(2011/11) Nov 2011

Jean> ur cl din ask u to buy wine for cooking...

My cl is my husband godma as she used to be one.. Her list include white wine , ginger wine and dome.. According to her must eat really gd tonic and stuffs .. She buy me alot of tonic to cook..

Surpisingly my mil and mother say really must buy so much as must cook for a month..

Yup yup.. My dad said that too.. We already stock up 8 bottles of DOME liao.. Then, we also have hard liqour.. Need sesame oil too! Sounds so fattening.. hahaa!!

If any of your friends going overseas, ask them help u buy DOME in airport, a lot cheaper!

Was just scrolling up and saw someone posting to get macs monopoly stamps (-.-") so many spamming posts...

Jean,

Thanks for the info on the herbs. Oh my, baby need so much diaper changes in a day ah! Pampers will be an expensive choice... have not gotten any diapers yet, waiting to see if any discounts at nearby NTUC. The Expo baby fair is too far for me to travel all the way there.

My friend recommended me to get FM from this website in future: http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/

But Kiamkiam is right, I dun think the companies are allowed to advertise or send samples of FM for newborns cos need to encourage breastfeeding. Unlike for mum's milk, I received so much samples (plus a tin) that I still never managed to finish all of them. Dun really like the taste.

It's only 8+ and I'm sleepy... hope for a good night's rest tonight!

Wine

My father in law is brewing them for me, also have a few bottles dome and wincaris to standby.

Price list

The google document can be shared, but I dunno how to link them to this forum. Anyone know how to do that? If possible, we can access it and update the price together.

Free sample for mummy

There is this thread that have free stuff for bb and mummy.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5955512.html?1314347140

I just received mustela sample from there.

Formula milk

Which brand is better for newborn? Something taste like BM and formula with DHA. Still wondering whether to get them or not.

Cooking ingredient

I guess I will stock up when I'm closing to my edd. Will buy those brand that always use at home.

Hi mummies-to-be!

*//

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories. Full Set Photo

Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Receipt Photo

Used for 6months, warranty for another 6months.

Selling $380, or $390 with the storage bottles shown below.

Also for sale: Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage Bottles. 12 x 80ml BPA-free bottles with lid.

Bought for S$40, selling $20. Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 987 six one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Fion-If cesction i am thinking of choosing 01/11/11 OR 11/11/11..But still i hope for natural.

Berrypie-Unless Mount A gynae then they will have priority parking lots.My gynae not Mount A gynae so he will have to snatch lots fom others.Hmm my gf going to deliver soon at Mount A,when i visit her then i see how it goes.

Rebeana-Even if using the da feng cao also can use the ginger shower gel.Its even better to use it after your confinment.I used it during pregnancy when i am having aches and raining days to warm my body and get rid of winds.

Cynn-Ya posting here to get monopoly stamps! That is Ridiculous!

Nail clippers

I bot both types of nail clippers as well.

Slimming

I intend to get belly wrap.Maybe i will ask my massage lady see what she recommends.I used to went for Jamu slimming programs,they will use transparent wraps to wrap your whole body before gg to the sauna machine.So some ppl told me can use transparent wrap instead of belly wraps,its equally good.Not so sure about this too!

Confinment Liqueor

My mil and sister had brew rice wine.its to fry meat with rice wine during confinment.My mil oso bot afew bottles of martell as she said dunno use it to cook what meat.I got 3 bottles of DOME and 2 bottle of Yomeishu.More than enough.

Slimming

But those transparent wrap need someone to help wrap in order to be tight. But belly wrap should be easier to handle on our own ba. Hmmm...I will check around before buying.

I think dun have to stock up so many bottles of wine since thinking of BM. My SIL stock up 8 dome, end up only finish 1bottle with every night drinking 1 shot glass.

