(2011/12) Dec 2011

My boy can also finish 140ml within 10min on bottle! Drink halfway, burp him. When latched, I put him 15-20min on one side then 10min on the 2nd breast, burp when changing side.

Mine takes 30mins incl tv watching and burping time sia. How come you guys feed so fast one? Then the rest of the time...do what ah?

Mine worse, need to coax, talk and sing before drinking the most 60ml from the bottle. That takes me 30min everyday. End up still have to latch her. Will have to startthe cold turkey on her in April cos going infant care in may.

Yoyosan: usually feed after he wakes, so when he fuss after latch, hug, still fuss then feed FM.

CIO: sigh, he still cries during afternoon naps. Often not able to settle till next feed. Then he will just feed and go straight to sleep. Night feeds he is ok, eat already then zzz.

SQin, how to know how deep to poke in order to burst? I use fingernail scrap scrap, pain. U go anywhere before where they show u how to burst it? Does gp do it or must go to LC?

Ejunko, rest of the time slowly change diaper, sing song, carry around, put on bed and let them kick around lor. Haha. Yours have a fixed routine so easier for you to know when's next ko.

Ejunko, my boy everytime drink milk very scared ppl snatch the milk from him like that. Even if we try to burp him halfway, he will fuss. So less than 10min, he will settle it.

Yoyosan, I burst myself. I use fingernails to burst them like squeeze pimple like that, dunnoe correct or not but managed to burst lar. Very painful lar, but no choice. Once burst, u press the engorged area in ur breast, the milk will flow out. Then can clear it. I showed my gynae the white spots, she said it's ok, just need to keep clearing the milk. I found that supply always drop after blockage/engorgement, then have to pump and pump to get the supply back. So thk quickly clear it bah. Read some info online. U can check this website http://www.babycenter.com.sg/baby/breastfeeding/problemsandsolutions/

Yoyosan: No lah, even when schedule went off i make sure he ko within 1hr and 20mins from time of active, else he will get over tired then very hard to coax le.

SQin: Mine also super ganchiong with his milk...but things change when we on the TV...sigh duno to cry or to laugh~

SQin, then got to squeeze nipple till pain like crazy to have the white spot pop out?

Ejunko, ya, tv! Mine watches when I on tv during latching. Can bend backwards all the way back just to see, cos I purposely block her. Can give up milk for tv. Ai. Not suppose to let them watch tv so young.

Yoyosan, ur baby so cute! Maybe she's attracted to the sound and flashing light from tv. Their eyesight still not that good, may not be able to make out clearly what's on tv at this stage.

My mum said when I was younger, I loved tv commercials so much that I can climb out of the yaolan myself at night when I heard the commercials. So she and my dad had to watch mute tv. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks SQin for the link! The one I got was the internal blocked milk duct, no white spot at the nipple. The poking and squeezing sound very painful!

Yoyosan, just squeeze burst the white spots. Yar.. Could be painful. Or if u scared go see gynae abt this? I not sure if gp can do it or not... Or get sterile needle? Maybe not as painful as squeezing with nails. But after bursting, sometimes the nipples will hurt during latching. I used to it alr... Haha. I also have breast pain sometimes. Hope it is normal.

Any plans for this weekend? Mothercare sales still on this weekend. Got baby fair at taka too. May be going to the taka fair.

Aiyo my boy suddenly screams for more milk! Since yesterday! Instead of the usual 120ml, he now cries for 150ml! Thats very kuazhang! Why liddat?

Then he sleeps very little too, at most 1.5hr then will wake up. But wont be fussing till another hr later.

Is it growth spurt? How much can i feed? Till he shiok?

He seems to want more, but because he keeps kicking ended up reflux. -_-"

If vomiting then better don't give too much. Do more frequent feeds? Usually growth spurt is more frequent feedings, like tangerine's, up to 10 to 11 feeds per day.

hello mommies my bb going to be 3rd mth in few days time. Experiencing a change in pattern (feed, sleep, play) for her.. u all also mah?

blockage- yah, must squeeze if the white spot and if my inside breast is hard i either use pump full force to squeeze all out or kip get bb suck out (of course need massage prior to that esle the hardness wont go away). the white thing on nipple not so pain. once i got a pimple pus that grew on my aerola/ nipple and i mistook it for sore nipple till the pus grew red big and pain!! finally i force it out by squeezing, pain factor almost similar to contractions!

