(2012/02) Feb 2012

wahlaue...happy for u linda...
i almost cant tahan liao, my MS is like at the peak liao... i almost like give up! tou xiang...when can end at wk 12...counting down day by day........

Hi all, would like to join all of you here! I'm due on 03 Feb and this will be my 2nd child. My gal is currently 18mths old. Am progressing to my 11th week of pregnancy now.

Currently not having much ms but sometimes not having much appetite for lunch & dinner as well. But is still eating all the meals so far.

Hello people!

Had my gynae visit yesterday and I saw my bb BOX AND KICK!! So amazing.. I almost cried..
I am 10wks6days today, bb at 3.5cm.. Going for Oscar test at 12wks.

chloe, cross finger not us! i have friend worst, vomitting til deliver, the nurse oso shock...haha!

joyojoy, so happy to hear tat! so fast can c bb box n kicking? yst nice i dream bb kicking too! lol...but tink mine too small to c anyting!

gd afternoon ladies,
no appetite for my lunch at all...jus ate a few mouth of rice n soup! jialat but i had longan...its sweet...lol....dare not eat a lot, just whack like 5 seed....

Happymom.. I have no appetite too.. Only had 3 mouthful of chicken rice.
In fact I lost 1.4kg in 3weeks..
But gynae say it's okay.. As long as bb is growing..

joyojoy, wow u lost weight....i oso dunno y i gain weight lor...gain 700gm in 2 wks!
anyone the tummy show preggy liao? mine seem like stil pian pian ler.......

Happy mum,
Not to worry. I think we normal also have 1-2kg weight fluctuation.
THis is your #1? How fast tummy shows depends on your muscle tone & also if this is your first child. For my #1, I only started to show after 5 months. Gynae kept telling me to ignore comments about my "not-showing" tummy. As long as baby growing well inside, tummy big or small doesn't matter. Only matters when you are trying to get a seat on public transport =p

hi birdbrain,
yes my 1#, however i have stillbirth when i was pregnant at 6 months....tat time tummy oso not showing...ppl tend to say if u preggy b4, your next pregnancy the tummy wil show very fast!

Hi all,
I would also like to join all of you here! This is my 3rd child and the EDD is 14 Feb.

My gynae also encouraged me to go for the OSCAR test but I am quite reluctant to go for the test after reading the negative feedback for OSCAR.. Anyway, I am still in a dilemma..

Huggies_baby,
My 2nd preg, i also had ms till 5th mth.. I lost 3kgs in the first trimester. Only started putting on wt when my ms stopped and appetite grew bigger.. Hahaha.. Fortunately i only put on 10kg then..
This time, i hope nt to put on more than 8kg.. :p

Hi mummies....

Good day to you!!
happy.gif

Linda,
I have a few friends who didnt do Oscar too. By the way, are you still updating the table ???..i saw a few new mummies reporting and some mummies EDD changed.

joyojoy,
Congrats! 10 weeks can see bb kick and box?? so cute and lovely!! so sweet
happy.gif

joyjoy: wow... Can imagine the happiness... I also hope to be able to see my baby doing that at my next visit... it shld be 11th week plus by then...

On-off spotting again... shoo... hope I recover soon....

I agree with Birdbrain that tummy tends to show faster after the 1st child. As this is my 2nd pregnancy, my tummy starts to show much earlier as compared to the 1st one when it becomes obvious in mid of 2nd trimester. My jeans can't fit already & I've already started using anti stretch mark oils. Hopefully can still escape with no stretchmarks this time round!

To KWXY, I didn't do Oscar test when I was pregnant with #1 though I was 29 then. I'm 31 now and will not be taking the test as well.

I agree with Birdbrain that tummy tends to show faster after the 1st child. As this is my 2nd pregnancy, my tummy starts to show much earlier as compared to the 1st one when it became obvious in mid of 2nd trimester. My jeans can't fit already & I've already started using anti stretch mark oils. Hopefully can still escape with no stretchmarks this time round!

To KWXY, I didn't do Oscar test when I was pregnant with #1 though I was 29 then. I'm 31 now and will not be taking the test as well.

Linda: is oscar the same as 抽氧水?Kinda of confused as my gynae told me oscar doesn't involve needles... jus the normal detailed ultrasound scanning to measure the length of neck and blood test... By the way, can I order the heart doppler from you? I am keen to listen/monitor my baby's heartbeat too... How do I collect/pass the stuff & pass the monies to you?

Hi KWXY, am looking for a gynae n considering seeing Dr Benjamin Tham. May I know the package start fm which week n is he do delivery at Mt.Alvernia beside TMC? Am at 11 wks now. TIA.

oscar is a combination of blood test and nuchal scan (detailed scan to measure thickness of bb's neck)

if results are bad (high chance of DS), then gynae will advise amniocentesis or CVS.

weather want to go for oscar depends on what u will do if the results are bad - if you intend to keep bb no matter what, then no point going for oscar.

for me, i am 36 this yr and definitely will go for oscar - i know i can't cope with a DS baby.

bubbliciouslee,

Me cross finger leh... hopefully after 3m no more vomit.. My no#1 i don hv MS at all lol...

feelingblessedprincess,
Oscar is not 抽氧水, amnio test is 抽氧水. If Oscar test result is no good, then some pple will go for amnio test.

