(2011/11) Nov 2011

Shjean,initiallly i used J&J(head to toe)but my bb sensitive, my niece using it but she's fine leh. Then i used kodomo (green bottle)as shower gel and shampoo,no rashes for him.It reali depend on individual bb, start with a small bottle first

Hi littleBB,

You may want to check w your gynea about rebonding. As I know any exposure to chemcial regardless trim 1 to trim 3 can be harmful to BB.

I know some friends who even tahan to chemical treatment after delivery cos they are breastfeeding and they only do rebonding after they stop b/f.

Hi littleBB,

You may want to check w your gynea about rebonding. As I know any exposure to chemcial regardless trim 1 to trim 3 can be harmful to BB.

I know some friends who even tahan to chemical treatment after delivery cos they are breastfeeding and they only do rebonding after they stop b/f.

Twink, she's selling at 1 book for $13 & 3 books $39 (if I'm not wrong)

Littlebb, rebond they put lots of chemical on it n I need to sit for hrs. Me more kiasu, will not put extra chemical on my body. Had stop using perfume too though I can't leave home without it last time.

Swimming - wat style u using huh? I want to swim too leh

Rebeana/ptsmallbear, keep your feet warm then will not so easily get leg cramps. Else will be very painful n can last for days

Mrs Lim, I juz poke poke my feet, think it's slight water retention. My colleague told me maybe I walk too much but I didn't leh.

Oh.. I seems to forget to intro myself. I am currently in my w25 with bb gal and I also have another boy who is 4yrs too. My edd is 18 nov and will be delivering in Mt A. :p

janice, forget to inform you. I went to the course and they mention can go pharmacy to purchase the compression stocking to wear when sleeping. I haven't go and take a look yet.

eid, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] 1 boy and 1 gal it's nice

Mrs Lim, I wear socks every nite to sleep and *touchwood* i only get cramp once cos i stretch my leg. the compression stocking is for what purpose huh? to keep feet warm or for the water retention/swelling?

eid, my boy gg to be 2yr old next mth, he's vy active. Not sure i can handle 2 kids later...is ur son at CC or nanny taking care of him?

hi berrypie,

he is currently in N2 (2hrs class) and not at CC as I have maid at home.

So hopefully when he is in K1 which is 4hrs classes will make him too tired to disturb mei mei. *cross fingers*

eid,

I'm almost same as yours. W26 with a bb gal and have a boy who is 4 yrs old now.

I also use the J&J haed to toe for my son. Initally, just a few drop into the warm water, and use cloth towel to wash the baby..Hee..

My foot also start swelling now, but not that frequent. Think we need take more rest after shopping or work. If feel pain, try to use a pillow to raise up our leg.. curl up leg to sleep also better..

Yaya, I also forgot that my chinese senseh also recommend me to wear socks when sleeping.. feel it do reduce the cramp at night, think mummy can try it out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Hi Mummies here,

I have a new unopened Carter Baby Bather for sale. this was given to me during my baby shower in April this year. I have no use for it. Let me know if anyone is keen. You can search on the net for a picture of it. I would like to sell it for $18. Let me know if any one is keen. Thank you.

Thanks Shjean and eid for the detailed info. I just go thr my head what is needed but once eid listed the items, i realised 1st time moms have many things to take note to buy and prepare. 2nd time moms onwards i think a bit slack, im one of them now.

Twink

I think there is ongoing spree on the breast shield http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5433848.html?1312259822, check with seller if she has what u needs. Im also waiting for sil to pass me my stuff and see what i need to replace as i cannt remember the size of the medela breast shield, need to measure.

Baby Bag

Shjean, think bb bag can skip. Just need a big big bag to hold ur stuff. If u want to buy, dun really need to buy diaper bag. Lesportsac has good light material bag like sports bag or tote to hold bb stuff. I have a few and love it as can use for traveling as well.I just use bigger bags to hold all bb' stuff. Some bb hospital gives bb bag when u sign up bb card like tmc and when u discharge, got another bag. So can check out the variety.

