(2011/11) Nov 2011

Ssbaby,

Congrats! 2.5kg is a fine weight, bb will put on weight very fast after that with your BM. Have a good confinement n rest well.

Liza,

Thanks for ur advice. Fenugreek did work for me the last time. The massage actually helped me to "clear n open up the duct" so my BM can flow more easily.

My active bb is still thrashing it's limbs hard inside my tummy. As if she can't wait to come out. But hope she cooperates as my CL only can come in from 27th oct onwards which happens to be the day I am scheduled for induction. She better be guai guai.... N wait patiently.

Hi Everyone,

Just to share I have pop already on 17 Oct with bb weight @ 3.16kg, original EDD is 1 Nov.

This is my 3rd baby and I am glad that I have manage to go natural without epi. Maybe this is the 3rd one, hence quite fast delivery. I went in hospital 5pm @ 2cm open and deliver on the same day @ 8+pm. but of coz with the help of the laughing gas. hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope you all will have smooth delivery and take care ya.

Hi Cyn,

I stayed in 2 bedded coz there is no bed that night (charged at 4 bedded as doc can auto upgrade), second day stayed at one bed. Total bill cost me less than 2.2k in cash, rest 2.6k in cpf.

Service ok la.. Only nurse that leave us very good memory is a indian plump lady (I think name Ju Li), she gave me and my hubby a 20min Breastfeeding lesson in middle of the night. Some nurses are abit impatient but overall my experience with TMC is quite good.

Thanks Babyzel, well lucky baby is growing. As for me, at the rate i am eating my cl lady food, i am not going to lose weight. My appepite is better than during pregnacny! Haha...

Hi Dreamy, congrats, rest well and have a good confinement.

ssbaby, nvrmind the weight lah... eat more to 'tiao' your body 1st. =pp

Since this morning, i have been experiencing tingling sensation at my cervix, and having (false) contractions more frequently... It's not painful but very uncomfortable... and it cannot be my baby is coming out soon cos only 35 wks and 5 days... not even 36 weeks yet... =((

Anyway TGIF !!! Finally the weekends !!

Hi Dreamy, congrats to you. My edd is on 1st nov too but jus seen my gynae today, bb at week 38 weigh 2.7kg but no sign of dilation if nothing happen by then might hav to induce, thinks bb too comfy inside le.

Any suggustions from mummies to fatten up our bb?

Hey Julia, maybe ur bb still cozy inside ur tummy... maybe tmr suddenly decided to come out =pp ... To fatten up, think can eat durians? But isnt 2.7kg a good weight? no? Gynae says not good enough??

Hi Sababy, congratulate to you too. dun worry about the bb weight, bb will grow well and weight will increase gradually. My 1st bb weight was about same as yours and he is now 4+yr old le. do take care and rest more k, try not to walk too much during the confinement, hv more bed rest if you can. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Felixp, thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the and countdowning and waiting time is torturing. keke just relax and walk more. it would help up to "open" faster before you knew it.

Hi bluedream, thank you. when is your edd? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello to mummies with 3kids,

do anyone hv 3 kids same as me? Any tips on how to cope ma? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] many thanks.

Hi dreamy , congrats !! And take care of yourself n bb. How long was your labour?

My due date should be 10/31 but the recent check up dr said not so fast n bb head has not engaged yet. I hope bb will come out around 10/31 or 11/1. But like what you said if bb decided to come out , it's anytime ! Excited !

My mum also told me having the bean curd soup will help in producing the milk flow . Not sure how true. Haha.

Any other food can help increasing the milk flow ? N any food to avoid ? Any idea?

Dreamy, I may induce on Monday as baby ard 3.4kg on Tuesday. I m also wandering how to cope with 2 kids when I m back fr hospital. I hope to achieve fix schedule for both of them within 3-6 mths. We ganbatte together here. *wink*

Hi dreamy, congrats to you and ur newborn. Take good care and rest well... U r a very experienced mummy since is ur no.3.

