(2012/01) Jan 2012

X - hehe... Talking abt big baby, my girl was only 2.78kg at birth.. I was so afraid to hold her for weeks cos she look so tiny n pruny...... Although i wish my #2 will be born healthy regardless of what weight its gona be, i hope its not gona b too big cos i was hoping for a vaginal birth... Although the 1st two days of sitting n sleeping on swimming float was quite an experience.. Hehe.. But usually girls r born a lil smaller than boys.... Thts what i think arh..

Thanks for the info on the bananas! Since I only like the Del Monte kind, this means no bananas for me for a while then. Sigh.

I have been eating ham straight from the packaging...Din know must cook. Oops. Been eating a lot more sausages and hotdogs than before too.

I had spotting from before 6 weeks till recently. Gynae prescribed Duphaston. Had read that it caused some side effects to baby but gynae said it's safe. It is supposed to help stabilise the pregnancy. Taking my 3rd box of it now and spotting seems to have stopped. By the way, I encounter thick discharge at times but gynae says not to worry. Sometimes, I feel that my gyane too easy-going. Doesn't put all my worries to ease.

amaesing: thanks for sharing. I will try to recall what did I do. Hope it will stop before I go for my trip.

<font color="660000">ms Carpe Diem &amp; babytum,
I can eat green veggies but I'm picky with the taste now n can't eat alot. Cheese leaves n after taste that I dun like. I'm hoping this tastebud n ms thing leaves soon. Miss alot of foods...</font>

Hello all MTB, I'm not exactly new here.... was the 1st few in this thread but didn't log in for quite a while and am surprise that the thread has gone so far...

This is my 2nd child and my edd is 9 Jan. I'm with Dr Lee I Wuen from Raffles Hospital.

Glad to know all of you here....

Afternoon ladies,

Only had time to log in now since my boy is currently napping :0 the thread is too fast for me to catch up...

Bananas yes del monte banana according to old folks they say too liang cannot eat.. Fishes that is in deep sea like stingray and even shark fin also have to avoid ...fruits like grapes n orange will create phlegm for bb so eat less... My gyane also mention no raw food but as for sashi mi as long as it's from reputable store its ok.. My first bb I had lots of sashimi since first trimester ok lei though he's born premature at week 34 weight only 2kg nia very easy to differentiate him in the nusery room..

MayC , oh yes we have the same gyane love wk tan to the max very professional n motherly.. When's ur next check up mine is on 23july sat.

Oh by the way girls , I got my oscar test result got a call from the clinc this morning... Bb is fine in low risk..

Me now on the way to my gynae. Coz m cramping and it worse than just now. Called the clinic, nurse say to walk in if really bad. Decided to go to ease my mind coz gt kicked b # 1 last nite during sleep.

babybee - great that your OSCAR turned out well. I guess you are about 2 weeks ahead of me, cos my next appnt with WK Tan is on the 8th July, doing my OSCAR then. Yes, I like Dr Tan as well, though she doesn't talk v much to the hubbies! She has excellent surgical skills - v impt for me cos mine would be a C-sec. Just wish the clinic wasn't so crowded all the time - 1+ hour wait for a 15 minute appnt.

Weight gain: X, i still champion lor. my first pregnancy, lost 2 kg in first trimester but total weight gain was 22 kg!! Took me more than 6m to get back to normal. This time i promise to watch my intake. Last one was really eat for 2, chocs and durians galore! But nowadays i keep dreaming of food. Very greedy.

My baby not very big, 3.2kg but cannot come out. End up also e c sec. Sigh. This time think will just go for elective c sec. Save me the 12 h labour.

Chiffoncake: don’t worry, weight gain is not even thru out one. But better watch intake lor. If i’m not wrong, we only need extra 300cal a day now. Which is really not much lor.

Caffeine: i occasionally take tea. Think of coffee only want to vomit.

Beef: had beef craving with #1. Every week, eat double cheeseburger. End up also girl. Now my symptoms seem quite different. Dunno if this time is boy or not.

Lush: i take my fish oil, obimin and folic after dinner.

Tend to avoid processed food, esp that from china. Luncheon meat, century egg, any canned china product. Sausages sometimes will still sneak in when hb not around. If pizza, will just eat lor, salami etc. =) MayC: lucky girl!

