girl? Or if possible u can brg her out alone and spend some quality time with her.
happy.gif

Hazel, wow so magical? Will go try. I using avert bb bath and shampoo and moisturizer, quite like their pdt.

Blue date v expensive. I bot 2 kg v fast used up so downgraded to black dates and red dates. But I find red date less tasty.

Bb keeping me really busy! She dun finish her milk, more like snacker! Each time only take about 80ml so always wasting my milk. Now I dun warm up so much, just give her 90ml each session. If need more then top up ebm or fm.

Gg, blue date is not heaty as compare to red and black date so after 40 days confinement better to take blue date. If not risk getting sore throat. I think will alternate the red date tea with barley now. Can feel throat a bit swelling.

Wow Serene you must be drinking a lot of tea! I am only on my second package of red dates. I don't use a lot in each batch and add wolf berries.

Lecithin can buy at GNC. Recommended as a preventative for those prone to plug ducts. Look it up on Kellymom, they go into more detail about it.

Hi bee mummy n sweetcorn, I just brought my bb to pd. pd said her rashes n pimples due to blocked ducts n spreading of bacteria. Told us to use cetaphil restoraderm for cleansing of skin twice a day , ceradan as moisturizer n bactroban as antibiotics cream. Said my bb has a lot of wind too so gave her rid wind too.

Serene, anything can make her angry. No fix time... Must be very careful play with her.

Godsent, she sleep with us n v give her more attention then bb. My maid take care bb most of the time. When she like that always get sick, this morning crying n yelling 2 hrs plus. I just ignore her till she clam down herself. This make me very stress n effect my milk low production also. I did try to ask her why she cry n shout, she said very suffer n she know her own mistake. Another worst thing is she can poo n pee everywhere of the house, bedroom, kitchen, living room... She run around her shit also all around the floor. Going crazy to see this, event I ask her want to go toilet or not, she don't want but actually already poo out at panty.
sad.gif

Before that my old maid here she never like that, already 4th months ready with new maid stil no improvement. I'm thinking change maid again. Current maid always forgetful, wash my bb blanket until lost, wash my corset also say don't know where. She made lost many things n broken my glass bowl... But taking care bb ok, should change?? I already train her able to cook Chinese food but change hv to retrain again.

GG, go check it out. The ingredients r harmless too. Keep bb skin soft too. I kana mosquitoes bites but my bb doesn't! :p

Meiji, oh Wah blocked duct will have bacteria?? Aiyo looks like different pd got different diagnosis. Mine think nothing of it all all, just say such rashes/pimples are normal, will go away. Some of your PDa prescribe various creams.

Beemummy, mine likes to turn one side. Have to consciously turn her the other way. Else their face or headshape not balance.

Meiji the rid wind is the same as those sold at guardian?? My bb also a lot of wind. Everytime gek till face like bao gong! And the fart very power, super smelly!

Meiji_crackers:
PD say my bb got colic, oso gave her Rid wind.
Took for 2 weeks still not much effect.
My bb sometimes still fuss ard in evenings. N 1.5hrs later aft drinking milk then burp!
Sometimes oso spit out milk that looks like dou hua.. C her so xin ku very ke lian
sad.gif

Bee mummy, my cl add other herbs look like wood in the red date tea thats why more ex. Avg ard $30 for one week.

Evon, supply increase but when I try to cut down on supplement, ie domperidone and fenugreek by one tablet every day by third day my milk supply drop. so now back to normal dose to maintain supply. Now trying out power pump to built up supply cos next week have to go back to work for few days. Worried it might cause milk to drop again.

Previously took motherlove more milk increase by 15% that's why I want to cut down other supplement. Seems like I need a lot of supplement to built up supply. Later going to see Chinese physician at Chinatown want to know why my body cannot absorb and retain the herbs, he sure say my body weak.

Chili, rid wind may not work at all. I brought belle to Yu Guo for tui Na, after 1 season, can see effect Leow. Belle dun cry with no reason now.. Just that Yu Guo got lots of sick bbs / kids. So got to be careful dun catch the flu virus.

Hi GG, sorry I meant blocked pores on bb face.
I m not sure if the rid wind the pd gave is the same as the one sold at guardian.. My bb also gek till face super red. Poo n fart very loud one.

Hi chiliquek, the pd says can lay bb on her tummy to help her relieve wind. But someone must be around to monitor when she is doing it.

Hi all!
I'm a feb mummie as well, baby girl born on 7th feb at Thomson. Have been a silent reader all these while. Really thanks to all for sharing your experiences and making the journey of motherhood from pregnancy to confinement less lonely.
happy.gif

Just sent my girl to the Thomson pediatric centre at katong 112 for her 2nd month vaccination. Wondering if anyone compared price of taking jab at polyclinic versus tmc pediatric centre? Whats the consultation charges at polyclinic like?

Hazel

I also brought my girl to yuguo for tuina.. Only effective for afew days..after I stop bringing her there she refuse to slp at night..
Now I'm bringing her there every week..

I jus bought a lullaby cd this noon.. Hope it helps to sooth her to slp..

