(2011/08) Aug 2011

All these talk on C-sect is making me scared =p

I was lucky to have natural with epidural for no. 1 but I always thought C-sect was painless and very small wound!

sus: whahhahaa.... no its not painless for some.. ok i admit i m that SWAY one. lol :p

dont be scare, too early for anything :p

sweetest moments cakes nice.. and also the packaging is good and my guests love them lots. :p

Reminds me.. anyone of you had gestational diabetes before? I had for my previous one.. so think I may be that 'lucky' again.. sob

bbPotato: Last pregnancy I had to control diet so hard.. but end up bb very small.. born only 2.38 kg.. so im wondering if get again, how to manage it.. cos I think at least a 3 kg bb is better in the long run

C-sect

I had a good experience with my csect before (sept 2008)

The pain was bearable, I manage to breastfeed and walk around the next day...

Gynae asked me if I want to try vbac this time but I said "no, I still want to do c-sect".

But I heard peoples saying second c-sect will be more painful because they cut your precious wound.. Hopefully not lol...

ochamilo: I am in shanghai now. It's freezing cold. Got a bad cough now. The doctor prescribed me a cough mixture n told me explicitly all flu / cough medicine have not been tested on pregnant ladies before! Only tested on animals! But he said, so far, no problem la.

Carole: funny. I confirmed with dr thong nurse today, she really not taking new patients. I think I 'll just go TMC since it's nearer to my home. I wonder how she chooses her patients. I guess I have not been with her long enough Ba.

Hi cocoa

Me! And it's super itchy too, especially after a bath and during the evening.. I noticed visible stretch marks too... Sigh!

Hi carole,

hoho, dun flip dun flip. Did yur gynae say when then he will be able to advise either CSEC or VBAC?

Hey sus,

then continue to go for natural bah. My case was #1 is overdue and too big to try for natural thus decided to go for CSEC to solve all worries. I heard positive comments from other mummies on their CSEC, I am the sway one to have such a long cut. o_o

Hi mama_guai,

they cut on same wound?? I hope not coz kiloid forms on the previous cut and "feels" very painful if cut on same place again...

Hi Coco,

my boobs is slightly enlarged and more firmed than usual.

coco: i see. i seriously dont know why. i kpo on 14 jan and see why...

Sam: duno whahahaha.. she will surely tell me that comes 32 weeks.

Pooh: safe trip. Flying back fr usa is no joke. Unless u r in biz class. Heh.

Val, sam: ya, i hv some slight rash in the chest area too. When i saw the family doctor in shanghai for my cough, he says the hormone surge may make mummies have thicker hair/ hairy! Haha.

Carole: okok. maybe she doesnt wan to earn my money. Heh. She is a good doctor still, in my mind.

Sigh...having sleepless night again..

I slept at 9pm with my kids. duhz.. phone keeps ringing and looking for my ward who is in orientation camp. I told them each time they called to call back on saturday, but just too persistant. duh.. last straw came at 11.54pm. i just pull that damn cable out.

from then i cant sleep.. shit manz.. arghhh!

good morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

felt like throwing up my dinner so went to zz early last nite... heard my #1 wailing for mummy but I really dun feel well... so heartpain n helpless... feels like i m neglecting #1.. how?

re: c-sec

carole n samantha, gosh, that sounds so painful! i must pray hard that #2 will be natural w/o epi too... i m allergic to pain killer -- requested gynae not to give me any(else my eyes will swell like goldfish and I cannot see my baby)... the pain from stitching was more painful than giving birth! now still hv phobia of the pain... for the 1st 2 weeks, hubby was the one holding baby and changing diaper as I was in great pain.

re: cough

coco, if u can, dun take the cough medicine to be on the safe side... drink more warm water and abstain from spicy n oily food(a bit tough in shanghai)...

Oh yes yes coco, my hair texture was quite bad during my #1. Hair start to fall after delivery. Now my hair already started falling even in 1st stage of pregnancy! =( I already booked appointment to chop them off, get it rebond before I prepare for the confinement. Hohoho!

Hey Carole, so you going back to the same gynae... My gynae already told me to opt for CSEC during my 28th week! Very discouraging lo... coz I wanted to try natural. Blessing in disguish, I chose CSEC la... Dun think I am able force out lo... But the pain definitely left me nightmares.... So... if I can choose either way on 32th week, really dunno which one to take.

hey gals, i need some advice.

do your feeling that your heartbeat faster? and do your have sharp pain around ur tummy there??

was thinking should i go see doc or not... or can i w8 until next wed...

morning adv_sports, my #1 just started childcare on Monday. Wah... cried a lot due to separation anxiety. Then worse still, I am so unwell and cant attend to him. Aiyo... to him its like I dun wan him anymore and sending him to foreign place. =( Really hope he can settle down soon if not once my bum gets bigger n bigger, I cant carry and attend to him as often as I used to le...

coco69 : ME! wanting to burst like that....was telling hubby that i need to get bigger bra this morning... Do u experience sensitive nipple too?

Carole : my update to the table... EDD(21 Aug), #1, Dr. TM Chua / NUH . Thanks!

Summer : I do experience sudden pain too. Gynae told me it's normal. as we will experience menses cramp alike pain. Do see your gynae if your pain is unbearable...

hey summerpeh,

heartbeat ah, like no difference. I do have some sharp pain at times, like once a while in a day. End up go LS. I think its ok at the moment, just wait until next wed bah.