Pink mommy: think the old wives will say del monte banana cannot eat. But the rest are ok.

Nickynic: i delivered my first at RH. Wondering why here everyone either KK or TMC. Prob deliver second one at RH too.

Agree thread move VERY FAST! usually by the time i speed read thru, no time to reply liao. or just reply the last few posts. now got free time, hardworking, open word doc and read and reply =)

Stella: Hope your MS will go away soon! This phase will pass, Stella! Hang on!

BabyBee: Congrats! Really glad for you! I've also received an SMS to tell me that my baby is at low risk too. Will consult my gynae for detailed report next week.

I hope Lush have a good report too.

NickyNic: Glad to have you back.
happy.gif

MayC: Whee! Hope you'll have a good time at your OSCAR test too!

HI,
I am just back from KKH, finish doing my screening for 'down syndrome'..mine is a package B, meaning blood test n screening, for more accurate report.

And I am relieved to hear the final report that everything fine!! So worried while scanning just now..almost wan to cry out liao..luckily can still hold back, if not will scare the wit out of the lady who did the scan on me..

The report out and my EDD had changed from 1st Jan 2012 to 31 Dec 2011...duno how accurate is that?

Saw my bb moving here n there in my tummy makes my day happy today..glad that god had look after us thru the whole process...=)

Linda: really glad that you have good results for your screening. Your EDD is the same as mine, hee a number of us giving birth in KKH on the same day?
happy.gif

CT: What is your current EDD? Any idea what are the effects on induced bbs?

(x): Haha, I'm not sure I want the 1st bb hamper unless the value of it is very high! I hope my bb will come out 2 weeks early then I can finish my confinement before CNY.
happy.gif

mscarpediem - yah, its quite sad having to be cooped up during CNY when everyone else is out visiting &amp; gorging on yummy food! At least next year I don't have to help my MIL prepare food for the CNY feast.

mscapediem &amp; Linda - who knows, one of you mamas might pop just after midnite on 1/1/2012, and then we will see you being featured in the papers
happy.gif

I got a call from clinic just now. Low risk! So happy!! ^_^ All the best for the rest of the mummies who will be having OSCAR soon, I'm sure yours will be good too!

Linda, my EDD changes frequently too.. initially is 9th, then sometimes 7th, sometimes 8th.. I just take it as 9th. ;p

I hope piggyb is ok! u'll be fine dear!

hmmm looks like most mummies take both obimin + folic. haha.. except me.. ok I better start taking both from now on!

Ya, I think most of us will be cooped up at home during CNY. and gosh, we cant gorged on CNY goodies! Nvm, we will just spend more time here chatting with each other. hehehee...

Have a wonderful weekend all! Im going off soon. Meeting friends for dinner tonite, I hope no ms after dinner!! *fingers crossed*

MayC: That's a plus!
happy.gif
. Keke, not sure I want to be featured, and if our bb takes aft us, will be publicity shy too.

Lush: I'm so glad your results are ok! We can all hv a good weekend!

<font color="660000">ms Carpe Diem,
For induced labour the worry is that the cervix dun dilate n baby can't come out &amp; goes into distress then need emergency c sect. I'm lucky my no 1 came out ok after induction even though I had to wait 21 hrs frm time of induction till I gave birth. Somemore I'm allergic to morphine so no painkillers till 2 hrs before I gave birth. This time ard I dunno how.</font>

wow this thread is fast..just spend the day at the zoo with my boy..super hot day..i think we were there for abt 3 hrs then cannot take it liao..

food craving: i think the only thing is craved now is fishball guo tiao soup, with lots of chilli padi..
happy.gif

to those mummies who have used epidural: really scared off by many people telling me how thick the needle is and you are not allowed to move when u experience the electric shock feeling. Is it really so scary? because I will would sure go on epidural, but am so scare of needles toooo... any advices?

Thanks girls..

MayC yup the gyane appt can be quite a killer my last visit I reach there at 9.30 though my appt was at 10am but by the time it's my turn it was already 11.15am every trip have to pray pray for my turn to come soon
happy.gif

Peanut, I had my first natural with epidural for the next if possible I hope it will be the same too.. Actually by the time you have contraction the pain of the contraction is worst then the needle it's actually not as painful as you think it is ... Epidural is really " happy dural" just relax n breathe deep before the anesthetic inject in.. I'm sure u will be in good hands of the expert..

