(2012/02) Feb 2012

For easier delivery. Walking is a good form of exercise.. But only do it when after 38-39 weeks bahzzz.. Don't follow my footsteps.. I walked too much during week 36..☺

Hazel, I don't know there was such a scenario? But we have records at KKH anyway. They just said that they worried baby need neo natel care so no choice ask us to go SGH. They arranged an ambulance over. Given the circumstances, there wasn't much of a choice, however, in terms of attentiveness, the SGH nurses and doctors have been more attentive and accommodative. If baby stay in the womb for another 2 weeks then we might head back to our private gynae.

PS. What I heard was KK do reserve for their own patients who are registered with a gynae at KKH. So I reckon it's pretty much policy to turn A&E away to free beds up for own non-subsidized patients.

Sweet corn: just to add I believe only after 36 weeks onwards then can apply maternity leave. Before that ask hospital to write a memo or letter for hospitalisation leave.

Soul, no lah, my colleague was with gleneagles gynae last yr, warded at KKH when her water bag burst. Didn't turn her away. Hv records is one thing, the pregnancy file must be open, not closed... Usually, patients files are kept active for 1 yr.

Also as KKH non subsidied patients, a no of mommies still warded themselves at C ward when they had pre mature labors. A few of them hv bbs born as early as 27/28 wks n bbs stay in NICU in KKH for 2-3 mths. They were told of the estimated charges of the different categories of wards. Those with multiples most chose C class. It does not mean non subsidized KKH patients hv to take non subsdied wards at pt of admission. We always hv a choice. Some warded at A class, but after bbs are born, went for mean income testing n downgraded to subsidized ward for bbs.. Coz end of the day, there is only 1 type of NICU, regardless of the ward class. So, bbs all get the same treatment at NICU.

I know coz I know a few mummies with multiples. They went KKH as advised by their pte gynae during pregnancy n kept their pregnancy files open... Coz the pte gynae told them to go KKH if bb is < x no of weeks. Other than the ex cost factor in pte hospitals, they also cannot give the best care to bb coz they r not as equipped as KKH. The bb of my Ex colleague of mine was sent down by ambulance to KKH after birth at pte hospital... N the mummy has to sign a form exempting the pte hositpial of any liabilities if anything were t happen to bb on the way...

Hey mummies... How much walking is considered exercise? Cos I walk 20mins to work every weekday. Is that considered exercise also?? I told my Gynae before n she casually says that it's not really exercise though...

Hi all,

Ive a Preg Prego Pliko P3 2010 Java to let go at $380. Info on stroller is as in the following link: http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2010/Pliko+P3+2010

Bought it back in early 2010 for $700+ but it was rarely used as we have another stroller. In good almost brand new condition except for slight scratch on the front bar due to putting of tight fitting toy once, which has since been taken out. Do pm me for details and pics.

Meifen, dun think dats considered exercise leh, just like lunch time walk isn't. I would say maybe like 45 mins walk or a swim etc when we refer to exercise.

Was so tempted to buy new bikini yesterday, taka having sales! But like a bit no point now, guess will wait till after deliver.

Soul Daddy,
I was on bed rest for 10 days in hospital before delivering #1.
My own bill (including delivery charges) was 14k.
Baby's NICU was 15k.
All in, I think we shelled out cash of about half (approx $15k), rest covered under Medisave.

We did think about whether to switch to KKH when we were told we had to do hospital bedrest till delivery. But we stuck to Mt A because we wanted our gynae's expertise (instead of randomly being allocated to a doctor at KKH who doesn't know our medical history).
The last time I googled, if you stayed 2-bedder or 1-bedder at KKH, the NICU costs are actually quite similar to private hosp's, if I recall correctly.

