(2011)Twin / multiple pregnancy

Thanks JJ. I will get Dr advice and really hope i can just go in the pool and just relax [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just checking the twin nursing pillow because i will take care twin by myself (mom passed away long time ago and grandmom is very old, my hubby is french and his family live in france).

First month, i will get confinement lady but after i will take care them by myself. We have part time maid but still... Kind of worry how to take care of them haha...

how about you? your family members will come and help right?

Wow! U wanna try getting a full time maid cos really need at least 2 pairs of hands to take care of the twins.

I also got Confinement lady. My mum said she will help out when I go back work, along with assistance from my MIL. I will have to see how that works out. If really worse case scenario I would have to put 1 twin in infant care. Then the other one with own mum or mil

JJ, We dont really like stay in maid and We cant use to it. We have part time maid, perhap i can ask her to come more often, well, pay more!

Anyway, we may move to another country next year... so i better learn how to take care of my twin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

So great that your mom and mil are helping.. Oh, you have baby gals or boys? or? i am going for scan tomorrow ( 17 weeks), hope can know their sex as easy for us to purchase baby stuffs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya i also don't like to have a maid stay in, still on the hunt for part time cleaners.

Furthermore I can't afford having a full time maid as it will compromise our finances.

Its good that u can be a stay at home mum, u get to grow with the twins cos babies do grow up so fast nowadays.

I'm having a boy & a girl = )

JJ, my hubby wants me to full time take care of the babies but i love previous job... anyway, i have to learn this "new job" haha..

Wah, boy and girl!! my hubby said if 2 girls or 2 boys, then i need to try again another one... aiyo, he loves children. But i worry how to take care!!

have you bought the stroller or car seat? where you bought it? we are thinking to buy twin stroller.. Heard about baby hyperstore at Kaki bukit, it is a lot of selection?

if we can afford the expenses I also rather stay at home mum. I really would like to see the babies grow up.

I got a twin stroller & a single stroller, both donations from friends & family. Car seat haven't got yet but planning to buy 1 only cos car no space to place two.

I haven't gone to this baby hyperstore though i heard its just alot of baby things under one roof not say very cheap.

If u want check out baby fairs, or taka baby fair that one more worthwhile in terms of discounts

we may get 2nd hand twin stroller and buy 2 x single troller. All baby stuffs have to get in pair so better save some money [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

On 18 march, i think there is a baby fair at Expo, so we will go n buy some, hope get a good offer.

So you are 29 weeks now? when is ur EDD? i know twin always deliver early..

EDD 27 April but likely will be 1st week of April cos that's when I hit 37wks (max period) for twins.

Think I can't go to the 18 mar expo already ... too big to move ... see how 1st .. hahaha

Hi ladies, my boys are turning 10mth on the 22nd and i have been handling them on my own since i fired the maid 2 months ago. I didnt buy anything in pairs as my boys will fight over whatever which lands on whoever hands. I have 1 twin stroller and 4 single strollers lol. I have all sorts of complications all the way till i delivered at 36weeks and i was very stubborn then, shopped till the day i delivered lol my boys were born 2.1kg, 2.5kg.. right now they are 10.5kg , 10.8kg. Feel free to ask any questions but i am a blur/anything also can mummy so sometimes u might not agree with what i do :p Oh yes i delivered at KKH under subsidy to cut cost and we didnt want to pay using cash.

Hi Leah - that's good weights for twins!

I also planning to give birth at KKH, deciding to take the 4-bedder but I doubt I can save much cos I have a assigned doctor & a 4-bedder is his min requirement if my twins are to be delivered by him.

The twins will be my 1st babies so I'm really scare I do a bad job taking care of them. Didn't attend any baby caring classes at all. I hired a confinement nanny for my 1st mth.

Hi JJ

I engaged confinement lady for 2 months and then we got a maid but it was a disaster(too lazy to type it out anyway its history), I took over my boys when they were 8mths old, i think the trick is that you have to endure their cries and demand. I used the "cry it out" method and normally i will just leave them alone to play/cry in the playyard, sleeping time i will just leave them in the room, close the gate then ill start doing house chores. It can be very frustrating when they are crying cause you dont know what they want.I didnt attend any classes as well, i got alot of supports from friends who taught me how to deal with them. Both our parents have no experience with taking care of children so its just me and my husband. Anyway you can start to train them when they are ard 3months old, i have a time table for them, what time to drink/sleep/time so its actually quite a breeze for me in terms of their daily rountine.