Rebonding

littlebb,

I taboo abt doing rebonding, colouring on my hair during preggy days. Do it after confinement. If u ask me, i wd say dun do anything now since as u do rebonding, the smell/air u breathe goes directly to ur body though chemical apply on hair may not touch scalp. Im more concerned abt breathing in the chemical just like cigarette smoke and doing rebonding involves some trim, treatment and process takes abt 4hrs. Maybe nearer delivery date, go for bob cut or cut shorter but still can tie.

BB shampoo and shower gel

I think the bb hospital all use J&J. My gf all used J&J for their bb. I prefer to use kodomo as very nice smelling. However when i had my dd last time, and both hb and i hv eczema, im particular if dd' skin wd be sensitive and i used organic head to toe gel for 1st 6m. California bb cream, shampoo, body wash is one of the range that i used. I like the california cream esp when bb or adult skin is sensitive, it soothes them with nice fragrance even though it is organic. Buying thr smf spree is really cheaper than stores by 20%.

Diaper cream

This is a must for all bb. The best is desitin cream and cheaper thr smf spree as well. I think guardian selling quite exp. Otherwise if bb skin can tahan, many pple use draponene or something like that.

Mrs Lim, i see. ok i'll go and take a look [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks

Janice, u r welcome.

By the way, any mummies have the list of items that need to prepare when we are going to give birth? What needs to bring over to hospital?

thanks in advance :)

Hi berrypie and eid,

it is so nice to have one boy and one girl. I do hope next time we can have a girl too.

Thanks for all the information for BB shampoo and shower gel. And do you mean for J&J yellow colour head to toe shower gel? For hair, is it the orange colour one?

For swelling leg, I was advised by many people that it is good to wear socks during sleeping. Even you are not pregnant, it helps us to have a deep sleep.

As for the desitin cream, I used to see someone was selling under smf spree, but recently I cannot see any. Anyone has the link can be shared here? guardian and watsons are selling very expensive. Btw, some of my friends say Pureen is good and cheap also. Only 3.90 per tube.

Seems like so many people suggested not to do rebonding at the moment,think i will consider to do after delivery.I did called my gynae clinic just now to ask if we can do rebonding.The nurse said if really must do then tell them not to do too near to the scalp.Since so many people said try not to do now,i will do after delivery maybe just go for a hair cut.

Janice-I swim every weekend.I swim frog style.I will also do some stretching exercises in the water which i had learned from my aqua aerobics class.

shjean, it's nice to hv a boy and a girl but gender is not impt to us, most impt the bb is healthy and happy...

Desitin cream is reali good for nappy rashes,u dont hv to apply alot as desitin is quite rich and thick compare to the rest of the cream..1 tube last me abt a year plus...i bout 2 tubes fm the last spree at $9 each, i tink guardian is selling ard $10.50, actually not much savings..

little bb, best not to do the rebonding while u r pregnant...thou i hv friends did it when they r pregnant, they are fine with it but i still dont recommand it...do it after ur confinement...

For those pple with fine/less hair or weak scalp, best no to use any strong chemical like perming/coloring or rebonding after ur delivery cos we tend to start loosing our hair fm 3rd/4th month onwards after delivery....

There are 2 types of Destini cream,which one should i buy? How about nipple cream? Watsons having members event,i am going later.

Little bb, it's blue/white color. Keep us update if there is any good buy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Berrypie,

thanks for your information. So do you apply everytime when you change the diaper? And do you use small towel or square cotton wool or bb wipes to clean bb before apply the cream?

And it seems like there is only cotton ball for baby usage. is it true?

wah! watsons member private sale? I am member also[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shjean, i usually apply after bath or using bb wipes b4 apply the cream. Only apply if there are rashes. Dont use the square cotton, abit rought for bb. Buy a big roll of cotton, then DIY into small cotton balls...

CK is selling bb wipes(100pc) for $1 or 3 pack for $2.75..vy cheap but dont know if its good, boug some to standby 1st...

Just back from watsons private sale,only manage to buy afew items.Bot Laurier panty liner 2for $5.40,2 bottle of Lactacyd feminine wash $5.15 each after 25% off.Desitin rapid relief $12 no offer for this item.There is additional 6% rebate for everyday card members.

Hi shjean, actually no need to envy us. Cos most impt healthy most impt. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shjean, e jj head to toe is meant for washing hair n body already so no need shampoo. If not getting that, can try to look for other brand head to toe also. Cos bb skin very dedicate so try not soak them in the water too long.

