(2012/01) Jan 2012

jac
we should definitely be able to have a say in what our dr does to us. if you have an opinion about whether you want an episiotomy or not, you should mention it to your dr. if he does not listen to your view or spend the effort to explain his point of view to you, then frankly i don't think that is considered a good doctor.

jac
i guess it depends on which hospital u are delivering from also....for KKH, i believe epis is unavoidable for normal delivery. Yes, i also read various views of epis. But i guess if u manage to tear v naturally in a v straight line, if nt if its a jagged line, it will hav diff. stitching and healing nicely lalso.

poseidon
ya...if mom looking after hav to have 2 sleeping pens..if not even if mom helps to look after, u also will need a place for bb to sleep in ur own house also.
Also got to buy double sets of steamer and all....
Cos my mom will be helping me to look after bb too after ML.

hi mummies, thanks for the concern!!

i am back hm and now taking hospitalisation leave till 28th dec.. having contraction pain but taking the med to stop the pain n labour.. so doc gave me leave to stay at hm..

btw i bot the bb clothes frm bugis tat small shop le...

anyone want to take over the blue set from me? I am having gal and i jus realise i have so many hand me down clothes.. so would like to sell off those blue bb clothes..

i have 2 long sleeves top n 2 long pants.. the long pants are covered (cover feet kind).. and 2 short sleeves top.. $2 each.. ;p

can collect from me at sengkang or bishan or sin ming.. ;p

Liv, glad ur condition stablized. Between, what preterm medication r u on now? I'm given nifedipine (adalat).

liv, wan do a swop instead? i have 2 long sleeves top n 2 long pants (not cover feet) in plain pink design, and 2 short sleeves top in pink rabbit design.. can meet at sengkang..

Liv, good to know that u are ok now..

i wonder do doc give mc for very bad water rentation....feet soo swollen until it looks scary and i have difficulty walking.. get especially bad after staying in air con room for the whole dae..office is air con..not choice..

Hi Liv,

hope u r fine now, rest well ya.

btw u meant ur doc made a mistake in determining bb sex in e first place?

Hi jac, prefer to sell off coz too many clothes le haha

Serene, i have email u...

Ritzc, i was given ventolin..

Snowwhite, contractions mean labour pain, meaning going to give birth le pa?

bianz: yup, i will be going to someone that did my #1... dunno good or not. u want the contact can PM me.

Liv: take care!

re episiotomy: agree that for #1 is really hard not to have epi. doctors prefer it cos its controlled and tear is easier to repair. if no epi the tears can be quite hard to repair and may even reach anus if not guarded properly. before mummies decide if they are pro natural all the way, need to consider all the options also.

poseidon,
i totally understand your suffering, now other than work, i intend to loan wheelchair to move arnd eg. when shopping for bb stuff...

jingles..working ..so cannot raise legs up.. at home can lah..it helps..every morning no swollen but by mid day..everything is back to square one again..by 6pm when i off work..i got elephant feet liao..

Bianz..i dont feel like going to work liao..coz i only want to lay on bed and raise my legs.. =p

during the wknds my legs still presentable..not as bad as wkday..i think becoz rest more.. then at work need to walk abt..need to sit at desk..so it become worse..

Agreed with maddie on epi.. tat was what i was told during the prenatal class as well.. i will leave the decision to my gynea..not very particular abt it..as long as it heals back nicely..

liv, no prob.. i'll keep for #2 then.. hopefully will be a gal :p.. take care yah!
happy.gif

poseidon, put some stools under your desk so that u can raise your legs up while working?

bianz, i also intend to go "suan" the bb name.. got contact from my hb's boss.. but dunno good or not.. my MIL keep insisting that we shld use the name she choose & not go "suan"!! she scared the family name (according to "jia bu") no good then we dun wan follow.. but if really no good then still wanna follow meh?? doesn't make sense.. sigh..

agree with maddie & poseidon on epi.. was told the same thing during prenatal class as well.. will leave it to the gynae to decide whether it's necessary ba.. as long as pain is minimal & heal fast..

poseidon: yup, have a small 'shelf' under my desk can raise my legs when at desk. not so high as home la, but better than nothing.