Sam: i got no other gynae to go to. I hv been with her since 1997/98. used to it. She is the best to tell me what to go for. But i will have that fear in me! really.

Vonnes: noted will update shortly.

summer, yes, my heartbeat is faster -- guess it is due to my heart working harder to supply air to me n baby... i do feel sharp pain if i turn too fast on the bed or getting out of bed too fast... now must slow motion -- turn slowly to my side, push my body to sit up position... when do u experience sharp pain?

samantha, sayang ur boy -- hope he adjust to childcare soon! my #1 was in infant care from 4 months old -- so she was used to life in childcare. in fact, i think she feels happier there with so many little friends :p

yah, i feel tired carrying my #1 now... think will ask hubby to send her to childcare when my bum is bigger...

vonnes, u can buy bra extension from maternity wear shops... i m using them now as i feel breathless with the tight bra... yes, my nipples is very sensitive n seems to be always erected!

vonnes, Samantha> Oo ok. thank you. then i not so worried le...

adv_sports> the pain just came yesterday, have seat too long i guess & maybe too tired...

Hi all went for my second visit and gynae assured be that my pregnancy is going well..phew.. He say mine only 5.5 weeks and the screen shows 2 tiny white dots.still too early to hear heartbeat. Say 2 weeks later should be able to. Can't wait. Doc prescribed duphaston to me though I m not spotting to stabilize the baby and some medicine to decrease the bloat ess. Morning sickness beginning to pickup and I dread it cos I can't seem to puke!!argh

Just came back from gynae visit. Oscar test scheduled on 12th week which 3wks later (before CNY). Couldn't see bb hands and feet as yet but doc said bb's growing pretty strong in there thus she cuts off my duphaston & folic acid intake and substitute me with multivitamin tab - new obimin, and some promethazine for nausea/vomit purposes.

Hi Carole, require ur help in updating my EDD 17 Aug 2011 instead. Thanks!

Ladies, haven't been logging in since I started work on Tuesday. Sighz, can all the mummies here give me some advice?

I'm a teacher and this is my first preg. This year, I am assigned a weak class and my kids this year are not able to follow instructions and are mischievous. Although I've been trying to take it easy, it's really not easy and unavoidably, I get frustrated at times and i have to raise my voice(therefore agitate all my nerves) to get their attention. Been worrying about miscarriage since then. Can someone advise if actions like this will lead to miscarriage or affect the development of the foetus?

Not forgetting that I walk around alot and stand a lot. Am about 4.5 weeks preggy now. Feeling so insecured.

Hi ladies,

I just found out that I'm pregnant this week!! Last mth I was so busy with my wedding and didn't realise that I might be pregnant until this week then I went to buy the test kit and tested positive. Couldn't believe myself, I even went to a GP yesterday to double confirm and it's really positive.. My last period was actully on 1st Nov. By right my next preriod should be due on around 5th Dec. My period has always been regular. Although i miss, i didn't really suspect that I was pregnant and didn't really noticed if I'm having any symptoms. I thought it was due to stress cos busy preparing for my wedding which is end of dec. So experience mum out there, can someone tell me how many weeks I'm pregnant? Is it around 9 wks from 1st Nov? So my EDD should be somewhere in Aug right? This pregnancy is totally very sudden for me cos we just got married only last week and not mentally prepared. Somemore I'm pregnant even before wedding.. Don't know if our parents will be angry with us..

I have already make an appt with the gynae next sat. All along since i'm not prepared, I didn't really take any folic acids and my diets are as per normal. So will it affect the development of the baby? Really worried.

Carolyn, why parents angry? i m sure they will be delighted with a bb into the family sooner. dont think so much.

Congrats Carolyn.

Try not to stress yrself anymore, what happened can't be reversed, dun think yr parents will be angry. It's just a matter of time, u become parents after the marriage.

Dandelion, hi hi I'm also a pri sch tr. I can totally understand wat u mean. One of my classes is a tail-end class. Though not exactly naughty, they really need me to give em special attention, ie go right in fr of em to ask em follow simple instruction. I try not to shout, but sometimes I do. Also worried my BB will be short tempered next time. But I must say being pregnant makes me more good tempered. Cos happy mood!

Carolyn, my case also similar to u. Got married early dec. Haven told parents bout this cos I really dunno if they will be too shocked!!! Wait they think we 'work' very hard, so embarrassing! But whatever it is, our BB is a gift so must treasure.

dandelion,

understand your frustrations... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] raising your voice shld not increase the risk of miscarriage... but i always try to tell myself, not good for baby to always hear mummy screaming and try not to be too loud.. Being new to you, the class needs time to get used to your style of discipline.. The year will get better!!

no worries.. in education, stand and walking alot is good, lots of exercise.. but then, you may wanna rest when possible in the later part of the pregnancy when the bum is heavier and you might get more tired easily..

19 more weeks of work before June Holidays!!

Carolyn,

Congrats!! no worries abt the folic acid.. can aways start now.. to be frank.. i always forgot to take my folic acid and watever pills i was prescribed when i was with no1..

just woke up from a nap.. lolz...shiok..

think my MS is here.. been having the urge to puke.. but nothing much came out.. strange siapsiap feeling in my mouth too.. food seems to taste weird and awful..

bad, bad, bad...

also experienced some cramping pain in the tummy area.. think it's pretty normal cos think i got that the prev round.. as long as no spotting, i'm not worried..

Back