(2011/11) Nov 2011

Little bb - same here. Like d body temp regulator went wrong. Feels d chills n put blanket but end up soaked in sweat. Too hot remove blanket but feel chilly. Wanna nap between pumps oso hard cos either too hot or cold.

Snowwhite- my cl Keep it warm in a cup of warm water n try to let bb consume within an hr. Else will discard. Y not u take lesser amt each time to reduce wastage?

Shugar, so ur bb already suckling well but just not latching on properly that's y u got the LC to visit?

Serene, wow ur milk so fast.come in. Mine was still colostrum n not yet mature lmilk when I discharge.

Aircon

Me too, I on Aircon but still hot n sweaty. Got to wait awhile for body temp to regulate then switch back to 27/28 degrees else it's 26 or 25. My mum keep. Nagging me for taking off my top when ebm say wind will go in But I duno y I feel damn hot during expressing, now I try to keep top on n wear my t shirt like sweater.

Twink, my bb would latch on, then pull off n cry... I hv strong let down that chokes her n makes her upset. So Betty taught me some ways to handle that issue. But now my bb mostly fed ebm coz I was too tired n when latch her, it only lasts 2 hrs. Ebm she can sleep up to 4 hrs.

Twink - i was surprise too n by day 6 my bb is already on total ebm. Now my freezer already full with my ebm

Shugar - when i latch my gal it can only last her at the most 1 hr if she doesn't sleep so sometime i prefer to give bottle than latch.

Serene/shugar,

Me too, for latch sometimes can only last for 1hr or 1hr plus, which I feel too short timing, now also prefer feed with bottle...

Did LC say is the bb suction not strong? Thus, they latch and get not much milk??

Evelyn,

Yes my bb suction was strong but maybe 15 per side is not enough for her. I will still latch her once a day just for bonding and glad that she has no nipple confusion.

Hi mommies

How is everybody? Finally i can read newspaper and go online at ease now that #2 is napping. Have been stressed with #2 lately. Just brought him to see pd last wed when we realized he never poo and have been straining his face red forcing out gas. Seems like he has tummy cramp as well and kept grunting every min esp night time. Not easy for him to sleep so keep wanting to suckle and latch like every hr. Hb and i r totally drained by #2. Then #1 training to sleep on her own w #2. Kinda stressed.

After CL left, bb was attached to CL so last week was killing hb and me. Finally #2 accepted hb' smell and carrying. I dun seem to be good at making bb sleep after feed. I was like dat when i had #1. When i looked at how easy my mil and mom make #2 sleep, i felt they have magic hands. Even hb can make bb sleep easily if he is feeding well.

NOw that bb#2 is having colic which i was shocked as he was bf like 90% and only 1 feed in middle of nite. Then we thought maybe full strength fm too tough on the bb' tummy. I was thinking bb' digestive system not well developed so got problem digesting bm and fm and keep farting with no stool. Then he was grunting and straying his body from 1am till 6am w disturbed sleep. Thought he is lactose intolerant and worried then brought him to c pd. Realised he is colic! Now he is on probiotics solution and anti colic solution.

Thought i can be a little lazy by giving fm at nite but #2 dun seem to be ok. Quite stressed and drained with providing bm and taking care of #2 and housework. Decide to try tingkat this week and see ow it goes for half a month.

I may be a 2nd time mom but i must say bf is really tiring and draining esp if bb is preterm/having problems and handling a older kid.

Massage

I have yet to start and already past 1mth so dun know if it still works for me. I lost some weight during confinement but immediately after that i gained a few more kg. Dunnoe if it is due to the outside food i have been taking since cl left. So I'm giving myself 6-9 mths to lose another 12-13kg before I'm back to pre-pregancny wt.

Vaccination

Are u all settle on the vaccination? Im thinking of delaying the jab to 2nd mth and go for 6-in-1 to skip 1 dose of injection.

CDA

Have everybody signed up? Just sent my form last week to mcys and din know so troublesome to set up cad account. Govt shd streamlined it easier for parents and go the to bank to do cda account and centralized it between govt/mcys and banks. So ma fang.

hi simp - nice to hv u bk [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CDA - am too tired to touch on it. will leave it to hubby. heard him say it's mafan too, hv to mail in separately etc etc

Vaccination - oh if we wan the 6 in 1 we can dun take the jab for 2nd mth?

hope ur #2 is beta now. my gal oso might be havin slight colic. am monitoring n will bring to pd if her behaviour turns abnormal.

am askin hubby to carry her durin wkends more n feed her so she used to his smell n can handle when cl leaves nex wk.