Hi Jac,
can provide me your hb boss's recommendation contact as well?

as for me, my mil say better 2 go 'suan' to play safe =)

re: episiotomy
those who have given birth b4...can you recall after every pee, do we jus clean with water soaked in cotton wool or anticeptic soaked with cottonwool ?

some of u may also want to ask your gynae whether he does slant or straight cut? of straight cut, the wound will be near the anus, may cause infection sometimes...

Hi mummies, re epi, I'm considering buying this epi-no device. But haven't heard much reviews from sgp mummies even though reviews on the website are positive. Read up online that KKH did a study on mummies who used it before and it did minimize mummies having to go through episiotomies. I think I'll have to ask my gynae if it's really effective then if no one has heard of it before.

hi all! sorry to interupt. i have the following items to let go, they are all BNIB, sealed and with tag, and not opened before.

1) Mothercare Wide Neck Bottle @ $15 (RP $27.00, selling at 45% discount)
(http://www.mothercare.com.sg/productdetail.asp?pid=233064)

6414838.jpg

- As your perfect baby feeding partner we're here to help you every step of the way. Our bottle range has been developed to help create a feeding experience that is comforting for baby and easy for you.

- Wide neck bottle 120ml 3pk BPA free

- Anti-rolling lid, will not roll on the floor, so keeps bottle sterile.

- Wide neck easy to fill and easy to clean.

- Soft silicone teat ideal for newborns.

- Easy grip for ultimate comfort.

- Non-slip base so stays upright.

- Extra feature of the anti-colic ring (sold separately)

- BPA Free

2) Mothercare Blue Car Stripes Snoozie Sleeping Bag 0-6months @ $18 (RP $35.00, selling at 40% discount)
http://www.mothercare.com/Stripes-Snoozie-Sleeping-Bag-Tog/dp/B003UU69IE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_16&nodeId=44409031&sr=1-16&qid=1323197379

6414839.jpg

• The cosy dozing bag for little sleepy heads!
• Keeps baby warm when feeding or comforting at night
• Baby is less likely to wake up from kicking off the covers
• Choose from different seasonal tog ratings to adapt to changing temperatures
• Helps baby feel secure in unfamiliar surroundings such as in a different bed or on holiday
• Removes the risk of your baby getting tangled up in bedding
• Unzips from the bottom, ideal for changing your baby's nappy in the middle of the night
• Lined in soft 100% cotton jersey, with fully enclosed seams so there are no rough edges
• Unlike a blanket the Snoozie allows baby to move arms and legs freely

3) Farlin Pregnancy Wedge Pillow $15 (RP $30, selling at 50% discount)
(http://www.farlin.com.tw/products-maternity_08.html)

6414840.jpg

This is an ergonomically correct pillow which is perfect for side sleepers and provides essential comfort for the future mothers, reducing torsion stress on lower back allowing them to get rid of aches and pregnancy back pain and renewing morning vigour and energy.

Can meet up at raffles place or city hall mrt to transact. Will give further discount if buying 2 or all items above. Pls PM me if interested, thanks!

Grace
I've heard of epi-no too. My hypnobirthing instructor showed it to us. Think it does work, but you might also be able to achieve the same effect with kegels and perineal massage.

poseidon
poor thing...i understand wat u r gg through...tats wat happen to me 2 weeks ago.. till i started clearing some of my leave. Have been starting a 3 days work week last 2 weeks ago. Erm...try not to sit for over too long period also...cos when there is no circulation it will start to swell...so moderate between sitting and moving ard. Now I am having this buttock aches -.- haiz..

jkids
ya...i also v interested to know how to clean after the pee....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can imagine the crazy pain
sad.gif
any mommies who know pls enlighten/recap
happy.gif

Grace
I have asked KKH nurse before on epi-no before. She had stated same thing as what I had mentioned before - v seldom asian woman n #1 can avoid epis. Also if you do not know how to use the machine correctly can lead to these symptoms such as
1) may induce labour
2) may cause infection
3) after spending this sum of money, may still need to undergo epis lo

bianz & emmeline, juz checked with hb yest.. he hasn't got the contact from his boss yet.. he do things very slow one :p.. will PM u all once i've got the contact..