Hi all am at 35 wks pregnant with twins and experiencing itchiness on the whole body,esp on soles of feet and palms..anyone experience before? No rashes or redness but very itchy all over..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Leah - ya I think that's the best way to handle twins is to ignore the cries of 1 as much as possible. Cos the kan-cheong ness of 1st time parents is to tend to crying bb's but since I have 2 I'll prob stress myself out even worse cos they will cry at the same time.

I thinking handle one twin 1st then move onto the other one .. if not I can't cope cos I only have 1 pair of hands & boobs .. hahaha

I also read that its best to set a schedule for twins feeds & sleeping so they both eat at same time.

I also don't intend to get maid, they are just not worth the amt of time & $$ spent. Esp if they are trouble makers. I rather save the $$ for infant care if worse case situation occurs.

lqaera - I also suffering from a extreme itchy belly esp the under side ... Tried putting aloa ver gel, calamine lotion all does not work. Gonna check out this brand call cetphill (sorry if spelt wrong) most watsons/ guardians would carry. Blue label with white bottle.

if that can't help looks like have to 'ren' until after birth

JJ, I am also a first time mummy, i get most of the informations i need through mummy friends.. I think only when your babies are out, then u will naturally know how to handle them so dont need to gan chiong! My boys usually cry one after another so its quite miserable. Training can be tough but once u succeed then world peace! My boys are trained till the extent they can sleep on their own, doesnt cry when in stroller except when they are in bad mood. Im not trying to boast here but for all the mummies who intend to take care of the babies themselves, it is impossible but u need to be "heartless"

Iqaera - I itch mostly ard my thighs and tummy area, endure! U left another 2-3weeks to go!

Agree with jj and Leah about the maid, we will busy w twin and if maid also give problem then how? I will get a confinement lady also but just for 1 month. Then i will take care.. Leah, i may need ur experiance yo ;)

Just went for scan, only can see one baby sex (boy) as another one keep facing infront n dint move. Hubby loves gal but.... Anyway as long they healthy rite? Hopefully another one is gal because my hubby already asked me to pregnant again with baby gal!

it's been some time since i've checked out this thread. My boy-girl twins are 4 months old & wanna share my experience...

My twin pregnancy was relatively smooth, probably because this was not my 1st. After spotting at 4 weeks + 2 weeks of bedrest, I never had much contractions or labor warning signs up till my C-section at 37 weeks. Probably just cramps on & off but nothing alarming. My point is that while the risk of pre-term labor is increased with a twin pregnancy, it can also have a positive outcome! Just need to know when to take it easy & listen to what your body tells you.

We have a Maclaren twin techno. So far we can use it at most places but have to use the lift to move up & down buildings. Thus we usually plan our family outings on weekdays where there's no crowd.

I also have an elder girl turning 2 in May. We drive a saloon car and squeeze 3 car seats at the back. all 3 are maxi cosis. our boot is pretty much taken up by the twin stroller!

I hired a CL to help out in the 1st month, after which I was pretty much on my own. My eldest goes to child care in the daytime & I have all 3 kids with me over the weekend. My mum & MIL sometimes help out a bit. As a SAHM I have less subsidy & we pay $400 a month for her child care. Some of you may wonder why not I rather have all 3 @ home & hire a maid but I feel that it's not worth the stress/effort to train the maid & supervise her. Plus with the type of car we're driving it's impossible to bring her out & i don't want her to be alone at home too. Plus now at child care my eldest seems to be much happier & independent. Because she spends so much time in school I also cherish the time I have with her alone more.

There's times when all 3 of them need my attention & it can be very stressful when there's only me. I remember once my eldest was scared of something on the TV & came running into the room and was hysterical. I was busy cleaning poo off my twins' butt. They both happened to poop at the same time. But when I see her interacting with the twins I feel it's so worth it.

