(2011/08) Aug 2011

tmoro morning going to dress baby Alya in qipao set with oranges and go visit the neighbours. i have quite a bit of CNY hampers with goodies that we dont eat so donate them to the neighbours with the hope of getting hong bao back..heheh...

caramelle: how come still in office? what u working as? ur girl must look so cute in qipao.. must post pics.. are you in FB?

How's every one with their MS? Better? I don't feel so good now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anyone going to Chinatown later? I want to go but am so scared of the crowd.

I really find it very difficult to resist the CNY goodies. I love to eat pineapple tarts and chigu (arrowhead crackers) but dun dare to eat cause not sure if it is safe.

Dandelion,

Me. Today three times Liao.

Now resting n waiting to eat dinner ... Not going anywhere.

Chinatown is going to be very crowded.

BefabbulouslyPositive,

be positive .. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eat then puke then go and eat again then puke ..

that's what's happening to me .. eat little bit will do .. got good food i oso cannot really enjoy.

Gong xi fa cai everyone.

Juz back from bro inlaw"s house for reunion dinner..

Like what shint said " eat, puke then eat again" I ate some pineapple tart juz now

hehe

Happy chinese new year everyone!!!

Just want to ask anyone having headache?? I'm into my 14 weeks le, still feeling the nausea during the evening n night but now with headache. Heard that we should avoid taking panadol is it?

GOOD MORNING MTBS!!!! GONG XI FA CAI.....

Just want to update everyone that I had a great reunion dinner at in laws pl yesterday. Simple family food (the usual fish, duck, chix, yusheng, gor hiang) I was very filled aftere ating so much and kept rubbing my tummy...i think rub for 2 hrs so that food can digest, and went toilet 5 times to pee.

We broke the news to in laws and they were v happy. (guess all in-laws will be happy lah) My MIL so cute, ask me to start reading storybook to the baby inside...kekekee. SIL also share her story on how terrible it was for her as she puke 9 mths.

Went back to my mum's pl around 10.30pm, and had 1 small bowl of steamboat soup + abalone...yummy! Then head home to catch the last hr of CNY TV and KO at 12midnight.

This morning, I has MacDonalds pancake..DH went out to buy. Now, I am preparing to go my mum's pl for lunch...

Hope everyone have a fun filled day today..

hwee fen,

Did your gynae give you any panadol? I thin panadol is ok to take cos my gynae gave me. Rest well, and drink lottsa water.

yesterday and today, I am like a camel, kept craving for water!!

xin nian kuai le!!

PiPi: glad ur announcement went well!! sure in laws happy one hee

super concuss cos pukey and insomnia last night..

had Macdonalds for breakfast too! =) yumzz

Hwee Fen,

yes i am suffering from headache and dizzy spell as well... on the first day of CNY .. had to go home halfway

Seems like it's common. Cos I just had mygynae visit then the headache started. Didn't want to go back specially to get medicine.. Think next visit must get from her le.

Hows everyone new year? I just reached home not sure whether can gout again cos ow my headache starting again. Hopefully it will be better later.

Nellie: have a good rest.

Pipi: thx.

Hi mummies, happy new year to all!!!

Me suffered from bad headache as well, panadol is safe, but only the normal kind, not those Panadol extra...I sleep a lot more when I got headaches and it usually gets better after that...so do rest more hwee fen!

But I have been feeling nausea the whole of today, and unable to eat much...hopefully it will turn better soon...the only lucky thing is that I am able to eat reunion dinner till quite happy and enjoyed it...

Happy new yr!!

Seems like a few of u hvg headache...me too!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] started this afternoon n didn't get better despite takg a nap. After 2 panadol was abit better, nw headache again...need to take panadol again later before I sleep cos I know it won't go away even w sleepg...

Panadol is safe. BUT not those panadol extra, panadol cold etc... ONLY the normal most traditional one can take.

