(2012/01) Jan 2012

tulip - poor thing lei......i think u are suffering from backflow...try piling up ur pillows to sleep. u will feel better
happy.gif

no lah... names too similar.

It's raining... haiz... office canteen food sucks!!! Shd i brave the rain and go out? Haiz...

X: dun brave..stick to canteen food for today..

now i am craving for the pig liver mee sua my MIL cook for me every morning when i do confinement..
happy.gif

jingles, i suspect so. sigh... i didn't eat much for dinner yet such feeling.

oh dear... thinking of soupy stuff in this gloomy weather.

X,
what is so special abt this boon tong ginger?
I love ginger! I think it really helps in repelling wind during confinement!

Re red date tea,
I didnt know red date tea n ginger tea are 2 seperate teas! During my confinement, the tea I was made to drink is red date + ginger slices tea. Didnt like it too much, coz always burn my throat.

tulip - hahhaa i jst finish a bowl of yong tao foo...makes me warm and comfy....no worries, i think this feeling will go off when you hit 2nd term...

tulip7v,
Tried coke? It works for me! Open a cold can n immediately take a sip. It work wonders for me whenever i feel bloated! My frds suggested 100plus but they didnt work for me at all. End up couldnt burp + extra gas from 100 plus.. so miserable.. but COKE!!! that works. So amazing for me. lol

Jingles: Thanks. i'm into my 2nd term already... now 16.5weeks. looking forward to MS & backflow free days.

Gingerleaf: now wonder your nick has a "ginger"!I had 100plus!! ahh... so it didn't work for me too. going to stock up coke later.

ahlala & tulip,
I already cooked yellow rice wine soup mee sua + ginger a few times for myself so far. Nice, sweet & spicy =) Comfort food to chase away morning sickness and bloat. Just make sure to boil longer to ensure all the alcohol evaporated

Jingles,
how to not cook? At least still need to cook for #1 =p. I don't stand that close to the stove. Only troublesome part is take very long to shred ginger to the thickness i like.
Anyone knows if got good ginger shredder ard?

birdbrain - hehehehe i guess the height of stove is slightly lower bah...i also duno...or maybe fire too big while i cook...u shred ginger to prepare ginger trotters ah? :p

hq - errmmm take the list as a reference la...not confirm correct de.....i also love eating french fries..but i told myself cannot overeat ahhhhh though i thnk bb loves to eat it la

pinko, zhuzhu, same. i cannot take too spicy food. sure dirrehea big time and few times too throughout the day. nv like that bbefore. damn jialat cuz i love spicy food. =(

hq: im craving for twister fries!! whahaha!!

re: those wo CL, plannign to use caonfinement catering only
how wld u cope with looking after ur #1? or if u have more than 1 then how?!! altho the food is settled but still hv to jaga the older ones..

Jingles,
No lah. I shred ginger for the yellow rice wine soup mee sua. Shiok to eat it together with mee sua and chicken. Tummy will feel nice and warm afterwards.
Black vinegar pig trotter just smash up the ginger a little bit and dump insidd to stew. Yum yum, love pouring the black vinegar over rice. Sweet and appetising

Jamie,
haha, i don't know. Take it one step at a time. I'm thinking of half a week at babysitter's, half a week back with me. So #1 don't feel left out and i still have some time to rest and get sone housework done.
Still, depends on how things turn out. If really cannot, then SOS my mum and aunts for help lor

<font color="0000ff">Hi Mummies,

Went for checkup with my gynae yest after the bleeding. Found out there's a blood clot near the top part of the placenta. This blood clot is around 1/3 of bb's size... =(

Doc said to rest and observe and see if the clot will disappear (best scenario). Worst scenario is that it will grow bigger and cause a detachment of the placenta which could lead to a miscarriage. He also said to avoid stress (almost impossible with my nasty boss) and strenuous exercise.... This situation is complicated coz I have diabetes (dunno if it is gestational or normal diabetes)... Sigh... This pregnancy is really not easy, as compared to my 1st 9 years ago....

But I really want to compliment my gynae Dr James Lee. He is super duper patient. Can sit there, listen and explain (even the most difficult and complicated medical terms and concepts) to me for a looooong time. He can even skip his lunch just to reassure me.

I msged his mobile about the bleeding and he called back almost immediately. He even told me to give him a call if necessary at anytime in the night if my condition worsens....