There's definitely moments when 1 twin cries while u r attending the other. I think u'll get used to it after a while. It's very tough at the beginning but definitely doable. Now at 4 months they are quite settled into a routine/schedule so life is getting easier!

Sunshine, i dont think i can offer you much cause im more of the "i dont bother reading any parenting books and as long as no high fever, no diarrhea, no vomiting, the babies are ok" person, i hardly panic when they hit themselves and i make sure the area they sleep/play in are baby proof :p Pinky should be able to offer you more in depth solutions plus she has 3, I ask her for advice mostly.

There will definately be days when u get frustrated but I always mumble to myself, everything will be ok, everything will be ok! haha, Im sure everyone here can do it!

Thanks pinky for your experiances! I will try to focus to my pregnancy rather than worry this and that as i am only 17 weeks!

I went to mother n child centre tanglin yesterday and may join their prenatal yoga as i am too bored at home. But Dr advice dont workup to hard as i had bleeding when i was 2nd month. There also have baby cafe on monday 2-4pm for pregnant woman n breastfeeding mothers gathering. Hopefully i can get some experiance from them.

Sunshine,

yeah just set short goals for urself. Like now you're in 17 weeks, aim to go for 20 weeks. then 25, then 30. I think it really helped me a lot. When I hit 20 weeks I told myself, I'm halfway there already! Then we'll go out for a nice dinner with hubby to have a little celebration. Really kept me going. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sunshine - really lots to worry thru out a twin preg. So its impt to set short term goals & be zen.

i.e. at 25wks i was told my bb ger is smaller then the bb boy by 20% but still within acceptable range. But the doc started to warn me if she continues to be small sized will hv to give birth early like 36wks below ...

But worrying is no use cos I can't control how much bb ger absorbs so now I only can hope for the best ...

Yes JJ and PinkD, i am almost counting everyday and it pass very fast like today already Friday!! Weekend coming then hubby can bring me out for food or shopping!

Today my body a bit tired... just want to sleep haha.. like a pig, eat and sleep only.

JJ, i have one twin ( confirmed is boy) is very active as he has space to move. But another one (sex unknown) seen has less space and always one position. Anyway, we all pray both are healthy.

So JJ, you are going for c-section or? You know what? i have decided to c-section as i am twin also. My mum had hard time to deliver me and my sister as she was natural birth and i was 10 min different with my sister as Dr didnt know i was in! (no one know my mum pregnant with twin, until deliver)

PinkD, i would like to ask you few questions. How you feed your twin? breastfeeding directly or Pump out and feed them? You feed them one by one or same time? i read some articals and they mentioned better feed them in the same time and they will have same schedule/routine otherwise, they may have different timing to wake up/boo and etc...

Wow .. u twin too ?? So yr twins are identical or fraternal ? if identical then likely same sex le ...

I read many ways to feed twins, latch both on at same time using support pillows.

Or breast feed one then forumla the other then alternate them at each feed so they get to breast feed at least once.

Once yr breast milk supply has increases then feed both breast milk but alt them btw bottle & breast.

Think all trial & error cos 1 method might work for 1 family but not for ours.

Me and my siste are fraternal not identical and my twin also fraternal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Our family has 2 sets of twin, my father's counsin has 1 set of identical twin gals and they are look alike!

Hubby loves gals but Dr confirmed one boy so hopefully another twin is gal haha... but as long they both healthy right?

Yes, i read many ways too. We need to try then see what is the best method to them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Congratulations to all twins mummies, my boy/girl twins are 5 this year... Jia you!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_cheers.gif]

Hi all pregnant with twins,juz to share, if u happen to have extreme itchiness esp on the palms & feet, do check with ur gynae as it could be a condition called cholestasis,of which i'm being diagnosed with now & hence have to arrange for a c-section soon though i'm only 35wks & 4 days pregnant...Do google and find out more abt it,it affects the liver and could be harmful to babies...So any slightest condition u have,dont take it lightly ya!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sunshine,

both my twins are BFed directly. I think it's very time consuming for me to find time to pump, then bottle feed, especially when I also have an older girl to take care of. I feed them one by one most of the time, cause my eldest can get quite rough and sometimes she may accidentally knock on one of the babies. Then when I'm BFing sometimes she also wants me to hug her with the other arm.