Monopoly stamps- pls go other place to post!!!!

jean

thanks for sharing the listing.

fynn

my aunt gave me a dome abt 5 yrs back, use less than half when my gal was born and e other half st in storage. seen ur post and remind my hb to get when he comes back from overseas. last time, never really "pu", hope this time can make up for the difference and wont suffer so much in old age.

little bb

does ur gynea has any surcharge for special dates? actually m edd in 1st wk dec, but usual csectin abt 2 wks earlier. then if personal conditions not so gd then wld be earlier. i not to optimistic i can tong till 2211 which is my 38th wk :p

twink

my dotter drank enfalac stage 1, for 0 to 12mths.

nb diaper

i wld st prefer to use the Pampers for NB which has and indictor. after 1 mth, likelt to switch between a normal diaper then nite a more ex diaper. my #1 i use pureen for day and mama poko for nite cos she bigger size and i find e cutting for pureen more suitable.

today took urgent AL. my #1 been sick and nanny looking after another bb also sick. my gal ask me to stay at home and take care of her. sounds so sweet so cant bear to reject her. then towards the afternoon, i ask her, why u wana mama stay at home. she reply " becos i miss U" i ask her "realli? u miss me more or miss watching cartoon more" she replied: " i miss watching cartoon more"..errr.....

brought her to e doc and was shocked her fever went to 39.3 degree and my house thermometer shows only 37.3. OMG, cant save for a cheap one liao, need to invest for a better one

Fion

Your gal is really sweet and cute in her reply. I guess all kids are the same when they want our accompany.

Do you mummies suggest to get a FM to standby in case no BM?? Cos my 2 of my successful BF friends say NO, as I and caregiver will be tempted to use it, then bb will reject BM. Any advise on that???

Diaper

Huggies has promo for NB and S at Giant. Buy 2pkt is cheaper. Can't remember the price, cos my hp is with my hb at cashier....

Pureen diaper size is wider or smaller?? Normally how long can it last???

Again, my gal like to wake up when daddy wake up for work. Can't let me sleep more. I think she knows we are going kaikai with gong gong and gu por to buy mummy confinement herbs.

Fion!! My edd is on 1st week of dec too!! 1st dec to be precise... But gynae already told me wont give birth in dec, will give birth in nov.. Cuz if according to normal 28 days cycle period, my edd should be on 27 nov.. But i am having 32 days cycle de... Haha!!! But then, dunno why... Recently the tightness on my low right tummy becomes tighter.. V scared that might PoP! Tahan!!!!

Hi is-elle

So where to get the cheapest diapers?

Body Pain

Do you mummies experience body pain? They always say that mummies will experience back pain/ache. How does it feels like.. My whole body is really breaking and its killing it.. My bones are very painful so every move is painful and my leg is also painful.. When i walk bare-footed, can feel like its only my bones landing on the ground and its painful.. Do you all experience it?

Im kinda helpless and fustrated coz I've been sick for the past week or so and even after medication, im still not recovering.. And now, my bones are so painful.. I don't know whats wrong with me..

EDD

My EDD is also on the 11 Nov.. Nice date ya? But according to my gynae, hope not to deliver on that date coz many people will want to deliver on that date and the service level will definitely go down.. Quite true also..

I hope im able to delivery around 38th week coz its really tiring now..

Morning mummies!

Diapers:

I should be using back pet pet/ pureen for daytime n mamy poko for night. Daytime got to change every 3-4 hrs so must find a cheaper alternative.

I will not be buying any FM to keep in the house. I think if really BM haven't kick in then just ask hb to get from supermarket then. But probably will ask if hosp can give me a few pre packed bottled FM for me to bring home to standby.

Rebeana,

I actually hope my delivery date don't fall on popular dates cos service will not be good n I may not get the single bed I opted for so praying hard, my delivery date not so many deliveries that day. For my no 1, I heard from midwives there were about 30 births that day n I spent 11 hrs in the delivery suites n most of the time only me n hb in the room, the nurses were busy elsewhere. Not easy to see them frequently coming in to check on me. Really busy that day!

But the plus was I opted for 4 bedded n got 2 bedded Instead. Upgraded for free as they ran out of 4 bedded.