Hope everyone hv a great cny![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

How's everyone's cny? I had a day of the same routine, eat puke eat puke then eat again. And dizzy spells too. Hope everyone had a great day today ;)

Dh's grandma passed away this evening and he's over at relatives plc settling stuff. I'm feeling so sick my mil prefers for me to stay hm. Wanted to ask ur opinion if I shd attend at least once? Reason we r so concerned cos it wasn't easy for us to conceive and we have to be extra careful with all we do...

changni,

If your MIL gives you permission to stay at home, I think you should stay at home. Maybe you just silently pray to Grandma and tell her that you are really feeling miserable.

But if you feel a little ok, can walk...then just attend for a while. Else better not go, cos if you go, they have to take care of you...more troublesome.

Umm I guess I'll let my mil decide. Will go if she asks me to. Thanks ladies ;)

All stalls are closed today so ordering mac delivery... Dono if can stay in. What's everyone's plans today?

Pipi: i watched da shi jie with family ytd my mil cover my eyes when showing the 'ghost house' scene haha..

Had simple bfast at home after puked some saliva in morning, then headed out to temples (as usual) then had muthu curry lunch @ suntec (woohoo) thereafter movie @ marina sq, dinner @ manhattan fish market - came home KO right after hot shower lol

I had enjoyed 1st day of cny hope everyone else did too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bellering: what an eventful day!

Ladies, can I ask silly question ah.. first trimester is 12, 13 or 14 weeks ah? Some places put 12, some 14.. Im a bit blur even though Im a second time mum.. thanks!

Changni, my DH's grandma also passed away about 2 weeks ago. My in-laws told me not to go cause still in the first tri so I did not attend at all. Am sure she will understand and she will also want the best for you and your Dh.

But yesterday, all of us went to Dh's uncle's house for gathering and I paid respect to her there.

Sus: I'm also pondering over that question. Most of the gynaes say 12 weeks.. But too be safe I only announced at 13 wks. 3 more days to 14 wks!

Dan: thanks for sharing. Yup my mil is concerned too, but we r worries cos we don't wan relatives to start talking etc. But luckily they all decided I shdnt attend. I'll pay respect to her after the procession. Dh also din come home since thurs n will only be home on Monday cos they say he can't return till after the ceremony. So I'm stuck alone at home... It's either cooking plain porridge to fill my tummy or ordering mac and pizza.

bellering,

wow your day very occupied and fun filled.

sus,

I am not very sure, my own gynae says 12 weeks. but my friend's gynae says 14 weeks wor...My friend's gynae actually said that 14 weeks later, the baby is safe. But I am a first time mum so I am not sure. But I told my in laws this week (wk 13).

I had this terrible headache at night (like head is splitting into 2 and very thirsty) ..this morning headache was still there and had not choice but to put medicated oil, drink water and sleep through. Now I am feeling much better. *phew* I wonder if I am too heaty, tt's why I haven't taken my morning dose of vitamin.

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone!

PiPi: Oh dear... i start announcing to everyone already as this week is week 12. Relatives who saw me asked me if I am pregnant as well.. it's too obvious to hide. Hope everything is safe and well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all MTBs!

hwee fen> I had long history of headaches and migraine... Once I had bad headache due to puking, my GP (not gynae) prescribed me with some "pure panadol" which are supposedly milder than those over the counter. He mentioned that normal panadol is ok but try not to take unless really needed.

I noticed my headache comes after I puke, maybe becoz of the intensity when I puke?

sus> all along I thought 12 weeks = 1st trimester. Some also tell me it should be 14 weeks... anyway, my bloated tummy gave me away le... all my relatives from sides know me preggy le...

hello mummies, I went for my OSCAR test this morning...

bb was not in the position the sonographer wanted and I had to cough, turn here and there while sonograher to shake the scan stick several times to tickle the baby... overall took almost 30min coz waiting for bb to turn...

We tried to "Kar Jiao" the bb, then bb gave a very non-chalent attitude, stretch a bit, open his mouth, stuck his thumb/hand in!! then we could see his mouth moving as if sucking something for quite a while... I'm very surprised bb has started sucking his thumb! did we see wrongly? hee... The sonographer didnt say anything as she was busy measuring. The feeling is so amazing...