Yes it's recommended to feed them at the same time so that they're both on more or less the same routine. Imagine you feed 1 at 8pm, and another at 9pm, then 10pm u need to feed the 1st one again. It can be very tiring!

Now at 4 months, all my 3 kids have the same bedtime - 8pm. After they go to bed I have time for myself & hubby.

Iqaera,

all the best for your C-section!

Also, I am selling away My Brest Friend twins nursing pillow. This was a life saver during my hospital stay and the first month. Can't use it much now cause have to have 1 hand free for my elder girl while feeding. Contact me if keen! http://www.amazon.com/My-Brest-Friend-Deluxe-Nursing/dp/B0032Z81M4

Sunshine

Wow that's nice! I wonder how its like to have another me! Both my parents have twins in their family.Im actually quite blessed to have twins although my mum is not 1 and she didnt pop twins.

I only breastfeed my boys for 2-3months then i switched to pumping. I couldnt deal with the night feeds and them crying everytime after latching,i guess because they tend to fall asleep and didnt suckle enough. My elder is rather patient so usually when im done with the younger, ill feed him... about 15mins gap. They learnt to use the bottle when they were ard 5months old so since then i just "pass" the bottle to them.

My boys schedule are roughly,

7am milk

7.30-9.30am nap

9.45-1.00pm watch tv/play/lunch/bathe

1.30-2.30pm nap

2.45-4.15pm milk/snack/play

4.30-5.30pm nap

5.45-8.15pm play/snack/milk/get ready for bed

8.30pm sleep

11.30-12am last bottle of milk, sleep till 7am

They are pretty much on the dot as ive been training them for sometime, during weekends ill let loose and let them do whatever they like.After they go to bed, ill do all the housechores, i go to bed ard 2-3am after im done with "me" time. Oh yeah, they are usually in the playyard on their own so in between i can surf, do chores, etc.. When i had the maid, their timing was more cock up and they were quite rowdy but now it seems more "peaceful" except they are learning to walk, we have another hurdle to pass [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Leah! I will write it down for my reference! May i ask you about your CL? is she good? because i have one but no experiance for twin. Can i have your CL contact number?

Hi Sunshine, my CL is not too bad but she's booked all the way till August already. Sorry cant help you much on that. 1 thing to note, most CL will tell you that you dont have enough milk, pump and give baby, let baby drink FM in the night, etc etc so even if she's probably the best CL ard, you have to deal with this. Also, you need to tell the CL what you prefer her to do, not the other way round, mine like to rock them to sleep so when she left, it was a big headache for us. Anyway if u intend to total breastfeed, u will still have to look after them ard the clock, i think u still can use the cl u have as long as shes willing to try?

Agree with Leah. My CL said I was the 1st twins mum she came across who insists on latching my twins. She even tried to convince me to pump out my milk, claiming that it's easier to control what time baby drinks milk and easy to know how much baby drinks. Even the PD (bad impression) we went to at TMC asked me how much milk my babies drink when I already told her I latch them on.

True, I don't know how much they drink, but I know how long they drink. So that's the unit of measuring when direct latching on babies.

Till today I'm glad I didn't cave in to my CL's suggestion. Imagine I have to make time to pump milk 8 times a day and bottle feed them. I always feel like it's double work but some mummies who have extra help will find it alright cause some1 can always take over the feeding. For me if I feel very tired or need to go out, I will just let the caregiver (usually my hubby) feed FM for that feeding, or leave 2 bottles of EBM in the warmer.

Thanks Leah and PinkD! we also worry about CL to "rock" my babies all the time and after she gone, then i need to "rock" them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I think better communicate with CL first.

We are looking for stroller and please advice twin stroller better or individual?