Surprisingly for this pregnancy, I can sleep easier with less discomfort. Just sleep on my left or right with a pillow in between my legs can le. For no 1, I go to bed with so much difficulty. All positions also not comfortable n twds the end, I literally sleep sitting in reclining position with lots of pillows behind my back. Now I still sleep on the floor(mattress) with dd n still got to get up twice a night to make milk for her.

Rebeana,

Oh dear, looks like really very bad for you. Does your gynae have any solutions? For me still not so bad, do have the backaches and cramps but I discover it's usually worse when I did not do my stretching exercises in the morning, or after a particularly long walking (shopping) session over the weekend. Like last sunday, walked and waited so long for a cab, then back pain for 2 days. But last night was fine, at least I could have a good sleep minus the pee breaks.

DOM/Tonic wine

I only stock up 1 bottle of DOM and 1/2 bottle of hard liquor which SIL passed to me. She says she could not even finish a bottle of hard liquor cos her CL did not really know how to cook, and she don't like taste of alcohol at all in her food. Me too leh. Plus, too much alcohol in food will manifest in our BM also, then baby also drunk when drink our BM haha.... This is what Mrs Wong from TMC say, so take note mummies if you intend to breastfeed fully! If not double boil the soup to let the alcohol content evaporate.

Same as Babyzel, I hope that I don't deliver on those hot dates! Cos read some reviews online, already complaining about the service at TMC recently, imagine if so many deliveries on the hot dates, the service would be worse! What if no one is free to administer epidural to me how?? Scary.....

Diapers

Friend recommended to use Pampers NB initially although more expensive. Won't stock up alot cos just in case baby sensitive to that particular brand of diapers? Also there is an NTUC just within walking distance, will get the hubby to run down and buy when supplies are low hee...

Yehyeh!! My dad gonna use those dome and martell to cook for me... Those confinement food.. =P

I also scared my baby later drunk.. haha!!

Initially I tot if can, my baby can come out on 36 weeks, same day as my birthday 6 nov.. But the, I just realised, 6 nov is a public holiday plus sunday!! hahaha!! It's time to forget about this thoughts.. haha!

Hello nov mummies, I'm new to this thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My EDD is mid nov but gynae said I am at high risk for preterm labour. So am preparing to pop anytime.

Like to check if anyone knows where I can get fresh green husk coconut in the East? They are not so commonly seen in hawker centre these days. Pls share if anyone knows where to get them. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby Starry> dun drink any coconut if u have risk of preterm labour. if u wan u can go the hawker near to bugis temple as i drink before there.

Fynn> when i attend lesson in KKH, The midwife say cooking process will evaporate most of the alchol. But if u drink Dome at night can only give baby bm after 2 hour. Then is why i need to storage some EBM or FM to feed bb at night as my mil and mother want me to drink dome at night.

Hi Baby starry

Think you can get them from NTUC. Now offer 3 for $2.95. It is not in the green husk coz they kinda cut it away but originally, it is.

Belly Wrap

Anyone buying? Which type is good.. Want to wrap my belly/hip so that it will not be too big le.. Want to be a yummy mummy.. hahaha

Sacred Tea

Anyone intending to buy or have already bought this tea? It is said to help increase breast milk after drinking.. Im tempted to buy..

Thanks Kiamkiam and Rebeana for the info! In this case, I might not take any unless I can tahan until week 35-36.

Yes...yes..I'm thinking to get a tummy wrap. But dun know if I should go for cinch or the one from the spree with ginger cream. Will be great if someone can share their experience.

Rebeana-Seems like you are experiencing serious aches,poor thing.I do experience serious aches ard my upper thigh making me cant lift up my legs,my lower tummy oso aches so i cant walk too long and have to carry my tummy while walking.I complained to my gynae & he prescribe me a ceeam for aches & cramps.I think

Its quite good,i felt relieved after applying & can go out now.

Dome

After cooking the meat,the alcohol contents of the rice wine or martell will evapore so its safe to take,dont worry it wont make your bb drunk after bb drink your BM.

Coconut

I bot those thai young coconut so is it the right type?Always bot from shop & save $0.95 each.