My mil is a renal patient n her dr is fr mt e, the bills from mt e was super ex when she stayed there (min was like 30-40k, but once 60k!!!!). So, now we will ward her at mt A, luckily the Mt E dr can go mt A. Bill size much more manageable.. she one yr can stay in hospital a few times.. A few mths bk, she had to do a day surgery on her arm... That one got to do in mt E.. No choice, cost $4-5k!! N is just a day surgery! Mt E is really for the rich meh.. High end pte hospital.. :p

I suppose if got insurance cover 100% then any pte hospital is fine. I'm planning to get the Aviva one with riders for my family

For delivery, if normal, no NICU, mt e price comparable to gleneagles. In fact slightly cheaper. Apparently after claim medisave only need to pay $500?? But I'm not claiming if everything normal cos mine covered by insurance

Chewie, hm.. TMC requires a cash deposit of 4.5-5k at pt of admission for delivery. Medisave can only claim abt 2.5k. It is on TMC website.. Now I wonder y mt e, cash portion so little n TMC requires so much...

Hi Soul108
Hope mommy Soul and baby are doing fine. sorry i just read what happened...

Btw, any mommies know at which week do we start drinking fresh coconut juice? Thai coconut can?

babyjng: i reckon class A wards for restructured wont be too far off from private. However there are misc fees or other fees that can be charged higher for private..

Your charges were pretty much what the administration lady at our hospital mentioned. About 1 thousand plus plus a day.

Today is the 7th day for soul mummy and counting. Just seeing when baby wants to come out on her own

Sweet corn: thank you. Anytime delivery. Tomorrow? next week ? Depend on dd mood..

Hi soul daddy, Jia you to u, soul mummy &amp; soul baby! Must give mummy some entertainment eg iPad or magazines, if not she'll be bored at hospital..

So talking to baby will help to move to correct position? How to tell?

sweetcorn, my colleague told me after the 7th mth can start drinking, but not too often. but i dare not lar, seems too early. most i heard is at the last mth..

Sweetcorn, u can start drinking from 32weeks onwards. The big green ones sold at food court or market is preferred. I'm taking one per week to cool my body now as I was having epistaxis due to heatedness.

First working day of 2012 and I'm down wif flu n sore throat, can imagine boss's black face. Haiz...

Happy New Year to all!!

soul, I went to the delivery suite for 3 days of high fever end of nov 2011. There is a notice at the counter informing that the NICU is full, so those non KKH patients pls go to other hospitals. Can see they do reject A&amp;E cases if they are not their patients.

Better to take hospitalisation leave if can cos maternity leave are for taking care of and bonding with the newborn bb and breastfeeding. Don waste it for hospital stay where bb is not even out yet.

Exercise
I'm doing lots of squats now. Whenever I toilet, I will choose the squat ones. Cos of hygienic and in order to do more squats. I will do more as I hope I will dilate and have a fast and smooth VBAC.

For my #1, I went thru some dramas where KKH doc say I'm going to have a pre-matured birth at 28 wks. So after the drama, I don dare to go squat toilets and walk too much. End up I can't dilate and had emergency c-sect. So now must really do more exercises and squats and jus pray hard bb come out after CNY. I wan a full term (37wk) dragon bb.

So gals, u can start to do exercises like squats and walking at the final month (after 37wks). Its a must to do hor so that u can have a fast and smooth natural birth.

Epi
I asked the dump question before after my hubby told me there is a needle on my back. He say those needles are very small and tiny so u won't feel the needle at all and can lie down on bed. The big and long needle already taken out after inserting the tiny needle in with it. And you won't feel any thing at all after the epi. No pain!

I'll start drinking coconut after CNY just to be safe ;) go fr the big green ones
happy.gif

Chewie, which insurance covers 100% hospitalization for pregnancy? I am very interested to find out, thanks in advance.

Soul 108, sorry to hear of your situation.. Hope all turns out well. Take care! Stay positive
happy.gif

Rocco, I don knw leh. I jus go with the flow. Only remembered I waited for the nump to go away and they removed my drip. Don remember they removed anything from my back leh. Hmmm.. I ask my sis-in law (nurse) or hubby tonite.

