(2011/08) Aug 2011

Tunis, my weight remains the same when CL is around I start losing it when she left. No good food n have to take care of baby.

Xq, What is the timing that your bb always cry for attention? Mine will fuss the most around Evening time. Will cry if we leave her crying in her cot. She always wants us to carry her.

Felicia, lochia shd clear by 28 days. Do u want to visit yr gynae. I only hv spotting fr 2-3 wks . Done my pap smear on fri.

Hamtaro, mine is also ard evening time, usu fr 5-6pm feeding till abt 8-9pm feeding, he will be awake n grouchy. Yesterday we took him out for dinner at suntec city, he was ok, we got home at 8.45pm, after his feeding he stared again. I put him to sleep in my arms, till he fall asleep, bk to his cot, 5mins later, he cry. It went on till the next feeding at midnight before he fall asleep.n

My bb is 3 wks, she drinking any 100ml per feed every 2 hour, is it the norm? I realized my supply dropped once I started massage, mus supplemt w Fm. Sianz, reali feel like givi up, express every 3 hr yet nt enuf?

Hi Mummies,

Sorry for the interruption. I am a Jan '11 mommy who is letting go of a brand new lucky baby playmate (with pictures of animals printed on it)at $25. Orginal price was $30.

Also letting a baby swimming tub( used only 3 times) at $45. Bought in March '11 at $70. Self collect at CCK MRT or delivery can be arranged at $5.

Do PM me if interested. Price still negotiable. Thanks for reading.

Wow... Here u are talking about losing weight and there I am

Eating all the pig trotters myself. How to lose weight like that? Faintz!

By the way, if anyone needs EBM please PM me... I got around 15-20 packs (200-300ml each) to give away. Dated from 29 aug onwards. Collection at Serangoon north.

My freezer is almost full and really heart pain to throw away

Aqua, think it's normal bah. My PD told me to increase the feed by 10ml each week until I reach 120ml per feed when baby is 1 month old.

If you are still feeding every 2 hourly can try to increase a little and see if can stretch to 3 hours.

Aqua, my gal when 3 weeks old then was also drinking 100ml every 2 hrs. She's 5 weeks n still drinking 100ml. PD advise us to drag the interval to 3 hours. But I feel BM is so watery, when bb pee often, they will feel hungry again.

Aqua,

My bb oso same same. 80-120mls per feed every 2-3hrs. Sometimes takes 20mins to finish. Sometimes abt an hr. Will oso cry in cot then carry stop crying.

3 wks is growth spurt. After this will be consistent.

I'm hvg cold feet as the day for CL leaving gets nearer. She leaving this sat. So tired, but can't sleep well. Can't even take a nap cos I'm so stressed!

My baby is 1 mth old, and drink between 80ml to 140 ml each feed. He still cry 3 hrly for milk, sometimes even 2 hrly. When can he wake up only evey 4 hrs?? Super tired waking up to feed...

Aqua: my supply hasn't increased, its been 4 wks, everytime i pumped, its between 30ml to 70ml, baby loves breastmilk, he drinks much faster and more whenever we give him EBM. Thatz why i am still dragging on to give him at least 2 or 3 bottles a day. But i really don't know how long i can persist...

Ham taro,

Hw u coping? My bb grunting gets bad at night and kept my CL and maid up all night. What m I to do when she leaves and I gotta take over?

Why is it so difficult to take care of a wee baby??

I really regretted. I have no energy for my ds1 and tends to

get impatient and listless with him even tho i keep reminding myself I cannot take it out on him. Itz not his fault!

Is it me? How do the previous generation manage to have so many kids and keep their sanity? I can't believe Im putting myself thru this again.

Xq,

Y not get some ebm from wl?

I'm oso gvg donor ebm. It's such a waste to throw them away.

Last time there are wet-nurses..this is like the modern version of it. Just my tots.

Sungrapes: Yep, actually PM her. My baby also..the time he is awake is longer and longer, and whenever he is awake he is so damn grouchy......[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] super tired taking care of him!

Sungrapes, weekend is better as my husband is around to help me. He's more patient then me. I get very frustrated when bb cry, like this evening I bathe her, she cries again. Every bath session is a struggle between me n her. I thought bb likes water but not my gal.

Tonight she's also cranky at sleep time, cry n cry. We finally give in to pacifier. I'm praying for tomorrow as I'll be alone again.