for me..not sure if I had episiotomy o not..but after delivery, gynea give me a bottle of solution..so i clean my wound with cotton after every pee..think for a no. of days lar..not dat painful..

hmmm i think for KK patients....they will jst recommend to clean with sterile water (they called cool boiled water sterile water). Similar to the umbilical cord of bb...they no longer dispense the spirit le

morn mommies!
happy.gif

Jac: can PM me the master's contact as well? Thanks
happy.gif

poseidon: dry shampoo i got from Watson's. The brand is Klorane but I think only available at bigger watson's stores. I got it at Taka. Sephora also has dry shampoo but it's quite expensive about $39 per bottle so I went for Klorane selling at $14.90 per bottle.

episiotomy: think it's unavoidable for Asian women to have it. My gyane is more for the cut rather than letting it tear naturally..

Jingles, so for bb umblical cord the hospital will provide us w a bottle of sterile water to bring home right? Or we get our own cord spirit from outside?

Morning mummies,

Jac: "jia pu" only follow the 2nd or the 3rd character, right? Still can suan..think tell the shifu, u want what particular character in which sequence then he will "suan" to get the best match.

jkids/ jingles: my gynae gave me a spray. TMC gave me a bottle of antiseptic lotion though but i didnt use. I use the spray that my gynae prescribed me. Think i wash with water, pat dry then spray. Use for 2-3 weeks..if i didnt remember wrongly. On the bottle, indicate discard after 2 wks, but my gynae said can continue for 1 more wk.

ritzc
for KK - they will jst tell mommies to use cool boiled water...tat means water from ur own house.....cos they had done research tat spirit and sterile water no difference. And no point applying spirit (chemicals)on bb sensitive skin at such a tender age...also can save $. Tats for KK patients...not sure abt pte.

moscato
hello moscato!!! long time no see le...
spray...i doubt mine will give me lei...mine the most laid back gynae...unless i open up and ask...u rem whats the name mar?

hmm..indicated on my receipt is Curacao Topical Spray. Not sure if can get it from outside. My gynae charged me $20 2 years ago. I guess should be cheaper outside if you can get it.

Moscato, thanks.

Experienced mummies, do u bring ur own electric pump to the hospital during delievery? Read the nov mum thread some time back, 1 mum even bring her own basin n pump. Also, to boost bf, do u take fenugreek or sacred tea?

hello mommies
i found other mommies using this after their epis....they said can jump and run after using this...duno how true :p
Lignocaine Gel with clorohexidine

i didnt pack my breast pump for #1 cos they said can borrow from nursery. In the end, my #1 refused to latch, the lactation consultant asked to bring my own pump..so i asked my hb to bring..but also didnt use in hospital..cos discharging the next day.

i will bring along this time, just in case.

vanessa..thanks i will go waston to take a look

yah i already add a small box at the bottom of my desk to raise up my legs liao..better than nothing..

jingles: wah jump and run after using? hehe..if it's after 1 or 2 days of application can jump or run then i sure go and buy! hehe :p get from pharmacy is it?

Robinsons sales today...so feel like going but no leave le...sobs...

vanessa
:p
i got to disclaim first hur...tats wat the mommies said...so i am not sure really if the truth or not.... :p
but i will b getting lo...they said apply it when cold (after refrigerated) even more effective.
Through what they say...can get from any pharmacy.

so sad
sad.gif

i jst made a call to check on Lignocaine Gel with clorohexidine from guardian...Lignocaine Gel with clorohexidine has been discontinued .........
unless u want to purchase the one with lignocaine gel alone

re: temp
will your temp be using your pc wen u go on leave? my boss wanted such an arrangement. though can configure to multiple user, i dun feel secure, esp when your pc crash, then the activation will not work...
sad.gif
so now i have to clear m confidential files....

jkids
i have already save away all my pte files and configure my surfing to pte surf.
Also had a daily habit of clearing all my temp files from system.
think this way u will have more secure...
pc crash or not...we cant control liao
happy.gif

Back