(2012/02) Feb 2012

Drink more fluids . Easier said than done. Now pumping in time before feeding.

Demoralizing if supply not able to meet demand. Start domperidome after stop for 3 days, hope supply can come back and increase.

serene123, i think fenugreek works better. try it 3 tablets 3 times for 2 days.... now every 2.5 hrs, my breast leaks....

n of course freq pumping helps

Khim, ya on confinement but been running out every weekend. This is my 2nd wkend confinement.

Avent bottles no trade in, only pigeon has. End up stock up on necessities like Avent bottles, via cups and lbb clothes :p Some items totally out of stock eg sterilizer, breastpads, huggies diaper!

Shirlyn:
I juz did my bb 1st month celebration yest n ordered fr xin yi pin catering.
Didn't receive bad remarks fr guests regarding food.
But I think the portion wasn't really enough for lunch session. So u may want to take note of that.
Their cupcakes look so cute. Haha. The kids love them.

GG_Lee:
During confinement can go out meh? Did u wrap yourself well so that u dun catch a cold? But if u squeeze at taka bb fair, guess u will feel the heat more than the cold. Haha.

Regarding 1st month celebration:
So shagged yest aft 1st month celebration. Whole day no time to pump cos guests kept coming in batches.
More convienient to do at home but need to clean up the mess aft that lor.

Btw, do u mummies stil perspire alot? Till when will this uncontrollable perspiration end?!?

I perspire lik tap!!! Better once start daily shower. I control my shower weekly but now at last week daily... N less sweat

Chilli quek, heeee ya I shopping queen, cannot control...so Bo chup just go though only half mth in confinement. Just make sure wear long sleeve and cannot carry the stuff. Hub had to lug everything into car. In fact taka has free delivery so mummies who dun wan lug can just go for delivery. Min spend $150.

First week I super perspire. Now a little better but after meals still v bad.

Anyone interested to buy motherlove more milk plus, went to tmc phamercy is selling at $89 , online only $53. Any one interested, let me know today ? Or can go iherb to see if u interested in other product, want to save some shipping charges.

Bee mummy, where u buy your motherlove more milk plus and it's cheaper?

Soul, I hv being expressing for 5 weeks. 7-8 times daily, pump like 20-30 mins using double pump. On Fenugreek about 3 weeks plus, in fact finish one 200 capsules bottle. Can only pump out 60 ml every 3 hrs. Some times I stretch 4.5 hrs I also get 80ml. I am trying to get 100-120ml every 3 hours at least can meet bb day time feeding.

Or at least fill up the pump bottle. Bottle like still empty after pumping.

Chilli Tks for sharing. I on my second wk confinement and will sweat esp aft each meal and sometime aft drinking hot red dates tea.

Soul, which brand fenugreek ur wife takes?? I also wan to get 200ml man!! Struggling to meet demand. Pump average about 100ml every 3 hrs n my 2wk old needs 90-100ml every 1.5-2 hrs!! Running low on stock!!

Been mia for so long. Preparation for the baby shower is so time consuming! But so glad that it is over. This year there is so many babies. A lot of my friends came with baby in toll or preggy. At one point of time, my hubby even couldnt recognize our own child. He was so blurr, looking our baby, and commenting loudly that he is not our son, just because he change out of his red shirt. All our relatives were like looking at him with a "sturn" face.

Btw, any of you experience pain at the csection wound after one month? After my son's baby shower, i experience pain, even worse than what i had when i was in the hospital. Not sure is it because i walk and stand too much that day.

Hi mummies,

Wanted to make appt to see LC at TMC but nobody pick up the call. Anyone walk in to see LC before? What is the average waiting time? Tks.

serene, is motherlove more milk plus really good? If so, I dont mind getting also.

GG, u power! the only time i manage to sneak out to shop was after my gynae visit last week. and it was to buy bb's stuff.. sigh!
i also wish to have 200ml!! =( I also pump an average of 100ml every 2.5-3hrs... now still able to meet bb's demand as I still have some milk stored. Just scare her demand increase and I cannot meet. =(
Now day time i pump, night time latch and pump, making sure my breasts are empty after each pump/latch. hope can see some increase in the next few days. else effort all wasted. =(

chilli, i also perspire a lot after meals. it's normal...

GG, can i know what breast pump u using? My avent one cannot make it. Pump like 20 min plus have "funny" sound. So in the end need to stop pumping, if not spoil, need to bring to service centre again

Khim, ya think my hub and CL give up on me Liao! So many sales! Mothercare harbourfront sales also but i din manage to go. At taka I went to eat tako balls bacon and cheese, and four seasons durian pancakes! Heavenly man!!!

Shan, me using avent manual pump. Very basic but surprisingly works ok for me. Only prob is single pump so one side leaks while I pump the other. I have to use another bottle to catch the leaking milk. V unglam! But anyway dun intend to pump once go back work so dun wan spend too much on the pump.

Hi Mummies!
Just wondering since Feb has only 29 days, do we consider baby's full month as a calendar month?