I am also in a dilemma... dunno whether i should go for Oscar... given my age, there is a certain risk and i also can't cope with a DS baby...

for me im definitely gng for this OSCAR test..
i cant cope with DS bb..
so i rather check and know it sooner..
*choi* in anycase we have to make a v critical decision, at least we r only in week 12..
better to know than not..

but i think some ppl due to religion issue they wont go..

hello all new mummies. congrats!

princess: thanks for the advice. i took some chrysanthemum with honey, and plenty of vitamin c water. feeling ok today! =)

linda: i'm keen to get the doppler too. what brand are you carrying?

icecherry: personally, i think there's not much harm in taking the oscar for a piece of mind. true, it may be a waste of money if everything is ok, but if something is not ok (touch wood).. then at least u have time to think and prepare for what to do next. if dont take the test and wait for the baby to be born, by that time u have no choice but to take full responsibility of the baby for the rest of his/her life, and also u have less time to read up or learn how to handle the baby. that's my personal point of view..

Planet: Am glad to hear that... yes, Honey is good cure for sore throat...
happy.gif

I agree with ging3r and planet on the oscar test but ging3r, I fear too... no doubt we are only in our week 12, but I feel the baby is already part of me.. Tough choice indeed...

Planet,

Heard from 1 of the lady at NUH selling honey. she mentioned that preg women and baby below 1 yr old better dont take honey. As baby still very young & yet to build their immune system.
So its no good for them..

Coa I told her that some pple say drink honey lemon does helps on vomitting.. but she suggest i don drink... cant be got commission she don wan to earn rite?

Huggies baby, yes it's true that honey is not suitable for pregant women and babies below 1 year old. I've marketed honeys before and the clause is often included on the labels.

Oops. Thanks for the tip about honey everyone. Alamak I have a nearly new bottle at home. Guess I'll give to my mum.

IceCherry, discuss with your hubs or family ba. It's not a pleasant topic but must sit down and really think about all the scenarios. i.e. If take the test and realise something not ok, what will u do. If never take then something happen, what will u do. Once u go thru the scenarios then it will be come clearer whether to take or dont take. For some pple they die die will stick with the baby so it's obvious no nid to take. And vice versa of course.

Point is, just have one proper discussion and make a choice.. and then move on and dont worry about it already! =)

Hi Mummies,
I have a pack of bellybelt for sale for only $15 inclusive of normal postage. Brand new, but I have opened the box to take a look previously. Box condition is not too good, but the belts are in prefect condition.

Take a look at it. http://www.bellybelt.com.au/BellyBelt_Home.html

Its great for 1st and early 2nd trimester. Just clip it with your current pants/ skirts.

PM me if keen.

Hi people whom are keen in the heart doppler, pls drop me a email at [email protected] RE:Heart Doppler..

Brand is AngelSounds Heart Doppler, In UK and US Midwife use this brand as its trustworthy and can detect earlier than other brands.

Some HB can be detect as early as 9weeks mine but mine is 10 weeks
Listen to your unborn baby's heartbeat from the comfort of your own home
Can be used from 12 weeks into the pregnancy
Record the unborn baby's heartbeat using recording cable
Record the Mothers heartbeat and play it back to help comfort the new born baby
Conforms to EC Directive 93/42/EEC(MDD) concerning medical devices

Mummies by EDD

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Stay Area</TD><TD>Babies Blog(if any) </TD></TR><TR><TD>linda0o</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>2 Feb</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Redhill</TD><TD>www.3kids1mum.blogspot.com </TD></TR><TR><TD>feelingblessedprincess</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>2Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyjoy</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>6Feb</TD><TD>#?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>JoJo</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>7 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Bedok Reservoir</TD><TD> NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rocco</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>7Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene123</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>8 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Kallang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene Loh</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>8 Feb</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Bukit panjang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>IceCherry</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>10 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Claramimi</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>14 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>starz</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>14Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jocelyn Tan</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>15 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Selene Pinz</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>15 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>KWZY</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>16 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>moongirl80sg</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>17 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Windy</TD><TD>17 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Queenstown</TD><TD>NiL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy Mom To Be (Jenny) </TD><TD>18Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Tiong Bahru</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Planet</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>17 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD> Novena</TD><TD> NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkz</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>18 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Coast</TD><TD>NiL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jinglebell10</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>18 Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dover</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>19Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiara</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>19 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Tiong Bahru</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>Geyser</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>23 Feb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD> Seng Kang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tan zhao Ren</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Teck Whye</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chergie</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>28Feb</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>K3</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Yishun NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

will be passing to planet for update as i been busy lately, pm her the missing info/to be added, sorry for missing out people

gd morning mummies....
this morning craving for macd n bought the $4 set n changed to ice latte...
end up jus had hashbrown n feel the ice latte is bittering...haven start to hav the burger, like no appetitie...
another day past....its going to b TGIF tmr....

linda
thks for updating - maybe can add one more column - FTWM, PTWM, or SAHM?

to fill in missing info, age 36, sembawang, sahm

btw the doppler that you are bringing in, does it have a screen that indicates the heartbeat? and does the wand require gel for accurate reading?

Pinkz> KY will do the trick!

Babymaking- hearing heart beat will be through the external speaker of ur own(I use that) or the provided headset.. And there will be no screen,screen ones at about few thousands or more if u are talkingabout ultrasound machine. Now planet will be updating as I don't have time to be onthe laptop can only use iPhone..

Princess> yes n I will give tips on how to find hb easier as early pregnancy harder to find hb as bb small and overseas midwives use this and this is the earliest hb detecter compared to others

Pinkz> best is let me know by few days as I haven plan when to open bp.. For over anxious mum good to get no need wait two hrs for gynae and part with 100+ and can even record on com for memory and to share

Back