Hi simp and iselle,

Most of the mummies are now on Facebook. Join us in FB if u can, simp.

CDA

I submit all the document to tmc ocbc counter when I went back for PD review. Even the green form is also submitted to there as what the girl told me to.

Vaccination

I tot if we going for 6 in 1, we will go to GP or polyclinic for the jab will do. Do we still need to go for the jab on 1st month??

Magic hands

I also feel my hb and CL have magic hands to make my gal sleep soundly. I think I'm her food source to her, once I get close to hug or carry her, her mouth open automatically, even though I'm training her on bottle feed now. Haiz.

Is-elle and Jean>>>Hb tried to submit everything to ocbc then they say need to send to mcys first. Wanted to do for #1 and #2 together to start cda account. Find it troublesome. Now pending mcys letter for #2 to open cda.

Vaccination

Last time i sent my girl to do jab after 1st mth then when i wanted to opt for 6-in-1 already cannot as we did the jab after her 1st mth. This time, i check with pd' nurse, told me that the latest i can do the hep b jab (after 1st mth) is by end of bb' 2nd month which will be included in 6-in-1 package. So mom who already sent bb for hep b jab end of their 1st mth, the package will be 5-in-1 instead. Hope this is not confusing.

Colic

I think it is getting better day by day but hear from hb that it will go off by end of 3rd mth. But my anti-colic medication dun think can last so long. So i need to buy and use during nite time.

Super long never log into forum, hows everyone?

Finally settling into some sort of routine with my 11-day old baby and getting used to my CL's ways. Was initially very stressed up with bf, keep telling myself must latch on for every feed, incl night feeds, until realized body really cannot take it, plus emotionally drained and keep crying when I hear my baby crying.

Although now still playing catchup with my gal's feed cos of her recent growth spurt, need to supp 1-2 feeds with fm, but am ok with it and not putting too much stress on myself already. Can feel that milk flow is coming in, just need to persevere and will eventually reach 100% bf. Alot of things cannot compare wan, do our best can already.

Bf is really not easy. Overslept for my night pumping and ended up with engorged and dripping breasts =P Very messy and pek chek. But still, must persevere!

Vaccination

So confused over all the vaccination jabs. When in hospital, baby did not take the Hep B jab so today we went down to polyclinic to take it. Nurse insists that we must test baby for jaundice again before allowing the jab, although we told her that baby was just tested for jaundice yesterday and cleared at TMC! Refused to allow them to draw blood from my baby again, so in the end went to the Dr and clarified that we can dun take the Hep B jab if we opted for 6-in-1 jab in future.

Now still considering all the options - 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 etc etc before we decide. So confusing and so many jabs! Last time we dun need so many jabs right? Plus some say 6-in-1 might be too strong for baby... Hmmm...

Time is just passing by in a blur now. Getting used to being constantly sweaty, smelly and tired. Hubby has so far been a great pillar of support, hope I dun emo so much when he goes back to work later this week.

Cynn,

Go for 6 in 1 since is lesser jab than 5 in 1, cover more protection. Only need to go polyclinic 3 times within 6mths instead of every month.

Is not easy to be moo moo mummies. I also miss my nite pump most of the time. Only managed to wake up once instead of twice. My CL also top up fm for my gal 2-4 times depend on her appetite.

So tiring for midnite pumping...haiz

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and need some advice from u mommies.

Not too sure if anyone is going thru what I am going thru now. I delivered my bb via c sect on the 21 nov however was suffering from a side effect from epidual called the spinal headache. Due to this, I was unable to get out of the bed for almost a week which caused the bf extremely difficult. In the end when we reached home, we decided to express it out and feed the bb thru bottle.

But this is not the main prob tat I'm facing. As a ftm, I'm totally lost and clueless on how to take care of a newborn. Since the day I came home till now, I can't stop crying. The feeling of lost, fear and helpless is so overwhelming. I do have support from my mom but she is also not ery experienced. My husband is my only mental support. However he has started to go back to work and whenever I'm left alone with the bb I just can't stop crying.