R there any aug mummies who are actually enjoying taking care of their bbs??

I'm getting quite demoralized here!

Carol, Medela's service centre is at Medela service centre 

81 Toh Guan Rd East #03-01 Secom Centre. Tel: 65626298. Do call them to find out.

Sungrapes: i enjoy my baby when he is calm and not cranky. But once or twice a day, he'll be super hard to handle. Like hamtaro, wkends are my heaven when hubby takes care of baby most of the time. Even had the luxury to spend time at dog run with my dog! He handle baby better than me. I always joked that my son hated me coz everytime i try to pacify him, he cry even louder....grrrrrr....

sungrapes

hugz

humans r very adaptable. i'm sure we'll able to cope with anything no matter what. im sure WE can do it!

think in a few more weeks aft we get used to taking care of bb we'll think back n laugh it off.

looking forward to bringing bb out shopping in the 3rd or 4th mth when things are more stable!

wl,

hAAha pig trottles i love them too n ate a lot!

cos mummies here slim dwn so fast me so ask them for secret mtd.

wa! u got so much milk! envious. mine is just enough now. in e beginning still can store a bit. now bb drinking more so just nice.

hamtaro

ok my cl leaving next fri/sat. think i better stop looking at e scales until after that. she also said after she leave will sure slim dwn. i pray hard this will turn true.

Xiaoqing, thanx! Have emailed them =)

Me also super tired & now dd1 down w throat infection even worse. My ds2 is a milk monster & drinking 180ml @ 5wks! Not gonna stress myself & gonna resort to mixing w FM soon...

Yah, someone mentioned b4 tat if u think abt it, this period is only a few months out of the 80yrs tat we live, so hang on there everyone~

Thks guys!!

Everyday hope will be a better day.

Sch reopens! Gonna send my boy to new kindy later!

Pls pls dun let him cry!

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

hi everyone, long time no see. I see a few more new names here each time I pop by.

Seems like alot of bb are having growth spurt. My bb girl drinks alot of milk recently. 90ml, then 1 hr later, 30ml, then another hr later keep crying and crying, we have 60ml. Bb gal slept so soundly after that!

Imagine she was only drinking 60ml when CL was around. After CL left, she started drinking more and more. I was so afraid she might explode her tummy!!

Anyone brought their bb for Hep B injection already? I am bring my bb to KKH for injection and it can only be given on 2nd mth. Anyway oso good cos my bb was a little feverish last week.

How is all your appetite? Getting bigger, same or smaller after confinement?

Talk about SLEEP! I am a pretty lousy mother. I couldn't cope w waking up at night, so asked my mum over to help me. Poor hubby gotto sleep in living room. Hahaha. Anyway after 1 week, I must say my ears are now more sensitive to baby's cries! Imagine I can sleep while bb is crying.

These 2 nights, I realised bb's cries are starting to get louder cos my maid is able to hear bb crying and she got up to help make milk then feed my bb while I collapse on the bed, slowly dozing off while checking out maid feeding bb. (seriously I actually knocked out b4 bb finished her milk) I am soo terrible...

Pipi, ur new mAid so gd ? Can look after bb n can do nite feed? I haven't let my maid touch my newborn n all nite feedin I do. I tot we mus giv them 8 hr full sleep n nt suppose to disrupt them at nite for bb feeding .

My bb drinkin more too n my breast milk barely enuf n mus make Fm. Mos of the mummies here still bf ?

Aqua: My maid learnt from CL and got a bit of training from CL before.

I didn't allow her to do night feed immediately after CL left. My bbb cot moved from maid's room to my own room after CL left.

Initially I couldn't cope with the night feeds after 1 night (w/o maid's help)so I called my mum over to help me for night feeds. (w/o maid's help).

Unfortunately this week, Sat and Sun, my mum was busy so I had to rely on myself, hubby and maid. Sad to say hubby cannot make it after 1 night! In the end, the maid told me she can help me and ask me not to worry.(super surprised!!!)

So truely, maid woke up at 430am to change diapers for bb as hubby dunno how to do it, and for dunno whatever reasons, I didn't wake up at all!! Whhahhaa...terok right?