Sunshine

I have 2 single stroller and 1 twin stroller. Twin stroller is mainly when we go for checkups, window shopping and running errands. Single strollers for actual shopping lol, eating.. Alot of places are not really twin stroller friendly, i stay ard Jurong point, its very troublesome to go have a meal cause theres not much space to keep the stroller. When we need to go shopping, my husband will push 1 of them go see his stuff and i push the other somewhere else, sometimes if both of us have to go toilet at the same, we will push 1 of them in (i go to the handicap.. haha), with twin stroller, we have to wait for one and other, another thing about twin stroller is that because its bigger than single stroller right, u will have the tendency to hit ppl and get annoying glare/scolding, i kanna too many times. Im using maclaren triump twin and the size is ok, can fit into lift, escalators, etc actually its not big at all. Ok and also, when both cry, using single can be troublesome, cause can be difficult to carry and push at the same time, i usually keep a spare carrier under the seat.. for twin stroller, at least i can carry or hubby can carry or both carry but only 1 person pushing so not very troublesome.

Hi mummies,

I just gave birth to my twins (girl and boy) on 1 Feb at 36 weeks. I also have a 21mth old boy.

Right now, I am trying my best to build up my BM supply although still need to supplement with FM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

PinkD,

Hi! What happened to the other thread eh? It seems to have gone missing...

Just had my twins 2 weeks ago via elective C-sect. Right now, trying to establish my BM supply. Daytime is pretty much latching ALL the time. If it isn't one twin, its the other. I don't really even have time to pump in between. In any case, the one or two occasions when I pump, the output is not fantastic (not sure if its because I have been latching and latching) I hope this is the best way to increase output.

In the evenings, when DS gets home, in order to spend time with him, I let CL give FM. Same for nights, I will only latch one twin while CL feeds FM to the other, the next feed we swap. Otherwise, I wont be getting much sleep at all.

From the sound of it, you have setup up a good routine with your twins and able to TBF as well. Really commendable!

Hi annika, congratulation for your twin! I am 17 weeks and learn from twin mummies how to take care twin babies as i dont have any helpers/Mother/Mil so i really need to listen n learn ;)

Hi mummies,

My friend recommend me one CL but no experiance for twin. If anyone here can recommend one for me?

Hi ladies,

My name is Vini. I have read through hundreds of forums written by yourselves and other women like you.

I am in the middle of my research for a programme called pregnancy and parenting.

Could anyone who is willing to give an interview about what it all meant to you.

I know this is a very sensitive topics something which is very personal. But like how all of you are sharing your experiences here.

I would like these experiences to be heard by many more.

It will give them answers to who to speak with , which gyne to consult, what is the reality which is attached to IVF and etc.

If any of you are willing to talk about it please kindly contact me on +65-98868894.

Thanks

Vini

Hi Mums,

I would be really interested to hear about your multiple pregnancies and what you had gone thru..

I would also like to hear about the experience and question you have after delivery...

Kindly call me on +65-98868894

Regards,

Vini

Thanks JJ, yesterday contacted one CL and she increased the price from $3100 to $3500. I have checked some CL agency and same price with her. I thought book direct will cheaper as no need to pay agent fee but yet same price... May i know ur CL charges?

Mine charged $3000, paid $300 deposit to book her. some reasons for increase in price might be some major holidays near during yr birth ? i.e. I know some CL charge super high if confinement near CNY.

Freelance suppose to be cheaper but might not be as reliable as agency cos chance they don't show up is there & can't change CL if u don't like.

Agency will allow changes of CL, will do all the legal paperwork etc .. hence charge higher.

I will deliver end of June/ beginning July and i dont think is holiday ( school holiday??)

Your CL has experiance for twin? She is freelance?

Just received email from GPLS confinement nanny and they charge $2800 and + levy fee. Sound good and will pay them visit this weekend. Hopefully i get a good nanny!

anyone keen to buy twin stroller? Mine was imported from US, brand is Inglesina, lightweight and slim but I do not need it anymore. Keen email me at [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5122728.jpg]

Hi mummies,

my CL charged me 3200 i think. Was recommended by a relative's CL. I booked her directly. Think she charged higher cause she had experience with twins. My hubby nagged a little cause the CL didn't have to wake up at night to prepare FM to feed the babies. I was the one doing most of the night feedings hahaha.

I have decided to choose the CL who recommend my other twin mummies and charge $3400. I heard the price increased after CNY and anyway i just tired to look search. Hope she is nice..

By the way, My place doesnt have any market which walking distance. (3 bus stop away). So my hubby need to bring her to market but CL doesnt really speak english and my hubby is french.. Omg, i hope i will not get extra headche! Hahah

Back