Oh yes, for mummies who are carrying bb gal, rem not to use talcum powder near her pte area. I read that it is no good for them as it may caused ovarian cancer in the future. Use bb lotion. So mummies with bb boy also can take note too.

The Watsons sale only lasts for one day. I bought Klorane gental dry shampoo to use during confinement. Got 25% discount for member.

Hi Eid,

Yes. totally agreed with you healthy is the most important. I had quite bad Oscar test result and I cried a lot after knowing the result. Luckily the amniocentesis result is okay. baby is the gift from God and they are so precious.

Thanks for your information for J&J. In fact, I am using J&J for myself since 1st tri.

Glad that i had almost purchasing all the baby stuffs needed.Only afew items havent buy like nipple cream,thermometer,bathtub but heard hospital will give or probably buy a anti slip mat,bb shampoo & shower gel,some small handkerchiefs,breastmilk storage bag or bottle.I think that will be all and im ready to welcome my bundle of joy..Yippy..

Little bb, wah -- now u can just relax and wait for bb come out =pp. Btw, i think the dry shampoo is to used during confinement since we are not supposed to wash our hair then..

Shjean - i read online reviews that the Freestyle's pump is not as powerful as the Pump In Style Advanced (PISA). Hmm, maybe you wanna do some research first? For cheaper options, u can look at the sprees section (overseas) for US Imports where the pumps are selling at 400+ w/o warranty. I bought a PISA at 462 (including adaptor)from http://megababystore.wordpress.com/. Despite that, I also have friends who used Freestyle and liked it/ =)

littlebb

The desitin cream that u bgt from watsons, is 2oz or 4oz of $12? I used alot for my dd when she was born. Think i used many tubes :p

Nipple cream

I bgt some organic ones but i think can do without that as use ur bm is better and heal faster. Just dun let bb pull away from ur nibble as this cause the pain. Use ur index finger insert the side of ur bb' mouth to detach her/him from ur nipple and u shd not have any bruise to boobs. The 1st few days, i let my dd pull away and i tell u, the nipple sore and painful. Awful feeling. If u r not sure, ask the lactation consultant to show u to detach bb safely for u and bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Organic 1st aid cream

I think there is this brand called little buds organic and sold on most stores. They have many range from shower, to mozzie cream, sunblock that is organic and price still ok. I like their 1st aid cream for mozzie bites on bb as it is organic and safe for bb. Adults can use as well.

Mrs lim

U can refer to archive august 3 for the list u need to know what to pack for bb. Shjean and eid shared a comprehensive list with us [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shjean, I bought freestyle at taka fair. Now offer is $799 comes with thermometer, guide book for breastfeeding, baby socks and nursing pads.

Felixp - I didnt know it is not power. Hubby's colleagues recommend Freestyle. Anyway I prefer the weight, lighter, easy to carry.

Littlebb, actually I called kkh for d aqua aerobic abt 2-3 weeks ago n all class full till sept n d lady told me will be too late for me. And thot since it's 7th mth now then I dun go swim 1st hee... If can swim frog style good lah cos dats d only one I know haha

Wah you are fast! I hv not bought anything at all...

Dry shampoo

It's for confinement since we can't wash hair, guardian sells [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummy,

I naughty lor, cannot resist totally no wash hair during my previous confinement. I will use the herb boil water to bath everyday, and sometimes will wash hair 2 or 3 times in a week. But I will close the bathroom and room window, try to make my hair dry before come out. To prevent caught with cold win after shower lo.

Janice - Is the dry shampoo good? I'm going back to my mum's house for confinement and confirm she wont allow me to wash my hair. But I can't tahan not to wash hair for a month.

Hi shjean,

you can also go to KK, there is 1 shop selling Medela freestyle around $659, if you want the local warranty. I bought the PISA at $629 from the shop too.

Main difference between PISA and Freestyle:

Freestyle allows hand-free and lighter. Motor is the same as PISA.

Mrs Lim, i'm not sure is the dry shampoo good cos i've not use it b4. My cousin is working in guardian and she's the one who told me guardian sells the dry shampoo :p

Mrs Lim, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] actually thinking if only use dry shampoo i dunno i can stand it or not hahah

Back