(2012/01) Jan 2012

delphina, i got mine from this BP seller ->
website: http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Medela_Breast_Pump_Spree_mybeautyloftyahoo.com.sg#photo=1
email: [email protected]

can PM me if u need her hp number.
happy.gif

Jac: wait til bb is born then booked. That time i managed to find 1 night free for booking and it was 4 days before the actual full mth so we just took it.

jkids: maybe you can call them to check if they can customise for you?

My office is small..abt 30 ppl now. So i don't distribute cakes individually. I just bring glutinous rice & red eggs to office for them to eat. If u want cake, maybe you can order a big one and cut out to eat. If not give individual boxes can be quite siong.

moscato
hmmmm one big cake and cut is a good idea!
but one thing though have to trouble my kakis in the office to do that lo...so i am trying to ease their job, i also dont wan to trouble others.

Hi delphina,
I got my Medele freestyle from My Beauty Loft. You can google it. got it for S$460 nett.
What’s Included
Compact pump with digital display and timer
Attractive tote bag
4 - 5 oz. BPA-free breastmilk bottles with lids, one wide base nipple and travel cap
2 - 24 mm PersonalFit breastshields
2 - 27 mm PersonalFit breastshields
Removable cooler bag
Contoured ice pack
Hands-free kit and mobility accessories
Power cord & charger
Rechargable lithium-ion battery

Comes with USA 1 yr warranty and is the latest model with 2 pairs of personalfit breastshield

jingles, maybe can order mini cupcakes? it comes in box of 30 or 50.. so no need distribute individually & no need cut too.. i intend to get the mini cupcakes from Sweetest Moments.. not too ex too.. 1 box (of 30) for my office & 1 box for hb's office..

moscato
:p u dont know the ple here...they dont like to do this de..to them is like the aunties in dim sum restaurant..gg around offering food...
happy.gif

jac
ya...tat is a good idea lo...maybe i will get from sweetest or pine.
by way sweetest cakes are yummy
happy.gif
i tried before.

hmmmm have any of mommies think before...
if to do it before 1 month..then if cannot find any free dates before CNY (in restaurant/chalet), also tough hur...kekeke if really the case, then i will jst do cakes
happy.gif

i think it's ok lor. Most impt is the actual one..unless pantang ba. Usually baby showers are on weekends, most office not working on weekends, so no need to be on the same day.

i am still thinking to give or not to give to my office people.. need to get someone to pass things around since i wont be ard..kinda troublesome...

poseidon
same here...but no choice..for me, esp those who are gg to give gifts and wellwishes...got to give them something back in return. So i may jst order a box of cake and ask kaki to help distribute.

it seems that the colleagues working in my company will give to others not in the same dept one jus to share the joy. but my co's dept is everywhere, i can't possibly give all. then those in the same level, if i give this dept and not the other dept, and if they see it, wonder how they will feel huh... i headache which dept i can skip giving leh...

jkids
kekke tats the headache lo..
if not minimize to kaki and bosses lo...
then for general crowd, see who is the gang of wellwishes then decide how to give. If its majority who give, you can jst buy some swissrolls from neighbourhood to distribute..wont cost v much also

Hihi... I am a Nov mummy.
Wanting to sell a preloved playpen.
Self collection at CCK.
Selling at $45.

Condition: 8/10
When folding, one of the bottom legs could not be fold as I had previously tighten it to secure the playpen. Now cannot unscrew. Still foldable and can put into car.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!
6252029.jpg

poseidon, thks for sharing! kinda far for me le.. can update if it's worth going? if worth it then maybe i'll drop by tmr ba.. thks!
happy.gif

poseidon: thanks for sharing. Maybe will drop by..received a few sms abt it..hope its good

Mommies, How's your appetite these days? Seems to be getting more lethargic entering into this 3rd trimester.

wishing you guys well on this TGIF!

hurray, it's TGIF! and next Mon is a hol!

