(2011/12) Dec 2011

Jac: You should have complained to the manager!!!! Super rude lo! Me and my hubb ever encountered such hardcore sales ppl and in the end, we will just walk away without buying, though we wanted to buy. To us, they jus lost a customer! It jus irritates me cas sometimes, i wanna look arnd and need time to decide and then this kinda ppl will jus come, tag along and start talking and pushing, Even though i will make it clear to them i am looking arnd and will ask for help if i need. But they jus don understand!

Kimiko: High-5! My child is also thier first grandson also but its my parents who are super enthu!!! And ya, when i go to my mum's hse, she cooks for me and make sure i eat well though my appetite is not there. I hardly eat in my in law place cas of thier cooking style and the smell (Apparently my nose has become extra sensitive!) hehe. But i don bother lo.. I jus make sure i and my baby doing well. But its nice to know my parents and hubb taking care of me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Safi, really high-5! I cannot stand my MIL's cooking these days, be it taste or smell. Sometimes I wonder if she is oblivious or just blind. When I was having MS, I vomit whenever she starts cooking, it was really terrible thinking back.

kimiko, u read abt their hardsell somewhere before ar?? zzz.. i haven heard before..haha!! buy liao leh.. cannot refund or what also le.. so forget it lor.. whatever it is, i dun think i am going back there again. their things are also not exactly very cheap. some of the stuff, baby fair and bhg fare even better!!!

safiya, complain to their manager?? it's a sunday leh.. dun think their manager around? anyway, we also cant be bothered le.. hubby face very black and we left soon after making purchase. dont wanna hang ard there anymore.

haha!! ladies, at least ur MIL cooks lah although not exactly suitable for you all.. my MIl dun cook.. the only time she cooks is during CNY, those bee hoon and stuff for us to eat before going out. if not, she will boil some soup lah.. not exactly tonic type but those ABC soup, carrot soup, winter melon soup, etc.. and the best thign is she will cook after work when she got home ard 8pm. by the time soup ready is 10 plus.. its past dinner time (usually will be full after dinner) and soon bedtime but still need to drink.. luckily sometimes hubby drink half for me.. my mil sama sama somehow.. certain things already told her i dun like, dun take or etc but end up she will still ask me eat/drink.. zzz... until now cant be bothered to keep repeating le coz just follow instructions... for me case, i can only swallow coz i will be living with them for the rest of my live coz house belongs to her and hubby.. we are unable to buy own home and move out. so if that's the case, just swallow rather than create even more prob.

Hi Ladies, I am looking for mums with 13 to 36 weeks pregnant for a short 15 mins survey on formula milk brand - Abbott, e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Criteria : You must not reject this brand and may use this brand in future. Token: 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Kindly SMS me your Name, age, how many weeks pregnant to 97640028 ASAP.

I think all MIL must be of the same mix..ha..ha... Maybe we've been used to what our own mothers cooking be it really delicious or not so have problem adjusting to MIL's style. I also depend on my MIL or maid to cook. Her cooking so so lah...hubby finds it delicious..I can't cook so dare not complain. But hate it when my SIL cooks..she always think she cooks well but actually it sucks..tends to be overcooked or too oily..my tummy can't take too oily stuff..will have bloated tummy. At least, my MIL tries to cook whatever I used to eat at home tho' don't taste like what my mom cooks leh..appreciate her efforts lor... As I prefer to eat veggie crunchy whereas they tend to overcooked it til soggy.. Nowadays, she'll take my portion out 1st b4 over oolong the rest of the veggie..so I've different plates of dishes for meals..hee..hee.. But I don't take their soup as they're simply too oil or too complicated taste.. Even the bird's nest cooked by MIL taste lousier..but daren't complain since she spent the $ & efforts to cook for me. In my earlier pregnancies, she'll buy & ask my mom to boil for me but now she'll boil directly for me since we're staying together. Tho I think my mom is the best mummy in the world, my brothers' wives have different opinions she's their MIL! Somehow moms will treat their daughters v well, definitely better than in-laws no matter what..