Expressing at office really not easy. mommies working will express till 6th mth or longer?

Hello every mummy!

I went bk to work last wed.. A bit forgot some work processes.. Hahaa.. Evie is adapting well to the infant care. Initially I'm quite worried.. But now ok le..

But hor, I wanna chg her to e newly opened IFC at my house downstairs. Currently she's at amk. So e whole worry thing start all over again..

Yoyosan,

I had mastitis on e 3rd week, then blocked ducts several times. What I do is massage then pump for 5mins, stop then massage n pump 5mins, repeat for 30mins or until u feel that e blocked duct is cleared..

Bunny, I will try to pump as long as possible lor. First time, milk supply dried up at 7.5months, 2nd time, dried up at 8 months. Hopefully this time can last longer. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Curry, u mentioned ur sis at current IFC mah. Got discount some more. Change already no one keep a close look on baby for u?

Came back from taka baby fair. Got my pink bumbo seat! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yi chin,

That's y I very headache loh.. Coz currently my mum n maid will send her every morning.. Then fetch her time either my in laws or my mum. But if both cannot make it, I hv to take cab n pick her. E good thing abt e IFC downstairs is that I don't hv to worry abt transport at all.. Sigh.. Dilemma leh.. If u were me what will u do ah?

Hi mummies, which stroller or pram are you using? Any good comments? Anyone of you using quinny zapp xtra? Is it easy to handle when you are out alone with your baby?

Snowy,

I'm using maclaren techno XT, not bad, can sit fr newborn till 20kg.

Lay leng,

Didn't encounter much changes when my baby turned 3 months leh..

Curry, I will choose the one with better standard of care.

I used to put my girls in the IFC cum child care at my work place. Very cheap with staff rate, only $100+ per child and convenient, can pop down whenever I want. However the teachers very slack, my girls kena bitten by other kids, fell many times with injury and got frequent diaper rash until the perineal area became so red and raw. Even had to keep her at home for 1 week each time for diaper rash to recover! I saw one teacher pulling my girl up at her armpit to lift her up!

I even complaint to mcys but still no improvement. Because of the cheap staff rate, their waiting list is forever so long. The principal can't be bothered to take any feedback as there are 40 other people waiting to take my children's place. In the end I took both of them out to put in a child are near my place, $600 per child. But no more injury and the new centre has better cirriculum. My eldest girl can write her own name within 2 months of going there.

So for #3, I'll never put her back at the old IFC despite the cheap fee.

So maybe observe the new centre first, esp how the teachers take care of the babies. If can, speak to parents who put their babies there for their feedback. If u comfortable with the standard of care, then decide on ur choice. Cos I agree with u that transport is another important issue to take into consideration. I need to rush off everyday to meet the closing time of 7pm at the new centre.

@Lay Leng same.. my ger feed drop too these days. drop like 40-60ml for me. duno normal anot, but i will check with PD on her 4th mth jab if this contd.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning!

Maybe baby eats less now cos their rate of growth drops? After 3 mths they actually gain weight slower. If u look at the growth chart, the graph flattens out after abt 3mth. I don't know how much my boy eats cos he's latched on. But the feeding frequency has decreased, and the amt of time he latches on hasn't increased. So I guess he's eating lesser too. Mine seemed to have a growth spurt last week when he ate more often than before, but has since gone back to "normal".

Yi chin, thanks for the advice..

The thing is that they r not operating yet.. So I can't 'see' how the care givers handle the babies..

=( very luan..

My boy just had a 5-in-1 and prevenar jab today. And he has been sleeping since the jab, for 2+ hrs! Normal right?

Curry: So good you have an IFC opening just downstairs!

LayLeng: My boy has reduced feed to 100ml since weeks ago..

Bunny: Drop to 40-60ml sounds little. How long can it last her?

Snowy: Im using cybex stroller and car seat. Quite ok i guess...