Lush I only take folic acid, calcium and the fish oil softgel. No obimin... Infact doc say just finish watever folic I have left, then no need Already. Soon will be only calcium and the fish oil softgel.

Pink mommy I been eating bananas and grapes ler, don't worry too much. If you contipation then avoid lor. I ok cause maybe I not affected so much.

Congrats to lush n Ms Crape Diem for your Oscar result
happy.gif
now just have to wait for the 5mth detail scan to have a closer look of the bb again .

Any mummies here has recommendation of a post natal massage lady ? I am still looking for a good one my last massage lady I found her in this forum nice but too talkative a bit disturbing when I am trying to rest
happy.gif

Maddie : me same as u gain almost 20 over kg for my 1st. And my boy is also only 3.2 kg. My 1st pregnancy appetite was super good! Always craving for food. This 2nd 1 was totally diff. Feeling nausea all the time but always got hungry in the middle of the nite!!
Ms Carpe Diem: Thanks!
Peanut: the needle is indeed very BIG but if u are in pain u don't really care u just want to ease the pain...Fm my 1st experience i will just go for the jab for this 2nd delivery. It's not really that scary....don't worry.

I guess I'm the oldest mummy in this thread...I'll be doing my OSCAR next friday!

Ms Carpe - Induced is done if bb is too big, or bb Overdue, or waterbag leak or mummy high blood pressure too high which can endanger the bb lives before it reach due date. Normally thos b4 37 weeks induced bb willbe premature.. My due date 10Jan. All my boys born big, imagine 3rd son at 36week was born at 3.5kg.. i was having high bp so was induced... so 4th one gynae say can choose any dates as long after 37weeks...

<font color="119911"><font color="0077aa">Nickynic:</font> Dr Lee I Wuen was my gynae when I had #1 in 2002! She is very nice, but I think RH packages are a bit expensive so we decided not to go back to her. Is it possible for you to advise on her charges? Her stitching is good. The stitch at my perineum recovered pretty fast, I think 1 week.</font>

Epidural will make u numb, so the tear from contraction will not be bad, healing faster... i'm forced to take epi, due to high bp,gynae say epi can help to lower bp during natural birth. But the sad feeling is that we dont feel pain while giving birth which i want to feel it so that i know how my mum suffer giving birth to me..
Side effect of epi will be vomitting or shivering... i have both and i Hate it... 4th bb i hope no epidural cause i want o enjoy true motherhood...

I remember the lady to did the scan for me say that I haven reach 3 mths..then i was weird and ask her then what the meaning of saying I am at 12 weeks 3 days?? 12weeks=3Mths rite?

But she say, onli 13 weeks then consider 3 mths pregnant...weird ya??

CT okay My edd is 13 Jan. Think I was too eager ... I wishing for dec baby. Always like dec...
Linda : ohhh I always thought 12 weeks is safe always aiming that 12 weeks mark then will announce ... Some website say the 2nd trimester is the 13 week. So maybe tat why she meant.

peanut : i used epidural but the minimum dosage. I actually can take it but my body was really tense and i didnt dilate as fast although im already in labour. At that time my waterbag had not burst but i was feeling the contraction cramps with intervals getting closer and closer. Thus my gynae came and decidec she shld burst the waterbag and induce the labour. Few hours into the labour, im still not dilating cos my lower part was really tensed. I was still feeling ok. But in the end, gynae decided to use on me epidural shot so i could relax more and let it dilate faster.

I think for me personally the gynae poking feeling and bursting the waterbag is more painful than the epidural administration part by the anesthesiologist. In the labour room, im thankful that the doctors made the right decision for me...
And the minimal dose of the epidural, which the doc advise so that i can still feel how labour is like minus some of the other pain, still allow me to feel the contraction pain for me to push when i need to push. And i did not suffer vomitting or any side effect..just numbness that go away and leave me with the worst pain ever..lol....So infact the labour part was ok...i would go through it with epi again provided its with minimal dose.

peanut
my #1 is overdue induced with pitocin. Before they break my waterbag, the nurse said i have good pain trashhold. coz' the chart showing I having contraction but I don't feel it. But once they break my waterbag and the pain just hit me so hard that I cried for half hr while waiting for the anesthesiologist to give me epidural and dosage too strong, i end up feel nothing during labor. They even need to clear my bladder before i can move.