I dunno if I'm suffering from any post natal depression and dunno if anyone is facing the same situation as me. It's already 16 days but I'm still crying in the middle of the night now.

Valerie,

U r not alone. Many ftm is also facing the same problem. We need time adapt to a young little life just liked u need time to know ur hb when dating....I do feel u need to highlight ur issue to ur gynae. If u think u can't handle the problem, talk to someone close, hand the problem to ur loved one to take over. Dun keep it to heart.

Hi Valerie, i guess you are going thru the emotional hormones changes. Some of the mummies here did tears too.. Are you taking care of the baby day & nights by yourself now?

try to talk to your mum and husband, at least let them know how you feel and you definitely need their support. For yourself, think postive too, everything we doing now is for the good of our bb. You must stay strong mentally.

Hi Valerie, I also just gave birth on 12 Nov. After discharging from the hospital, I was constantly in tears. I was really afraid and breastfeeding was super hard for me. I had problems latching on and really wanted to give up. My nipples were all sore and bloody. I cry at the smallest things and even in front of my gynea! Luckily my confinement lady took care of most of the baby stuffs except the feeding. My hubby after seeing how distressed I was, also provided me with emotional support. But I still feel super inadequate as I cannot seem to provide enough milk for my baby. This led me to be very stressed and my milk supply became worse. However, after talking to experienced mummies, I realize that I need to take things easy, kan4 kai1. If I cannot latch on, then I will express, if express not enough, then I use formula... the stress dropped and I was finally able to enjoy my baby... before that when I looked at my baby I feel so sorry for him that he has such an inadequate mother. But after I read many forums and books and talk to ppl, I realize that I need to be strong for my baby and that the most important thing he needs from me is not bm but love and care. The post-natal blues will go away but we have to be strong so that the blues go away faster! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Ganbatte! and Be strong!

Dear mummies, i need your advice. I gave birth on 25th nov and am a ftm.

1) I had prob bfing my baby girl while latching on resulting in sore and bloody nipples. Hence, no choice muct express milk for her. She is currently on tbm but it's talking a toll on me as i need to express very 2.5 hours in order to provide enuff for her.

2) Engorgement. It's so painful and i really feel like stopping bfing and give formula as i will be away from my baby soon and i need advice on how to stop production of milk nearer to date and how long does the process take for milk to stop producing.

3) Baby is 13 days old and can drink 80-110ml per feed every 2.5 hours is that too much?

It's really not easy being a mummy.

sigh....my EBM supply can varies from 100-160ml each pump...don't know why so inconsistent.. when it is 100ml, felt so demoralizing...spending the same amt of time but get so little rewards... although u hv been drinking the papaya soup almost every alternate days but feel no help in the supply at all...

just now my bb was cranky and I carried her..but she still continue crying...but when CL carried her she stopped immediately... I felt so sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Feel so continue to let BB latch as least I can get some physical bonding with her.... sob sob...

Hi Valerie,

Like what the other mummies say, you are not alone. Our hormones are going crazy, and it's easy for small things to trigger us off. Yesterday while at the polyclinic, when I hear that the nurse wanna draw blood out from my gal again to check for jaundice, I oso wanna cry in front of her! Haha...

It is very important to talk to other people - if you feel like you can't talk to your mum, call up your friends and chat. I always feel much better after ranting or complaining to my hb or friends. Watch tv or surf the net to take your mind off your baby for awhile, it's ok to do so, not being a bad mother. However if things do get worse, seek professional help k. Nothing to be embarrassed about, all new mothers go through this phase now and then. Take good care and hopefully our experiences in this forum will help you out.

kaelynn,

One of the mummies had to pop some pills to stop the milk production. You might wanna check with your gynae on this.

I think diff babies might have diff appetities - Mine is 12 day old now, this morning wolfed down almost 130ml within 3 hrs! I think my CL fed her more cos wanna stop her crying in the wee hrs lor =P But she regurgitated quite abit after dat, so heartpain for my bm.... Usually she drinks about 80-90ml every 4hrs-5hrs.