Curry, good thing about new centre, their occupancy not full yet, so teachers will be taking care of lesser babies. Unless u staying in estate with many young children, then may fill up quite fast.

Now that our darlings are turning 3 months one by one, getting more predictable and manageable, do mummies want to come out for gathering? Can come to my place at Bukit panjang for lunch if u like. We can order pizza, KFC or McDonald's? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sorry what i meant is the drop is 40-60ml. she last time feeds 170-200, now only 100-130ml..

as long as its normal im fine cos i see a few mommies also same here their bb drop in feed.

@Yichin well my bb grew more unpredictable as she is 3 mths old.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@girl ya, that time 2nd mth she had her jab she kip zzzz and zzzz & no appetie. normal. (ok this is bad.. but i felt quite relieved then cos she was so easy to take care after jab! Only abit stressed if she has fever anot.)

Bunny: mine also dropped since 2weeks ago, but few days back he suddenly screams for more...very unpredictable~

Yi Chin: When you free? I need to go bpp diaso one of these days, perhaps we can meet up...who else stay bpp? Lim kopi/teh or jiat bao ai mai? =D

snowyotaru: I have a Polka Basic, Combi Urban Walker Prestige and a Emmaljunga City Cerox...there goes my storeroom...

I heard good reviews of Quinny system, the only thing is it has very lil space to put diaper bag and stuffs. If you have lil things to carry then i guess its not a bad choice.

Tangerine: prevenar jab is for pneumococcal vaccination.

Too bad i live so far in Sengkang..if not, would love to meet up! Anyone of you already taking coffee/tea and still breastfeeding? Do you think it has an effect on your bb?

Ejunko and tangerine, very free, any day also can. Any preferred date for tangerine since u stay further away?

I drink teh c beng or gong cha every few days.

Girltradester, are u referring to caffeine or wind in baby's tummy?

Yar I also stay very far fr bp. Go ur house or meet outside? If go house, easier to handle the babies? Haha.

Girltradester, I can meet u at compass pt. heh.

I always drink tea now.. Almost everyday. Have cravings for bubble tea since pregnant. Now I still sometimes drive out just to buy a cup of koi or gong cha.

Yi Chin, i was referring to caffeine. Have been resisting drinking teh & starbucks =P Oo...actually i can drink decaf like Tangerine hor. Idea! =)

SQin, oh yar, think our hubbies talked about meeting up some time ago..When are you returning to work? I am starting work next Friday.

Mummies, if bpp too far we can also meet in town or something, go gaigai? I need to update wardrobe man...buy BIGGER SIZE CLOTHINGS! Lol.

girltradester: Still no kopi/tea for me, not even sodas. No more craving lah since it has been soooo long. The only thing im eyeing on is BIRU, cowboy, pineapple malibu and all the unhealthy stuffs. =X =P =D

@SQin & tangerine-->every 4 hr or so. no lah, i feel not alot cos her pay day feed around 5-6 time only. but now.. she feed max 150 (mostly ard 100-150)

working now and i do drink coffee daily [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i limit max 1 cup. no coffee really stoned dey...

ejunko: talking about updating wardrobe..i have kept away 95% of my pre-pregnancy clothes. Last week bought some new clothes for work, got happy when the salesgirl advised that i can fit into M size for some designs. *cheap thrill*

I'm ok with anywhere cos I drive. Shopping in a group with babies a bit hard leh. Got any chill out place that's not so crowded? Actually now school hols everywhere also crowded!

Girltradester: I have been drinking bubble tea often since I was pregnant. Now still drinking v often, and almost everyday must drink milk tea. Worse, now eat chocolate often too....fat fat fat!

girltradester: lol i leave them in the wardrobe to remind myself i NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT! But its nt working apparently haahahah!

Tangerine: To chill with less crowd I can only think of Holland V, percentage of people is 10% to that of JP lol.

Sad, I can't join lunch. My elder gal comes back at noon.

Ejunko, I also have same idea 3yrs back. Keep my pre preg clothes in sight to motivate me. But 3 yrs later, just taking more space, can't wear. Now just nursing wear, worse, few clothings so super bored with my current wardrobe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back