If i going to be induced again, I will ask for epidural before they break my waterbag.

Hello mtb... New here. Suppose to see my gp Tmr as I've onli been tested positive yesterday. Not too sure yet. But eager to learn n share info from experienced mummies here.... Too excited till I can't sleep! Anyone still awake??? Or already zzzzzz.
happy.gif

Peanut: I had epidural for my first. Planned to have it beforehand cos unlike CT I didn't feel I need to go thru the pain of giving birth. Have it early, can increase or decrease the pain meds accordingly. Minus point is then cannot move around after that. Not that I did anyway cos bb monitor strapped on. Think once pain increases, every minute waiting for anaesthetist to come down feels like eternity. Also mine was converted to emergency Caesar after that so they just used that. Think if no epi n need e csec then u will be put under GA so cannot see bb immediately. You still have time to think thru what u want so find out more then decide. Agree that the poking n prodding by gynae was worse than epi injection. After epi, she poke here poke there I not bothered.

Gigi: hi congrats. I'm awake. Woke to pee at 12 then went to watch tv 2 hours n eat snack. Now still wide awake. Sigh. Dreamt I was vomiting n nausea just before I woke up.

Stella and CT: Thank you for your experience sharing of induction. Hehe, looks like it's not a good practice unless I'm also dilated!

And thanks all for sharing your thoughts on epidural or natural birth.

I woke up earlier than usual for a weekend and now can't go back to sleep. Can I consider this insomnia? Heh.

And welcome gigi! But boy, the words "gigi" and "qiqi" another member on this forum looks v close. I don't know how to tell the 2 of you apart on this forum. Heh.

Babybee-the 3/4 d scan at NUH N RADAR LINK at paragon charge $150 only. U will be given 2 pcs 3d scan picture n a cd containing 4d video. tats the cheapers i know.

hi gigi, welcome to the forum! When are u due?

On epi, don't worry. It feels like a red ant bite. i didn't even see the needle. I didn't hv vomitting but was ultra cold in the operating theatre though. Maybe cos mine was a c-sec &amp; insides were exposed to the aircon :p

shivering &amp; being cold is v common with epi, but beats feeling natural birth pain i think! Of cos some mommies want to go au naturale &amp; drug free...thats great but remember to prepare for it. Like stretching ur perinium so that baby can come out &amp; u don't tear &amp; learning breathing techniques.

Hi mummies, need to check with you all on something that has been bothering me. My friends and relatives said that during pregnancy we should not put on makeup as there are chemicals inside. (e.g. Some powder has whitening or anti aging effects) I have been using makeup throughout my first trimester and some nights I even forget to remove them and go to bed. Worried now
sad.gif

Maddie indeed your baby is " night owl".

Looks to be epi is the way to go, anyone have backache as the long after effects? It seems to have advantages like lowering CT BP, relaxing the mummies so then dilate...

Felicia : I avoid make up because of different reason- too much breakout due to hormones so I really want my face clean and breathing.

Good Morning!

Lush: Thanks!

Went to gynae yesterday and was given a all clear! =) So happy. Bb is doing fine, 2.69cm @ 9w2d. Managed to bb moving when doing the scan. Doc just prescribed some meds for me to take just in case the cramps gets worse.

Felicia: I have read abt that b4 but I am still using make-up as I think the effect are very minimal. But I do make sure that I remove my make-up throughly once I get home. I am the type that cannot go out without my mascara &amp; blusher..=P

Felicia actually I feel make up is ok: most preggy I see on the streets have make up on. Most of my preggy friends and colleague still make up except one, she looked very sleepy most of the time.

Felicia - make up still can.. Why not.. But for hygiene/ cleanliness purpose, must wash off everynight b4 sleep w/o fail... So wont clog pores or cause irritation etc.. Try to force urself go wash kay... I know esp this period very tiring..
happy.gif

Back