Hi mummies, I just went to baby fair today, no big player. Only small merchants, nothing much to buy. Unless mummies want to buy pureen products and diaper, can go and grab. There is goon and merries diapers too.

Mumsfairy is there, the storage milk bottles and diaper orgainser as shown online, is cheaper over at expo. Farlin product is there, discount is not very attractive. The rest is all selling bb clothing.

Some mummies mention on avent steamer cum blender, is selling at 149 but without any freebies. Avent products is not sold by Phillip itself. So discount is not much.

This round, no huggies, pampers, pigeon, Philip, heniz.... So can save the trouble there. But at expo now there is crocs sales, electronic fair, John little fair at the same time. I go there to kill time...heheehee

I only managed to buy nursing bra, pureen washing powder, wet wipes, and their diaper for day use since is Cheaper.

For mummies who has medela pump and avent bottles, you can buy the converter connector on mumsfairy website at $16. I asked the salesgirl, she say is available online, not at expo.

Oh ssbaby, u can ask ur hb to buy the lasintoh milk bag for u at expo. 25 pcs for 9.50. There is another brand Ann**** by the booth selling a lot of nursing bra. They sell at 25 pcs for $7. 2boxes for $13. Or u can buy the milk storage bottles at mumsfairy. At least u can store ur milk before ur boots milk bag spree in place.

jean,

i cant help it scratching it sometimes when it gets tooooo itchy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sometimes accidentally brush against it then became a little scratch then cannot stop scratch like nobody business until my skin all red.hahah

I saw the gynae yday and he told me i had PUPPPs and gave me anti itch pill. also got QV cream from pharmacy.

but i find not much effect. still itchy feeling! hopefully i wont have to be prescribed steriod cream at nxt wk visit.

julia/little_bb/jean,

okie i scared of cramps hee..it makes the whole leg tired the next day.

i tink i will start drinking it in the afternn tomorrow!

ssbaby and dreamy,congrats to you!! so many mummies popping! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks for the update jean! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] then i think i will give expo a miss. altho i interested in crocs sale but i tink i rather not go squeeze with so many ppl.

tml gg out paktor with my hubby hee.. gonna watch movie! if not wont have much chance next mth onwards.

Hi twink, omg.... I have asked my insurance agent who also got it when she is week 36 during her pregny. She has no choice but consult national skin center and was give steroid cream but end up her gynae only allow her to apply half the dosage. Anti itch pill will make u feel drownsy... QV is to moisture ur skin, cos too dry will be even more itch. Must endure endure....is coming to the end...jia you jia you....

Now my burping is getting worse and worse....my gynae dun want to prescribe me any anti heartburn med, keep asking me to take small meals.... So troublesome....cannot last for long run....worse it that, now I crave for spicy food.... Just had Thai food with my hb and dad....so tempted to order coconut juice....but my dad is there, so siao siao Loh....

Oh ya, must watch movie before bb pop out... The real steal is good....funny and nice....my hb and my gal enjoy thru out.

I went.into crocs sales....so crowded and messy...not very ideal for us to go....I retreat when I see the cashier is so long queue, longer than robinson sales time.....

Felixp, my gynae didn't said not good but the last scan is 2.6kg tis time only gain 100g is it too little? i'm scared of the burping if eat durian , tat why dun dare to eat thru out my pregnancy.

jean,

i think the QV cream is just to prevent dryness. oh well at least it can help with reducing more stretchmarks..cuz the mustela stretchmark cream made my itching worse so i have to give it up. thanks for the encouragement! yes must jia you! hee.. another few weeks more..endure!

oh ya! hee..thats the show we wanted to watch! we heard so many good reviews so must watch!

i tink you have to cut back on spicy food cuz heartburn with spicy food make it even worse. i also burp alot lately. our babies are pushing our stomach so high up now. i can feel my bb kicking near my chest when i lie down to sleep.wonder where is our stomach now..haha..

twink, real steel must watch!! It's v nice!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

managed to tahan my pee thru out the whole show... hehe!

congrats ssbaby n dreamy!!!

enjoy ur ML!!