Nice, long-winded gynae, he is... But I appreciate his gentle manners and when he took my blood for the OSCARS, there wasnt even a teeny weeny bit of pain. I think he shld be good in stitching then, since he is already so gentle with blood taking. =P

Am sad with my pregnancy condition. But am hoping for the best, esp when this bb comes after years of trying. Will pray it will turn out fine and also thank god for the kind and patient gynae tt i found. (^_^)</font>

May,
HUGS! When did u find out u have diabetes? After being preggy?

So u did the OGTT? Failed? Must monitor ur sugar intake. Most importantly, rest well.

Hope the clot disappears!!!

I had GD with #1 in 2008. Gone after delivery. Now #2, so far ok. Hoping no GD this time round.

May, i also had blood clot initially and it also disappear. It will be the same for u too! Jia you!

(X) , same.. me hope no GD this time for me too.
Also gone after delivery.

I am so so so sleepy and still so many things to do on a friday.

Can't post much.

may, hugs! Think positive thoughts ok.

Meanwhile, am on leave today, in the mrt going home now. Bought 5 bras &amp; 4 preggy clothes. So much for not buying more clothes! Also baked a 3-type cheese bread &amp; made #1's porridge. Now going home to color my hair &amp; prepare dinner.

may - take care hur...and think positively...

mummies - wonder wat shoes are u all wearing now? my friends told me to buy either scholl or crocs...but crocs shoes are not v comfy either lei....care to share?

jingles: I recently bot hush puppies sandals, pretty comfy to wear. They were having 20% discount when i bot them. Dunno now still on anot. The mary janes are pretty comfy too.

MayC: where did u buy the bra fm? I need to buy liao.

piggyB - thanks...now i can go recce another brand...erm tat time i talked to mothercare girls their opinion is to buy after 7th month....now still can use extensions....can save some $ too

Jingles, I took at look at the website and i really need to slap myself for having such discomfort. dinner last night was: Nutella milkshake, cheese burger with fries from Everything with Fries. I hit most of the categories. No wonder!!! Now i will be more careful.

Birdbrain, if i want really thin slices of ginger, i use the potato peeler to slice the ginger. really thin. anything thicker, i use knife.

May, gosh... i am sorry to hear what you had to go thro'. Please take care of yourself, especially this weekend. really really. Thank god that your gynea is nice. Be strong yah! Hope to hear that the clot will disappear.

i'm wearing flats.
Most of the time i get my flats from pazzion.

Weekend will be pappillo/birks or fitflop.

tulip - kekekekee.....my personal experience is to avoid milk bah....everytime i drink something too milky i will get v repulsive. So go easy with milk stuff.

oh... i just felt baby moving!!!
From left to right... and like turning circles!!!

So happy!! I'm almost tearing. Haha...

x - i also wear birks/paps over weekend but i find sometimes their base getting really heavy :p hehehe.....is pazzion shoes comfy for preggies? i looking for shoes that have good support.

jingles - that one present lah , I wont buy so ex, I use no brand shoes ($20) just as long as comfortable and have good support, or for a bit of investment I go for leather (ard $70) so now I wearing the same ones that I used for #1.

Mary janes are good - just that I really dont remember the brand except that I got it from Bugis BHG, infact all my shoes I got from BHG - bugis or bishan - hee all "B"

piggyb: bra can try Pretty international - currently I use bra extension- like jingles say can save some $$ till later.

Ask friends,also 60% of my maternity clothings are hand me down many a few generation past back and fore.

May: oh dear take care! Try to get more rest!

I had talked with someone abt backache. Just to let you know there seems to be this item in mothercare called support belt. I tried it in the fitting room and it seems to relieve my backache some, not sure if it's a long term soln. $42 from mothercare.

Hq - I oso bot no brand from OG last weekend. Think most prob will worn out very fast at rate I walk ... Thanks for tips. I wil go bgh to look c look c next weekend. You not pantang on clothes ah? My mil gave many of her baby top dolls to wear. Hehe.. She abt same size as me mah but slightly bigger version.

Ms carpe diem- yes. The belt work wonders lei. Suppose to give relief till birth tats wat mother care girls told me

Sian... Having CL probs... Mum wan to recommend me her friend as my CL. Funny la..sometimes I rather not use ple who are parents friend. Not happy cannot scold. Cannot complaint. Don't like to be hold hostage esp we are the ones who are paying $$...

Back