I think we all get v hyper when we talk abt MIL, haha.

My MIL is a career woman turned SAHM with maid. So she boss maid ard. She doesnt cook. Maid does. And she only use microwave. Totally different breed from my mum who is a wok person.

My dinner at MIL's place is always the same - ABC soup and all sorts of processed food e.g. nugget, fish fillet. My heart always leap (of cos cant show) when I get the occasional steam fish, pork etc. It's not she's stingy but her cooking skills just CMI....all the sauce are from some can etc....curry also.

My mum cooks everything from scratch if she can.

Tat day after my MIL made all her requests. She even told me must eat more, tell her what I like to eat...cos if bb doesnt eat enough in my tummy, she will slobber when she's born. So I said I crave for birdnest and tonic and my mum will brew for me. She =X. Haha, I was so satisfied.

Then again, I appreciate that she doesnt mind my bb is gal lah...cos entire family no boy.....so I was worried. So don't hiam too much, must accumulate good karma. Haha.

Jac - yah, my dogs r trained, know where to pee and pool and will obey all commands....I can even brg them to restaurant in dog bag w/o pple knowing....and even strangers praised them for being so obedient....they r v precious to me and hubby. So upset she even thought of locking them in storeroom. N best she said she only suggest to me not hubby cos hubby told her b4 the dogs cannot be "touched".

Jac - I wonder if the lady u saw was the same one I saw at bb kingdom. She kenna scolding by a customer. The guy told her to the effect of "Auntie - I nv see people sell things like that before. You cannot keep selling this to me. I told you I need this xxx you nv tell me whether this one can or not!"

I tot it was really amusing.

I find the hypermart folks better. In fact, saw the same hypermart guy at Taka fair (think he's the sup there) when we bought the Quinny stroller and he rem us and ask hw are we.

Agreed dogs can't be kt in the storeroom lah.. My ang mo neighbor leave the caring of their 2 dogs to their maid who's lazy to walk them so lock them in the backyard in the daytime when her bosses are not around. We can hear them crying every morning & their stinking poo in our backyard..complain that the poo stinks our clothes which are hung outside fir drying but the maid simply doesn't care...

Stardust, so funny!! Dogs cannot be touched den we have pets for what??

Yaya!! The suPer hardsell de is an auntie!! Really cmi lor.. If not for the fact that we thought the cot is no bad (6-in-1) and price is reasonable for us, we wun even wanna buy!!! Den we were looking at beddings, she also follow and keep asking us to buy! Siao lor... End up we didnt buy any beddings coz wanna see elsewhere compare material and price. Yap, hypermart have corners at taka fAir and I think the staff r not bad. We went back to the same area so many times and keep thinking, asking questions and trying.. The sa there didn't even "stalk" us around or push the items. We can have time on our own and when we have questions and need help, she will attend to us.

Cp, ur neighbour's maid really lazy leh... Nv complain to your neighbors?? Or talk to them abt it??

CP: I ordered mine but not shipped yet. As mentioned, I use comgateway so can consolidate the package and share the shipping cost from US to SG.

Stardust: If u get the angelcare one from US, depending on the model, the price should be no more than SG$100.

Jaq: My FIL told the maid but no use lor..told him must tell the angmo bosses but he piah say... The dogs they have are big ones..definitely need to walk them daily. Sometimes hear the dogs whining..v pitiful...

Joanne: So many models in Amazon... How much did you pay for yours? What function does it have?

Jac - cannot touch as in dont have ideas on them...haha. In any case, she cannot touch literally cos she has hypersensitive skin and is afraid of dogs...hahaha

Joanne - thanks. I shall let you know within these 2 days if I'm interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Joanne, ur set is brand new? Did you also get any adaptors cos think US is 110v. Dun think can just plug in and use

Hi mummies,

I'm doing my Doula course and for my certification I need to support two ladies thru their child birth. I'm a mum of two babies given birth naturally, first child without drugs so I know the experience of trying to go natural birth.