@GG Lee, i decided to walk some stairs after CNY. haha..sad to know that my daily 20mins walk is not considered exercise =p

my EDD is on feb 22, but my gynae (LN Sim) will be away from feb 15-23. ML Yeap will be taking over her. Doc Sim predict that i will deliver before she go on leave...so i'm hoping for a valentine's day bb =p

coconut wise..i started drinking from 32 weeks. 2 weeks once and i guess weekly from week 36 onwards? i'm drinking the small white coconut though. does it make a diff with the green ones?

I will only start drinking coconut once a week from week 36. I don dare to drink too early. Will continue to drink barley water if I have time to boil or I happened to see it selling outside.

I jus had durian feast again when having count down with my neighbours. She also told me bb #2 will usually be bigger than #1. OMG, I don dare to touch durian anymore!

Morning mummies &amp; soul Daddy!

Happy 2012.

Soul daddy, sorry to hear what both you and your wifey has been thru. Hope that your bb will wait till 37wks.

Meifen, its okay to walk 20mins. I had mild gestational diabetes and was told by the dietician to walk 20mins as exercise to burn off the extra sugars. My friend also 1st birth and she walks a lot everyday, end up comes labour time, her bb comes out very fast in 2hrs! *gulp* really fast, not enough time for the epi to take effect.

Jas, can drink one coconut per wk in 3rd tri. jut buy those small coconut and drink, tht's what I did as they said that comes 3rd tri our body are actually very heaty like an oven. Tht's why it's ok to drink once a wk. Durains!! I'm drooling over it, but cannot take at all! have to control my diet till birth.. boohoo.. byes byes to the CNY goodies!
sad.gif

Green coconuts r liang. Small thai coconuts r said to be Heaty.

I will take only after 37w when bb is full term. Take too early so liang stuff, absorbed by bb not v good. I wan bb to be strong.

Ya loh, too liang is bad for bb's lungs. Wait next time very easily will get cough and phlegm.

Teoong, better to ctrl lah. If not either bb or us put ojn too much weight also not good. But cos I don hav gynea's ctrl so I don hav gd reason to ctrl myself. So end up eat a lot. I see my sis-inlaw went back in shape jus 3wks after delivery, I very sad leh. Why I can't do it? Hope after this bb I can slim back to my pre- #1 pregnancy weight.

Hazel, really ah?! I took the small coconuts wor during my 1st birth and bb comes out very clean wor. heehee :p
I think i will see how my gynae says this coming Sat review, cos scare bb might comes out earlier.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each (*$30 if taking all 3 tins)
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder &amp; Wrist Rattle Set @ $10
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Jas, can la.. you switch to eat brown rice instead of white rice during confinement. I got quite a few friends did that can they lose most of the wt, also if you are BFg, or expressing have to wake up at nite to do it. Cannot be lazy, else hard to lose those additional wt.. Jia you! you sure can do it!
happy.gif

What you eat during confinement is also very impt as the nuritions goes to your BM, so hve to eat carefully so that bb gets the best.
happy.gif

Teong, mrs Wong said that's a myth. Coconut is said to cool our hearty body. I helped to deliver my niece in car, sil nv take coconut at all. Niece is clean leh.

cranky: if you want a Dragon baby, should wait till Feb if you can. the Dragon year starts 4th Feb onwards according to the lunar calendar. just fyi lah

pre-owned medela mini electric single pump. $90.00nett.

hi mummy... i have a pretty new set for sale. used only 2 weeks... m a oct 2011 mummy. item purchsed from robinson.

steph 98458445

I started taking coconut at abt week 30 too. Cos felt a sore throat coming so hubby bought some from Ntuc. Really quite effective, I drank one and the mild sore throat went away. Had some mouth ulcers that went away without developing fully too. So I continue to drink the coconut abt 1-2 times a week. Very shiok especially these few days weather getting v hot! I only drank the juice cos mum said the flesh is heaty.

