(2012/02) Feb 2012

catherine, your EDD is almost same as me. mine is either 28 +/- 29. mom is doing confinement too.

Regarding loud noise, i worked near Suntec, and the noise is really too loud when hearing it live there.

my EDD on 29 Feb too.
happy.gif

May I know the link to our FB?

catherine: u can try mothers en vogue at centrepoint. they have a website so u can check to see whether u like the style. Love their bottoms, casual and stylish, their clothes not aunty...

Planet: thanks for the info on bb and loud noises!

Yippie I m not alone on 29 feb. Baby will have frens who may b born on that date!! Yup yup I can't wait to go home to surf now still need to rush one planning report argh ....

serene123, i have the same question as you thou my EDD is 12 Feb. I'm gg for csec near CNY as well and am wondering about the rates of CL. Wonder if any mummies here are aware...or maybe we can check out those delivering in later this year but the rates won't be accurate. Not sure if this will make you feel better but i'm still on medication for MS. Am waiting to feel completely normal...still waiting....

gg_lee, do update me on your amnio...good to know your mum can help you with your boy for a few days. You'll definitely need the rest. My husband was really paranoid esp the first 2 days. Your husband won't be allowed to be present when they do the amnio...my husband requested to be present but TMC nurse say cannot, to minimise the risk of infection & also because, they had cases of husbands fainting in the room ^^

hazel, it must be hard on you...to have to keep tracking baby's movements. It's a pity we don't have xray eyes, then we can really see what they are up to in our tummies :p Telling you to relax and let nature takes its own course is useless, i know the fear. I would say go ahead with your fortnightly scans (right?) if that's the only way you feel assured. And thou this is my #2, i don't catch her movements very often as well. Have faith!

Morning, I think we might have the 1st dragon Bb in Singapore from here leh. Mus wait to see the news on CNY to see if I can see anyone of you on TV.

Butterwaffles, cny CL rate is $3k to $3.5k. I m going to an agency which only charge cny rate for first five days of cny. After which, is normal rate at $2080. Excl MOM levy.

For bb's movements, I m quite sensitive, at times when I m moving I can feel it. Sometimes so light n fast until I m unsure. At night my lower abdominal area feels very sensitive to touch n when I stand up.. Sometimes I can feel whirl pool kind of feel when I place my hand there. But is assuring to see my weight going up every few days though I didn't increase intake of food.. Thus increase must be due to water retention or increase in amniotic fluid since bb's weight now is still quite light.. I read tt the amniotic fluid increases by 2 tablespoon per week to cater to growing bb

Butterwaffles, ok I still thot hubby can be there. How long does the entire thing takes from start to end? Can leave in an hr?

jascmy, i think babies born after 3 Feb then are considered dragon babies, not see when CNY is that kind. Due to the 历春 theory...but i'm not sure if this 历春 theory still stands, haha...

hazel, till now my gynae has not mentioned my baby's weight :p I didn't ask either. Baby will be fine, you are halfway already
happy.gif
Thanks for the rate...that's exp ^^

gg_lee, the actual procedure was less than 5 mins for me. But i was at TMC for 3 hours as i needed to see my gynae first, for him to scan and check baby's position first. Then wait in another room for him to come. Then had to wait another 30mins after the procedure before i can leave. I was asked to sit for 30mins after the procedure before they allowed me to go home...

butterwaffles> I think 1st day of CNY on 23rd Jan 12 consider Dragon year liao lo....why wait untill 3 Feb??

jascmy> 1st day of CNY for 1st dragon bb got special ANG PAO? I heard ppl say govt will give angpao, but not sure must be natural birth.

Some ppl believes in li chun... But shud be 4feb right? Just like my bro, he was borned in 1964 during cny eve dinner so everyone think he rabbit.. But now he claim he dragon coz he borned on 12feb... Think everyone wanna be dragon.. Haha.. Anyway I dun care, I'll follow cny since more common... Or else why everytime cny they say 送...迎... right.

Al, yup, hav special gift from hospital and govt. Last time heard have gold coin. Don think I will be the one cos that will mean pre-mature bb.

My frequent toilet trips start yesterday. Hav been going toilet every hr. Sian! Can't sit for long at my work desk.

Al, think those born on 1jan and 1st day cny got special Ang pow and gifts.... But this is like kana toto lor..

Yalor...i think so, must be very lucky cos so many bb on Jan & Feb. I count my due date if early 2 week then will be eve of CNY. My #1 pop out early 2week. so i think if this boy also early 2 week have a bit chance la maybe 0.5%
happy.gif

Pinkz and Butter are right.. dragon year (and any other lunar year) only officially starts after "li chun". That's what our fengshui master told us. And when my cousin when to calculate bazi also kenna the same thing.. she was so confused.. all these years she thot she's a goat but she's actually not. So if any mummy wanna play safe then must tahan till after 4th feb 2012! To be more precise, it's after 1840hrs on 4th feb. :p For me i dont mind a rabbit so before or after are both oki. haha. =)

Hi ladies,

This morning i encounter seeing blur and double image. anybody enouter this? was so scare not sure need to see doctor or not?