Sammi,

So far I can only hit around 70-80ml per pump, playing catchup is not easy. Somemore mine is a single pump, taking double the time to express and yet same result haiz. As baby is on EBM most of the time, really missed the bonding during latching, but she tends to fall asleep very easily while latching and then wakes up very soon cos hungry. Dilemma dilemma....

cyn, mine is a dual pump but i still need to pump each side one at a time as my left side need a lower sauction. Also, i need to massage and pump at the same time then the milk ducts will open up....so it took me double time as well...

my hubby ask me to give up at times but knowing BM is beneficial to bb, just have to endure and be persistent to carry on.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6417865.jpg]

100% Cotton Hanky/WashCloth from Korea

1 Pack (10 pcs) - $8.90 each (Less than $1 a piece!)

Above 3 packs - $8.50 each

I want to introduce this 100% cotton hanky for babies. It's brought in from Korea and I personally use no other hankies/wash cloths but these for my 1 year old baby. Since she was born till now, I have been using these hankies as washcloth for her face and body (even my CL says its very good and she has never seen it before!).

They are also used as burp clothes and her hanky for going out. In her first 6 months, she has slight reflux and frequently threw up. I prefered to use these cloths instead of tissue paper as they are much gentler to the skin.

It's super soft, thin, washes and dries easily and very cheap too! It can be washed over and over again in the washing machine and doesn't tear easily.

They come in packs of 10 at $8.90 each. If you get 3 packs and more, its $8.50. Postage is calculated separately or collection can be arranged.

PM me if keen. Thanks

Kaelynn, mine is different too! Right side produces 3x of left side... Tried pumping left Side more to stimulate supply but no use... Anyway end up my righ breast is bigger than my left ;((

Read that it's normal to hv diff boob yielding diff amt of bm. Mine are also diff.... Left side more fhan right :p

Hi mummies,

I am here to assist those who is not aware of anything on ugrading you and your child medishield plan..

Basically you can upgrade just by deducting the medisave account.

As long as you are working , you will have sufficient amount in your medisave to deduct .

This is to get a comprehensive hospitalisation coverage in the case of emergency.

Anyone had not done so or do not have a existing consultant to assist ?

Please contact me at 82225541 Brenda to find out more. No obligation , no worries.

Oh ya, I am a mummy of 2 hence in a way I think if we can get to claim more in that event (Most common : Dengue ?) .. why not?

Felixp - urs reali vary a lot but since it's normal it's ok Ba. As long as u hv Bm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mine same as kaelynn can b 2x more at x

Sammi- my ss varies much more so I can perfectly understand d demoralizing part when it's low yield. I can get up to 180ml once then it can dipped to 70ml and d rest hover at 100ml thou hrly interval is d same. Sigh.. Not sure if its normal or something tat we not doin right?

Kaelynn - u can put cold cabbage n wrap ard ur breasts. D enzymes will slow down n eventually stop milk production if u use it consistently. I tink it depends on individual when it'll totally stop. My Gf took 1wk+ wi d cold cabbage method.

Oso u Shd feed fm early if u r leavin bb soon so bb can get used n u will noe if tat brand of fm is suitable...

Mummies- I left 1 wk of confinement n find my temperature regulating slowly returnin to normal. Hope u too!!

Valerie - hang in there! We all here feel v emo n tears flow v easily n naturally so dun worry too much! U get a cl to help u?

is-elle: my baby was on fm while on the hospital. She's only on ebm for slightly more than a week. Tried feeding her fm this morning and she finished it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've tried cold cabbage for 2 days before to relieve emgorgement. It's kinda effective however to put anything cold on my body now sure kana nag big time. Left with 2 more weeks of confinement will have to tahan until then

hi mummie

i delivered on 29.11 n want to ask for hospitisation leave b4 deliver within 4 wks. My hr said counted as maternity leave n cant enjoy e mc its stated in employment act. Is tt true?

tuete cottage - yes ur hr is right. u can go MOM website to verify too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kaelynn - glad to noe ur bb is ok with fm. my pd reco another brand aft she seem unsuitable for for the 1 i bought.

tuete_cottage: It's true cos i also took 1 month prior to my edd and it's counted as my maternity leave.

is-elle: i gave her mamex. You complementing fm with bm too?

tuete - i tot i saw it but now i went bk i cant find it. maybe it's stated in my co leave guidelines instead..

kaelynn - 1 was supplementing fm in 1st wk, now can total bm.