Help.!!! My body is breaking out with itchy bumps..I read online is something called PUPPP (Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy)

anyone has any local remedy???

gal

I strike e terrible rashes twice, this preg much earlier. trymany method but to me I find tcm wk. as got exp ftom e #1 preg, this preg e moment I kw I strike imm take tcm but need ard 2 to 3 wk to see rashes fully gone. it st from my tummy to back leg, shoulder n arms.

Gal,

Actually no remedy. The itch n rashes will go away after u deliver. I got it for my no 1 n that is 1-2 months of itchiness n torture for me. Cannot sleep n keep waking to scratch. Got lots of scarring from the rashes but luckily they all disappears with time. I think I applied calamine to relieve the itch.

Baby starry,

The coconuts are easily available at fruit juices stalls in hawker centers. I got no problem finding them.

Hi Gal

I had that too.. Stop all your scretch mark cream now!

Huggies

FYI, Huggies Ultra Small 22S selling 2 for $25.25 at GIANT..

Gal,

I gone through wit tat too.. really make go crazy esspecially at nite .. 1st dr gav me calomine lotion & the med not helping at all !! then i GehKiang go buy the MENTHOL calomine lotion end up too strong, my tummy n my breast all got burn mark ( cao tah )[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] .. then now doc prescribe me wit TRAVOCORT Cream tis is much better .. now the itchyness getting better too at least i wont wake up bcoz of the itchy ..

Hi mummies

Look like everyone is having rash .. Me too but I have on and off until my hand and leg got bleeding

Thanks Babyzel. I'm grounded at home with my condition. Will get my hubby to check it out.

Mummies with itchy rashes might want to try out this brand call dermaveen. I'm using the moisturizing lotion at areas with itch. Is very thick and abit sticky so I won't suggest you use it all over the body. Also using the soap free wash. But do note that my itch is mainly due to very dry skin.

http://www.dermaveen.com.au/products/

You can get them at guardian or watsons.

Rebeana

i was still thinking of e gd gd dates ard ahh cos gynea don add surcharge since csection. nov is a nice mth as coincide w yr 2011. my gf is getting married on 20112011 and we both counting to our big day.

Rashes

seem a lot of mummies also gotten e rashes. my hb was telling me why i so suay kena twice as he never hear of pp kena rashes. then i took some pics and later deleted cos i dun wan to be reminded of e expereince.

after the rashes is over, my skin is very dry and uses QV or Physiogel to moist e skin. when go for mt prenatal massage also let e massage lady uses the QV, skin seems so dry that 'suck' up a lot. now skin condition back to norm liao but some marks are st there

Those mummies suffering from rashes really had a hard time.I believe all preggy experience different symptons.I had terrible morning sickness and bad cough untill 5 month of my pregnancy.So now in the 3rd tri also having the hard times but compare to the early stage of my pregnancy,this is nothing.End of the day how we had suffered,the looks of our little one on our arms will all be worth while.We are counting down,just weeks away so mummies jiayou!

Hey my hubby complains about my serious snoring.He said very loud and ignoring.He cant sleep well because of that.Sometimes i think i do wokeup by my own snoring.Oops serious! Last time im not like that.Hopefully after deliver the snoring will stop.

Little baby: My hubby also complain abt my snoring nver had tat b4 pregnant , hes always the one having loud snoring, lol. Mayb it bcos i didnt get good rest thru out the night keep gg to toilet to peep tat why so tired. Hope tat can pop soon and see my gal gal then everything is worth it.

Rashes

my belly area is very itchy too but keep telling myself not to scratch, i jus apply some oil around that area n after a while is nt itchy anymore.

kiamkiam/cyn,

i didnt know the milk powder companies are not suppose to advertise. no wonder cannot find any info on them. sorrie what is pro 1?

fion,

is enfalac heaty?