Hi Planet,

thanks for the great info.
Been almost half a day, problem still there... hope later late noon problem will go away...

Baby making, butterwaffles, other sisters, I saw a vertical line running from the center of my breast bones all the way down to public hair! I read it may grow darker?

Hi ladies n mommies, I'm here to join the club! I'm gonna be a Feb 2012 mummy too.. Thing is, i estimated my due date to be on the 27th Feb (which is actually my 2nd wedding annivarsary) but wen I went for a checkup i was about 2-3 weeks ahead of my own calculation n I'm lost on when exactly wud be my due date. Am gonna have to wait for my next checkup to find out...

Actually this was such an unexpected n unplanned pregnancy.. I have a son who's turning 10mths tomoro n I tested positive when I was around 8 weeks or so n after much discussion n contemplation my hubby n I had decided to actually terminate this pregnancy as we felt it wud be too much to handle 2 little ones at a time n with e rise of expenses n all.. We actually went to kkh, did our counseling n consultations etc to get on with the procedure when we were told that i was in my 14th week! We were in alot of stress moving home etc that I had to put off my procedure for so long but that was a shock to realize that I was that far along n I infact had to do a 'birth termination' n not e sedated n suction method. Both hubby n me cudnt imagine that was how big n alive our new arrival was n hubby started to fully support me on keeping the baby n continuing the pregnancy..

N here I am, with a little 10mths old n in my-i guess 16th l week.. Thus am expecting a dragon baby, hubby wants it to be a girl as we have 2 boys. 1 aged 9yrs from my first marriage n the little one at 10mths.. It's tough always being on my feet taking care of my active little boy, housework etc. Rest is scarce n of cos with a baby in hand, u can never rest whenever u feel like it. But love my son to bits that it's never tiring being around him n caring for him.. Great being genuinely needed n loved by e tiny little soul...

Lya

Hazel, its normal! Don worry. Will grow darker and won't go off even after delivery. Its for life. But I do heard from some ppl that it will go off after delivery. Depend on our luck. Some will even have belly button pop out and nvr goes bk after delivery. Mine belly button pop out for my #1 and lucky it went back to normal after delivery.

Welcome lya.

Jascmy, huh may not go away after delivery? Eee.. So ugly! I didn't hv the line last pregnancy.. Ur first one boy or girl.. Now this one has line?

Hazel, my #1 is boy. Ya, heard ppl say will have line if bb boy. But seems like not true at all cos can see my sis, SIL and friends all have the line but is bb gal.
Maybe this myth is true for u? This will be Bb boy? Or opp sex from your #1.
So far it still that original line that I aldy hav since #1. It fade a bit after delivery. And nvr gets darker now. Maybe later will get darker.

Welcome Lya, congrat got #3
happy.gif

jascmy, hazel> my #1 also have line and when 3rd Tri getting darkness. During my confinment, my CL buy green lemon for me to washed the line and some others place which very dark brown so ugly. i washed for fews day...then slowly the colour get ligther...it works.

AL, will try the green lemon. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still trying my best to call my CL. Don know y the CL that my friends recommend me all can't get thru their sg hp. Have to go JB tmr to call their M'sia line. Since I'm going JB tmr to buy mooncakes, milk powder and diapers.

Hi all mummies, I'm also a Feb mummy! Now 18 wks and EDD is 08 Feb.

Same as Lya, it's my 3rd bb (bonus = unplanned). My 1st boy is 3.5yrs old and 2nd boy just turn 1 yr old. I have a 2 long wks discussion with hubby when i found myself preg. Whether to keep or not. After deliver 2 beautiful boys, i can't see myself going through an op to take away a life. Keeping it with be tough for the family but my bb deserve a chance!

My detailed scan coming, will be able to cfm it's a girl or boy (cross finger!)

Take care all mummies to be... still a long way to go till Feb before arrival of our Dragon bb!

purelyz, hahaa... u post 1st asking me the same q I wan to ask u. Yes yes, I am! Nice seeing u here.
happy.gif
Seen some accident case. Really scary leh. Mus really take preventive action after my this #2

Jascmy, wat bb stuffs are cheap in JB? For first time mum, good to shop thr? Hubby dun like go JB, but if lotsa good buy, I will go wif my bro/fren....

pinkz, only milk powder and diaper are cheaper in JB. I bought my Anmum there. Will be buying my boy's FM from there too but need to check out on the contain and the country its made from before buying. As for diaper, we always buy Pet Pet, cheap and good. Can last overnite and no rashes. Ppl say no worth buy Pet pet from JB cos only save a little but my hubby still buy loh. Other brands like Huggies and Drypers is a lot cheaper. Tot of buy M'sia brand diaper tmr to try. Actually we try b4 but jus to be sure. Cos it will be super cheaper loh. Can't find in sg.