I was only drawn one tube of blood. I thought there should be 3 vials? or 3 vials = 1 tube? My result will only be released to me during my next visit to gynae's clinic next thurs... what a long wait. I hope everything will be fine.

babysee

Haha ur bb so cute can suck thumb in there! Mine very active he/she kept turning around, as if playing somersault inside lol i even saw him/her sit up in that limited space of womb and sonographer stops moving scanner just to let us hv longer view of it haha and tickle to let bb move to side or vise versa.. it was amazing!

Also they taken 1 tube of my blood for further check which claims to be 90% accuracy (with scannings should be 80% without BT) according to my gynae. I think we paid extra for that further test [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Bellering, I've always heard u all's babies playing somersault but I've not seen mine does that... only the sit ups and small kicks. maybe bb is very relax... haa.. I couldn't believe my eyes when we saw the image bb put his/her thumb/hand in in a slow motion... the sucking part look pretty obvious with the mouth moving...

I heard that heartrate also tells gender... Above 140 = girl. mine's above 150 wor... hmm.. I can tell hb wants a boy for 1st child.

Hi cindy, I paid around $320. Test done at TMC.

Haha actually not the real somersault im referring babysee! i was abit exaggerating while describing it LOL my bb did kicks, waves hand and sit up during that abt 10+min scannings [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Really! how much accuracy for heartrate to tell gender? mine was 178 and i knw my DH secretly wishing for a girl for the first! But my PIL are more traditional type n i knw they want a grandson hehe!

Cindy: I paid $300 @ SGH (with scan + blood test)

Happy New Year to all mommies ;)

wow, most mommies here has almost or alrdy reached 2nd trimester... congrats congrats

me will be approaching 12 weeks soon and doing OSCAR test on 17 Feb and yes hope BBs are active & growing healthily inside me now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enjoy your day!!!

bellering/changni/babysee/PiPi: Thanks Im about 13 weeks.. but MS not reducing leh.. is that normal for you girls? I hope 14 weeks will get better!

bellering/babysee: So cute.. baby keep turning around and sucking thumb.. its so amazing isnt it? I rem for my no. 1, he stuck out his tongue while we were doing the scan.. so cheeky =p

Im thinking of just doing the NT scan without the Oscar blood test.. any mummies just doing that?

hi sus,

just want to let you know that like you, i am also puking. Yesterday was the worstfor this week cos I basically puke everything I ate out in the afternoon. After that I was totally exhausted.

hi mtbs,

have you guys heard that we are not allowed to eat ginger? My aunt came over yest. and said that I should eat less ginger cos baby will turn out yellow or sickly...(she said "ng sng" in hokkien)

babysee,

Sadly, KK TPS they didn't let me listen to the heart beat. The doc asked the nurse to bring the something to the room after I asked. But later, I told the doc, no need lah, as long as baby is healthy. I think I will feel very excited if I heard it...kekeke.

Sus,Pipi

My MS is not better anyway, still puking the meals out everyday without fail.

I will be doing my OSCAR test tomorrow.. pray hard that everything is okay (super worry now)

PiPi, I nvr heard cannot eat ginger.. but read somewhere tat drinking ginger tea can ease nausea.. anyway i think just take in moderation should be fine..

Mama, jia you for ur Oscar tml.. i will be doing it on thurs..

pipi,

no never heard tt we cant take ginger. i tot ginger can chase away wind (qu feng)? yeah take some shld be ok de lah.

mama,

good luck for ur oscar test! i haven gotten result yet cos did blood test on same day as the scan. but my gynae did the scan aft the sonagrapher and said fr the looks of the scan, shld be ok.

Mummies who did the Oscar test at tmc how much was it? I paid $452! Was so shocked and after that went to see Gynae still gotta pay $60 for blood test!!! I don't remember paying so much prev. Mine was Oscar scan with blood test. The receipt said oscar+fa with uterine Doppler package 7. Anyone else had the same experience? I also paid for my dr pkg so kena $1k plus on sat!

Back