Also, do you follow one calendar month or 28days for your confinement? I can't wait to "graduate" from confinement to head to all the sales! keke But wanna play safe even though its just 1-2 days difference coz it might just be my last baby! No more chance to bu and bu! :p

GG Lee: Usually taka baby fair is good if you need to stock up on avent (20%), pigeon stuff (20%, munchkin and others (usu 30%). They also have bottle trade in programme where you give them your old bottles and you can buy a new one at a discounted price. (Eg, you can buy a medela bottle for $6)

Pricing wise, if you have taka amex card, additional 6% rebate in vouchers plus $3 off carpark (min $120 spent) and FOC delivery (min $100)

I like to order lots of wet wipes and get them delivered coz its soooo heavy! Fisher price toys - quite some variety on discount but usually I'll wait for the warehouse sales!

If you miss it, don't worry coz isetan usu holds its private sales during this timing too. 20% + 3% for members. Next taka sales will be aug/sep. Just in time for us to get weaning stuff for baby!!

Oh if you head there early, they have free gifts for you! I managed to get a free little tikes rider & fleece blanket a few years back. Last year my gf got a little tikes musical toy! It's while stocks last.

Hope it helps!
happy.gif

oops!! GG lee! i just saw yr post!! Any good lobangs? do u see medela trade in for the bottles?

I'm oso running out occasionally. no choice coz b1 is sick and i need to send him to doc. Stomach flu. He is still v lethargic. Slept fr 10am till now without any food. Spent the whole nite cleaning him and accompanying him coz of diarrhoea and vomit. Sigh.. it's nt easy juggling 2!

Knim, yup I am getting it and I also want to order motherlove special blend extract. U want anything else ? Cos courier min charge is us$12. So its worth it to get a few more items.

Pm u my hp to confirm.

Babymummy, tks!! Nope I trade in for pigeon bottles to try instead. Also bot a lot of avent bottles all the way to biggest one. The pigeon wipes v good deal too. Aiya end up never use my taka card so missed out on the rebate and free parking. It was so crowded I just wanted to quickly get our after my loot:p

Any idea when is the fp sales huh? I went once a few years back, v worth!

baby_mummy, i will finish my confinement on my bb's full month. but i will still take red date tea and herbal soup until 40 days.

serene, will wait for your PM. =)

Ya!! I really like the FP sales! Hehe I'll keep you posted once I get any news ya?

Aiya you forgot your taka card... nvm! There is always a next time! I never fail to go taka bb fair ever since having B1!

You went to MC sales at habourfront? How is it? Gd? You are so lucky! My hb won't be happy if I sneak out to shop! Yours still help you carry your purchases!

Babymummy, nope din go MC sales though I really wished to. But aftr the taka sale was tired already so gave up the idea. How to be informed of fp sales huh? Last round I was also informed by fellow forumer
happy.gif

GG Lee: yup! I was informed by the mummy groups too! Hope it'll be soon!! The 1st one I've been to is good! But the 2nd one isn't so!! So I guess it depends on your luck and timing!

When we do 40 days confinement, it only applies to meals only?

Khim: Yup I like the red date tea! Supposed to boost milk supply! Soups sound like a good idea! How I wish I could just order soups to be delivered.. eg green papaya fish bone soup!

Talking about full month parties! What's all your plans? I'm a lazy mummy! Haha planning to just go out and have a good meal with the grandparents!

Baby_mummy, I also hope there is delivery for soups. After my mum go home, I gonna cook my own red date tea n herbal soup. Lucky its only 10 more days only.

Re: full month
Ordered buffet n cupcakes. Will b delivering full month packages to my office also.

Rocco, shld arrive within 4 days. U wanna order?

Serene123:
1) are you getting sleep or nap in between the 3 hrs?
2) do you massage before and during the pumps?
3) how often you taking the fengureek?

GG: The GNC one. You want me to post on facebook?

Soul,

Actually, I don nap in between cos find it waste of time. Plus I hv one 4 yrs old to take care.

I did some massage as per yr previous posting, is useful cos I do get some milk.

As for fenugreek, maybe after taking I drink lots of water that's why not effective. I take 3 capsules 3 times daily. Saw on one website it's says 15 before and after drink little water.

Being pumping diligently, but not yield results. If supplies still low, might not want to pump after going back to work. Maybe that think need to buy some milk from soul mummy.

Just read a stupid new , all maids will get weekly off day from 2013.

when they go back, we still hv to pay them during the 2 weeks. Rules also should review this that employer not liable for their home leave.

For those taking Motherlove, don't forget cannot drink too much liquid 15 min before or 15 min after. I didn't read the directions properly so was drinking tons of water every time for the first 2 weeks, wasted the pills really.
sad.gif

Any suggestions on a baby that does not burp after each feed, maybe only every 2 feeds will burp? I try and try for a few mins, but cannot get her to burp. And then sometimes she gets hiccups, aiya....