Jascmy, I dare not go JB now.. A few yrs ago I was robbed n dragged by a Motor bike! So pregnant I wun go...

Hazel, hmm.... so serious ah. U injure that time? Where did it happened? We have been going for many yrs. Also bring my #1 along leh.

Hi Al, to be the special cny bb, only bb born via natural birth counted.
Goin coin, I tot mt a always give.. My #1 born in may had a tiger coin given....

Thanks jascmy, I'll just buy here then...

Hazel, tats scary... Some advise to tote yr bag instead of cross sling, if they wanna snatch just let them take the bag... My JB fren say she never carry bag in JB one... Another fren kana drag too but it's in Bangkok...

pinkz, FM is abt $10 to $20 different leh. And the petrol is half price. So can't resist to go buy. Usually I wear only t-shirt and shorts and hubby bought proton car and drive there. Hubby say proton car is everywhere in JB so nobody will be interest. And we only go to the place that we always go and shopping ctr. We won't go explore new places in JB. I very scare too.

serene> i heard got big angpao n some gift wo...

JB shopping> must be careful when u walk in the street lo...don't wear too nice ppl tot u very rich will aim u. if you buy anmum milk worth la...cheaper. but if your buy baby milk the mineral & HDA contains lesser than S'pore. I did compare Gain IQ n some others milk power brand, the contains dif that's why cheaper. But i don't like go JB shopping...

AL, Ok I will go check it out. Wanted to buy Gain IQ too. If nutrients lesser then better buy here in sg. And only buy Anmum in JB. I only like to go JB makan. I don like shopping too. Cos around the same price as sg.

Jascmy, good tat yr hubby drive proton, they won't touch u guys, coz u support their local car ma.. Hehe. I first time mum, dun need buy fm, I dun drink anmum, drinking fresh milk so nothing buy thr le... But I agree makan is good thr...

Hi ladies thanks lots for ur welcome notes.. Feels nice to be part of e club..lol.. N purelyz,waa that's very coincidental n we seem to be in e same boat.. Hope u can cope well with ur 2 little ones.. Must be a handful already. My son's bday is coming up in 2 months time n I already started preparing n working on details.. Lots of coordinating n fine tuning to do n hubby is way too busy n always leaves that part of it to me n I'm working on it as well.. You looking forward to a boy or girl baby? We r hoping for a gal since hubby always wanted one...

Lya

Jascmy, pinkz, I was at taman sentosa. Hubby parked the car n just got out to hv lunch at the restaurant 100m away. Hubby was a few metres in front of me. I had a badly swollen ankle n bruises all around my waist. I was carrying a bag on my shoulder. The normal instinct was I pull bk n resisted when the snatch thief pull my bag. So I fell n was dragged for a short distance until the sling broke. It happened so fast until hub didn't see the rider at all. I still go jB but pregnant I will avoid.

pinkz, hahaa.. u r rite. Hubby clever to go buy proton hor. One gd thing abt proton is if anything wrong can go JB to find the parts. Cheaper too.
Hazel, so avoid going taman sentosa. I always go Jusco and tesco cos both jus side by side. Now we have new place to go, TSL shopping ctr.
happy.gif

Bbmaking, saw dr loh just now. Bb is in vertical position where head is at public hair n legs are at belly button! That explains y I keep getting movements near belly button n so high up. He said he still can't see the gender.. But he guessed cld be a girl. Well, i will know in 2.5 wks time!

Hi ladies, my hubby is v much against gg to jb to buy even though he is from msia. He say juz buy here. I found a new shopping mall call bukit indah. There got tesco and jusco but within driving distance. What I like about bukit indah is no jam cos we use 2nd link, less crowd.... Got a&w there. Dun ask me for directions cos I often lost our way there ... Always go 1 big round haha

i am Malaysian and always go back home during weekend. I usually buy my daily use product there and planning to buy baby stuff there also. find it much cheaper than Singapore especially the exchange rate is good now.

Like some mummies mention, dont dress too nice when going JB. The bad guy tends to target those with branded bag also...even if it just a fake one. So i try not to bring a bag or just carry one old old, aunty looking kind of bag. haha.

Also, place around arcade, staircase etc is also considered danger, dont be there alone. Always stay with the crowd will be fine.

Hi mummies, weekend is here!! So bz today, din get to read forum. Left work at 745... Record for me... Haha

Din know abt li chun... Well depends if bb come out on time or early for me!

Welcome to lya and purelyz!

Baby making, my bb is 1cm smaller than yours considered that this wk is 1 wk later than ur scan last wed.. Dr loh said good when I asked him abt the growth.. But I still can't help but worry....

Hi mummies, quite sometimes didn't follow the thread.. Busy with my boy & work.

Wednesday went for scan... Thought I can know bb gender. But my nottin hubby told gynae we does not want to knw the gender. He said like tat more excited wo.. End up gynae didn't say loh... So angry
sad.gif
thought I can start to shop for Bb stuff.

Back