My appetite goes up & down.. sometimes feel nauseous after a meal, sometimes still feel hungry after a meal. haha.. baby is kicking more and I can feel her little foot sometimes. hehee...

im tempted to take baby photos after bb is born. anyone going for that?

Jac>> hee i will update abt it if i went down tonight.. i think there is also baby kingdom sale this wknd..not very sure abt it..someone told me it is in the papers..

today is so quiet huh...

anyone with high sugar level? my gynae said i had, gave me a shock
sad.gif
he told me not to cut down on rice, anything carbohydrates...but my appetite since pregnant is not as gd as b4, in fact i eat little now. unless the cakes are the culprits?! i eat cake almos every morning for breaskfast coz theygive me appetite. so what can i eat now? gynae even asked me to go hungry if need to in order to cut down.
sad.gif
very sian to hear that. how did u all cut down? then eat what?

hmmm cakes are high in sugar.. eat things that are less sweet??? try eating bread instead of cakes.. i think ur gynea is worried abt gestational diabetes

hey mommies!

Baby Hyperstore having warehouse sale.. most of their stuff 20%..for those interested in Peg Perego Pliko P3 compact, it's selling at $606 nett

the sale is till Sunday I think .. the ad is in the papers today...

poseidon gal:
i din have this prob with my previous pregnancies leh, in fact i also ate cakes, bread,etc. its miserable. the staff asked me to eat vege. go hungey meas i will have gatric pain liao... so demoraliszing.

Hallo all, today is indeed quiet. Maybe many people take leave today plus the sky has been cloudy since morning.

I woke up with bodyache and mild sorethroat. I hope it is not due to the soft shell crab that i ate yest. Actually i wasnt sure whether can eat or not, but since it is fried, i thought should be safe.

So many sales this weekend huh.hopefully I will be better tomorrow. Aim to complete shop for the baby necessity by end of next week (happened to hv parenthood fair too).. I think if delay further,might be uncomfortable to move around plus I have to allocate time to wash all the clothing in batches.

Jkids : I usually eat whole meak bread for my bfast. Maybe you want to try. u can put different spread into ur bread depending on your liking.

delphina:
muz take care wow. i juz recovered from slight sore throat, cough and blocked nose.

for whole meal bread, how may slices do you eat? what spread do you put? seems that all spreads are sweet?

i had a heavy breakfast, not sure if it got to do with my high sugar level...

jkids, cakes are high in sugar & carbo leh.. maybe u want to switch to less sweet stuff & a low GI diet (http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/) e.g. whole meal, whole grain, etc.. i know it's hard.. i've been craving for desserts & comfort food thro'out this whole pregnancy!! but good thing is we're almost close to due liao.. at most 2 more mths to go.. REN!!

hb is working this whole long wkend.. looks like won't be able to go to any of the warehouse sales liao.. looking forward to the parenthood fair.. still got lots of small items (e.g. steriliser, wipes, etc) need to buy..

btw, any mummies know which brand of waterproof mattress protector is good? is it necessary? or use those rubber mat can liao?

jkids: try having 2 slices of wholemeal bread with some no sugar added or sugar-free jam for breakfast...may satisfy that sweet tooth heez..

wow seems like a lot of sales this LWE...think i'll go check out baby hyperstore..

Jkids: I usually have 2 slices of wholemeal bread. Sometimes I spread nutella a bit then put cheese slice in between too. Or alternatively, fry egg to put in between the bread. You drink a cup of milk if feel like it too.

jac: thanks for the link. i confess i also take dessert, but not everyday leh...

delphina: wow...to me, it seems that everything is sweet...

medory: got sugar free jam huh? ok...i go check it out...

my gynae gave me a shock when he said bb was 1.6 kg and asked if i took durians. but i juz took a few seeds so far.
sad.gif

jkids: yup u can get reduced sugar ones from brands like smuckers or streamline..i know those sugar-free ones u might need to look for in pharmacy as it's specially for diabetic people

i heard that GD usually goes away after pregnancy..but i guess it depends on individual..don't worry too much, i think just got to keep that sugar level in check, jia you
happy.gif