I tink I may also skip buying any FM powder..i want to persist on BF hee..the hospital should give some so prob that shld be enough to standby. if not enough maybe i will ask hubby go buy.

little_bb, i think we snore because our diaphram is pressed by the uterus and probable also due to fatter throat.try sleeping in a higher pillow. Mrs Wong told us before it helps.

tonic wine and BF:

Do i need to discard the next BM feed or EBM if i drink the wine only after i feed the bb? my inlaws made their own tonic wine for me so have to drink some.

itch and rashes:

i dont have the rashes but my tummy esp below the belly button is soooooo itchy!! the relieve i get is when i keep applying stretchmark cream on the area. gosh i feel super stretch..

Clumsiness:

i find myself getting more and more clumsy lately. keep dropping things. maybe due to bigger bump. AND i always drop food and dirty my clothes and on my tummy when i eat!!! i feel just like a kid..haha

Clumsiness

I do also drop food on my clothes or tummy. And even eat without any image...feeling like a kid too. Sometimes will feel extreme happy and clap hand when I'm being treated with my fav ice cream. Hahahaha

Snoring

I also have that after I check with my hb. I think he just snore with me thru out. Hahaha.

Rashes

I think it the skin become too dry that cause itchiness. But whatever cream to apply better no fragrance and soap free ba. If not, try cold compress (towel) to cool the itch off. It might help to relieve. I ask my aunt when I saw the comment just now. Try it see if it works.

FM

I tink I also try the sample out, if really need then ask hb to buy. He say I'm always changing my mind, if my mind is not set to BF, then it will never be successful.

Tummy wrap

I think I will check out the OSIM one and the mother care one before I buy. My cousin say these two are not bad as they are strong in their elasticity.

Baby starry>> changi village hawker center has those coconut u mentioned or even bedok hawker center. But if ur bb is really has the risk of being preterm. I also agree not to drink them. It will be too cooling for ur health to take it.

Ebm

I think if the feed is going to be 2hrs after direct intake of alcohol, it should be fine ba. In fact, there is this alcohol strip test kit selling at the first years, (paragon) to test the BM have any alcohol content or not. You can squeeze out ur BM to test before feeding bb. My SIL also pass those gadget to me. I think she really invested a lot.

Ok mummies, today I went for my herbs shopping at the joo trading....now so tired. Better rest early and accompany my hb now. He complains I look at iPad more than I look at him. Jealously comes into him.....good nites dear mummies.

Snoring

So is normal to have snoring during pregnancy,i tot mine is super serious as i can sometimes hear my own snore.My hubby cannot stand my snoring so he sleep at my other room.I told him if my snoring still continues after i deliver then he gonna sleep at the other room forever.He said need to seek treatment lor.So angry!

Twink-My mil and sister also brew rice wine for me but its for frying with meat.At night i will take DOME or Yomeishu,heard that after 2 hours can start to breastfeed the bb.I am thinking 2 hours is too short.I think i will pump out my milk and discharge.

Stretchmarks

Lots of redish stretch marks had appeared on my lower tummy.Unsightly! Will these stretch marks disappear sfter birth? Think it will slowly turn white colour,for it to disappear think will take a long time ba.

Snoring

OMG I never believe when my hubby say I snore and hearing that this is happening to most mummies, guess its true! hahaha.. And guess what, there was once I attended this seminar with him and I kinda dozed off and he say I was snoring but he didnt want to wake me up coz I was feeling unwell and he wanted me to rest.. SO EMBARRASSING and RUDE!

Mummies with rashes do take good care!

Last night realised that my baby girl has moved to my left side, leaving the right side of my tummy very "empty". I could press down on my right tummy and it feels very soft. Such a weird feeling!

Don't think I snore, maybe cos I usually sleep on my side. Or maybe my hubby is too nice to tell me, but he snores too leh, duh. Anyway, I dun drop food on myself, but I sure do drip toothpaste on myself many times while brushing! Hahaha.........

Hi mummies,

I'm going to deliver tml.. Tonite will admit to mt alvernia..

My bp went up and water vol reduce.. Gynae wants me to induce early..Hai...

