(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi mummies,

Today is a slightly more peaceful day cos my baby girl has so far been cooperative and falls asleep after feeding. Yesterday was like war, need to coax, pacify, feed, do anything to stop her crying for no reason.

Can't wait for confinement to end cos really buay tahan my CL. And being hot and sweaty all the time. And cannot shower as and when I want to. And can't eat my fav foods! But mixed feelings, cos once CL is gone, will have to take care of baby alone when hubby at work. Cannot imagine how to pump milk, feed & clean baby and do housework all at the same time? Somemore my milk supply so-so only, just enough for her now but not enough to store.

Have been drinking the papaya and fish soup also leh, but improvement only abit. Maybe I dun drink enough liquids, really sick of red dates tea and hot drinks lol... I wan my coke and Koi bubble tea!!!

Motherhood is really not easy, really get very emotional sometimes.

Cyn,

I do sneak to drink coke...heehee...but only few sip..

Did u engaged massage lady??? After my massage lady teach me how to massage, my breast milk from "drip" to "spray" when I massage it...and total output did have slight increase.

U got buy the herbs to shower right??? Just tell ur CL to boil for u to shower...cos with the herb then can get rid of wind mah...

Jean: do u get to bathe and wash ur hair everyday? I totally feel super dirty all the time. After I gave birth was only allowed to wash my hair after 12 days then after that every 6 days but body can wipe everyday.... Still feel disgusting though. I'm still bargaining for more often hair washing... Hai

I do wash my hair and shower daily. Will do it quick. Blow dry hair after washing.

I think I will get depression if I dun wash my hair daily.

I tink most mummies jailterm ending soon. Can't wait to bathe normally or go swimmin cos so hot n sweaty all d time juz feel like soakin in a cool swimming pool!

Reali hv phobia of confinement. Worse than pregnancy!

My parents r strictly than my cl. Parents oso say only wash hair once on day 12th n can only wipe body n not bathe. Oredi hv herbs y can't bathe? So I secretly bathe juz tat not enuf water to use so din use shower foam. I oso secretly wash hair ard twice a wk aft 12days as my cl ke lian me seein my parents so strict. So she boil more water for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My cl leaving today le.. Contrary to cyn I grew attached to her n feel sad abt her leaving.. I saw tat she loves my bb alot n take care of me n dunno when I'll c her again. So easy to feel emo..

Read a report tat our emotions causing hormones post preg shd stabilized aft 2wks. But me n I read tat other mummies till mth 2 oso emo.. Dunno tat report inaccurate or cos we become mothers oredi more emo..

Hi mummies,

i m aug mummy, and i would like to check if any mummies here deliver at MTA.

And would like to exchange the warmer bag wif my Pigeon BM storage bottle.

Or selling it at $10 for 3pcs pack.

Pls contact me at [email protected]

Thank u..

Does anyone know how to reduce milk production?

I tried to extend my ebm interval from 2 hours to 3 hours then end up with engorgement. I need to slowly reduce my milk supply and prevent being engorged. I tried cold cabbage and it helps but i'm not sure if i'm suppose to pump then put cold cabbage and repeat every time i pump or wat? Any advice?

iselle-u mentioned your gf tried cold cabbage for 1 week +. Did she just continuously put the cabbage on and nv pump?

Hi Jean,

I have just started to read this forum and would like to join SMH NOV 2011 mummies group in fb. I have a friend who is part of this group as well. I delivered my gal on 24 Nov 2011. Thanks.

hi, I would like to join the fb group. Delivered my boy on 29th nov. Enjoyed reading the discussion in the forum.

Dear All,

thanks for your advices.. yes i did drink the papaya soup, tea, a lot of warm water, red date tea, etc.. even chinese herbal soup too..

but think like my supply still do not enough for my bb..

dunno what went wrong but still keep continue day time bf + fm.. hopefully one day my milk supply is enough for my bb..

Hi mummies,

I'm letting go 10 pcs of BUMWEAR diapers with 10 inserts @ $300. Will throw in 5 inserts free. Retail price for each insert costs $9. I paid $380 for 10 diapers + 10 inserts.

Please note that these are not preloved hence condition is 10/10.

Self collection at Yio Chu Kang.