Since preggy..i become roti queen liao..everyday eat bread..coz it is easy to digest and that is the only thing that stays inside my tummy during my MS period..haa even now i also eat roti everyday..
normally i eat high fibre white bread..i cannot tahan wholemeal taste..
spread har..normally it is either peanut butter/ kaya / egg / cheese
been eating alot of cheese since i dont really enjoy milk during this period..

jkids, 1.6kg is at how many weeks? my boy is 1.3kg at 28 weeks.. not far off & gynae says is average leh.. u confirm got GD? got take the GD test? or issit juz the urine test? if urine test, maybe juz a one-off incident? usually control diet abit will go off ba.. think only need worry if GD test tested positive ba? usually GD will go away after giving birth..

GD will go away after birth..but that also mean that when we grow old..we had a higher chance of getting diabetics...

take lots of wholemeal product..and probably eat more smaller meal...

there was a period of time when I had high blood sugar also.. I was also v depressed as it meant I cannot eat a lot of things. Im a carbs junkie lor..

so I switched to wholemeal bread with marmite (no sugar!
happy.gif
) or plain unsweetened oatmeal (can add almond power for flavor, but again no sugar
happy.gif
).

then for lunch & dinner, I eat brown rice & veg. which I have to get from vegetarian stalls, since many other stalls dont have it, then buy fish soup to supplement.

Fruits, only eat guava. Avoided water melons & grapes & pears etc.

I also avoided milk, as milk has high lactose. Can change to rice or oat milk, that one is lower GI. heee...

But there were some days when I was not so disciplined, still a little bit of high GI food, cos it's very difficult to find low GI food when you are out!

Then i went for the GD test, test was -ve. So now I a bit bochup, will indulge in icecream from time to time. ;p

For the sake of bb, we have to change our diet.. sien but it will be worth it! ;p I still try to eat more wholemeal stuff whenever I can. Soya bean also drink without sugar..

Now my bb is quite big still, at 29wks, she was 1.4kg... ave should be 1.2kg.

came back from babystudio warehouse sale.. not bad..at least 20% off for all items..
there are items like high chairs,strollers, play gym, toys, baby clothings, cot, mattress etc
i think more items than the baby fair at expo..
for those looking at capella strollers..i think it is cheaper than outside coz more than 10% off the normal price..
the only prob is..the location a bit off for those w/o transport..

Hi mummies, I'm always been a silence reader and was added into facebook group however I just found out I was remove due to been too silence without doing any introduction, leak of chatting etc....

Nvm about this but now since i cant go in anymore, can someone pls let me know when is the baby fair or parents fair at expo that is coming soon? I can't remember is this week or next week. Thanks!

poseidon, thks for sharing!
happy.gif

mummies, need some help/advice on the # of bedding sets to buy.. i already got a 9pc bedding set (comes with bumper, comforter, fitted sheet, 1 pillow + case, 2 bolsters + cases).. is there a need to get another extra bedding set in case bb wets the bed? but i don't think i need another bumper, comforter, pillow & bolsters right? or do i? or shld i juz get extra fitted sheet & pillow/bolster cases? also need some advice on whether any mummies buy waterproof mattress protector to put between the cot mattress & sheet? or juz use those rubber mat, diaper cloth, etc can liao?

Hello mummies!

Jac
Tink better get another fitted sheet incase kid pee
happy.gif
then got spare to wash... However I also got a mattress protector too ..... Case for bean pillow I also got spares

Took leave yesterday and went on a shopping spree in OG ytd!! A lot of items on 20%sale! Worth going there to see2 look2

Jac: suggest u to get extra fitted sheet, pillow case and bumper..in case u need to wash..dun think u will use comforter dat often oso..

for me i just put the rubber mat on the bed...can get the waterproof mattress protector oso

Back