Hi Mummies
I suddenly remember my mother told me red date with
Empty heart ( seedless) less heaty
Think can get cheaper @ bugis
I once brought 1kg for $5 but in year 2008
At eng hoon street- a shop wholesale dry food & groceries
( near wholesale egg & tiong bahru market)
But red date also got grade - check with wholesaler is it good to be consume by mummy

Hi Liying
My 2 bb vaccination done at poly clinic
But I took the 5 in 1 & 6 in 1 package
6 in 1 - $380 include consultation
Plus nurse/ doc assessment every 3 mth
If you prefer private - can also go to private PD
Still cheaper than hospital package

Meiji, tks. I think shd be the same rid wind. Yup, I Aldo put my bb sleep tummy to help purge some wind our. And I also try to gently massage her tummy downwards when I put her face up in a slightly reclining position. Really helps.

Sigh, my supply affected by lack of sleep. Can only get about 100ml-120ml. May have to supplement more fm soon. Any mummy using nan ha fm?? Would like to get some feedback. Tks!!

GG: We used NAN HA in the hospital- even bought a lot of ready made formula from TMC but going to waste since not using.
sad.gif
. I can pass some to you, PM me.
happy.gif

How much does your bb take per feed? Isn't 120ml enough per feed? My bb takes about 90ml per feed when pumping, is that too little?

mummies, need help here. my 6 weeks old girl keep fussing when i latch her. I thought it is cuz of fast let down, but she still fuss after the let down. very hard to nurse her now. any mummies having the same prob.

also now i latch on my girl 80% of the time, find my supply not increasing and seems to be decreasing. is it because she didnt clear my breasts? my breasts will accumulate the milk until i feel very engorged and i will pump out, about twice. should i pump after every feed? but i'm afraid bb will not have enuff milk for the next feed. any advise?

Hi Khim, am having the same issue as u. Latch on from her first feed of the day till the last feed at abt 10pm. I usually latch on no more den 20mins per side and change side. When he is done, I leave it as it is. Didn't pump cos I scare he is just resting and wan to have somemore. My CL commented that my supply seems to be dropping cos she has to top up abt 60-90ml FM after some of the feeds that I latch on.

Beemummy, tks. Will pm u. I only pump every 4 hrs now and supply fluctuate a lot. Super sianz, one day good one day bad. Getting v little sleep, at night sometimes almost doze off when feeding bb. My gal used to take 100-120ml per 2-3hrs. But these 2 days dunno y become snacker, takes only 80-90 ml every 2 hrs. End up always waste 1-2 oz of my bm, cos I always warm 4 oz for her in case not enuf. Now I only warm up 3 oz.

And she kena flu from daddy who sneezed right into her face last night! Just now bb made a fuss and I realize is becos got huge pc of mucus in her nostril. Managed to remove out with a mucus sucker.

My bb got into habit of falling asleep v fast if I latch. Refuse to wake even if I tickle her. And she will bite if I keep tickling her but won't let go my nipple! Worst is when she farts! She bite hard on me while she gek her fart! Sometimes I almost doze off latching her and get awoken cos of her fart and bite.

Today break record low for 1 of the pumps! Only 2 oz! Super duper sianz.

GG, my bb also kana blocked nose & cough now!! She has not much appetite. Drinks only 40ml only every 3-4 hours... Super sianz....

Hazel, oh dear we in same boat. So young bb sick already. Was talking to my mum she say just let bb drink wat they wan, we cannot insist they must drink a certain qty. Just dat I v heartpain my milk always wasted! Then my mum say hello we adult somedays also no appetite right??!!

My no 1 never drink much bm and he was never sick till 18 mths. Now bb no 2 drink bm so fast fall sick already. Sigh,

GG, brought her to PD on wed n was given 2 types of nose drop for infants. Was given zyrtec too but asked to give 2 drops which I didn't coz Zyrtec is for 1 yr & above n 5 drops! pD just reduced the dosage. No med for the cough which was caused by the blocked nose.

There r actually v few medicine meant for bbs under 6 mths. Spent $100 plus at PD n was given med that I can easily get cheaply at guardian! Her coughing worsen n I gave her Prospan - a natural cough syrup that can be bought from guardian & suitable for infants. My bottle is new which I got it during pregnancy time which I didn't use. My friend advises me to give Prospan.. But as it is v mild (even milder than panadol), bb still cough... I hv to call n postpone her vaccination on coming Monday.

Your bb also flu? U gave her any medicine?

GG, i just admitted belle to KKH A&E. She coughed out 4 milk feeds today already. And only took 80ml the whole day. She is breathing v hard too & in great difficulties.

Dr warded her coz she is only coming to 2 mths old & is worried she may get dehydrated if she keeps coughing out all the milk. She said she has some wheezing sound too, ie Bronchitis. Put her on neubaliser to widen her airways so she can breathe better. Her nose is no longer blocked though.. Dr confirmed that she is too young for any medications. So nothing else is given. Just hv to let her recover fr the cough herself. She can go home as long as she can keep her milk down & she can breathe better...

My poor bb.. Luckily no drip yet, if not heart pain... Sigh...

Hazel, how is Belle now? Still vomitting milk? Try n sit her up when nursing or lie on our chest upright more, can keep the milk down n baby digest better. My baby also Merlion a lot last few days, found from PD she got a shallow stomach. Now we nurse her upright n vomitting episodes has reduced.

Jen. She is better with the nebuliser coz it opens up her air way n she dun cough as much. This round is the cough that brought all the milk out, so upright also out if she cough hard.

Back