Hazel - I heard that the green coconuts r better cos less sweet. The small Thai ones are also cooling. Just that they r higher in sugar. Generally all coconuts r cooling.

Anyone remember the time we were crazy about ice lychee in our first trimester? Haha.. Seems like so long ago!

planet, maybe what the old folks told me are not correct. hehehe.. anyway, regardless of wat type, if i take will be after 37 weeks
happy.gif

Jas- durian will make bb grow in size leh! Better cut down if u want VBAC.
happy.gif

Planet- yes I remembered ice lychee, just took lychee ice blended yesterday cause sore throat was so bad, needed to cool down. Time really pass! Now we r all getting near to finishing line!

Planet / Jen, I also kena sore throat over the wkend. Think some virus spreading ard these days. Gotta take more fruits wth Vit C and keep ourselves at tip-top conditions ya. Yay, can't wait, counting down to the D-day!

Teong - ya I can't wait too! Feels like I've been pregnant forever! Haha! I want my bb in my arms and not crushing on my stomach or bladder. Hahaha.

Recommend to take cooling stuffs close to 36 wks. Old folk myth say it help to cool down the body heat. I take grass jelly when i reach 3rd tri then also herbal tea once a wk. Will start coconut juice when i'm 36 wk.

It is said that if mummy if very heaty, the "heat" will transfer to BB. My 2nd bb got small red spots on his body within the 1st wk. The old folks say BB heaty due to me, as i "transfer" to him while last few wks and also BF him with the heaty confinement food. The comments goes in from one ear and out from another! Haha...

My confinement lady sugg use beer to shower him then my MIL say use parsley water to shower him. Did both styles just to let the old folks happy. I check with PD, he say it's normal and will recover fast. True enough, the red spots goes off fast.

Teong, I think I put on too much weight for #1. 30kg leh, int he end I only managed to lost 20kg. Now I put on 14kg. I put on less but will end up same weight as #1. Hope tis time I can lost 30kg.

Jen, hubby wan big bb so keep temp me with mao shan wang durian. I had 2 seeds yesterday cos can't resist his temptation. Will stop him from buying durian from now.

I'm not counting down to d day leh. Maybe cos I knw it will be tougher looking after a bb when he born and will miss my #1 cos hav to send him to MIL hse.

I'm enjoying my 3 ppl time now. Really spending more time with my #1. So sad that I hav to send him away. Hope he can take it too. I will bring him back on weekends and to stay wif me when di di is 18mths old.

Hazel, I dun need to take out cash. Just credit card. Haha. I didn't include dr fees. So that's another 2-3k

Zeal, is under my company benefits. Insurance from aia

Visited dr this morning. Bad to go after long break. Queues everywhere!!

I already started on coconut last week. CL recommend to take the big green ones

Chewie, credit card also need to pay with cash later isn't it? So I pay 5k downpaymrnt using credit card, it will be cash.. Of course u hv insurance. Then different.

Jas, are you still BFg your #1? cos if still BFg #1 you wont lose wt veri fast also.. bound to keep some wt, cos BFg will feel hungry easily too and we will keep drinking fluid to replenish the lose fluid mah. Gambatek, am sure you can lose all by the time u stop BFg.

Now I'm feeling my hips pain at times at time when i slp, I think it's bb position that affects me slping. Haiz..

Purelyz, my last CL also uses beer to shower my #1 back then, but bcos she got jaundice, that why some CL will do that bah.. i think so la.
happy.gif

Happy new year to everyone...
happy.gif

Went for 32 week checks last sat, bb is 2 kg. I've gained 7.5kg so far. Got to start eating iron pills cos iron level is low. And becos I couldn't swallow pills, I've to open up the capsules and take the iron powder, it tastes really bad, like eating metal....

Dr said she will take me off the anti-contraction pills at week 36 and let nature take its course. That will be end Jan. I'm getting nervous as delivery draws nearer...

Re coconut, think I will take after week 36. Dun want bb to be too cooled...

Soul daddy, jia you for you, mummy and baby...

Back