Would any mummies be willing to let me support you through your birth to achieve your perfect birth experience please PM me.. I will just have an angbao for my transport and helping you thru your perfect birth experience.i can be in the delivery room with your husband, so no worries about your husband not being able to attend your birth. Don't feel shy to approach me if you are a low income family. We can work something out :)

Hope to see your emails/PM soon.

Linda

More information about a doula and its benefits

http://transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/Doula/doulahome.htm

Dear admins, this is not really a advertisement, i just need to support mums thru their birth and i dont earn since the fee is covered for my transport only.

winniep, i heard it's ok to take pipagao during preg but i rather not take. Try drinking more water n buy starfruit. I just had sore throat 2 wks back n took like 3 starfuits n it recovered fast. Buy those yellowish ones so it's not so sour... n drown urself with water!

Gerald, thanks! manuka honey at home. i will go back and drink

cloud, i have been drowning water since morning. i think i drank like 1 litre plus liao.. i hate starfruit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] find that it got a weird taste..

Anyway thanks for your suggestions!

err manuka honey try not to mix water drink. just take spoonful put in mouth and let it slide down ur throat after few minutes. Mix water all the healing properties greatly reduced

Hello mummies,

I hope everyone here have a smooth delivery!

I am mother of 3 and all of them are breastfeed babies. I understand the stress of breastfeeding including worries about milk production.

I do dual breast pump rental in a reasonable price. You can choose to rent as low as one week.

Happy expressing and we all try our best for our babies!

Interested please pm me

Hi Jassie,

I did one round of pre-natal massage. It's nothing special but I do feel more relaxed thereafter. My tummy was not as tight (gynae told me I have irritable uterus due probably to stress and hence I have an extremely tight tummy) and I slept v well that nite! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cloud : dun take too many starfruit k.. it is a v v liang fruit thats why can clear heaty sore throats v fast!

re prenatal massages.. must choose from reputable ones.. my fwen anyhow engaged a malay lady and end up in early labour cos the person technically massaged and induced contractions for her..

hey stardust,

i think it is the aim of pre-natal massage: to make you relax!

I remember I slept very well after the pre-natal massage as well. Don' worry, I also have tight tummy on and off =) just relax

Sorry people. Was bz and didn't check the forum last few days.

Gerald: I bought a new set from ebay. I think some models use only batteries. Anyways, for me, I used quite a bit of US products so got the voltage transformer at home.

CP: the model i bought is Angelcare Baby AC201-2P Movement & Sound Monitor System. This uses 12 AA batteries lol! I bought the one that got sound and movement with 2 rooms monitors.

WinnieP- I did it at auriga spa at Capella sentosa. $150 for an hr. V attentive care n hv full access to all other facilities but some they do not advise mtbs to use. They hv a pkg. Pay for 8 but get 10. Can share with other pple. V tempted but so ex..

Jessyy- thanks. Yah I try to relax more else my tummy feel like it's splitting :p

hi mummies! How's everyone? Our thread quite quiet lately, is everyone at FB instead?

MIL

wah Stardust, i thot such difficult MIL only found in TV dramas. Night shift is supposedly the toughest, yet MIL dun want to take at all? At least take turns mah.... and all the other demands... If you not staying with them also cannot hire CL? Coz sometimes the way MIL handle bb may not be what we want yet cannot say them. End up you might be miserable with MIL taking care of bb. My mum is anti-breastfeeding, so I'm glad she didn't offer to take care of me during confinement else sure got conflict. MIL also bo-chup and I can't click with her. So have to spend $$ on CL.

Online shopping

I was planning to get baby monitor & breast pumps thru Amazon, but what about the voltage & adaptor ah? Anyone bought US electrical pdts got any problem using in Spore? How to get it work in Spore?

Baby Kingdom

Are the things there really cheaper? I've yet to go but after hearing Jac's bad experience, I wonder if I should just target on something I want then just go there see price, instead of my original plan of going there to check out items for comparison. Base on their website, I got target their baby cot. I scared I buay tahan will just walk off w/o buying anything.

Massage / tight tummy

I dun dare to go for pre-natal massage, in case the therapist massage wrongly and cause problems for bb.