Interested buyer, please pm me. Thanks!

meplaa,

Haha I also same case with you leh, drank dunno how many kinds of soup, longan red date tea, eat fish, added supplement and even go for massage. But milk supply oso so-so only. Did managed to go for about one week totally on bm for my gal, until she decided to up her appetite and I couldn't catch up =P Pumping like mad has also left me with broken skin on my nipples, which make things worse cos I couldn't pump out much due to the pain.

I'm beginning to really think its up to the individual's supply wan, haiz... Some days im ok with topping up with fm, some days im guilty about not trying harder. Even thought about giving up totally, but some bm is still better than none!

Finally reaching the last week of confinement. Very glad, no lost love btwn us and our CL haha! Hubby will most likely be taking a week off when the CL leaves so that at least he'll be around when I start taking care of bb by myself. Really not sure how to bathe, feed, pacify bb, and pump milk at the same time, confirm very blur and frustrated wan. But seeing my gal growing up, makes everything worth it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi all mummies..

Me from Jan 2012 tread..just gave birth to my little boy..still a very new mother here.. trying to go on total bf but it is not easy..today is only day 2 and my right nipple already starts to feel a bit sore!!!!

I think the latch is ok but the suction powder of my boy when he is getting hungry is terrible.. he suck like a vucuum cleaner on full power..sigh.. if he is okie..not that hungry but can feed..he sucks normally which is more comfortable for me...how har... anyone got any solution???

Hi mummies

I am due in Jun 12 next year and is curently looking for CL. Anyone has any good/not bad CL to recommend? Pls PM the contact. Thks!

Hi Cyn,

Thanks for your reply.. when i pump out.. my hope will crash one more time.. so everyday i have thought to give up BF.. but day & night time i'm still trying to give her bf..

me too having the same problem.. i din engage CL only MIL cooks for my meal.. i am taking care my bb since the day which discharge from hospital.

I did request to join FB group.. but not yet been approved.. my FB name is Wina Lee

hi mommies

pardon for the intrusion.

if u r staying around Jurong West / Pioneer Mrt and planning to look for a nanny to babysit once u return to work, pls read on..

Wld like to recommend my ex nanny who has been taking care of my girl since she's 3mths old. We have to stop her service last mth as we finally got a place offer in the childcare center.

Our initial plan was to let my girl enrol when she turns 3YO in 2013. But CC called just few mths back to offer enrolment in Dec.

I do not gain anything by recommending. Just feel bad tat we have to stop her service early cos babysitting is part of nanny's income contribution to her household expenses. Hence was hoping to spread ard to see if she can get another baby to take care.

She's able to start after CNY 2012.

Pls PM me if you are interested and wanna understand more.. tks !

mai ne - my cl not available so i din pm u.

kaelynn - my fren still pump but reduce the amt of time per pump, then gradually reduce the freq of pump. as per when to put cold cabbage im waitin for her reply.

CL gone for near to a wk n i've finally gotten the hang of takin care bb.

learning for the 1st x change diaper, bathe, feed, burp. n even hand washing of bb clothes. all 1st x.

i seldom do housework tat is associated with washing eg washing dishes or washing clothes but now i do everything cos thou hubby took leave for 2wks he's takin night duty. so im doin his share of hsehold chores.

im feelin more n more auntie cos i actu enjoy doing it! n everyday hope the sun will come out n b strong to dry our clothes n bb clothes so it'll smell nice n crisp!

Hi mommies, I delivered my girl on 12th nov. Anyone's baby here is like mine, suffering from loads g gas and not pooing everyday? I give her fm during the night and bm in the day. She has not pooed for 3 days and has lots of gas. Very smelly when she farts. I also think becoz of this she is very uncomfortable n cries. Any possible solution?

Hi Shphia,

I have the same problem too.. my bb is not pooing everday too... and fart a lot..

so far, i also dun have any idea... anyone can advice??