Hi All Mummies,

letting it @$60, very gd condition}

Even the tiniest of explorers will love going for a swing in the rainforest! With frog & toucan plush friends as guides (they live on the swing-away mobile), baby can enjoy 7 rainforest songs and 5 different swing speeds. Then, just fold up baby’s rainforest fun and take it to Grandma’s, or even on holiday. Convenient carry handles on each side let you carry it from room to room, even with baby in it! An open top design lets you take baby in & out easily and a 3-point restraint holds baby securely in place. Swing also features volume control.

Requires 4 “C” (LR14) alkaline batteries (not included).

Maximum weight: Birth to 25 lbs. (11.3 kg)

if interested can SmS me 83333409 or Pm me.

Thank u

very envy those mummies which are breast feed successfully..

I'm still trying to breast feed but my milk is very little.. only can express 10 ml every 4-5 hours..

Tried the sacred tea that Serene drank and fenugreek but still not improve at all from day 3 till now .. my bb latch during the day time but not enough at all.. so bo pian must give her FM.. at nite also must give her fm.

any other things that i can do to increase my milk?

Meplaa> u got try the green papaya fish soup? That soup is gd for many mummies .. My supply is not very gd and only manage to express 60ml each time every 3-4 hrs but aft I drink the papaya soup manage to get 100 ml average.. I am happy for this increasement as better than nothing .. But I still Feed my bb fm at night and let her drink Ebm in the day only and extra I keep in freezer ..

Meplaa> I same as Kiam Kiam, previously each time is abt 60-80ml every 3-4 hs..I'm day 27 now, last 3 days tried the green papaya + fish bone soup, then able to get 90-100ml each time now.. got increment.. I also tried the sacred tea in last week..

Think keep on drink more water everyday, red date tea + scacred tea, then every meal drink the soup..as Serene say try to pump 3-4 hrly..

Right now I pump 6 times in a day, as night time really tired, i only wake up once, either 2 or 3am, night time can get more, think interval is already 5 or 6 hr, and with more rest, i can get more, normally is 150mls.

Meplaa, we all jia you together, my colleague tell me must keep on pump and drink more water, it may help.. some ppls milk can come after 1 mth deh..

Meplaa,

What evelyn say is true...keep pumping, drink more water, more soup, more tea...and rest more...will get more milk

My gal is 23 days old now. My pump out is only 40-70ml each time...and is not regular...if I rest more, I will get more milk...

I also on fenugreek, but find the increasement very slow even after 1 bottle...I'm trying Lactagreek (my SIL got it from her friend's gynae - will update u if this really works) for few days now, it does help a bit...so I'm still persist in the pills and pumping...

Dun give up. Is ok to give ur bb fm, as long as they drink a bit of BM, they will get the best of both...

Before you pump or bf your baby, take a hot towel put on your breast and massage it plus drink more water. When I in confinement, my cl give me drink lots of milo and soup before feeding my bb. I only manage to feed 2.5mth as I have to attend to my elder son to school the time will clash sometime on breastfeeding. My in-law all working nobody help. I got to teach my son, cook breastfast and lunch for my elder son. Clean and tidy house, breast feed time very tight. I no choice but to slowly switch to fm but luckily my bb adapt well. He is eating porridge now and drink fm 180ml per 2-3hour. The only sad thing is there is a brown patch on his left cheek which I think I pass to him as my elbow also have. I hope it won't link to any problem as I m doing fine.

hello, don't u all feel the stress n sore in nipple when pump so often? i ok to wake up and pump at 3 hr interval, but smehow its the sore nipple that put me off.

My baby now is 9 month le. I just like to share my experience you all. I start my boy with cereal than around 5 month slowly porridge than now sometime with rice plus bite size broccoli and mince meat. After an hour when he eat porridge over he will ask for his fm. He now got try eating cheese.

Dear all I previously have very little milk supply too 60ml if I was lucky but after massage 10 days of breast massage my engorgement gone and I can ebm 160ml. I realize drinking alot of fluid helps too.

Dear all I previously have very little milk supply too 60ml if I was lucky but after massage 10 days of breast massage my engorgement gone and I can ebm 160ml. I realize drinking alot of fluid helps too.

Hi mummies, I'm from 2012 thread. I'm looking for confinement lady. Is there any good ones u can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Back