I have tight tummy on/off too. Wonder if it's bec of bb's position, or skin stretching or bloatedness?

Next wk going for check-up liao. Put on 1 kg since a mth ago, hope it goes to bb not me!

Calling all mum to be,

Congratulation on your pregnancy. During this journey of full of ups and down but mostly the anticipation of the arrival lil bundle of joy, we are so much concern of what we eat.

Essential amino acids, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals including folate (folic acid) are extremely important in fetal development. Omega-3's are very important to nourish the developing brain of the baby, too. Besides getting Omega 3 supplement, you can get from raw food, The Miracle Seed.

Hope on to http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/5901311.html?1313549868

to find out more

Chan PL: I bought the Medela Freestyle breastpump from US, for this particular model didn't require any voltage transformer, just need an adapter for the plug. You on FB? It's quite lively in there, we're trading photos of our bump! :D

stardust: Waaaah the prenatal massage sounds really shiok! But $125 for an hour a bit painful on the pockets, although I'm really yearning for a good massage now, aching all over haha.

chan P L, i went both kingdom and hypermart before and the experience was ok...maybe just didn't meet that particular lady...

i guess many people are in FB cos can get updates of topics they are interested in...easier to stay informed compared to here...LOL...

Hello mummies,

Can I also be added into the fb group?

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I have lobang...

70 X120 de waterproof mattress sheet

Bamboo fibre - $15 FOC post

Cotton terry - $ 13 FOC post... anyone interested????

BP: selling $22 and $20

i was also thinking y the thread seems pretty quiet these days.. everyone busy at work?

if everyone's on FB, can i be added too? how to do that?

Not sure if anyone's experiencing the same as me.. I've been feeling sick! stuffy nose, flu, especially from the evening! Not sure if its due to being pregnant. I didn't experience this for my #1....

Cjdg, Im sick too! Had sore throat and flu. The med my gp gave me is super drowsy. I took once only yday when I was on mc. And concuss the whole afternoon. Then I stopped taking cos if I did I won't b able to come to work today.

Hi everyone, pls add me on FB group too. Thanks!

[email protected]

I guess from the charts, I am the only one who will deliver my boy in SGH. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamaAsh! back from your cruise???

time to update the table...i think many more has found out BB's gender already...

mine's BB Meredith Chua!

yallo- hehe, yah, damn shiok. Felt like queen but the price is queen prize lor. The whole spa only one changing rm and book liao, dont go still charge, veri exclusive. It's like you wont see anyone kind. haha.

Dawn - u hv more photos of the protector sheet? Wt's the diff between the 2 types?

Dawn: What's the mattress protector sheet for? Will it make the bed hotter for the baby?

AC: I did think of naming my daughter Meredith last time but hubby thot it sounded too British tho I think it's v ladylike... We settled for Nicole as ai was a bif fan of Nicole Kidman & hope my girl will be as pretty as her..hee.hee.. Anyway no chance to use this name liao since I'm now expecting w boy...

Ya, think I falling siCk frm lack of rest.. Since I had #1 till now, there isn't many nights that I can sleep through e night!

U ladies are fast! I haven think of name for my bb yet!

Ya, I also wonder y we need the mattress protector.. Besides for use with bb, is it also for use nearer to delivery in case waterbag burst??

Hi mummies & daddy!!

Sorry was really busy here... I will update e table tmr afternoon, will be gg for chiro appt tmr morning, my back is killing me!!!

I had some req to join e fb group, can u pls send me a message or pm me to let me know who u r b4 I add u, hope to keep e group clean... Thx!!

Stardust & CP: its waterproof, prevent wetness... as newborn stage, they tend to "vomit" like merlion... dun know how to explain this... but its normal coz they can't accept the milk etc....

also incase of urine etc...accidents do happen sometimes...

here is the pic... upload in to my album, dun wanna flood here

https://picasaweb.google.com/115159352868849094674/WaterproofMattressSheetPillowCase#

Bamboo fibre is said to be more absorbent, with natural anti bacterial, anti dustmite, gd for asthma/ those with sensitive nose

Back