My 6 week old girl is also not poo-ing everyday n gives smelly fart all the time! She's on half bm n half fm (enfralac) .. Am not too worried cos when she poo (once in 3-4 days), it's a lot n soft-mustard n not hard like constipation... Initially I was worried too, so keep doing tummy/ leg exercise, massaging her tummy, give her gripe water, diluted prune juice n also give her Eu Yan Seng's 'bao tai wan', seems to work somehow.. ;))

I read online that as long as the poo is mustard/ yellow/ soft n not hard, no need to worry even if bb only poo once a week .. TBF babies tend to poo even lesser than fm babies ... Hope this help ... But if u are worried, then bring to c doc ;))

Oh, I also remembered poking my bb's anus gently w a small cotton bud stick to stimulate ... I poked it twice n that night she poo n a lot.. However, didn't do it anymore after dat day..

Thanks for the tips. I also do for her cycling exercises. The worst thing is each time she farts she cries. She has learntcto be fussy esp at night. Can hardly get any rest, with getting up to express and all. She also tends to vomit her milk despite burping so whole night getting hervto be upright and cleaning up her vomit. My twins also not so troublesome.

Hi mummies.. I jus started reading this forum again.. I delivered my boy on 1st nov.. Just sent request to join the fb group. Can approve me? Thanks.. =)

Hi I am from Jan 2012 thread.. just delivered 1 wk ago... Need help from experience mummy.. how long can I keep leftover ebm that my boy did not finish? Can I put back to fridge n mixed with ebm for next feed?

Hi I am from Jan 2012 thread.. just delivered 1 wk ago... Need help from experience mummy.. how long can I keep leftover ebm that my boy did not finish? Can I put back to fridge n mixed with ebm for next feed?

Hi Poseidon gal, I delivered my boy on 15 Dec, have been bf him all the way except when he was hospitalized for jaundice treatment 3d2n, and some feeds at night are ebm.

My CL is quite strict with hygiene (like before touching baby must wash hands first, when he poos, she prefers to wash his bottom rather than use wet wipes coz it's cleaner to wash and it prevents nappy rash)

She doesn't allow me to keep the ebm that baby did not finish. One night we threw away 30ml, I heart pain [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] *my precious bm!* but I rather be safe than sorry.. Coz bacteria from baby's mouth may have entered the bottle while he was feeding.

On the other hand I read in a few other forums where moms have saved the leftover bm for next feed without any issues.

Usually the next feed would only be a 'few hours' away. Some kept it outside, some put it back in the fridge and then re-heated..

Sorry i didn't give u a direct answer, but i believe different people, different practices. It's up to you which you are more comfortable with - throwing the leftover milk away or saving it for next feed.

Hi poseidon_gal,if ur beaty can't finish the ebm,u can still keep in in the warmer for 1 hr if her saliva touches the milk. 2 hr if not touched.That's wat I found out frm other mummies as advise by tmc nurse. But if ur baby has sensitive digestive system,better dun keep too long as bacteria will increase as the milk stands longer.

Looks like quite a number of us want to join the fb group but no response...

Perhaps the group has many members le.

Shall we start another group?

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:29 pm:       

Hi

I'm a mtb in few weeks time and I would appreciate any mummies feedback on the electric dual breast pump that you are using as I am still undecided over Medela Pump In Style, Medela Freestyle and Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast pump.

Hope any kind mummies can share with me on their feedback.

Thank you

Hi Elaine

I've tried all these 3 and find that medela PIS is the best because it has lesser parts to wash & sterilise than ameda. Also it's portable, can bring to anywhere (no need power plug) to use after you charge it. Also being dual pump, it saves half the time in pumping, esp when you are v occupied with other things in house, not just the baby.

Hope it helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Joyce

Thank you so much for the feedback.

As I am a SAHM and I got a helper so I dun mind to stay near to socket lol...

How about the nosie level for the 3 pump? I prefer one that's less noise so it wouldn't disturb my hb/kids/newborn/helper & CL.

And the suction? I heard PIS is strong and some mum might find it painful but it can be adjusted right?

Beside from the advantages that we can move around during pumping and less part to wash, if ameda serve as well as PIS or freestyle, maybe i would go for that keke.

Thank for your time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am interested too to join the group. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] New here . My boy was delivered at Mt A on 1/11/2011.

Great! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] What's ur fb email? Do send me ur friend request, email is [email protected]

Hope more will join in the fun & encourage each other as we go through our babies milestones together

Back