Jean chua-Your pao sheng is in slices? Normally i will brew 1 piece of birdnest with 5 slices of pao sheng with slow cooker about 1 and half hour.So cordyceps i wash and clean,put about 5 slices of pao sheng as well with a small bowl of hot water in the slow cooker and brew about 1 and a half hour.OK? i dont think i will want to eat the cordyceps,quite disgusting for me.My mum told me the rest of the cordyceps if dont want to waste,can add another bowl of hot water and brew for half hour,can let hubby have the second round.

Dreamy-Congrats! Wish you have a smooth confinment.

I am going for my gynae checkup later,so excited..Wondering how my bb had progressed.Hope tomorrow gynae will tell me my bb head had engaged orelse i will have to book a date for csecetion.This 2 days i felt my bb movement slightly different,i can feel him pressing on my bladder making me have difficulty in walking.I can also feel bb movement below my lower tummy so i think bb head had went down.Hope im right! Mummies have a great weekend!

Little bb>> yup yup. Cos my pao sheng is too small in slices to count. So I use teaspoon to judge. It is better to drink on empty stomach or 2-3hrs after meal... Better to be absorb by body. So if ur cordycerp is very very fat and long type, put ard 5pcs will do. U got to trial and error initially to get the taste u like. Normally the water will be yellowish with Bit of cloudy in it. Ur hb can drink the 2nd round, if not u can drink that also. If ur bb need to pu in the future, my friend mixed the boiled minced cordycerp in her bb porridge, especially when they enroll into Childcare time.

My gal has been kicking and moving a lot too...I'm already find standing up from a chair is a chore. And walking to toilet from my bed will feel the strain right in center of my pelvic. Not sure is it I walk too much yesterday, my white discharge is more than usual.

Thks Simp & ssbaby for sharing. I guess just have to pray hard that nurses on duty are the nice and patient kind when it's my turn to deliver at TMC.

My baby really moves much more at night, esp after midnite when I'm going to sleep :p Will she continue this sleeping pattern after delivery? Aiyah.

Jean, you still can brave the crowds at Expo ah. Well done leh. Walking around for too long leaves me breathless nowadays.

Happy that weekend is here, will pester the hubby to bring me out to pak tor and eat chocolate brownie later! Craving for it since last night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

fynn,is the show very long??? i think i better not drink too much water before the show. cant wait to watch it!

little bb, hope your bb has engaged!

jean,cyn,

my baby moves alot the whole day and less when i am lying down to sleep.i think when i am sitting or in upright position, my girl feels more squashed hence she moves and kicks more.her kicks are so painful now and her legs kept protruding out from my side.gosh my skin is stretched to the limit...

Cynn,

We r on the same edd... So far walking too long only makes my back tired... This round the fair is really very small. Less than half hall. So still ok for me. Hahaha

Little bb>> hope ur bb is engaged. And can be pop soon.

Twink>> the show is ok, go toilet before show start. Cos u might laugh anytime. Hmmm bring a small pillow for ur back support if u can... I get tired if I sit too long in the same position, need to twist waist or shift my weigh to different butt.

I think my gal is really pre-training her mummy on her feeding time.... I have been waking up last nite with interval of 2-3hrs. Arggghhh, she just kick more at nite... Haiz.... Is it becos of Baby plus baby is under pre-training by her mum? That y they know the timing... Hehehe

Dear all,

I just updated the price list for formula. Bought three cans of enfalac a+stage 1 ,900 g at $121.40 . Per can is $40.50 .

仁泰堂 jin tai tong medical hall

Total 5 outlets

10 ubi crescent 01-50 ubi tech park

445 pasir ris drive 6 , 01-96

735 pasir ris street 72, 01-354

118 river vale drive, 01-28

5 Tampines street 32 01-06 Tampines mart

Congrats Congrats ssbaby and dreamy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Getting more and more excited seeing so many mummies popping le... hehehe...