BTW, how much are the TBM babies drinking per feeding? 60ml? 100ml? Wondering how much should prepare if need to go to doctors and leave baby at home with hubby or helper.

serene123: I understand how you feel. SoulMummy didn't want to nap also previously until it was proven that sleeping / napping does help. Its difficult as you have another 4year old to take care.

Massage definitely helps, another thing, at night try to bathe hot shower then pump after that and also try to drink less water and more red date, that one is supposedly tried and tested.. you should be taking 2 capsules 3 x daily. don't give up.

lol dunno if soul mummy wanna continue pumping anot you ask her urself..

Soul, tks for sharing. Think u r right. First week I sleep more yield more. ur bb dun get cranky after soul mummy start fenugreek? Read dats one of the side effects.

GG, I ordered from sweetest moments as the discount is better and I'd ordered before for #1. Depending on how fanciful u would like. There's papamama, Melrose place, bengawan solo, etc.

Hi all mummies! I just finish my confinement! Hooray! My BB boy is born on 05 Feb.

Just to share: 3 days before he is born, my gynae do internal check and i'm 3.5 cm dilute with braton hicks only. He advice me to induce but i reject him. Haha... 3rd time mummy very thick skin... I told him i wan fully natural. So he say see u soon! My BB dun wan to see him soon le... wait for another 3 days before labour pain come.

Admin to hosp after 12hrs of contractions counting at hm. Nurse dun allow me to go hm after check that i'm 5cm dilute at 11.30pm. I popped moments after 2.30am. Another round of drug free delivery!

Now i can't wait to move back hm (as now staying at in law hm, so uneasy...)! I'm also taking fenugreek, 4 to 6 cap per day. My bb drink every 2.5 to 3.5hrly. So i latch one feed on one side, pump empty another side after feeding (abt 100ml). The expressed milk will be kept for his next feed. So i can rest in between and also allow my milk to "build up". If i lazy to pump empty, i'll latch him to another side for his next feed. I've give 1x FM in the night feed, so that my hubby or helper can help me feed. Using Avent manual pump too. Didn't plan to BF for long, so didn't invest on gd pump.

Any gd way for quick milk let down? I pump out the foremilk and can feel not empty all, so continue pumping, but the let down so slow for the hindmilk. Sometime to empty one side take 20 to 30 mins. But latch only take 10 to 15mins.

Pineapple - grats too!!! Paise been bz dealing with my stitches pain and pumping milk. didnt come on the forum! I've been going to and fro tmc these few days cos bb cannot go home doing phototherapy. She just discharged today finally jaundice down to 8.1. Could've visited u! =.=" waaaa u stay so many days damn shiok! Which floor were u on? U latch already still can express? Mine after latch nid to push bac nursery top up fm lo if not cannot zzz. Ur cough better le? Get well soon ya!

GG - shiOks going out! My hb also give up on me. kip complaining tis confinement like machiam dun exist cos everyday I'm out of the house. Visit bb den go elsewhere. =x But now #2 discharge le no more excuse to go out. First day trying to take care of both of them... Tink can die soon! #1 super clingy!!! and my pjs not soaked... So sadz. Keke.

Khim, baby_mummy - I came across tis thread in bp b4. they do cater papaya fish soup onli. But tink abit ex though. http://www.auntyliconfinement.com/pigs-trotters-n-green-papaya-fish-soup.html

Khim, tks! I also used sweetest moments for no 1, so now itchy to try others. But sweetest moments v good value for money, food and packaging quite nice. But now they change their packaging, become classic package instead of standard package. And is made of 2 tube boxes which from online dun look as nice as last time. But I need 100 boxes so may still consider them as their service is good and reliable.

Planning my full mth celebration also headache. The no of pax keeps changing and v ma fun cos need to see how to sit the pple in the restaurant pte rooms.

Xia, haha ya indeed like no confinement if we keep running out. Week days I try to stay home. Next weekend (16-18/3) got expo bb fair again! U c section or natural? My pj now so not always soaked liao, only after 4-5 hrs then will soak. Think I will try fenugreek soon. But am torn cos I also read we shd latch bb more to get supply (instead of relying on herbs ) which I am not doing much lor. Am going staycation next wend, meaning supply gonna b affected again.

xia, thanks for the link. =)
great to hear tt r bb is finally gng home. can start bonding with ur bb now...

GG, 100 boxes really a lot! i only ordered about 20 boxes. only giving to colleagues and relatives who coming for buffet. You also giving to frens?
yah, agree! somemore, their cakes looks great and one of the cheapest arnd. I collecting mine this Fri, will take a pic and post the classic package here.

anyway, isetan private sale is this Fri. I will be gng since I will be in the area that day. Hehe~ mayb after tt can go taka fair. hehe!

re: expo bb fair
any mummies wanna meet up and go together?

Hi Khim, giving colleagues. I like the dragon box design, u getting that design? Or princess?

Think something wrong with my isetan membership. I didn't receive the mailer leh! Any good deals there?

Khim u tried their fruity bites and mini donuts b4? Not sure if it's nice. Previously I chose the swiss rolls instead.

Back