Rebeana/baby starry,

I also interested to get the tummy wrap, but dunno which one to buy, if you all found anything pls share.. else I may buy before at hospital before back to home, at least by then noe the size of the wrap already. The other time I have look at the Spring Mathernity wrap, it has size, thus the staff advise me get it after delivery as more sure on the tummy waist..

Ya, ever heard that sacred tea can help with milk simulization, any idea where to buy? Phamarcy or online shop?

Hi mummies

So tired even I wake up at 9 plus today .. My leg become a bit swollen aft I wake up.. I am getting too easily to be tired nowsday even I am clearing my leave and rest at home most of the times..

Twinkle > my friend recom me nestle nan pro 1 .. I bought one can for night feed when I drink dome..

Jojo,

Feel excited for you, soon can hold your baby. Have a smooth delivery and update us when you have settle down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Hi All Mummies,

Rashes/Itchiness

I also encounter rashes over my legs/tights areas but the itch so far i encounter mainly is around my feet areas also woke up few time during midnite due to the itchness on my feet areas. At first use the medincine gynae gave but no use so went to bought the menthol calamine lotion too but also dont really effective so end up use the tradition brand which is Tiger Balm that wont feel so itchy after applying le... occassionally my tummy area also will feel itch so i try to apply more stretch mark cream which so far still ok. hopefully all the itch/rashes that we mummies encounter will all gone after our delivery... hehehe...

Prenatal massage

Just to check as tml i will be in my 36 weeks so is it still ok to go for prenatal massage? as yesterday quite impluse to buy one session of the indonesia massage at jurong point jamu wellness due to the gal so hard sell then i also blur blur didnt reject and fixed appt next monday first le... so now kinda of regret to get it as left few more weeks gng to deliver le still go buy... haiz... so would like to see any mummies here can advise. Meanwhile, think maybe will also plan to ask my gynae this sat when go for appt.

Jojo

Have a smooth delivery! Dun worry too much, everything will be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yiling,

The other time when I do prenatal massage at Babies Belly, they say can do before your delivery, means from 7 mths to delivery as long as you feel alright.

So far I done once only, recently lazy to go down ler, as just try rest as much as I can after work...

Evelyn

Oh isee... thanks for ur information...

maybe sat when go see gynae then see what is his advice... hehehe...

isee... ya now try to rest as much as you can[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jojo,jia you!!! Post your bb photo ya!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As for snoring, I very light sleeper, so once I make some noise myself, I will wake up.. But, most of the time, I couldn't sleep cuz my hubby's snore is very loud and like train.. haha! I always turn his head away from me in the middle of the night..

I will use my suana belt after give birth ba.. haha!!

Thanks all mummies...

I hope the labour process will not be too long..

I'm in my wk37 and cervix not open yet..

Hopefully don't need to csect...

:0)

Fynn,

When my hubby snore very loudly, I will nudge or kick him awake then pretend I'm sleeping kekekekke...... He will then auto turn to his side and stop snoring. I am sooo bad!!!! But no choice lah, I'm also light sleeper!!

Hi,

I am selling my Combi Rashule high/low cum rocker baby chair, if you are interested, pls pm me, tnks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6151469.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6151470.jpg]

Hi mummies,

Ytd jus c doc , my bb 2.9kg at week 35 .. Doc say abit overweight ask mi control n slow down my diet .. He scare I got difficulty in natural birth.. It say my placenta is correct position n bb already head down since week 30.. I opt for natural birth but i scare bb to heavy .. How ???? Anyway doc give mi 2 days mc to rest at hme for my flu n cough.. Anyway to control my diet .. My next appt is 3 weeks time but he say I may pop out early if bb too heavy .. I so scared ...

hi mummies,

may I ask what you think of babylins and violet feedback? look a bit suspicious.

Saw these 2 threads.

a mother got cheated by Ikare

I engaged Ikare for my 1st baby too but not good.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/6138529.html?1318246461

another thread, look as if Ikare hitting mothers who shared bad feedback on the agency.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4315089.html?1317819670

look as if Ikare being posting about themselves around?

My 2nd baby is coming and my freelance nanny fly kite on me. haiz..

any other confinement agency to recommend?

Back