Today went for gynae check up got the swab test result is negative but have yeast infection problem so dr gave pills for me to insert which is harmless for bb he said. And bb weight is 3.3kg at 37 week but my so far my gynae said it ok de as the weight is plus minus de... hehehe...

will be officially starting my ML next monday so hope bb will wish to come out after week 38... hehe... so that will have more time bonding with he...

Femanie wash

i had also just bought the sebamed to wash during confinement period although now is using the wash that gynae prescribe de...

Hope all mummies enjoy your weekend and have a good rest [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Shjean, thanks for ur update on the milk formula. Happen that the medical shop is at my place. Didnt find out at there. But their herb is quite expensive. Toiletries is still at reasonable price. Are you staying at pasir ris??

Yiling, I also feel the bb weight will be plus minus...so dun worry so much. yeast infection is very common. Dun worry also. As long as we keep it clean, should be fine.

I'm hoping I dun have to induce...cos I heard some mummies say induce will be very harmful to our body....so pray it just happen naturally.

Hmmm...I'm now waiting at the pub for my hb to play pool with his friends....so bo Liao....

Jean chua-Thanks for your great advice on cordyceps.My mil

Just brew xue ge for me,its good for bb complexion.

Went for my gynae checkup this morning,glad that bb head had went down but not yet engage.Hopefully by next week bn have engage.

Hi jean

I stay in Tampines . We know the shop through our friends. If buy three cans got 1 dollar off oso. I am at giant now. The same milk powder is selling at 45 dollars.

Btw mummies, which brand of diapers are you getting ?

Little bb>> xue ge is good for bb complexion, comparable to bird nest. My CL say xue ge won't cause jaundice, so far her own daughter drink that thru out, also no problem.

Shjean>> Then is worth buying. Maybe will pop by the pasir ris branch when I go to market next week to find out more. Pampers and mammy poko is more lasting, suitable for night use. Day use can use pureen, dryper, huggies.... Cos first month they will poo a lot, can be 10-12 times a day if they feed on BM. If mummies know their bb is already more than 3kg before birth, can straight away buy size S le. Only pamper newborn is slightly bigger cutting.

Since there is one mummy recommend pureen, I bought pureen yesterday at the fair. There is the normal range (red package) is 66 pcs size S 3pkt for $33. 1pkt for $12. But I more KS, I bought their premium grade (blue package), claimed to be more lasting, and is with Velcro sticker. Size S 48 pcs. 3pkt for $36.

Not sure if giant or the medical hall is cheaper or not. Mummies if possible, pls find out le, then update us ba.

FM>> mummies, pls dun stock up ur FM now, still need to trial and error to see bb suit which type... Got to try a few different type then know de. If u r lucky to BM all the way, then won't be needing stage 1 le...

Just an advise to all...heehee

Jean> I also buy S size for my bb as my gyn estimate that she will be ard 2.9-3.1 when she pop up.. If she is smaller than expected then I ask my husband to buy new born for her..

I saw from oct mummies that most of their bb are more than 3 kg when they pop out!

Fm> my friend dun encourage us to stock up .. Let bb try the fm and see wether like the fm

Hi all, maybe we shd have a list of ur babies name in the following format:

Mom name/nick baby's name boy/gal

I start the ball rolling:

Shjean/ Javier / boy

FM>>

We also hope not to use it at all. Use BM all the way. We were told by breast supporting groups not to stock the 1st tin. Friends who does FBM also said same.

When we asked how if the babies cry at night?

They replied endure and let the babies cry.

We bought the FM just in case at night we need.

Baby Starry,

thanks for the infor.

We went to buy 1 pack as trial.

So far got mamypoko,huggies,drypers as trial.

Missed the Pureen at Expo as they were all sold out when we were there this AM

hopefully,he is ok with the cheapest available....haha...

Hi shjean and all mummies,

仁泰堂 (Jin tai tong medical hall) as Shjean mentioned previously.

Their mamypoko size S 48+2 pcs selling at $12.50

Pampers size S 48 pcs selling at $15.50.

Not sure whether they have any deliveries services or not. Maybe can check online see if there is any website...

Will update you gals again. Heehee..