Yesterday, somehow the bb's cries started getting louder cos my maid automatic woke up and came into my room and help me make milk and feed baby. (though I was half awake carrying bb while trying to make my way to a mini table in my room to make milk)

I usually prep hotflask, 3oz of milk powder into milk powder dispenser x3, cooled boiled water, steralised milk bottles so that I dun have to rush to kitchen n then bedroom to feed baby.

hello sungrapes, how's everything? Long time no see!!!

Aqua: My maid wakes up b/w 6-7am every day and sleep ard 10-12am. Sometimes I ask her to go and sleep but she dun want. So now I am less bothered.

Hey girls...

I think my baby is constantly on growing spurts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] She suckles for 15 min then falls asleep and this goes on for an hour or 1.5. Then 1.5 hrs later she is at it again ;). Is this normal for bf mummy?

How do you all guage how much bb drinks?

Felicia, my boy also same thing. I fed him from 5.15 to 5.45pm. Then again at 6.30pm. And guess what? In feeding Him again right now!

Really no way to gauge how much they drink except by the number of wet diapers. Super Sianz!

Pipi,

U so easy going..gd leh..not easily stressed. Wish can be like u. U lucky ur maid has the initiative to help out. Is she a mother herself?

Aqua, yes me near parkway. U around here as well?

Actually can wake maid up. Just let them rest in the daytime

when less thgs to do. And of course dun expect them to do

evthg. Maybe just housework and bb or housework and cook.

Eg my maid does marketing evday, cook and housework before bb. Now if I decide to let her do nite feeds, then I wun

make her go marketing and less housework.

Happy to report that my ds1 has adapted. Well, he did manja and cry abit, but soon was engrossed by the activities. Phew!

My bb getting quite abit of rash and pimples on his face. His ears skin oso getting rash and dry. Is it normal? CL and mil say is heat rash, but worried cld be eczema.

Bb vacc can be done at polyclinic? Much cheaper right? Do we need to make appt or just walk in? Gotta bring the health booklet? Does it include the monthly chkup?

My ds1 did at private PD and so ex.

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I am one of the july mummies. I would like to ask if anyone interested in buying breast pumps? I have one avent isis single electric and one medela swing for sale. Willing to let go at low price, however price has to be reasonable. Price to be negotiated if you are interested. Kindly drop me a text at 81803431 or email me at [email protected] if interested[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks

Hi everyone!

it seems like we all have 1 common problem here that is our babies drink milk every 1-2hrs & it seems like d milk always not enough for them.

i was thinking to add some wheat "mi hu" into d milk but the Friso's nutrietionist said cannot must wait till at least 4 mths old. haiiii!!!! so sad

wish theres someone expert can help, it was so tiring to wake up every 1-2 hrs at nite

Mdm chin, you can't. Babies cannot digest rice, you just hv to wake up to feed. A 4 mths old baby i knew started eating mi hu, and ended up having terrible mouth ulcers. Such foos should be introduced 6mths and beyond

Haaa I think since my girl birth I have forgotten what is sleep! I was determined to feed her full at 1145 just now, happily pumped out 90ml. Latched her on for 10min. Then bottle fed her. I was so excited cos it's my first time giving her bottle.

The shock of my life came when she finished 80ml, the milk came out of her mouth and nose!!! I almost fainted. I think she also shocked, didn't cry.

Then my hubby told me he forgot to tell me to burp her halfway through. Cos nanny left this afternoon.

Now m still recovering from the shock can't sleep.. And thinking about the spilled milk.

Gilera: Nuh is my biggest mistake ;)

Sungrapes: hmm actually I do enjoy taking care of my baby so far. She is my biggest gift and biggest surprise.

For a long time I was always told by Chinese physician that I can't conceived or it will be hard. And gyene told me I got faibroids la, tilted dunno what la. Well I could say I was affected but I tried not to care. Then last yr nov, my hubby n I decided we are ready, that nov end we conceived.

The wait for bb to arrive was beautiful. I m curious who she is, what sort of person is she, how does she looks like, what would she like or not.

And now she is here. While it's tiring I find it a joy to try to make sense of a randomness, spot for trends of her behaviour, eye movements, cries and of cos i am looking forward to her talking and playing with me.

I told my hubby, to live all over again and to go through all the rubbish I faced when young just to reach this stage, I would ;)

To even take the step to say I want to be preggy was a huge step. I took 8 years to reduce my weight to pre birth 45kg. And took lots of pains to maintain it. Now I am back to where I was and to have to start that horrendous lonesome walk of losing weigh is pretty sickening.

Also now, have to give up dreams of further studying studying overseas, travel, have lots of personal space .. All gone over night n to b put on long hold...

But it is worth it I now still say. ;) haa bb crying ... Mother cow got to go...

felicia wl n mdm chin

my bb was like tt too. in fact latched om n off from 8-10pm yesterday night. he unlatched himself n e next moment crying to drink many times. i alt sides until my breasts feel empty. burped him like 4 times halfway, n yet he vomitted twice. still looking for milk at 10pm until hubby took him away n pat him to sleep. he slept to 2.30am n now just finished his 1hr latch..

felicia, my boy had milk coming out of his nose immediately aft latching twice. xin tong also.. so now i try to burp between switching sides but sometimes hard cos once take out fr one side to switch he cries for more milk n keeps throwing his head n kicking...

sungrapes

for vacination some polyclinic need appt some walkin.

better to call n check before going cos if not wait very long'.

initially booked appt but then decided to go gp. polyclinic dun have 6-in-1 so bb need to take hepb at 1 mth then 5-in-1 at 2nd mth. if gp or pd can combibe both to take 6in1 at 2nd mth. so bb have one less injection.

Haaaa Tunis good! I was awake at 2 for the latch but I was so zombified I couldn't log on to read Haaaaa just stuck her there and slept haaaaaaa

Which pd are you all using? I need to get out of Nuh totally! M looking around for a pd.

What do you all do when your bb is awake, active, getting attention and not sleeping? .... Haaa like now for the last 15 min.

Hi mummies, welcome to all new mummies here.

I hav bin v busy w my bb gal. Today is my 4th wk of confinement. Looking fwd to the end.

My gal has been fussy lately, like last nite, she woke up at 1am and eye big big till 2.30am. Cry, latch, bottle feed, diaper change, cuddle, sing, talk, scold etc, can't put her to sleep. OMG! I'm zombie today. Wonder if she like this when I back to work in Dec, don't knw how to perform in my job.

Has all mummies arranged the bb care after back to work? I enrolled my gal to infant care @ MyFirstSkool. Initially enrolled her in another infant care w/o aircon. But once she is out, her body is so warm and easily gwet rashes. So, decided to let her hav aircon. So, I think my deposit at the previous center will be forfeited. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Felicia, ur statement v true. I juz told my hb I forgot de labor pain liaw, coz yesterday is Mon, my gal born on Mon, so yesterday is the mark of full 3 wks liaw. ;) bb r just so amazing.

Pipi, u still b/fing? I don't knw how long I can hang on. I just v v v tired w the whole process, pump, feed, latch, sterilize every 3-4 hrly, else get bad engorgement. my boob feel like massage till "or che" pain liaw. Even the skin is peeling off coz massage too frequently to get rid of block ducts. Sigh... But when my gal latch and I see her so close to me, I feel I can hang on there. So, let's see lo.

Hi sungrapes

My baby just inject 6in1, d doc said 6weeks onwards can hv 6in1

& make sure u check each clinic for d price, they all got diff prices for d injection

Hamatro, I pump before letting her drink ;)

Bfing mum I just want to check, how much milk do you pump out after 2 hr?

My bresst r never engorged so I m wondering if I have enough?

gilera

even e anesthesist cannot promise cos diff pple react to e medication differently with some feeling sme pain n sme on one side n sme with bad side effect. depends on skill n what medication they use also

never regret taking it n only regretted not taking it earlier!

hamtaro

only pump if bb didnt suckle or my breast still feel full

felicia

i never tried pumping at such small interval.. only latching but mine only feels full at 3 hrs n hard at 4-5 hrs

i yield abt 100-120ml both sides per pump.

u r super hardworking prob tts why no engorgement!

Gilera ;)

I had epi but cos doc gave not enough dosage so I felt contractions ;) haaaa but they can't give much too cos other had puke whole day there after... Also with high dosage u can't feel anything and there is no way you can push baby out. Gilera it will be a good experience ;) Just go in n enjoy ;)

Freaking out

like once admitted there's no backing out.

Now also cannot back out la but am so unsettled abt this at night can't sleep.

Dun be, when you see the baby out just be amazed how baby is formed ;)

Epi is pretty painless just keep calm n await the moment baby pop. Heee confiment is the horrid one haaaa be warned!

Back