Today I went to SP alumni with my in laws whole family... Went there for swimming with my French nephew. Is quite strain free in the water. But once I get up the water, I can feel the strain in my pelvic again...hmmm..dunno if she getting lower now or is it the gravity force. I'm only week 35 now. Any mummies has any idea?? I'm praying she dun come by so fast, cos my CL is not available yet.

Jean chua-Recently after swimming when i climb up the ladder,i felt v heavy & have diffficulty climbing up.felt strong pressure at my bladder too.

Btw the mamypoko s size is 72 pcs at $ 20.60 in ntuc.

Hi jean, recently I always feel my bb keep pushing down n it gives me the urge to go toilet. But my mum says my tummy is not so down yet which means bb has not engaged yet.

Hi little bb>> then I guess it is normal ba. Cos I also feel my gal squeezing my bladder. But I do I sleep better after a swim. Doze off immediately when I came home in the afternoon.

It is not easy to handle a tRoddler and being pregny. My nephew is so scared of water initially, only want me to carry him in the water and my hb didn't bring his swimming trunk. And my hb also worried if i can handle him. His dad is so afraid he might kick my tummy when he struggle...but I think I talk to him in a calmer way and slowly drifting away from the edge and slowly ask him to start kicking liked other children is doing...he slowly imitated and works....I'm so happy I'm have a good time with him this morning.

Shjean>> hmmm then I think I will go buy from ntuc both S and M size... Or shouldn't I?? Pls give me some advise, I have 2 pkt of huggies newborn, 1 huggies S, 2 pkt pureen S, 1 pkt of pureen M. Should I still buy Size S or M for mamypoko since there is offer, or should I wait till all finish then buy???

First time buying things feeling so messy...Haiz...

Hi Jean,

Thks, yup will try not to worry too much de just let nature take course... hehehe...

Hi Shjean

As currently gynae told me bb weight is 3.3kg so meanings i can just straight away buy S size for either huggies or mamypoko brand? unless i getting Pampers brand then maybe can buy newborn size or also just buy S size too?

FM

I think maybe i wont be buying first as i will be deliver at TMC and they said TMC will give sample of FM so maybe will use the sample to trial and error first if BM havent kick in yet... and will ask hb to buy it if really need FM... btw heard from my friend said that once FM is open have to use finished within one month? hehe...

Hi all,

Was told ave 1 day usage is about 7 to 8 pcs. So about 240 pcs a mth.

I think dun buy too much NB size.I have a friend's bb 1 mth later uses M liao.bb born at 3.4kg

Hi jean, I think you have enough varieties of brands to let ur bb gal to pick[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, I have a set of 2-week old pre-loved Philips AVENT Isis iQ Duo Twin Electronic Breast Pump to let go because I prefer my Medela PISA. US set with international warranty ending on 3 Oct 2012. 2-pin adaptor included. Pumps used less than 10 times and sterlised after each use. Tote bag and cooler bag unused. All parts intact except for the 2 bottles and teats which you can get yourself from the stores. Spare parts available from Philips showrrom at Toa Payoh. Asking price SGD 400. Self-collection at Punggol.

Congrats ssbaby and dreamy.. tk care

baby fair

I oso went n buy 3 nursing bra(reali comfortable), some bb clothes n NB(24pcs) at $8.90.. i alreadi stock up S & M (72 pcs) & diapers (20pcs).. i went to electronics n buy a video recorder (hope to video those previous moments).. Buy degetent ,snacks at john little .. the food fair so little stalls but the salted chicken rice is nice ..

esther/natalie/gal

i watch real steel too.. not bad.. but keep moving here n there cos too long le..

I think I will stay on with the current stock I have. Not enuff then ask hb to buy from the medical hall.

Indeed after swimming I can sleep better. But not when Im trying to toss, every time I try to toss. My pelvic feel the pain, can't even close my thight together, and start walking liked a penguin now. Haiz.

My hb has asked me not to cook and starting to ask me clear all the food in my fridge. I think is also time that I keep my fridge clean and tidy.

Back